News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Digital After life

Started by despickable, May 06, 2010, 09:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

despickable

Our life is now on line forever. Do we know what happens when we pass on to the ethernet in the sky below is a warning too all
I was wondering about this subject for sometime and was keen to find out Elliqury's take on it. What has this site got in place regarding the intellectual property of the contributors here.
I was stunned I had never thought of this. and I wonder how many here have thought about it too

I first saw this clip below when it appeared on Australian TV and it did shock me. I would love to hear comments and suggestions on it from those here. I might be despicable here, but I'm not sure I want my family to find out their little angel is such a evil troll.

Watch this and enjoy. PLEASE COMMENT HERE I will be keen to get your views

Everlasting Digital Life (HUNGRY BEAST)

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Paradox

You ought to have this moved to On Topic or Elliquiy U; it's a much deeper subject than mere socializing!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Vekseid

We ended up creating a 'Rest in Peace' usergroup after CjaC's family went through her private messages. Just added a third person - Sugarman / Halspeedyrp to that group a couple hours ago.

The amount of data NightBird left between her online personas is rather staggering. It made me wonder what can happen after we're able to simulate a human intellect.

despickable

Passwords willed to people is a good idea, particularly financial info where you can leave savings and such to loved with a simple password. I happy to do that but I would be a little cautious of my post s here being shared out so quickly

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Yin

Quote from: Vekseid on May 07, 2010, 05:20:02 AM
The amount of data NightBird left between her online personas is rather staggering. It made me wonder what can happen after we're able to simulate a human intellect.

If we hit Strong AI, the sky's the limit on our imagination I expect. A compressed human mind is around 10 TB (if I remember correctly), meaning we actually could construct entirely virtual databases of past lives (or entire virtual civilizations) on the cheap...

Idle

I have thought about this. I am actually surprised to even find a thread like this let alone a video. Thank you for sharing, btw. Um. Well, I am a pretty paranoid person. I am very aware that my last day on this earth could be today and with that thought in mind a while back I wrote up a list of websites that I regularly visited and participated in for my family to access. Along with the website I gave them all of my information. I wrote down almost all of my emails, my social sites, mmos, pretty well everything. One thing that I didn't list was E...I have another document for those types of passwords and stuff for my safe keeping. I guess...I should remove it from my bookmarks if I am going to be that paranoid about it though.

Sabby

I've got mine covered. If I were to die suddenly, theres a list of contacts that I've entrusted to a close friend. Elliquiy would know and all of my other online friends who don't come to E would also know. In this day and age where people make as many friends online as they do offline, this is something everyone should prepare for. It sucks preparing for yourself suddenly going under a bus wheel, but the alternative is actually a lot more unpleasant to me. I'd rather my friends heard about it then spend the rest of their lives wondering.