Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"I've kind of lost track," he said with a wry chuckle. "One of the downsides of regular time travel is you lose track of things like birthdays. I think at least 27 though."

Lady Temptress

Hannah laughs a bit at the irony of it all and she gave a nod of her head. " Well, then you are older than your mama, me at the moment. I'm 25." she giggles.  " That doesn't mean you get to boss me around." she pokes Jake in the left side to get him out of his thinking daze.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

The doorway led into a long, barely lit corridor, at the end of which, silhouetted by the light of two torches hanging to either side of him, was a cloaked figure stood motionless.  "He's one of Ayan's kind," Merlin said under his breath.

"How do you know?" Jake asked.

"The bio readings on my device," Merlin replied. "His life signature is still partially energy based, even if he appears to have a physical body."

Lady Temptress

She simply stands there and listens to them talk and explain things.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You managed to bypass our traps and the ogres," the figure said. "Something tells me you aren't paying us a social call."

"The timeline is in trouble," Merlin said. "I'm guessing you knew that already considering what's hidden within this base though."

"You are correct," the figure replied. "We do not have much time though. The Infinite Portal is becoming increasingly difficult to hide with all the energy it's giving off."

Lady Temptress

( I'm back from a busy weekend!) Hannah groans as she watches with peeked interest and curiosity as more strange creatures, people fall into place as the events continue to unfold before them.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

They entered an immense chamber, at the centre of which was stood a portal which looked like the fake one they had seen but on a much larger scale. "The Infinite Portal. The one you have seen was a way outside of the space-time continuum, this one leads you to the heart of the continuum itself. No human has stepped through this portal before."

Lady Temptress

" This is trully amazing. " she exclaims concerning the infinate portal and she gazes at Jake and then Hannah looks around with caution.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't understand," Jake said. "With all of these defences how could the Time Hunters reach the Infinite Fortress?"

"There is another way in," the figure replied. "One whose location was lost a long time again. The Hunters have spent an age trying to locate it again."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she just follows along while she listens to them talk.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Why not enter the portal and simply close the other doorway?" Jake asked.

"Because the Infinite Realm has earned it's name," the figure replied. "We are more likely to end up lost with no way back to the portal than we are to ever find the doorway."

Lady Temptress

Hannah just stands by Jake and she listens closely as they talk.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Do you fancy going into a realm which has no beginning and end?" Merlin asked Hannah with a laugh. "We'll have to make sure we have a way of finding our way back to the portal again."

Lady Temptress

Hannah shakes her head and she gives Merlin a smirk. " I'd rather not go in one without a way out."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"It's not a problem of not having a way out," Merlin replied. "It's a problem of remembering where the way out is."

Lady Temptress

" I'll remember it." Hannah says as a matter of factly and as if, she had been here before.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You'll need assistance," the figure said. "I cannot help you. When I became guardian of this monastery I lost my ability to cross into the realm within that portal. Wait here."

"If it wasn't for the fact they have more of an idea where we're going than they do I'd say to just go in anyway," Jake said with a laugh, wrapping an arm around her.

Lady Temptress

Hannah frowns at Jake's laughing at her and she rolls her eyes. " Whatever." she says as he put her arms around her. she'll just keep quiet from now on.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Sorry, I wasn't laughing at you," he said, kissing her forehead. As he held her in his arms he saw a shadow moving across the floor which seemed to vanish as soon as he saw it, so he assumed he must have imagined the sight.

Lady Temptress

Hannah blushes and she flashes a shy smile at Jake as she gave a kiss in return while she remains in his embrace. " I forgive you. Eh what was that?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Merka, leave them alone," the figure said as he came back in, one of the guards from the doorway following him, giving them a silent nod as he approached. The shadow reappeared, moving to the figure's shoulder where it perched itself , appearing to take the form of a small bird but still more like a shadow. "Merka here is a Nightstalker, there were once thousands of them scattered across your world, now he is one of the few left in this reality. This isn't his true form, but your eyes can't perceive what he really looks like unlike mine."

Lady Temptress

( So sorry for the wait hun! Been busy & I thought I has posted! Send me a pm when I haven't posted in a few days & remind me, please..*hug*) Hannah watches with peeked interest and curiousity as she stands there with Jake, holding onto him and she listens carefully while she remains alert from pending danger, if any.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"This is Van'gar," the figure said, indicating the ogre. "He is the leader of the guards of this monastery. He has certain...skills that will help you find your way to and from the portal without having to worry about leaving a trail or losing sight of it."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head in a friendly gesture of greeting at the one that they are being introduced to and she continues to listen.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"How do we know what we're looking for when we get there?" Jake asked.

"I am not sure," the figure replied. "None of us have ever seen it, but believe me you will know it when you see it."