[NCES] Exalted: Yu-Shan High

Started by kongming, May 09, 2013, 02:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jefepato

Subject to previous inquiries (Salary sure would be nice just to make this even more unreasonable), here's a draft of a much better character than that crappy Dawn Caste I posted upthread, and most certainly the best possible choice for the student council presidency!

(She's lucky the Unconquered Sun didn't nuke her with the Godspear the moment she walked into Yu-Shan, really.)

Character Sheet
Name: Jewelled Whisper
Caste: Fiend
Favored Yozi: Isidoros
Anima: A twisted nimbus of deep, shimmering green and purple, marred by the pitch-black silhouette of a mask with a lopsided grin
Unwoven Coadjutator: Firmin
Motivation: Experience the greatest pleasures in all the worlds.
Urge: Destabilize Yu-Shan High into a mess of ineffective activities and enjoyably pointless carousing (Isidorite).
Intimacies: Food (Politely Refined Gluttony), alcohol (Consuming Addiction), recreational drugs (Eagerness), sex (Joyous Indulgence), sleep (Relaxed Happiness), the student body of Yu-Shan High (Amused Affection), the Ebon Dragon (It's Complicated)

Attributes:
Strength 2(5)
Dexterity 5(9)
Stamina 5(8)
Charisma 5
Manipulation 6(7)
Appearance 6(7)
Perception 2
Intelligence 3
Wits 3

Abilities:
Archery
Martial Arts 1
Melee
Thrown 1
War

Integrity 1 (Ignoring Reasonable Points +3)
*Performance 5 (My Fellow Students... +3)
*Presence 5 (Against Best Interests +3)
*Resistance 5 (Recreational Substances +3)
Survival 1

Craft (Water) 1
Investigation 1
*Lore 5 (Passing Exams Without Studying +2)
Medicine 1 (Childbirth +1 - from tattoo)
*Occult 5 (Yozi Charms +3)

Athletics 1
Awareness 1
Dodge 1
Larceny 1
Stealth 1

*Bureaucracy 5 (Student Council +3)
*Linguistics 5 (Native: Low Realm; Riverspeak, High Realm, Old Realm, Forest-tongue, Skytongue)
*Ride 1
*Sail 1
*Socialize 5 (Lying +2) (Seduction +2 - from tattoo)

Backgrounds:
Artifact 5 (vitriol-tainted Crown of Thunders)
Artifact 3 (demon-ink tattoo - neomah)
Artifact 2 (skin mount amulet)
Backing 1 (Ebon Dragon)
Cult 5 (student council presidency; 2 dots free)
Influence 1 (progeny of the Ebon Dragon)
Influence 5 (student council president)
Manse 3 (fancy dorm room in the Tower of Titans - grants a crystal of legendary leadership)
Manse 3 (townhouse near Kimbery's shores - grants a stone of gender transformation)
Salary 3 (inexplicable scholarship con games)
Spies 5 (student council presidency)

Merits:
Carouser (2 pts)
Legendary Manipulation (3 pts)
Legendary Appearance (3 pts)

Flaws:
Vice (alcohol) (3 pts)

Virtues:
Compassion 1
Conviction 1 (3 for purposes of Limit gain)
Temperance 1
Valor 1

Limit: 0/10

Willpower: 10/10
HHT Willpower: 5/5

Essence: 5
Personal Motes: 25/25
Peripheral Motes: 32/42 (including 10 motes committed to Mind-Hand Manipulation and 6 gained from skin mount amulet, but not motes committed to artifacts)
Committed Motes: 23 (10 to Charms, 13 to artifacts)

Charms:
Malfeas:
Hardened Devil Body
By Pain Reforged
Scar-Writ Saga Shield x2

She Who Lives in Her Name:
Factual Determination Analysis
Essence-Dissecting Stare
Mind-Hand Manipulation

Ebon Dragon:
First Ebon Dragon Excellency
Effortless Ebon Dragon Dominance
Witness to Darkness
Hollow Heart Transcendance
Nemesis Self Imagined Anew
Soul Crack Exploitation
Wretched Vile Lies
Cracked Cell Circumvention
Brooding Resentment Defense
Bloodless Murk Evasion
Mocking Murmurs Retort

Isidoros:
Indomitable Hedonism Drive
Arousing Indelicate Passions
Cavorting Pig-Idol Influence
Quaffing the Green Ocean
Glorious Appetite Influence

Hegra:
Ecstatic Passion Kaleidoscope
Backstory and Flavor Text
Appearance:
Whisper is a devastatingly beautiful young woman, pale, slender, and dark-eyed.  She wears her black hair long or in a variety of styles, framing a delicate face and a pleasant smile.  Her clothing is usually expensive or at least fancy-looking, although it does tend to become disheveled by the end of the night.  Whisper's nails are always jet black, thanks to her coadjutor.  She tends to move with an easy, stylish grace and attempt to at least feign elegance, although her mannerisms can vary quite a bit as circumstances warrant.  She often (especially at official functions) sports a curious-looking and disturbingly familiar crown marked with a pair of upswept wings in green-flecked brass...

Background:
Jewelled Whisper (it's not her birth name, and she barely remembers what was) was born near the shores of the Blessed Isle.  She was a clever enough young lady, and her family thought to apprentice her to a local scribe, but as she grew she started to attract the wrong sort of attention.

When a brash young Terrestrial from House Cathak finally lost his patience and demanded her "service," Whisper saw her parents exchange a nervous glance...and her courage failed her entirely as she fled out the back door.  She surmised (correctly) that her family would bear the consequences if they couldn't bring her back for her would-be captor, but she couldn't stand the thought of going back.  Not even to spare them.

The girl's despair caught the attention of a certain firmin and its Infernal payload as she collapsed, sobbing, in a nearby forest.  Whisper's visit to Hell probably damaged her somehow, but the way she sees it, she's happier now anyway.

Even Whisper isn't really sure if the Ebon Dragon actually wanted her to attend Yu-Shan High, but she thought it would be a lot of fun (even if it reminded her a bit too much of the early education she'd failed to obtain).  In the years since, she became quite popular even though everyone should really know better than to trust her by now, and her ascent to the pinnacle of the Student Council was marked with a very special gift from the Ebon Dragon.

Whisper, predictably, spends a lot more time planning parties, helping to organize unproductive activities, and generally being a layabout than doing anything useful with her position.  In truth, she really could be worse; she's not much of a sadist at heart, and if someone can actually motivate her to defy her Torment she can be quite unexpectedly competent at her job.  Unfortunately, recovering from a bout of decency tends to lead her into even more ridiculous feats of overindulgence, because enough downtime to actually sober up and think about her life is not something she's prepared to face.

kongming

AndyZ: I'm fine with changing it to be about pleasure, yeah. Feel free to give the charms new names, and note what they're mirrors of.

Wheresmycow: sorry, that position has been filled (see: Jewelled Whisper)

Jefepato: I'll let non-Sidereals take Salary, but at double the cost. It's Heaven, so it's easier to get access to that kind of wealth than in Creation, but still, it's mostly reserved for Heaven's favourites and for those that are working here.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Jefepato

I'm not sure I'm following the Salary chart of how much Salary is worth in Heaven vs. Creation, compared to the sidebar saying that everything costs +2 Resources in Heaven if you only have Resources and not Salary.  Unless the point is less that "a sandwich costs more in Heaven" and more that "Heaven only has glorious divine sandwiches, which are clearly worth two orders of magnitude more cash than your puny mortal hoagie."

But by my math, it looks like on sheer mechanical numbers I can get Salary 3 very slightly cheaper than Resources 5.  Maybe Whisper Wretched Vile Lies'd someone in the financial aid office to convince them she was worth a hefty Ambrosia scholarship?  (It's certainly false enough!)

You'd think the Cult would help, but it's a little unclear; it seems prayers only turn into Ambrosia when they're targeted at a god, not an Exalt (even if the Exalt is in Yu-Shan at the time), I guess.

kongming

It's partly that mortal money is considered so unimportant compared to the useful, inherent value of Ambrosia, and partly that everything you find in Heaven is so incredibly amazing.

Yes, I imagine you can sucker the bureaucracy into giving you an Ambrosia salary, and by the time they realise they've been had it's too late.

For the record, this is what the establishment feels the new roles should be:

• Solars: to Lead, Teach and Guide the mortals
  • Lunars: to Protect the mortals, commanding nature and hunting the Wyld
  • Alchemicals: to build, repair, maintain and protect the world around them
  • Dragonblooded: special: no one overall task, they are the problem-solvers, each to handle one niche field and excel at it
  • Sidereals: to guide the fates and maintain the Loom and destinies, to provoke emotions and keep the wheels turning
  • Infernal: to provide opposition, to bring new ideas, to test and to change
  • Abyssal: to kill and destroy where necessary - ending lives, killing foes, destroying matter
I was going to go and do sublists for the individual Castes, but I decided it'd be better to just have the overarching roles, with individuals free to pursue them however their abilities allow... assuming they even decide to go with these plans.

And because I love writing up charts and involving bureaucracy in things (and had originally just put plans out for this to be a story-writing thing, not a game), I had written up the limits on physical punishment. I think I'll still keep it in there, just... many people forget them and don't bother looking at a list to see what they're technically allowed to do - they just do what they think is best and then maybe find out later that they overstepped the line or could have gone further. In other words, for those who have authority, don't feel compelled to stick to the list, nor to specifically count things out.
Punishment Chart!

S: Headmistress / Student Council President
A: Subschool Leader/Student Council Vice President
B: Dorm Captain/Student Council Member
C: Teacher/Staff/Disciplinary Committee Captain
D: Teacher Assistant/Student Teacher/Head Prefect
E: Dorm Monitor/Disciplinary Committee Member
F: Hall Monitor/Prefect
G: Students
X: Second-Class Students (Half-Caste, Worker/Warrior Mountainfolk, Spirits, Akuma)

You can use any or all of the options available, no need to choose just one.

Format is (number of strokes)/(maximum implement)/(level of clothing/body location)
If you are able to punish someone nude, you may double the strokes to make it simply the bare bottom.
If you can punish someone on the bare bottom, you may double the strokes to make it on the underwear.
Yes, that means nude -> underwear is x4. Yes, if they're only wearing a thong, that's unfortunate for them. Likewise if they're not wearing underwear to begin with.

Implement Equivalencies

Hand: can't use anything else
Ruler/Slipper/Gym Shoe can be downgraded to hand, limit of strokes tripled
Hairbrush/Wooden Spoon can be downgraded to ruler/slipper, limit of strokes doubled
Belt/strap can be downgraded to hairbrush/wooden spoon, limit of strokes multiplied by one and a half (round up)
Riding Crop/Tawse/Switch can be downgraded to belt/strap, limit of strokes multiplied by one and a half (round up)
Cane/Whip can be downgraded to riding crop/tawse/switch, limit of strokes doubled
Birch/Scourge can be downgraded to cane, limit of strokes multiplied by one and a half (round up)
If using an Artefact version of an implement, halve the strokes delivered

Example: if you're allowed to deal six with the birch, you could actually give 6*1.5=9 with the cane, or 9*2=18 with the crop, or 18*1.5=27 with the belt, or 27*1.5=41 with the hairbrush, or 41*2=82 with the ruler, or 82*3=246 by hand. If you're only allowed to give six with the hand, you can't upgrade that to two with the ruler.

Fucking I: may use penis, up to three fingers, regular sized toy, tongue or brush handle, in the vagina, or one finger in the anus, or receive oral sex from them
Fucking II: may use of the above in the anus, or an extra large, heated or spiked toy or entire fist in the vagina, or receive anal tonguing from them

G: can punish X:
10/hand/underwear
F can punish G:
10/ruler/underwear
F can punish X:
10/ruler/bare
E can punish F-G:
15/hairbrush/underwear
E can punish X:
15/hairbrush/bare
-Dorm Monitor may punish their own assigned dorm-mates of rank G on the bare (no reduction in strokes)
-Dorm Monitor may use fucking I on their own assigned dorm-mates of rank G
-Dorm Monitor: 3+ incidents in one week calls for the whole dorm room to be referred to Dorm Captain
-Disciplinary Committee Member: 3+ incidents in one week with the same person calls for both to be referred to the Disciplinary Committee Captain
D can punish E-G:
10/belt/bare
D can punish X:
12/belt/nude
-Teacher Assistant: 3+ incidents in one week with the same person calls for both to be referred to the assisted Teacher
-Student Teacher: 3+ incidents in one week with the same person (or 10+ for one class) calls for all to be referred to the Disciplinary Committee Captain
-Head Prefect: 3+ incidents in one month with the same person calls for all to be referred to the Subschool Leader
C can punish D:
10/crop/underwear (note: in the case of a teacher punishing their own teacher's aide, they can treat that aide as rank E)
C can punish E-G:
6/cane/bare
2/belt/anus
C can punish X:
8/cane/nude
4/crop/anus
10/hand/crotch
-Teacher/Staff: 3+ incidents in one week with the same person (or 10+ for one class) calls for all to be referred to Subschool Leader
B can punish C-G:
6/cane/nude
4/belt/anus
6/belt/crotch
fucking I
B can punish X:
10/cane/nude
2/cane/anus
8/crop/crotch
fucking II
-Dorm Monitor: 3+ incidents in one term with the same person calls for all to be referred to Subschool Leader
A can punish B:
12/cane/bare
6/crop/anus
10/crop/crotch
fucking I
A can punish C-G:
15/cane/nude
6/cane/anus
15/crop/crotch
fucking II
A can punish X:
18/cane/nude
8/cane/anus
18/crop/crotch
fucking II
-Subschool Leader: 3+ incidents in one year with the same person calls for all to be referred to Headmistress
S can punish anyone:
50/birch/nude
10/birch/anus
10/birch/crotch
fucking II

Special: by Student Council Vote (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, General Affairs, Discipline Committee Captain), limits can be put aside for a Level S Public Punishment

Yes, the school has rules in place for how you can fuck someone as a punishment. As I said, I don't want players to feel constrained by it, it was originally to set guidelines/limits when it was to be a story, and I felt it'd be a shame not to share the thought I put into this.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

AndyZ

Jefepato, think of the reason more as that Ambrosia and Quintessence can be converted into whatever else people want.  To use a Star Trek analogy, gold is pretty useless to the Ferengi because they have replicators and can just make whatever.  They value latinum because it can't be replicated.  (Ambrosia is limited so it's not a perfect comparison, but I think this helps it make sense.)

Thus, something extremely beautiful in Creation and unimaginably expensive at Resources 5, if you try to pawn it off in Yu Shan, they'll look it over, and somebody will consider it worth their Resources 3.  As they put it, Resources of Creation are unimpressive gewgaws to the gods.

You can also think of it how, in many third world countries on Earth, about a quarter can buy you lots and lots of stuff.  Then reverse that and imagine how much of their money you'd need in order to get even a quarter of American money.

I hope that helps.

(Kongming beat me to a post, but I figured I'd put this up anyway.)

Kongming, according to the Core, the DBs were made specifically to be foot soldiers in the Primordial War.  They tend to excel at niche tasks, and that's exactly where I'd put them: handling issues which take too much time and narrow focus for the Celestial Exalts to focus upon.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

kongming

That sounds good to me, edited it to have that.

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

I wish student government had this kind of authority back when I was IRL class president.  (Not really.  No one would have been dumb enough to elect me to a position with any actual power over other students.)

I'll see about a few choice edits to Whisper once I've finished some errands.

AndyZ

Does the cheerleader changing room have to be only a one dot manse?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

kongming

No, that's just the minimum. You can in fact make it as powerful a manse as you like (and needless to say, you get the hearthstone).

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

I was going to ask what kind of "implement" Mind-Hand Manipulation counts as for punishment, but I guess the telekinetic force can take many shapes.  (Feel free to read that sentence in the most ominous tone of voice you can imagine.)

By the way, kongming, do you have any opinions on the topic of acquiring backgrounds with XP in play?  It occurs to me that a second manse might be of use someday and I'm not sure I can scare up the points for it just yet.

EDIT: Some minor changes made to Whisper.  I'd like to get Loom-Snarling Deception just for sheer comedy value, but that can wait.

Anon315

I'm thinking I'll be a third year Sidereal Serenity Caste, both the Treasurer of the Student Council, and more secretly the supplier of... well... whatever a student might find a need for. Somewhat modeled after that guy from Ouran. In fact in the spirit of Sidereals, he makes a perfect candidate. He brings pleasure to the student body, and he'd probably also be involved in a number of extracurriculars.

No burn-out is this, after all he can spend motes to improve the performances of those around him. Perhaps he might attempt something like being a cheerleading team manager, though of course his motives there are nothing short of perverse. Spying? As if. Essence looking glasses? Oh well maybe. The girls think they're looking at themselves in a mirror, little do they know I'm also looking at them in that mirror. I do hope I'm not overreaching with this concept.

Re Z L

This looks pretty interesting...

I'll have to see what I can put together  ;D  might take a little time to narrow it down

My idea(s) revolve primarily around martial arts, either as a high-year student or a teacher (gym/martial arts) taking as much as I can out of Sapphire Veil of Passion Style and a handful of some other styles  ;D

The teacher would probably be a Sidereal Chosen of Serenity, whereas the student I'm thinking would be a Solar of undecided caste (perhaps subjected to the Joy in Ownership charm of the actual Martial Arts instructor, to whom she serves as a teacher's aide).
A&A

Trilogy

I'm interested! Always wanted to play Exalted, I know way too much about the setting for someone who's never gotten to play.

Probably going to make a Changing Moon Lunar... maybe president of the Drama Club? I'll try and whip something up this weekend, if thats okay.

AndyZ

Are 4th and 5th points of a background still double?

Also: would you be okay with combining artifacts?  The usual trick is that you can combine a 2-dot and a 1-dot into a 3-dot, or a 3-dot and a 2-dot into a 4-dot, or a 4-dot and a 2-dot into a 5-dot.  I can explain how I got to those numbers if you want.

Anon, since I'll be playing head cheerleader, I'll warn you that my char won't much appreciate peeking at the girls without their consent.  Not that she'll necessarily catch you, but Nights often do...

...of course, if they know you're peeking and are okay with it, that's quite different...

kongming

Jefe: yep, pretty much depends on the form it takes. As for grabbing Backgrounds during play, I'm fine with that - both by the "spend XP" method and as specific rewards for doing stuff in-game.

Anon: sounds good to me, but note what Andy said.

Re Z L: either one of those could work just fine!

Trilogy: sure thing

Andy: yes, those dots are still double, and I'm fine with combining effects like that.

Ons/Offs:

Anon315

Quote from: AndyZ on May 10, 2013, 08:18:31 PM
...of course, if they know you're peeking and are okay with it, that's quite different...

Quote from: kongming on May 10, 2013, 08:55:03 PM
Anon: sounds good to me, but note what Andy said.

Oh entirely. I would never do something like that without consulting the head cheerleader first. That would be an immense invasion of their privacy. *practices the ever so subtle art of mind manipulation*

avorae

Assuming real life doesn't decide to rear it's ugly head again I would love to join this game. My question is what rules if any apply to a half caste?
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

AndyZ

I'm not sure who Ouran is, but I can guess that he's like the guy in prison who can get you anything.  High Schools can absolutely use one of those also, and most likely an extra shower room will have to be set up with a two-way mirror on the wall.

Of course, extras are extras, and if you can beat them down with social combat so they want to, she's not going to have much issue.

ReijiTabibito

After reading this, I'm getting a strong sense of the Persona games...highschool hijinks combined with fighting really ugly monsters.

Kongming?  Are there still spots open?  Anything I should try and avoid?

kongming

Ouran Host Club is an anime, and one of the guys there has ALL THE MONEY (they're all rich, but this guy is the treasurer of the club, and ends up able to buy a multinational corporation just from the income of the club). If you need it... he can get it.

Half-Caste: given I specifically said they're playable, you'd think I'd remember to include the info on them. Derp.
Okay, Attributes are 6/5/4 as normal (special: Lunar Half-Castes can pick a Favoured Ability and put a free dot into that)
You get 25 dots of Abilities rather than 22, but if you're a Solar, Abyssal, Sidereal or Infernal Half-Caste, you get the full five Favoured Abilities, and one free dot in each. 4 dots in Specialties.
Backgrounds are sort of as normal - 6 (plus those from Patron), and depending on ancestry you can get various Caste-specific ones.
However, you start with 5 dots to place between Inheritance and Patron for free, and can still purchase them up.
You are able to shape and utilise Charms (as per Awakened Essence), and begin with one Excellency and Ox Body Technique for free, and one other. The rest have to be purchased as normal.
Virtues are as normal.
Essence flat-out starts at 2, Willpower at 5. These can be raised as normal.
21 Bonus Points are provided, plus those from Inheritance

This way, such a character can easily begin as a first year with a lot of dots in basic attributes and abilities, but still not wield colossal power... and can still be "handled" by just about anyone.

Reiji: I've only played a little of the Persona games (but enjoyed what little I did play). That said, yes, there are spots open. For things to avoid, I would just suggest "not taking a position that's already taken" (SC Treasurer, SC President, Cheerleading Captain). Likewise, go for year level/rank based on how much you wish to dominate others/be dominated by others.

Ons/Offs:

avorae

alright then I will come up with a concept and character ASAP.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Jefepato

By the way, kongming, are there any guidelines about what kind of infractions people can actually be punished for?

And on a presumably related note...are the various 3+ incident referrals there to ensure that low-ranking students who repeatedly misbehave end up facing higher-level judgment for their crimes, or are they actually meant to protect them from being repeatedly singled out for abuse?

kongming

Quote from: Jefepato on May 10, 2013, 11:23:25 PM
By the way, kongming, are there any guidelines about what kind of infractions people can actually be punished for?

I should do such a thing. After all, so many more charts!

QuoteAnd on a presumably related note...are the various 3+ incident referrals there to ensure that low-ranking students who repeatedly misbehave end up facing higher-level judgment for their crimes, or are they actually meant to protect them from being repeatedly singled out for abuse?

Both, actually. If a student keeps giving a teacher trouble, then eventually it does escalate (and also the higher-ups can look at the situation and see if the teacher is also not doing their job well/if something else is necessary), but by the same token if a teacher keeps picking on the same student too much, it will come to light.

Ons/Offs:

kongming

Right, here we have the lists of offences:
Dorm Room Offences

OversleepingE+ is exempt; minor
Keeping an untidy areaB+ is exempt; minor
Interfering with someone else's area/bed/belongingsE+ is exempt; minor
Sneaking out after darkC+ is exempt; moderate
Accepting guests after darkB+ is exempt; moderate
Maintaining a noisy environment after darkB+ is exempt; minor
Damaging the roomA+ is exempt; serious
Taking too long in the bathsD+ is exempt; minor
Altering the flow of time to get around the aboveDire
Relocating the room to another planeDire
Hallway Offences

Running in the corridorE+ is exempt; minor
LoiteringE+ is exempt; minor
Obstructing movementE+ is exempt; minor
Remapping the corridor to another destinationDire
Classroom Offences

Disobeying instructionsC+ is exempt; moderate
Disrupting class or disturbing othersC+ is exempt; moderate
Failing to keep the room tidy   C+ is exempt; minor
Damaging the roomA+ is exempt; serious
Relocating the room to another planeDire
Scholastic Offences

CheatingSerious
Sabotaging the work of anotherA+ is exempt; major
Not doing homeworkB+ is exempt; minor
Failing a minor testD+ is exempt; minor
Failing a major testB+ is exempt; moderate
Failing with a large assignmentB+ is exempt; moderate
Not doing a large assignmentA+ is exempt; serious
Not paying attentionC+ is exempt; minor
Helping others cheatA+ is exempt; serious
TardinessC+ is exempt; minor
TruancyB+ is exempt; minor
Reworking your fate to not have to attend/do workDire
General Offences

Littering   D+ is exempt; minor
VandalismB+ is exempt; moderate
Unsolicited fighting (serious)C+ is exempt; major
Causing too much noise or disruption for the situationD+ is exempt; minor
BullyingA+ is exempt; major
Undermining authorityModerate
Abuse of authority   Serious
Failing those under your duty of careSerious
Disrespecting your superiors   Minor
Smuggling illicit things into campusC+ is exempt; moderate
Consuming, possessing or distributing illicit drugsC+ is exempt; minor
Encouraging serious fightsC+ is exempt; moderate
Leaving school without a permitD+ is exempt; moderate
StealingD+ is exempt; moderate
Inconveniencing the Essence 5+ Gods of Yu-ShanA+ is exempt; serious
Treason/Inciting RebellionDire

Where "_+ is exempt", that means anyone of rank _ or better can ignore that - they're allowed to do that (though in some cases, they need a reason).
As for what Minor, Moderate, Serious, Major and Dire punishments entail, that is left to the discretion of the one doing the punishing, but of course they could be reported for bullying should their discretion be rather poor. A Dire offence always requires the attention of the headmistress or student council, and can involve the Level S Public punishments. A Major punishment should always be bare or nude, and it is strongly recommended that extras (such as fucking or spankings to other locations) be utilised (when available to the one performing the punishment). By contrast, a Minor punishment should never involve such, nor involve a particularly painful implement - either limit it to something like the slipper or hairbrush on the underwear, or the hand on the bare bottom. Moderate allows for more leeway, and Serious is that grey area where you could treat it as the upper end of Moderate or the lighter end of Major, depending on your mood.

On Dorms: each level of the tower has multiple dorms, as well as one or more bathrooms (as in, rooms for bathing - lavatories are separate). The bathrooms are communal affairs, but they have hot water by binding fire/steam elementals. Each dorm room has space for five people - each gets a bed, desk, chair, and small set of drawers. The bed has more storage space below it. There's also a small storage cupboard, typically for cleaning equipment or locking captives.

Ons/Offs:

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: kongming on May 10, 2013, 09:55:53 PM
Reiji: I've only played a little of the Persona games (but enjoyed what little I did play). That said, yes, there are spots open. For things to avoid, I would just suggest "not taking a position that's already taken" (SC Treasurer, SC President, Cheerleading Captain). Likewise, go for year level/rank based on how much you wish to dominate others/be dominated by others.

So noted.  Is there anything you happen to be looking for right now?