My fourth child. Kat "meow!"

Started by BlindManDonny, December 16, 2011, 08:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlindManDonny

I had heard like many others a new person was coming.
Female, much younger, about half our age.
Personally, perferd it to the older ones.
A child is ether bane, or bliss to deal with at my age.
The theving, mischief, liars, type are bane.
The bliss were the ones that ether,
Listen
Stay out of trouble
Or
Easily Manipulated into behaving positively by someone that understood.

Ronia was the first person I saw coming home from school. Dusty Brown hair, nice and not totally shinny, and straight. Her hair had some split ends at the bottom. Brown eyes, but the type you just couldn't look away from, even though it was the same color as mine. Tan skin, one tiny scare on her forehead. She had a purple shirt with a purple happy bunny, its message was clearly understood by though's that were twice her age easily, but it wasn't inappropriate. That shirt was faded, and the message was both suited for her and the situation. Really bright pink shorts, they fit her but they were alittle short for her. She wasn't wearing socks or shoes, seeing someone in socks was rare, but no socks ether? Wearing Black cat ears, 'odd choice' is what I remember about the cat ears.

It was a strange name to come by, Ronia. I had a stereotype for every name, oddly enough most of the time, the stereotype was mostly right. Her name was no exception 'brat, spoiled, loudmouth'. Only seen a maybe 10 or 11 childeren with her name all of them fit the sterotype. Well, two out of three of the sterotyped behavior at any given time.

Her greeting was as eclectic as she dressed, considering the situation. Given, I had already given her the look up and down, Riona's greeting was quite unique for most people period. That feeling can back when I thought it would never come back, that loving fatherly feeling. I had already raised three children, and instilled life long lessons, my siblings.

My eyes had mellowed, and a loving smile upon my face. "Welcome home, Ronia". I never Normally considered a place like this one i was at home, but what is home? It is a gathering of friends, family, loved ones. It was when I said deep inside myself, I would take her under my wing. Look after her, mentor her, teach her everything I could.

"You can call me Kat, K. A. T." Smiling, with her hands limp in-front of her face like cat paws. "Meow!" moving her hand as if she was patting the air in a nodding motion much like a cat.

=====
Words from the Writer:

Well the rest is for another story and depends how popular this one get.

R.S.B.

BlindManDonny