News:

Main Menu

Any MMA fans here?

Started by AtlasEros, November 08, 2010, 08:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtlasEros

I've done wrestling (folk & free style) and martial arts for over 20 years & really enjoy them.  I'm also a big MMA fan & was wondering if there were any other MMA fans here.

If so, who are your favorite fighters?

Mine are: Brock Lesnar, Randy Couture, Nick Diaz, Forest Griffin, Matt Hughes, Mirco Cro Cop, Dan Henderson, Rampage Jackson, clay guida, josh koscheck and Tito Ortiz.
O/O

Heaven Sent Blossom

I tend to always favour wrestlers since that's where my background is (although Lancashire Catch rather than free style) so my favourite UFC guy is probably Koscheck, especially for the way he treated that moron Paul Daley. Honestly it physically pains me to keep seeing UK fighters who are lost when a fight goes to the ground, it's pathetic and every one of them should be ashamed of themselves.

Right now my absolute favourite guy is probably Shinya Aoiki, the guy really isn't an actual human being but it's still nice to watch him collect trophies from all of the corpses that he creates in the 155lb weight class.
Oh and I like Jake Shields, should be interesting to see him in UFC when he isn't in a weight class that making the cut for has gassed him out.

Other notable favourites are Brock (pro wrestling represent I'm afraid), Shogun, Mirko, GSP, Okami, Mizuko, Wanderlei Silva and obviously Fedor.

AtlasEros

Quote from: Heaven Sent Blossom on November 10, 2010, 07:34:10 AM
I tend to always favour wrestlers since that's where my background is (although Lancashire Catch rather than free style) so my favourite UFC guy is probably Koscheck, especially for the way he treated that moron Paul Daley. Honestly it physically pains me to keep seeing UK fighters who are lost when a fight goes to the ground, it's pathetic and every one of them should be ashamed of themselves.

Right now my absolute favourite guy is probably Shinya Aoiki, the guy really isn't an actual human being but it's still nice to watch him collect trophies from all of the corpses that he creates in the 155lb weight class.
Oh and I like Jake Shields, should be interesting to see him in UFC when he isn't in a weight class that making the cut for has gassed him out.

Other notable favourites are Brock (pro wrestling represent I'm afraid), Shogun, Mirko, GSP, Okami, Mizuko, Wanderlei Silva and obviously Fedor.
From looking at your list of guys I'm taking it you were a Pride fan back in the day?  I use to look the old Pride ppvs, especially when Bas Rutton was the color announcer.

Well the problem there for Jake Shields is he's too small for 185, he might be one of those guys that isn't really great for any weight class, maybe an idea 175lber?  He did look bad in his first UFC fight, as far as having cut too much weight.  It'll be interesting to see if he can do a better cut next time.
O/O