The Avengers Academy (Marvel Freeform) [Recruiting]

Started by Totoro, May 06, 2019, 07:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voodooprince

Do you have a peter parker? I have always enjoyed rping as spider-man! Huge fan of the marvel universe, both comic and otherwise, sign me up if you have the availability

Totoro

Quote from: Gannameade on May 08, 2019, 11:03:47 AM
If you don't find a Cloak let me know.

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on May 08, 2019, 01:08:30 PM
I can play Cloak and or Iron Man I wouldn't mind trying my hand at Cloak.

On Cloak it's really up to syncing with Life in Color as she's got Dagger's CS in. If you want to play Cloak the best option is to PM her.

Norse RE: Iron Man, you already have Daredevil as an instructor and Iron Man definitely needs to be one. But if I open things up and still lack and Iron Man I will let you know.

Quote from: Mellific on May 08, 2019, 02:14:26 PM
Can I please claim Jane Levy as the FC for Mary Jane?

Done!

Quote from: voodooprince on May 08, 2019, 02:25:08 PM
Do you have a peter parker? I have always enjoyed rping as spider-man! Huge fan of the marvel universe, both comic and otherwise, sign me up if you have the availability

Unfortunately someone else has claimed Spiderman, presumably a Peter Parker take on the character. Apologies!

voodooprince

Quote from: Sun Wukong on May 08, 2019, 02:59:51 PM
Unfortunately someone else has claimed Spiderman, presumably a Peter Parker take on the character. Apologies!

Who is available still then?

Totoro

Quote from: voodooprince on May 08, 2019, 03:03:30 PM
Who is available still then?

The first post should be mostly up to date now. Parker had only recently been taken and I'd been too busy to update it until just now.

voodooprince

Quote from: Sun Wukong on May 08, 2019, 03:07:53 PM
The first post should be mostly up to date now. Parker had only recently been taken and I'd been too busy to update it until just now.
Sweet that works! Get back with you

Totoro

Quote from: voodooprince on May 08, 2019, 03:11:22 PM
Sweet that works! Get back with you

Cool, no rush. Other takes on Spidey like Miles Morales are an option.

Rave

Okay, I'll totally bite.

For now, pencil me in for Storm-- but the younger version from the most recent X-Men movies, so she'd be a new recruit still.

Alexandra Shipp for the FC!

Totoro

Quote from: Rave on May 08, 2019, 05:11:05 PM
Okay, I'll totally bite.

For now, pencil me in for Storm-- but the younger version from the most recent X-Men movies, so she'd be a new recruit still.

Alexandra Shipp for the FC!

Done!

Norsegod1839

If you need an Iron Man let me know! I'll get with Life With Color about the other!

Totoro

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on May 08, 2019, 05:39:57 PM
If you need an Iron Man let me know! I'll get with Life With Color about the other!

Will do. I want to see how things look when recruitment somewhat settles before I make my mind up about potentially letting people have more than one instructor.

Daelen

Consider me interested, but I have a question:

I have ideas for a Spider-Man inspired character that is still an OC. Taking inspiration from an actual suit he wore, I want to play a character named Iron Spider. A little bit Spider-Man, a little bit Iron Man, all new personality. Would that be doable, or is it too similiar to existing characters to work?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!

"This is Life. The struggle is what reminds us to draw breath."

Totoro

Quote from: Daelen on May 13, 2019, 04:57:54 AM

I have ideas for a Spider-Man inspired character that is still an OC. Taking inspiration from an actual suit he wore, I want to play a character named Iron Spider. A little bit Spider-Man, a little bit Iron Man, all new personality. Would that be doable, or is it too similiar to existing characters to work?

Realistically probably too similar to Peter/Tony. It's hard to say without seeing the powers but if it's based on the Iron Spider suit then it cuts off potential for Peter to wear it. It would probably been a bit of a spin and altered visuals to really try and pull it away from being just Peter as Iron Spider but not Peter. Apologies!

Daelen

No need for apologies. I'm still considering things, might join as one of the remaining canon characters if something strikes my fancy!

indarkestknight

Quote from: Daelen on May 13, 2019, 04:57:54 AM

Worth noting that the Iron Spider suit has been worn by a couple characters other than Peter in various media. While MJ is already a taken character and Aaron Davis, Miles Morales' uncle, is off the table due to being a supervillain, there are still a couple candidates.

One option is one of the clones of Michael Van Patrick, alias MVP, a member of the post-Civil War Initiative. Three clones were made of him, all wearing Iron Spider suits.

The other likely candidate is Amadeus Cho, alias Mastermind Excello, the Totally Awesome Hulk, and Brawn. While he never piloted the Iron Spider armor in comics canon, he took on the mantle of Iron Spider in the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon.

Totoro

Quote from: indarkestknight on May 13, 2019, 10:21:51 PM
Worth noting that the Iron Spider suit has been worn by a couple characters other than Peter in various media. While MJ is already a taken character and Aaron Davis, Miles Morales' uncle, is off the table due to being a supervillain, there are still a couple candidates.

One option is one of the clones of Michael Van Patrick, alias MVP, a member of the post-Civil War Initiative. Three clones were made of him, all wearing Iron Spider suits.

The other likely candidate is Amadeus Cho, alias Mastermind Excello, the Totally Awesome Hulk, and Brawn. While he never piloted the Iron Spider armor in comics canon, he took on the mantle of Iron Spider in the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon.

It's somewhat more the reality of their similarities to Peter/Tony in a group game than their workability as an actual concept. Amadeus Cho would definitely make it more unique and different since he's a very different person to Peter/Tony. I can't say I know much about MVP though.

I would have to discuss it with our resident web-slinger. But there's quite a lot still open and space for OC's too.

Life in Color

Quote from: indarkestknight on May 13, 2019, 10:21:51 PM

Ohi, you.

<3

Daelen

Changed my mind on doing the OC. Currently working on a Gambit character sheet.

Totoro

Quote from: Daelen on May 15, 2019, 05:39:01 PM

I'll reserve him.

Life in Color

Quote from: Daelen on May 15, 2019, 05:39:01 PM

Darkest and I are doing Cloak & Dagger a la the Freeform show, so if the ages match up... we might be Bayou Buddies, or acquaintances!

InnocentSynn

*pokes head in*  I think I may have an idea in mind for this. 

CurvyKitten

Planting my interest flag, musing over a beat girl idea and a Ice power woman (Like Iceman). Reserving Katti Colour, and Summer Glau.

Kyra tg

So. Could I maybe take a spider-woman similar to the earth 1610 version of ultimate spider-woman - Jessica Drew a female clone of spider-man? I presume spider man Peter Parker will be in his mid or early twenties. I was thinking of a younger version of Peter Parker’s mind of 18 years. High school senior. Recently grown. A new hero struggling to redefine herself with out dated memories and limited hero experience. She’d have a fresh memory of uncle Ben’s death haunting her. I seriously hate the Jackel clone saga but this interests me.

Totoro

Quote from: InnocentSynn on May 15, 2019, 10:48:13 PM
*pokes head in*  I think I may have an idea in mind for this.

Heya. Been a while. Feel free to hit me up.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 16, 2019, 03:45:37 AM
Planting my interest flag, musing over a beat girl idea and a Ice power woman (Like Iceman). Reserving Katti Colour, and Summer Glau.

Done. Would love to have you in the game!

Quote from: Kyra tg on May 16, 2019, 06:48:29 AM
So. Could I maybe take a spider-woman similar to the earth 1610 version of ultimate spider-woman - Jessica Drew a female clone of spider-man? I presume spider man Peter Parker will be in his mid or early twenties. I was thinking of a younger version of Peter Parker’s mind of 18 years. High school senior. Recently grown. A new hero struggling to redefine herself with out dated memories and limited hero experience. She’d have a fresh memory of uncle Ben’s death haunting her. I seriously hate the Jackel clone saga but this interests me.

I'll have a chat with our Peter player and figure out where I and he stand on it.

Kyra tg

indarkestknight

Quote from: Life in Color on May 15, 2019, 07:09:47 PM
Darkest and I are doing Cloak & Dagger a la the Freeform show, so if the ages match up... we might be Bayou Buddies, or acquaintances!

Might end up Tandy’s favorite teacher even if they aren’t the same age. Thicck as thieves.