(ORP) Peace and Quiet and a little bit of trouble.

Started by Rozel, August 28, 2010, 07:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rozel

(I lost my cards..  :-[) 

Playing out her remaining card(s)  she watches as he pulls ahead.  Just like him to take an early lead, even if it was her crib. What should we think on doing tomorrow? she asked, a slight yawn on her lips. And as she asked, a Flash of light lit the sky for a few seconds.

Getting to her feet, she ventured over to the door for a better look. A little flash off in the distance, and it had begun to rain lightly without them even knowing it. Looks like a storm.. I thought we were going to have some decent weather. She said, mesmerized by the building storm.

We have enough dry wood?  she turned back to ask...  Hoping that the rain wouldn't hold out too long

When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful.
My Ons and Offs: ~♠Funs, Not so Funs and Maybes with Roz♠~
Musings and Thoughts: 𓆩*𓆪Available Stories𓆩*𓆪
Sorry: ~~A/A's~~
{Slow return, its been a while. }

dreamophiliac

In the rain, pattering, the wood cutter felled another tree. His soggy hat, fur lined interior, checkered red exterior, and worn with time, was pulled tight over his head. His two day stubble, dark but spattered with bit of grey protruded defiantly from his face.

He looked up at the gap in the sky he'd left. He took a moment to enjoy the mist upon his face. Then, he turned his chainsaw to the log at his feet. He cut it into rounds two feet long a piece. These, he rolled to his truck before removing his chaps, and stashing his saw in the cab of his truck.

The edge of his axe shined in the glow of his newly lit head lamp. He brushed saw dust from his dark green rain jacket. He began to split the rounds and load them neatly onto his trailer, three quarters full now after a day's work, hitched to the back of his beaten, blue 1983 gmc truck.

His breath came out in clouds about his head.

Lonestar

"A-ha!" he exclaimed, "I'm winning" He counted the peg hole difference between his and Roz's position. "Now I need to keep my lead."

A flash of lightning followed by a loud clap of thunder echoed overhead shaking the panes of glass in the windows. "Oh my that was quite close" he said. He surveyed the wood situation and knew that there was not enough to see them to morning.

He stepped outside into the light rain and looked for the woodbox but found it empty. He cursed under his breath. He had no idea of how to swing an axe let alone be able to tell which trees would be suitable to chop down or even how to chop one down for that matter. He rummaged through the woodshed and managed to find a sort of chopping tool.

He swung the bladed device up to his shoulder and began to tromp into the forest. He stopped 15 feet or so in and thought for certain he could hear the sound of a chainsaw grinding to a halt. He leaned his ear toward the sound but could not hear it anymore.

He continued walking in and stopped after another 10 feet to a new sound. This one sounded like wood being thrown into the back of a truck or something metallic. "Hello!" he shouted. He waited for a reply
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. ~George Carlin

dreamophiliac

Nothing made Carl, the woodcutter, feel better about himself than a nicely stacked pile of wood. He had tried playing tetris a few times, and arranging the blocks correctly had some of the same appeal, but not nearly. With most ornagizing, it was the same things over and over again; stacked, restaked, and boring. Split wood, though, was always just a little different.

This was the totality of his world as he jammed a strangely shaped, knotted monstrosity into a divet he had allowed in the previos row. It slid into its groove with satisfying ease. He was pleased, then he was alert. He walked to the end of his trailer and hopped off onto the ground. He grabbed his axe from where he'd left it leaning against the trailer and then headed towards the shout.

"Hey there," he shouted back (probably around 20 seconds after the "Hello.") Then, Carl checked his breast pocket for his cigarettes with his free hand as he walked, out of habit. The axe swung leasurly at his side, gripped halfway up its wooden handle.

His headlamp made a glowing cone of raindrops in front of him.

Lonestar

He waited in the rain for a response. About 20 seconds or so later he heard a voice call out "hey there"
He followed the direction of the sound and came upon a man standing by a truck. The headlamps were pointed at him so he could not make the strangers facial features but could clearly see that he carried an axe.

Pardon me sir? he said cautiously I need some help gathering wood for the fire in my cabin...my lady friend is back there right now waiting for me.  He shaded his eyes to try and catch a glimpse of the stranger standing there.

dreamophiliac

Carl took one good look at Lonestar in the light before he reached up and turned off his head lamp. Then, he looked at his trailer. He laughed, briefly and almost ruefully.

"You've got the devil's own luck, then. I only cut on this lot once a year." He set his axe back against his trailer, reached for his pocket and removed his cigarettes. He continued, hardly skipping a beat, "You've got cash, I assume?"

He turned towards Lonestar while he lit his cig, his face was illuminated by the lighter flame. Brown eyes, dark hair speckled with grey, weathered, tan skin. Carl is half mexican. He's got bushy eyebrows. He's got a moustache. He doesn't have a descernable accent. When he turns to the side you can see some weight on him. Not quite fat, but healthy. Well fed.

Carl is jovial enough, but he's a bit leary on account of Lonestar being a stranger in the woods.

Lonestar

He was glad that the man had turned off the headlamps. It was easier to make out the guy in front of him. He had a seemingly Mexican look about him but not quite full. Grey flecked hair betrayed his age a little.

He was still a little leery about this man but there was a kindness that shone through his rough grizzled exterior. He looked at the trailer where he stood his ax and then back at the man who took a long haul off of his cigarette

Yes, I do he said and searched his pockets for his wallet. How much will $40 net me? he asked enough for a couple days I hope.

He pulled out two twenties and approached the man. My name is Lonestar he said in greeting May I have your name please?

dreamophiliac

Carl relaxes noticably when he sees the money.

"40 bucks will get you three bundles. That should be enough for two days. If you're conservative." He grins.

He doesn't move to take the money yet. First, he hops back up on his trailer and moves towards his wood.

"Nice to meet you Lonestar. I'm Carl." He takes his cigarette out of his mouth as he talks, but quickly replaces it as he pulls a roll of twine out of one of his pockets. He quickly and skillfully uses the twine to start gathering together the bundles.

He continues to talk while he works, cig dangling from his lower lip, "You got far to carry this?"

Lonestar

Nice to meet you Carl he said as he stood there still holding the money. He watched as Carl went to work tying up some wood in bundles. No I haven't that far to go at all he said to him. He looked behind him at the small cabin a short ways away a flickering light telling him that the wood was still burning keeping Roz warm.

Carl tied the three bundles together so that he could easily carry them slung over his shoulder. He handed the man the cash and picked up his package. I hope night is much better to you than it has been thus far Carl He began to walk away toward the cottage in the distance. Drive safe and watch out for yourself he called over his shoulder.

The journey took a little longer than he expected but soon enough he found himself walking along the step of the cabin and knocking on the door. Roz? he called out I'm back and I got us some wood to burn he waited for the door to swing open.

Rozel

She was a little worried about him being out in the weather. When the knock came she rushed to the door to open it. The look on her face at the sight was that of confusion. He hadn't been gone near long enough to have cut and chopped the wood that was now upon the porch.

How did you? She started, looking at him. The rain seemed to have drenched him fully. Oh get in here you.. you will catch your death and then where will I be? Lost in these here woods.. on some back road. She said in jest, but pulled him inside by the warm fire and began to peel off his coat.

When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful.

Lonestar

Dripping wet with rain he followed where she was pulling him over by the fire. You wouldn't believe me if I told you, he began as she helped him out of his soaking wet jacket. I merely walked a short distance from the cabin to the grove of trees on the upper right side and I stumbled upon a man, he told her with great earnest, His name was Carl and he was seemingly just finishing up dicing up a tree he had fallen, he continued with hand and arm motions to describe the scene, I asked him how much of his wood I could buy for $40 and what you see on the porch is just that.

After he finished recounting his tale to her she had nearly stripped him out of all of his wet items. Thanks for helping me out my wet clothing Roz, he said to her as he sat down upon the couch. Would you mind getting me my robe? he asked her

He absolutely loved Roz ever since the day they met he has been madly in love with her. The way her hair shone in the firelight...fine body and fair skin complexion always gave him warm feelings within his heart. He leaned into the couch and locked his fingers behind his head. So did you want to continue playing cards, he said or just declare it a draw and sit here on the couch warming ourselves...what do you think? he asked her

Rozel

Dicing up a tree?  Was he a forest chef? She winked at him, but let him continue.. as she helped him. Once his wet clothes were removed she nodded at his suggestion of a robe, and left to find it.

In the bedroom, she looked behind the door where she had stored it, not sure he would have needed it. She was glad now that she had unpacked it. Returning with it she had hear him still talking as she had searched. Yeah, can we just call it a draw on the game.. I am kinda ready to unwind.. and before the fire sounds great. She though about leaning against him and just enjoying the flicker of the fire.

He was a good man. Had always treated her well, even though she hardly told him. This escape was something that they both needed. Sure she may have liked to go to a resort or something else, but this was nice too.. They got to enjoy each other for a change rather than be interrupted by the technologies of the day..

Holding out the robe, she held it in a way that would help him into it.

Lonestar

He watched her disappear from view. *wow* he thought *she was one woman you didn't like to see leave but loved to watch go* he chuckled at his thought. It was true though Roz had a knockout body. Long luscious legs, soft firm ass, perfect breasts and pouty lips that he loved to kiss.

She returned with his robe and he stood and slipped his arms into it wrapping it around himself and tying off the belt. Thanks sweetie, he said, I really appreciate you getting it for me, he added.
He sat back down onto the couch  and patted the spot next to him. Room for one more, he said with a wink in his eye, care to join me all cuddled together in front of the fire? he asked.

As he waited for Roz his thoughts drifted back to Carl the woodcutter. He wondered if this rain storm was getting the best of him and possibly causing him trouble. He cursed himself for not inviting him to their warm cabin to wait out the storm

Kairi

As I walk the rain begins pounding harder on my head, having forgotten my umbrella I begin cussing louder. "Damn it if it isn't enough my truck broke down, it has to rain the day I finally clean the damn thing out! I knew I should have put the umbrella back in the truck." As I look up I see a house and start making my way over to see if they have a phone I could use to call my brother. As I begin tapping on the door I start to feel awkward and start to back away from the door.
Through Shattered Glass and Broken Eyes,
I See Your Words, I Know They're Lies.

Rozel

She smiled at Lone as he slid his arms into the robe and tied it up.  You are welcome. I figured it would come in handy. She winked, then went into the kitchen to sneak a bite of the s'more that was left. As she came back, she grinned at his invitation. Sounds good.. she said, but turned her head at the knock upon the door.

She looked at Lone with a puzzle upon her face. You think the cutter came back? She said as she made her way to the door. Pulling it open it could be seen that the weather had not changed a bit.

Hello. She said to the woman standing before her.

Kairi

Kairi looks upon the woman and judging by her face she could only imagine her ghastly appearance. "I'm sorry my name is Kairi I don't mean to intrude but my vehicle broke down a couple miles up the road, do you have a place to stay until the rain clears?"

Rozel

Stepping back, she opened the door a bit wider and smiled. Oh my!  Yes!  Come in! Get yourself out of this nasty weather. She motioned for her to come in. She looked over to Lone. My name is Roz, I don't really have a spare bed, but a warm couch before the fire will have to do! Her offering of the couch was genuine.

You must be soaked to the bone.. I bet I have a set of clothes that you could wear. She said as she closed the door behind them. The wind and rain didn't seem to be letting up anytime soon. Make yourself at home. This is Lonestar, he was only just getting himself comfortable before we tucked in for the night, but company is always a welcome site. I will be right back. Get a towel and a change of clothes. By morning things will be looking better, I am sure.

She turned, leaving the two alone while she rummaged around for a set of clothes in their bedroom.

Lonestar

He turned as the door was opened wide to allow the visitor entrance. A dripping wet young lady came in and shared a few words with Roz before approaching the couch where he was sitting.

He stood as she came near Good evening, he said with a nod of his head, My name is Lonestar but, you can call me Lone. He caught himself doing the same flirting he usually did with Roz.

My it is a nasty evening out but we have a nice roaring fire here. He beckoned her to sit on the couch nearest the fireplace as to warm and dry herself all the faster. He could still hear Roz in th bedroom doing something. He turned to the young lady. What is your name my dear? he asked.

Kairi

Kairi entered the home noticing the warmth in the decore, nodding to Roz as she offers some clothing. She looks to teh man who had introduced himself as Lone, "My name is Kairi my truck broke down a few miles up the road, I'm really sorry for the intrusion." Ahe states in an appologetic manor bowing her head slightly. She removes her jacket to reveal a wet dark shirt with a gir logo on the front, the fabric cleanging to her breasts and distorting the image with the curvature of the large size. She kneels in front of the fire not wanting to soak the furnature, sticking her hands almost into the flame she rubbs raw redness out of them as feeling flows almost too quickly into them sending slight waves of pain through the tips. "Thank you guys very much I promis not to be a bother." she turns to him and looks upon his features relizing he is rather handsome and a little flirty. Feeling the slight rush of redness in her cheeks she turns back to the fire awaiting Roz's return.

Rozel

Finding what she needed she returned to the front room. The rain pelted down upon the cabins roof hard now. Here. these should fit. She said with a smile, and set the clothes upon the arm of the old couch.. You can change in the bedroom there.

She then crossed the room and lit a few lanterns. And no worries! We were just kinda here twiddling our thumbs. Lone's special idea of a Camping Week. She winked at Lone, knowing that she was joking around.  She chuckled a little. Hopefully in the morning things will look better.

Lonestar

He watched her sitting there. Her wet shirt clinging to all of the right spots. He thought he saw her looking at him too but wasn't sure. Roz returned right then and placed clean dry clothes on the arm of the couch.

I happen to like camping Roz he snuffed. Turning to Kairi he said Her idea of roughing it is going to the holiday inn  instead of the hilton. he tossed his head back and laughed.

It was true that Roz was not the country type gal like he was the country type guy but he loved her just the same. It was their differences that made their life together amazing and special in every way every day.

Have you been having vehicle trouble recently or is this break down something new? he asked Kairi.

Kairi

"Its something that has been a problem but I did some work on it at a friends shop and I thought I got the problem, yet more keep coming. I can't believe I didn't think about this sooner. I wouldn't have drove it out so early but I was trying to find my dog she jumped out a few miles back towards town, I was just getting ready to turn around too. Remmington is such a pain though she loves to chase the rabbits, I wanted to take her hunting around here so I was trying to get her a little familiar with the area. I guess she took it as more than just a small trip." She says looking out the window and then heading into the bedroom closing the door so she could change.

Lonestar

A dog? he asked, What kind of dog is Remmington anyways? he quizzed some more. Before she answered she had already gotten up and strolled to the back room with the dry clothes given her by Roz and closed the door.

He turned to Roz. What do you think? he said she seems genuine enough to have a likely story. He walked over to the ice box and grabbed out another soda. Do you want something to drink Roz he called back to her? He grabbed another soda and a bottle of water just in case.

He was on his way back to the sofa when there was another loud crash of thunder and bright flash of lightning making him jump a little.
I sure hope Remmington is okay in this storm?

Kairi

Kairi was in the back room pulling the top over her head and the lightning struck again she cringed slightly her heart racing. As she began to wonder where her little rottweiler blue heel-er mix had ended up she heard whining and scraping on a screen. she wasn't sure from where it was coming and abandoned the dry pants bolting out the door into the living room to try and see where the scratching was coming from. She glanced over the two and apologized before darting out side. Once out side she started running around the house and came upon the small dog, she was bleeding her paw gashed and torn. She quickly swooped the dog in her arms and ran to the porch setting her down and hollering to the couple. "Please do you guys have any bandaging or possible some stitching she's been hurt!" she said her breath short and her throat swelling as her eyes water.