Fire Emblem (Interest Check)

Started by Latooni Subota, November 13, 2011, 11:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre

Of course, it's not the size of the thread that matters but how you use it.  NC small group seems to be the best choice considering all of the above.  And it's good to hear of another player joining us soon!  Oh, and thanks for making things clear for me on Cecilia's movement.

Fire Emblem: Spark of Chaos... mmhm, somewhat vague I think.  Would anyone object to Fire Emblem: March of the Oriflamme?  This will be the focus of the story without giving too much away.

Kunoichi

Latooni Subota

ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Sabre

Thanks, ladies.  I'll have the first Chapter thread up and running with complete introductions along with an OoC with instructions (and character sheets as they are right now, but we can split these into another thread entirely if requested).  But... tomorrow.  Or rather when I wake up in a few hours after some much needed sleep.  It'll also give everyone else some time to post here with any ideas or objections they have so they're not left behind or ignored.

Chapter 1 will be titled 'Spark of Chaos,' by the way.  I think that's more than fitting for this prologue.

Oh, and besides the chapter battles, feel free to discuss here, later in the OoC, or PM me directly about requesting a specific role play scenario.  Secondary plotlines, a specific setting you'd like to explore, or any NPC interactions (befriending a non-combatant that tags along or even a NC scenario involving your characters).  And once we have a solid chapter up and running, do remember to fan out and promote our little game to any friends you might want to join in.  The more the merrier!

Sabre

Okay, woke back up earlier than expected (meaning I'll be going to bed earlier than intended later on), and typed up a short prologue and introduction to Chapter 1.

One year since the ominous dark storm passed over the Kingdom of Galatia, spreading across the continent and still foreboding in the far north, the duke of Silesia is dead.  Loved by his peers for his temperance and revered by his people for his generosity, his passing was mourned far beyond the borders of his domain.  In the long year since the omen first appeared, numerous kings and counts and elders succumbed to this intangible plague.  More curse than contagion, the affliction had no taste for anything other than the noble blood of elder royals.  What at first seemed a sigh of relief among the younger nobility quickly escalated into chaos and dark intrigue, and the old wisdom of old kings was lost among the squabbles of younger fools.

The old Silesian duke Alvis was thus, as many fearfully realized upon hearing of the civil wars of the north, west and east, the start of the next war within Galatia.  The current assembly of dukes and duchesses, both the young and the handful of remaining old, have come to a silent agreement to not interfere - a lesson learned through too much shedding of blood in the recent year.  So cautious are they that only a handful of dukes appeared at the reverent funeral of old Alvis.  And those that did came wasted no time in escaping the moment his tomb was sealed.  Immediately after the mayor of the ducal palace, along with other advisers of the regency, sealed themselves in the capital's citadel to await the heralds from each province and canton.  As is tradition, the ducal throne is gifted by popular election, and in these times of doubt people cling to tradition at their own expense.  The children of Alvis wasted no time and began the start of a civil war: the estates of Carim the younger brother versus the estates of Villene the eldest sister, and neither would recognize any attempt at neutrality.  Both feared a third side as much as they feared each other.

Chapter 1: The Sparks of Chaos
[Laplace Manor, Duchy of Silesia]

The youngest daughter, Cecilia, had called for peace between her siblings.  In their reply she received a marauding mercenary band.  Exactly which of the two hired them is unknown, but the Lady of Laplace and her friends and retainers had no time to waste in contemplation.  Cecilia fled the manor, her late mother's home and proof of her late father's love for both of them, and finding no one in pursuit turns back.  The blackguards were hired assassins of the poorest quality, and after killing a young handmaiden they believed to be Cecilia they immediately lashed out against her home and nearby citizens of the estate.  Certainly the army that would arrive later to officially seize Laplace Manor wouldn't mind a few thefts, murders, and rape if it meant paying them less.

Cecilia and her allies have returned and regrouped, however, and though outnumbered plan to retake the manor.

Silk

Was there a final desision on Ysena's part early on, or is her band passing by?

Latooni Subota

<Cecilia> "They murdered Tabitha! She was my best friend and closest maid! Q.Q "

Those bastards! Clearly they need to be stabbed properly! Aaaanyways, i'll have an actual fluff sheet for Cecila done up in a little while. Personality, personal history, age, etc.

The way I understand it is Villene is the eldest, Carim is the middle, and Cecilia is the youngest. I see Cecilia probably right around the 17-18 years old mark, so where do you think her siblings are?

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Kunoichi

Villene is probably in her early thirties, all things considered.  I imagine she was married off in a political alliance, only to inherit her husband's estate when he died due to 'mysterious circumstances'.

Meanwhile, Carim is probably about 25.  I can't think of anything for him, though. ^^;

Sabre

I believe there are three options available to you:

Ysena and two fighters will appear from the northern approach to the manor on turn 3 or 4.  She and her men are scouts that decide to waste no time in joining the battle as it's already begun.  Her band is either passing by or has been hired by one of Cecilia's martial-minded retainers (a player or an NPC if you wish, Claire or Aurich or someone else of your own creation would be most likely).  Either way, she would recognize the enemy mercenary band as a hated rival for whatever reason; it's up to you.  You could even make up your own story here about you and their leader - Oscar is a lieutenant and not the actual leader of the enemy mercenary band.

Her siblings are also young, Carim being around 21-26 and Villene closer to 30.  Would you like Cecilia to have some personal history with them, and thus characterize them a little, or would you prefer her to have never been close leaving their personalities and history up in the air?  Not much is required either way since the plot will eventually focus on them later on.  For now the immediate problem is the mercenary band.

Silk

Hmm, how about if this merc band was part of the advent, but broke away because Ysena was keeping them on the leash. Which is why their on their rape and pillaige, with Ysena feeling somewhat responsible and steps in to take care of them. But this is not going to be something particularly apparent early on.

Either way until we start getting some bolstered forces from allies, I'm assuming that the advent mercenaries will be the bulk of cecilia's fighting force. After that point, Ysena will have to come to a desision of if the contract will continue or not.. Since she is a mercenary she will insist on some funding, after all, her boys cant fight on empty stomachs and rusty blades.

Sabre

That sounds good to me.  Feel free to roleplay this however you wish, and I will take it into account in the later plot.

I'll be posting three topics: the actual RP thread, a character thread, and an OoC.  Each of them will have place holder opening posts that will later be edited for ease of navigation and organization.  I request each player here to personally repost their character sheets in the character thread and edit their own post as their character stats and background information changes over time.

Main RP thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=125053.0
OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=125052.0
Character Archive: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=125051.0

As for the mercenaries, yes, some negotiation will be fine.  I will have Aurich play the part of the party caravan and quartermaster, so such details may go through him (as GM, basically).  On the battlefield we are all players though.  Your mercenaries will be green units, but you have full control over them (and if you'd like, you could discuss an experience system so that they don't end up stealing good exp for the rest of the players).

Silk

Well when it comes to the exp for the merc's any exp they get could just be added to a exp pool. Which gets distributed amongst the players, while the merc's themselves just and as Ysena's level -1 to a minimum of 1

Sabre

An exp pool that is distributed after battle sounds good to me.   Perhaps we can think of it as Ysena's mercenaries teaching and training the players who are less experienced in war.

Remember, role playing and talking to oneself, other players, or to NPCs is a free action.  This means that, although Valerie or Edmund or Ashton or Maribelle are not part of the party yet they can still role play freely.

Edit:  Also, the game is officially open of course so anyone can feel free to either role play with introductions or even begin making moves and attacks.  Remember, Valerie can be recruited by whoever visits the nearby house and Maribelle is trapped by a mercenary that won't move.

Latooni Subota

Woo. Lots of progress while I was eating and doing the dishes for ALL OF TODAY'S THANKSGIVING PREPWORK. You'd be surprised how many things get dirty when making a turkey neck stock from scratch, among other things. XD

I figure that Cecilia would have a LITTLE bit of history between them. Likely her trying her damnedest to be a sister to both of them, or at least a friend, and getting snubbed for having a commoner mother. Poor Cecilia Q.Q