Started by Valerian, November 24, 2009, 07:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

I am definitely on board. ^-^

Kye

Acid

Death Note Mafia game, anyone?  8-)

Remiel

Naturally, Val, as the person who begged and pleaded for a redux, I'd be participating.  ;D

Niferbelle

I wasn't in the last one but I'll give it a try. I find I'm enjoying these games  :-)

FoamWeber

Sure, sounds like fun :D. Especially if Death Note is involved <3 I loved that manga.

Falanor

I totally dug Battle of the Books the first time and a second go would be greatly enjoyed!  :D

desert ashes

I'd be interested playing in another Book game, too.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Lord Mayerling

I'd also like to play if there's still room.

Valerian

Imogen
That Girl Analise
Saffron
Ryven
Kyrsa
Acid
Remiel
Niferbelle
FoamWeber
Falanor
Moirae
Lord Mayerling
Geeklet
Beguile's Mistress

Well, twelve fourteen is a pretty good number, so I could start with this list.  :)  For those who may not have seen the first Battle of the Books, that thread is here.  I may tweak the roles a little, but otherwise it will be basically the same thing.  The first game ended rather quickly (and dramatically!) thanks to the villains having some bad luck, so I suppose it's only fitting to give the setting another try.

If anyone has any suggestions or requests for roles or rules they'd like to see, feel free to post them or PM them to me.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

But wait!

Based on a suggestion from Ryven, I've just added a poll to the thread.  If you'd like to play in a game with characters from movies or video games, then vote!  Or if you'd rather stick with literary characters, you can vote for that, too.  :)  The game would be the same otherwise, of course; this would just move us to a different pool of possible characters and perhaps allow more options for those who are more movie buffs than readers, for example.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Geeklet

...if film or video games are involved, I just might be interested.

Beguile's Mistress

Me too, please.  How did I miss this?

Niferbelle

I voted but I would be happy to play whatever the category. There wasn't a choice for any of the above though ;)

desert ashes

Video games edges out only slightly for me, but I would have liked an "all of the above/I like them all" option, too.  :-)
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Valerian

Well, considering that movies and video games are tied at the moment, we may end up with a Battle of the Visual Media, though that does seem to lack a certain punch as a title.   ::)  Combining them all seems like it would make it awfully difficult to guess anyone's character, but we could give that a try if that's what most people want.  We'll still need a better title in that case, though.  Heh.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Perhaps the Battle of the Multimedia?  After all, even bookstores need to move with the times. *nod*

Or...battle of the Fictional Characters?  Crisis of the Imaginary?

Beguile's Mistress

Operation Multimedia:  Characters in Conflict

Elina

Acid

Quote from: Acid on March 15, 2012, 01:30:20 PM
Death Note Mafia game, anyone?  8-)

Still looking to do a Death Note RP with someone.

Valerian

My apologies; I was distracted for a while, but if everyone's still interested we can get started up soon.  If you're on the following list and don't want to be, please let me know.

Quote from: Valerian on March 27, 2012, 09:21:29 AM
Imogen
That Girl Analise
Saffron
Ryven
Kyrsa
Acid
Remiel
Niferbelle
FoamWeber
Falanor
Moirae
Lord Mayerling
Geeklet
Beguile's Mistress

It looks like the Battle of the Multimedia is the most popular choice in the discussion, at least (movies won by a single vote), so we can give that a try.  As with the last game, players should send me via PM their choice of a fictional character to play, whether from a book, a video game, or a film.  Choice of characters will be first come, first served, though since we have a very wide field this time I don't really expect much in the way of duplicates.

Remember, your character choice will not influence the role you get in terms of the Mafia game rules -- the two things are completely separate, and the character choice is mainly for fun and roleplaying.  So asking to be Sherlock Holmes won't guarantee that you'll be the Detective who can seek out the roles of others.  Those will be assigned as usual by the ultra-high-tech method of writing names on slips of paper and drawing them out at random.  :D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

FoamWeber

Actually, it looks like I'm going to have to back out :( Sorry, just looks like I'm going to have a lot on my plate in the next few weeks.

Valerian

There's always the next one.  :)

Anyone else?  I have six confirmed players, but we'll need more.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

I'm sending you a character this evening.  Sorry I went MIA.