News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Seeking Orc-Oriented Roleplay

Started by Tsume, April 16, 2009, 10:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsume

So, I make no qualms about admitting that if it's got Orcs, I'll probably like it. They're big, green, powerful . . .  what's not to like?

Anyway, I've been pretty much out of roleplay for a while, so I thought I'd throw some fun, Orc-centered roleplay ideas out there, and see if anyone was interested in trying their hand at playing one.

I'll divide the ideas into two categories: Modern and Fantasy.

Note: The Modern scenes listed here tend to all belong in the same universe, wherein Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, and several other fantasy races (explained as "different evolutionary paths" by modern science) all exist, but are generally sequestered. Humans are the dominant race, by far the most plentiful, and tend to be at the top of the ladder, in terms of social class. Other races tend to be looked down on as second class citizens, and are usually segregated in terms of public services, education, etc. (Some, like the Orc, by force. Some, like the Dwarves, by choice.) The idea of sexual contact between various races is viewed, even in straight relationships, as fairly debauched, and extreme perverse. (Think bestiality.) It happens, but is frowned upon by most of society.

The Perils (and Pleasures) of a Summer Job [VAN-E]: Mark had done his best. He really had. Good grades, perfect attendance. He'd kissed every ass he could, and had written one of the most beautiful essays that the admission's officer said he had ever read. But, when corporate downsizing left his father jobless, and their family without the proper funds to send him to university, he knew that he was screwed. That's how he ended up working at Happiness Hideaway, a cheapo amusement park built decades ago, that tended to cater to the impoverished sect. And the local enclave of Orcs. The job is shitty, degrading, and hard. Worst of all, the park had a "no discrimination" policy, and currently had a young Orc in their employ. A massive, burly specimen of an Orc, that had been sending Mark the stink-eye since day 1. Or . . . had he? (Based, loosely, on Adventure Land.)

Ain't No Dignity In It [VAN-E]: Sometimes, a taboo relationship between a human and "other" will result in a new life being born. This is an situation that, in most cases, would try to be avoided at all costs. Reason being: it can result in a whole mess of trouble. Hunter Grant is about to get a taste of some of that. He will be walking through a south-side park on a cloudy Thursday when he will meet two people that will drastically effect the course of his life: a young half-Orc, and his father, a young, tired man, fighting desperately to keep his son against a system that would prefer that he hadn't existed in the first place.

Unfortunate Circumstance [BON-E]: He hadn't done it. Really, he hadn't. Okay, maybe he had. But he wasn't the only damn person on the block to have a little bit of coke. Or a lot. But he'd been the one to get caught, and the one to get sent to the local penitentiary. Unlucky enough for him, the justice system didn't often take race into account (at least in terms of who gets which cell) and he's about to get an eyeful of his new, significantly greener cellmate.

Retaliation [NC-E] OR [EX]: Hate breeds hate breeds hate. Oppression breeds dissatisfaction. Freddy Young is about to get an intimate lesson about just how dangerous the seething hatred of an oppressed group of people can be. Not that he really deserves it. He was just walking home one night, and was picked up off the street. Bad luck for him. But now he's in the power of the state's most fearsome all-Orc biker gang, and they have every intention of taking a good deal of frustration on rage out on their new 'property.'

NOTE: Fantasy scenes tend to be fairly flexible in terms of setting, so it's definitely up for discussion!

Failure To Communicate [VAN-E]: Mattias has made a mistake. A grave, grave mistake. The son of a diplomat, he is used to his father entertaining strange guests, and preparing himself accordingly. But when the Chief of a neighboring Orcish clan arrives for dinner, flanked by two of the strongest looking creatures that he's ever seen, he fumbles in the worst way imaginable. It seems that Orcs have some strange customs. Some strange customs involving marriage. (Inspired by Kyo Karo Maoh. Basic premise would be that the boy would violate some sort of Orcish custom by accident, and would end up proposing marriage to one of the Chief's bodyguards, who would accidentally accept. Hijinks ensue.)

More ideas later . . . .

PeacethatPowerbrings

Well, I wouldn't mind doing Failure to Communicate. It sounds interesting, and something of a departure for me, so, why not.

PM me if you'd like to work it out.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Caliban

Quote from: Tsume on April 16, 2009, 10:12:25 PMSo, I make no qualms about admitting that if it's got Orcs, I'll probably like it. They're big, green, powerful . . .  what's not to like?
Tsume:

Have you read Mary Gentle's book Grunts?

Have you seen Ork: The Roleplaying Game

Have you read Celebrian?
"All jocks think about is sports.  All nerds think about is sex." Somewhere at the edge of the bell curve is the girl for me.
"Take off your clothes.  And roll for initiative." I burn for you: I Cor. 7:9
System RP: Shadows of Terramar (d20 fantasy) * Pulp Scripture (WoD contemporary supernatural) * Perfidious Albion (GURPS steampunk)
Do the rocks in my head fit the holes in yours? --> Oohs and Ahhs
Meae Culpae (A&A)

Tsume

Wow . . . point taken. I was actually referring to if the scene/plot that I'm RPing with someone involves Orcs, then I'll probably like it. But .  . . wow. I got maybe three or four minutes into Celebrian, and was done in ways that I can't even begin to describe.

Also - am I being griefed? Oh well, free bumps!

Tsume

Missionary Work [NC-E]: The national religion of the Kingdom of Harbrill calls for it's followers to convert nonbelievers, to civilize the uncivilized, and to save all the souls that they can from the terror of the eternal flames of Hell. Hyatt Wilheim had always been a devout believer in the Church's teachings, so when a genial man comes through town professing to be leading a missionary trip into Orc lands in an attempt to civilize "the beast race", he is only too happy to sign up. Little does he know that this man has an alternate motive: he is a slaver, paid well by the Orc chieftains to bring fresh, unspoiled human slaves into their lands. And Hyatt's been caught in their trap.

Caliban

Quote from: Tsume on April 16, 2009, 10:12:25 PMSo, I make no qualms about admitting that if it's got Orcs, I'll probably like it. They're big, green, powerful . . .  what's not to like?
Are you interested in playing an Orc or Half-Orc "adventurer" in a fantasy campaign?
QuoteAlso - am I being griefed?
"Am I grieved?  Does my face look grieved?"  I'm sure if Lauren Cooper were alive today she'd say that.  :D

Seriously, though, no, I'm not griefing you -- at least not intentionally.  My wit is a broadsword, not a rapier.  When I grief someone, they know it.  If there's any question, any doubt, then it's not happening.
"All jocks think about is sports.  All nerds think about is sex." Somewhere at the edge of the bell curve is the girl for me.
"Take off your clothes.  And roll for initiative." I burn for you: I Cor. 7:9
System RP: Shadows of Terramar (d20 fantasy) * Pulp Scripture (WoD contemporary supernatural) * Perfidious Albion (GURPS steampunk)
Do the rocks in my head fit the holes in yours? --> Oohs and Ahhs
Meae Culpae (A&A)

Kip

Hey there!

I'd be interested in "Ain't no dignity in it" if you're still looking for a writing partner for it - PM me and we can see what we can work out!

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

krisalyx

is there going to be any WAUGH or DAKKA if there is i want in ok, or if it's closer to warcraft and world of darkness & less warhammer i'll still be interested just pm me.
Fuu Fuu Fuu . . . Now Just Behave Yourself!

Requiem

"Pass me another elf, sergeant.  This one split."

Mary Gentle is -not- well named. :)

Saku

I PMed you about Missionary Work :)
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Tsume

Bump!

And I now leave it to you, beautiful people.

I wanna have some fun, Orcish RP, and I would gladly accommodate you in any ideas that you might have on the subject.

I'll post more ideas here, later.