Douma's Musings - M/F - Vampires, Werewolves, and... a Gargoyle? [MUL]

Started by Douma, February 16, 2009, 04:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douma

The Lost
This is no fairy tale. Forget everything you know about Peter Pan and his Lost Boys. These are no innocently playful children, but creatures that defy all sense of what the average person would consider to be 'normal'. They are the outcasts, the misfits, the beings that incite terror with merely their presence. By some cruel design or happenstance, these are vampires that had something go horribly wrong with their conversion, twisting their physical forms to varying degrees. Although shunned by their more appealing kindred, one of them became their leader - a rebellious young vampire who, through his own defiant actions, became exiled himself.

Not only do Pan and his Boys have to contend with the attempts of their own kind to bring them to heel, the brief sightings of monsters in the city have brought to life a sect of humans that seek to hunt down and destroy the creatures that are considered a threat to humans. Captain James Hook - a former Marine - has whipped up the small group into a frenzy, and venture out to hunt and destroy anything inhuman with a fanatical, ruthless fervor.

While there are a few living in the city that think themselves aware of what the night truly holds, there are countless others who live on, oblivious to the struggle that takes place in the shadows. The Darling family is one of those. Wendy(call me Angela) has managed to keep her family supported, despite the death of her parents just when she graduated high school. In that instant, she became the one to take care of her two brothers, and plunged herself into the role and responsibilities without looking back, sacrificing her own life and dreams in the process. She raised her brothers for those years until they were able to set off on their own, and with John married, only Michael is left. Wendy works tirelessly to keep her youngest brother in college, determined that her brothers have every opportunity available to them. Michael's graduation is coming up, however, and soon she will be left to her own devices...

Who is truly lost? Is it those that have been made outcast simply for being different, who seek to exist in a way of their own choosing? Or is it the woman that has never been able to live a life for herself? A chance meeting will bring the day and night together, but will it all turn into nothing more than a nightmare?

• Horror and Contemporary Paranormal. This should be a very dark setting - gritty and vicious at times. Not for the squeamish in regards to sporadic violent content. (Not sexual violence, though that could get rough.)
  • No, there is no Tinker Bell. I wasn't sure how to incorporate a fairy into this, so I just left her out completely. No loss, in my opinion.
  • Looking for someone to guide this story, not merely act out a character within it. I'll do a bit of collaboration in the initial development, but otherwise, I'd just like to play out Wendy(Angela) and see how this story unfolds.

The Wolfcatcher
Aolani has a natural affinity for canines, but just how deep does that attraction run? Working as an animal control officer for her town's shelter, she's had ample opportunities to display the uncanny ability she has to handle any dog... until now.

Showing up to work early one morning, she does her usual round of visits to the kennels, only to find one of them occupied by something that wasn't canine at all. There was a naked man in one of the kennels.

• Modern day setting. Heavy on character interaction. None of my stories will ever be about nothing more than sex.
  • Obviously, the man will be a werewolf. What flavor? I'm flexible. Also, just how he happened to get caught is up for discussion.
  • I'd like for there to be some story arc here. Perhaps the werewolf is working as a private investigator, and could use her ties to the local police force to assist him somehow.

Update (04/24/09) - Story in progress...

Character Needs a Plot!

Name: Ayr

Description: A figure of living mercury, this creature stands at an even six feet, faintly muscular and lithe. Nearly every inch of her smooth, hairless and unblemished skin is a semi-reflective silver, which can catch even the sparsest of light. That skin is remarkably durable despite its petal-soft texture, and even the normal cut of an edged tool has difficulty breaking through. The bat-like wings, which are often folded about her shoulders like a cloak, are fairly large, but proportionate to her size, and when she extends them to their full span, a faint amount of light passes through the delicate membranes. They easily span over fourteen feet, and are obviously very flexible.

Her delicate, elegant facial features are mostly humanoid, but her eyes lack pupils, or irises. Rather, they are a pair of solid silver orbs, and as such, it's very difficult to tell just what she is looking at, and is often mistaken for blindness when in fact she has very keen vision. Hidden behind her lips, is a set of catlike fangs, on the top and bottom row of ivory teeth. She has two wide, thick horns that sweep back over her head, protruding from the corners of her forehead, and curving upwards faintly at the tips. Her ears are pointed, but have no ridges along the inside area and are scalloped along the outermost edge. The right ear is pierced twice towards the top with small, blackened metal loops, and the left holds one more loop. Her thick, straight hair is arranged into a multitude of very thin braids, the ends swinging about her waist as she moves.

Her frame is athletic, toned muscles dimly rippling under her skin, only hinting at her true strength. Her hands only have four digits, each tipped with thick, powerful claws which are kept sharp and well-groomed. Literally walking on her toes, the wide feet have only three taloned digits, and they all touch the ground, but the heel angles back to a point almost a full foot off the ground. Jutting out from the bottom of each knee at a sharp upward angle are strange, thorn-like protrusions, as if they added extra protection for the joints. Similar aspects are on her elbows, as well. Her limbs are unusual, in that they have locking joints and impact padding all the way into her spine. This enables her to shove her claws through stone and even some layers of metal. A smooth, untextured or otherwise adorned tail hangs down behind her, easily as long as she is tall as it begins thick at the base, and slowly tapers down to a fine point at the tip. The extra limb is obviously very dexterous and prehensile.

Clothing is naturally difficult to fit, so rarely altered. A halter top to avoid the problem of wings, short and cut off to expose a strip of skin around her taut midriff, and a pair of soft pants with lacings up the outer sides. They end just above her knee, of course, and bear a hole in the back large enough for the additional extra appendage of her tail. Her feet are always bare.

Example Pictures (Not Accurate, but Representations):

Personality and Quirks: In a word, Ayr is a hedonist. She craves unknown experiences, and goes out of her way at times to seek little pleasures that the world can give her. It gives her an innocent, childlike aspect that truly isn't far off the mark, yet she can be wise and worldly in the next moment. Generally, however, she's very quiet, and likes to observe others, listening and learning if not experiencing it for herself. An impish quality gives her a love of laughter, and a playful nature, but it rarely shows to the general public. She's slow to trust, but fiercely loyal and protective when it's earned. She has a sense of justice, but she isn't the naive kind.

Mercurial, her moods can change fairly quickly, but she’s never obtrusive or flashy, despite her physical coloring. Can be very feral if provoked or the situation calls for it. Her vocal range is inhumanly broad, and she can even mimic sounds or other people’s voices, right down to accents and inflections. She sometimes does so for amusement, but most often she can be found singing wordless, haunting songs or humming in her naturally lilting voice. Her manner of speaking lacks any contractions, and she is quite intelligent with a curious mind. She thrives in and loves the cold, but has a severe physical aversion to heat that often leaves her lethargic or comatose, since her body temperature runs higher than an average human.

Notes: I have no idea where to place this character, but I would very much like to play her. I can see her in anything from contemporary to fantasy. If you have an idea, please let me know.

Questions? Interested? Let me know! I sometimes forget to check the forums, but I always remember to check my email and I'll have notices on.
“Choose silence of all virtues, for by it you hear other men's imperfections, and conceal your own.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

Ons and Offs ~ Musings ~ Dreams

Douma

“Choose silence of all virtues, for by it you hear other men's imperfections, and conceal your own.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

johntfs

I'd be interested in storys two and three, especially two.

One dynamic I've wanted to explore is that of the reluctant master, the master who doesn't want to be dominant, but wants the "slave" to be free to make her own choices.  And what happens when that slave either won't or can't do that?

You might consider post your number one idea in the "group roleplay" session if you haven't already.  What with Wendy, Wendy's siblings, Peter, Hook, the other vampires and the other Marines, you've got the possibility of a really interesting group dynamic.

Douma

Quote from: johntfs on February 19, 2009, 06:19:22 PM
I'd be interested in storys two and three, especially two.

One dynamic I've wanted to explore is that of the reluctant master, the master who doesn't want to be dominant, but wants the "slave" to be free to make her own choices.  And what happens when that slave either won't or can't do that?

I like this idea. I think I've started to attempt a dynamic like that, but the other player had issues and could no longer continue. Your take might even be different. Good luck on your approval!

Quote from: johntfs on February 19, 2009, 06:19:22 PMYou might consider post your number one idea in the "group roleplay" session if you haven't already.  What with Wendy, Wendy's siblings, Peter, Hook, the other vampires and the other Marines, you've got the possibility of a really interesting group dynamic.

Considered it, and then instantly discarded it. I'm not interested in group sessions, because there are too many things that can go wrong. First and foremost being having to wait on more than one other person to post. I've had one-on-one games go south due to that, so I can only imagine what it would be like to wrangle multiple people into consistent posting rates. NPCs won't bail on you or cause a myriad of other OOC problems.

Don't get me wrong - I'm aware that it can happen in one-on-one games, as I said. However, it's much easier to pick up and move on from that kind of game than it is from a group game. I can even recycle a one-on-one game much more fluidly if I don't feel as if I got enough out of it when it died.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

johntfs

QuoteI like this idea. I think I've started to attempt a dynamic like that, but the other player had issues and could no longer continue. Your take might even be different. Good luck on your approval!

Thanks.  I hope I get in soon.  I'd really like to start playing in the deep end soon.  Would you like a preliminary look at the character I'd play?  Obviously I can't send him to you in PMs yet as I haven't been approved.

Douma

Quote from: johntfs on February 20, 2009, 12:04:31 AM
Thanks.  I hope I get in soon.  I'd really like to start playing in the deep end soon.  Would you like a preliminary look at the character I'd play?  Obviously I can't send him to you in PMs yet as I haven't been approved.

Wait until you're approved. I like to keep all of my information regarding games in some kind of easy-access fashion, and PMs can do that for me. It shouldn't take too long - I know mine was barely a day.

johntfs

They did say it'd probably take several days.  I guess I just want to get started as soon as possible.

Douma

Douma