News:

Main Menu

E3 2015

Started by Sasquatch421, June 15, 2015, 10:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Aliens can make friends with my bullets. They took over my planet. >:[
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

Has there ever been a Resident Evil style game where you play the role of the Umbrella side, controlling the B.O.W.'s and mercs and such to kill the innocent witnesses and law enforcement trying to stop you? If not they should make a game like that. I know there's things like Alien: Colonial Marines where you play as the monsters but being a human mastermind behind a big scheme like that would be a little more satisfying.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 10:50:10 PM
Has there ever been a Resident Evil style game where you play the role of the Umbrella side, controlling the B.O.W.'s and mercs and such to kill the innocent witnesses and law enforcement trying to stop you? If not they should make a game like that. I know there's things like Alien: Colonial Marines where you play as the monsters but being a human mastermind behind a big scheme like that would be a little more satisfying.

Was I the only one wishing that Op Racoon city had gone all out with its AU setting? I had more fun playing as the special forces in that, I wish we had seen the Marines, Rangers air force, etc etc trying ot take back the city.

I wanted to see real soldiers showing those umbrella goons what its like to fight someone who can hit back just as hard as they could. I wanted APCs fighting hunters and an A-10 attacking Nemesis.

Seriosuly think about it, that's a real conspiracy, The army wins and looks good, and Umbrella gets all the combat data they need and sells vaccines and all other defensive measures to the US in public while some BOWs under the table.

I feel like they really missed an opportunity there.

Mathim

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 28, 2015, 10:58:07 PM
Was I the only one wishing that Op Racoon city had gone all out with its AU setting? I had more fun playing as the special forces in that, I wish we had seen the Marines, Rangers air force, etc etc trying ot take back the city.

I wanted to see real soldiers showing those umbrella goons what its like to fight someone who can hit back just as hard as they could. I wanted APCs fighting hunters and an A-10 attacking Nemesis.

Seriosuly think about it, that's a real conspiracy, The army wins and looks good, and Umbrella gets all the combat data they need and sells vaccines and all other defensive measures to the US in public while some BOWs under the table.

I feel like they really missed an opportunity there.

Well the power of retcon is only so strong. As is the corporate brain.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Mikem

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 28, 2015, 10:58:07 PM

AH-64 Apache's, F-22 Raptorss, M2A2 Bradley's oh my.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

consortium11

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 10:50:10 PM

It's not really a Resident Evil style survival horror/action horror game (it's more of an open world with super powers) but the Prototype series has you playing as essentially a still human looking and intelligent B.O.W fighting against other B.O.W type things, the military/police and general civilians.

There's also the classics Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2. They're management games set in a fantasy world where you play the "Dungeon Master", constructing an underground dungeon which you fill with various evil creatures, fighting off heroic adventurers who try to defeat you. They're obviously showing their age graphically (and while there have been remakes or heavily "inspired by" games more recently most don't quite hold up) and are a fantasy rather than semi-horror setting but they're both absolutely brilliant.

Inkidu

Wasn't there a HUNK campaign in one of the games?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

I'm talking about something where, at any time, you can switch between controlling groups or individuals of your B.O.W.-type monsters and agents and such from your supervillain control center during some kind of Raccoon City style blitzkrieg of carnage. Where the good guys may be formidable but just shy of having serious military backup due to time constraints or communication outage. And with contemporary or at least PS2-level graphical capabilities.

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Mathim

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 30, 2015, 09:25:56 PM

January's reveal of the HD remaster of the PC port was a glorious troll. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 01, 2015, 12:54:16 AM
January's reveal of the HD remaster of the PC port was a glorious troll.

If I am not mistaken, they also trolled their Chrono fanbase at some point with a tease of possible remake but it was something else. Along with trolling KH and other FF fans of games that were mobile ports instead. ;o

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 01, 2015, 05:38:04 PM

If I am not mistaken, they also trolled their Chrono fanbase at some point with a tease of possible remake but it was something else. Along with trolling KH and other FF fans of games that were mobile ports instead. ;o

Yeah, turned out to be the new hack n slash dragon quest game.  Was pretty funny.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Mikem

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Mikem on July 05, 2015, 04:05:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU

They're gonna make millions.

Yea, no.

I rather see Walking Dead Season 3 out than that. ;\

Inkidu

Civilization Beyond Earth: Rising Tide looks really good. Yeah, floating cities was in SMAC, but these can move! They actually move. You build an improvement that shifts it a tile, which is how it also grows its cultural borders. :3

Mikem

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 05, 2015, 08:58:01 PM

Yea, no.

They're gonna make millions anyway. lol I saw the amount of backlash there was in the youtube comments, but Minecraft has an enormous player base. It's still going to be played, if not by hype than by curiosity.

My Ons & Offs