Star Wars: Death of the Force (Interest check)

Started by TheRedFear, January 04, 2012, 09:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmorty33

Well for 1 and 2 yes deffinatley down, but for 3 I would be put off by it (Had a bad experience once and I haven't done one ever since) but if someone would be willing to assist then I guess I wouldnt mind it.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

SinXAzgard21

I don't mind system but I don't like the "illusion" of freeform.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

TheRedFear

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 14, 2012, 02:03:59 AM
I don't mind system but I don't like the "illusion" of freeform.

Well that's more for people like jmorty who dislike system-based play. I've been in games on RPOL where sometimes the GM handles the dice actions "behind the scenes" and frees players who dislike that aspect of play to focus on their RP. I'm sure something similar can be done on Elliquiy.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, you could do that. Anyways I am not against the system but I can play freeform so long no one god modes and you can talk with people reasonably about the actions in combat/action scene.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: TheRedFear on January 14, 2012, 02:23:04 AM
Well that's more for people like jmorty who dislike system-based play. I've been in games on RPOL where sometimes the GM handles the dice actions "behind the scenes" and frees players who dislike that aspect of play to focus on their RP. I'm sure something similar can be done on Elliquiy.

If it works, I've strayed away from it for the most part... I can give it a shot if this needs to be a system based game... It would keep it from being messy.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

TheRedFear

I just found a bunch of D6 books online for free(Legally free no less! Apparenty the developer made the non-liscenced books publicly available after the company went out of business.)

http://criticalpressmedia.com/publications/open-d6/

I still like Unisystem better, but if we do end up using a system it'll probably be D6 for the simple fact that anyone with internet can access and learn it. I'm still a bit undecided on the matter though...i'm sort of leaning toward a System/Freeform hybrid. Like most of the time we'll resolve things freeform but for major Player Vs Player fights(where the players in question can't agree to a resolution of the fight OOC), or situations where the possibility of failure will heighten the drama of the moment we can switch over to the System

It'd help if someone has the actual Star Wars D6 rules.

Jmorty33

I like the hybrid idea. That would work with me, that's really was the only reason why I ever tried a system. I hated trying to do fights in freeform, everyone wants to win so fights never end until one suddenly decides to end it.

TheRedFear

Alright, for those still interested i'm gonna try to get us started some time this week. Havn't really had time to learn D6 yet, but if a situation requiring a fight to be resolved with Dice comes up, we'll improvise something.

Anyone know offhand whether this should go in big groups or small? Is there a particular number of players we gotta have that determines which category we belong to?

In the meantime go ahead and post your character ideas here. Feel free to help each other out, and collaborate. Any questions?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I am kind of busy atm so I may not join this game now at this moment of time (also would need study the d6 system to make char in first place).

TheRedFear

Actually thinking we're gonna scrap the D6 and just go freeform. Still can't find time to learn it myself and i dont see that changing anytime soon with college having started.

I don't want D6 to be a reason people pass us over. If people can't agree on the outcome of a fight we'll improvise something. I'll come up with a character creation guideline to establish what powers/skills/gear PCs have and if we introduce any kind of system later we'll use that as a guideline.

Karasu

I have a character that I could perhaps use in here. She's a shop owner, gifted for her age but rarely uses her only known force move (force push) Her andher force-sensitive companion could perhaps work for the Kai to eliminate the Sith who murdered her family, and the Jedi taht abandoned her father. If you allow I cold give you the character sheet I have and twink it to fit any system ya like XD

Her thing is she does Ships and Weapons. For the right people she will make Cortosis weave, the right person just has to know the password for it.
Removed, due to vandalism.

TheRedFear

Quote from: Karasu on January 25, 2012, 07:57:34 AM
I have a character that I could perhaps use in here. She's a shop owner, gifted for her age but rarely uses her only known force move (force push) Her andher force-sensitive companion could perhaps work for the Kai to eliminate the Sith who murdered her family, and the Jedi taht abandoned her father. If you allow I cold give you the character sheet I have and twink it to fit any system ya like XD

Her thing is she does Ships and Weapons. For the right people she will make Cortosis weave, the right person just has to know the password for it.

Lol when you PM'd me it was for the Star TREK thread. Did you want to join both, or did you mean to say Star WARS?

Karasu

I PMed you for Star trek, but I wish to join both. For Starwars one moment and I shall post her character sheet here if you like.

Karasu

NAME: Hannah Ni'Kora [Adopted the name Ali'Hannah Ni'Kora after mother's death as tribute to her]
FACTION: Currently none
SPECIES: human
HEIGHT: about 5'6"
WEIGHT: about 195 lbs
EYES: Sweet blue
HAIR: White as newfallen snow
SKIN: Pale Pink
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Her back is covered with Wing brands, their origin is actually from a guy who had captured her.. he called her an angel and had the marks branded into her back to prove it.. she has since escaped that man
DOMINATE HAND: ambidextrous
FORCE SENSITIVE: yes (Often she uses this to warn her of danger, nothing more she only knows a single force move btween her and Koran: force Push)

STRENGTH: a little above your average human
DEXTERITY: slightly more agile than your average human [her second best trait]
CONSTITUTION: Almost always healthy, rarely gets sick
INTELLIGENCE: Above average [her  best trait]
WISDOM: Average for her age
CHARISMA: average

LIGHTSABER/SWORD FORMS:
she has one she keeps, that she took form her father's corpse, it's blade it blue and she's trained with it, but she will never fight for Jedi nor sith.

WEAPONS
her Various tools can be used as weapons [her cresent wrench beign her favorite]

STRENGTHS:
She is quite smart for her age, she is Excellent about machines, and tends to learn a lot from them by looking at it.. she has a keen eye for details when it comes to machines. Her force sensitivity tends to extend to this and amplify it a bit, otherwise her Agility often helps her out of tight spots

WEAKNESSES:
she is not very Charismatic, nor is she very strong..

PETS:
a little creature that often sits upon her shoulder it is small and Cream colored fur adorns it, it has three red eyes and a tail about as long as its body.

PERSONALITY:
not shy one little bit, she is mostly a quiet one and speaks her mind at times, most times this gets her into trouble. She isnt much of a genius, but has a gift for tactics and machinery

HISTORY:
Her father had been a good Jedi, following their ways well and often meditating tokeep his thoughts in check. He had falen in love with Ali'Karah He had taken a personal exile after a battle left him crippled, one leg being cut off from the knee down in a battle with a sith. Since their deaths almost 10 years ago, she has wandered; a mechanic helping out others for food, credits, travel, or shelter. She is always acommpanied by her best friend, a small creature named Koran. Koran she met on a small moon, the tiny creature having met her when it tried to steal her food.. she didnt try to run it off, but insted let it have soem food. They have been fast friends ever sicne with its uncanny abilitiy to tell false feelings.
Ali'hannah is often seen udner the hood of a transport vehicle or taking a look at a driod's programming. While sometimes she dreams of being like her father, she has yet to approch the council about it. She is a talented girl and has the potential to go far she jsut has to try. She msotly thinks that the council would not take her in because of her orphan status. Her father didnt speak much of the jedi and she hadnt learn much about them.. yet.. She works now in Coruscant, looking up at the jedi academy just waiting for the right chance..

What do you think of this?

TheRedFear

Sorry for the neglect guys. Juggling alot of games with my college class schedule. If someone would care to Co_GM this it would make it alot easier to get this rolling.

Lucifia

hey guys, I can see this game is just beginning. I'd be interested in creating a character, but my knowledge of Star Wars is sadly limited to the 6 movies, and Jedi Academy :(. Will I find that a big disadvantage?
Atheism is a Religion... Like Abstinence is a Sex Position...like Bald is a Hair Style... like Single is a relationship...like Fasting is a Meal...It's NOT!

Check out my RP request section and browse my best of' characters!

Also, Check out my Ons and Offs!

I also have an F-List!

TheRedFear

Quote from: Lucifia on February 04, 2012, 11:48:39 PM
hey guys, I can see this game is just beginning. I'd be interested in creating a character, but my knowledge of Star Wars is sadly limited to the 6 movies, and Jedi Academy :(. Will I find that a big disadvantage?

Probably not. At the end of the day the six movies are all that really counts. That said, you may want to make Wookiiepedia your friend if this gets off the ground. heh.

Jmorty33

TheRedFear

So guess who mistakenly thought he was moving wednesday when in fact he's moving tomorrow? THIS GUY! RIGHT HERE BABY!

So I'll be rather slow with my posting this week until we get internet connected in the new apartment.

TheRedFear

So the self-installation package that was supposed to show up yesterday...didn't. Gonna try to call the company today and see why they're keeping me away from E.

I do still want to get this game going. I'm just not sure how yet.