I need everyone's help :D

Started by kasen03, August 11, 2006, 07:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasen03

Heh heh...

Just alittle fun.. after Z.K. got the game..I went out last night..but was wrought with indecision whether to buy it.  So.. I'm asking all of you guys :D

GoldenChild

kasen03

I downloaded the demo last night..and it was alot of fun.. although $70 is abit steep for a game.  I paid $70 for Oblivion..it was good.. I am planning on paying the full release price for GTA4.. but other games.. like Battlefield 2 and Chromehounds..I'm going to wait for the price to drop...they are fun..but to me not worth the full $70

That's why I'm asking all of you :D.. and it's fun :D

Elvi

I would wait and then buy it second hand......games get played then chucked in a corner gathering dust or sold second hand....much better way.

(Of course you could sell all the old games you have that you no longer play and then buy the new one, selling that on when you're done with it?)

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

kasen03

Elvi has hit on my 'usual' way of getting games.. EB games is my friend. :D

Except because the xbox 360 is so new.. no one is turning in their games yet.  Myself I only have 3 games so far.. Oblivion, Tiger Woods PGA '06 and 2k6 Hockey (what Canadian doesn't have hockey? heh)

I normally have my rental of the week.. just finished renting Kameo (and nearly finished it with the rental..GLAD I didn't buy!!!) but right now I'm being tempted by zombie bashing goodness :D

Elvi

Well just get your hockey stick out and go bash the neighbours........
I'm sure the police will understand that you were sure they were unliving........*grins*

MagicalPen

And i thought you were talking about PC games for $70! Was going to say, thats a ridicolous price to pay ($50 is standard for a new game = how much i spent for Oblivion). I'm gonna buy an XBox 360 ( i think ) once PS3 comes out since the 360 will take a price cut (i hope) or i might not buy one. We'll see - just did get a new Alienware Area 51 computer so i'm set.

Oblvion is one awesome game...i think i'm gonna start a new one as a pure Warrior instead of an Archer (melee battles not so good for me). By the way, whats the best way to kill Zombies in that game? I had one chase me for like 30 mins because i couldnt heal myself and they can take a beating...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

kasen03

Right now my character is using a dagger (silver I think) which has the 'does +30 shock damage on hit'.  It just sucks down the Soul Gems to recharge it.. but I can take out most things with 2 or 3 swipes. 

Even when I'm in the Oblivion gates, and taking on 3 or 4 demons at a time.. I just chew through them with the little dagger.

Plus.. one of my primary spells is a 'Heal 25 points'.  I also keep a large collection of Healing potions for times when mana runs low.

As for my offensive spells, I have both fire and ice damage, usually I've found someone resistant to one is vulerable to the other.

I don't think I could do an archer.. as I said before..I'm the fighter/battle mage combo.. my weakness is mostly anything thivery.. sneak - open locks, etc

Lilian

If I had a 360, I'd pony up the cash to buy it right out. It sounds like a GOOD game, but it's ultimately your decision. If you can afford $70 on a luxury that you will sink endless fun hours into, then get it. If not.. then you can wait.  But from what I've heard, it's a weiner! ;)

(By the way, weiners are good.. da. *Glances at da buns*)

Elvi

Strangely says:

"I've seen the first ten minutes of the game, I order you to buy it, complete it in 24 hours, then send me the console and the game......"

kasen03

Okay.. I did it :D

I couldn't help it.

Now I'm mired in the endless sea of Zombies.. getting my butt chewed off. (quite literally)

I think perhaps Purple should ask for her money back as a companion.. because I don't seem to have that much survivability as a zombie hunter. :D  It's right now 1:02am, and I'm stuck up in the security room because I'm almost afraid to go out to the mall at night.. the night zombies are EVIL!!!

all in all.. amazing.. great story.. good intensity..and some of the characters you come across are just DISTURBING!!!!!

And..it's all the woman with the poodle's fault!!!!

Elvi

*laughs lots and hides the thread from Strangely*