Spy Games (Alternate timeline WWII)(Need players)

Started by Vostroya, August 29, 2010, 12:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vostroya

The Saboteur - Xbox 360 - Cutscene #3 - "3 Months Later"

Character Thread

OOC/Idea Thread

Story:
Prologue

- Prologue Subsections:
       "Deadly Threads"

Purpose of the game:

What I hope to achieve in this game is a diverse group of both spies from the allied powers and a group of staff officers working for General Eckhart (who will be explained in the back story below, the spies attempting a plot to kill Eckhart, and the people working for Eckhart trying to find the moles and spies. I am trying to design a RP fitted for a large group so that we can use more than one thread, so that the story does not become to clogged with side plots that confused everyone. The RP will not focus on the war per'se but will instead be used to give the allied spies incentive to work harder. In the story i am hoping to have lots of scheming and plotting against friend and foe alike along with deception, seduction, and lust that comes with their jobs. All are welcome to join in.

What I am looking for at the moment: Interest in the story, help/ideas/suggestions/settings for how to plan the story of the attempts to kill Eckhart. I don't want everything to be planned out by me, but to be engaged with the players and take their advice on what would help be fun to do in the RP.

Backstory:

Dunkirk, 1940, instead of ordering his military might to halt and let the air force deal with the rest of the British forces retreating from their hopeless fight against the Nazi war machine, as Hermann Goering wanted. Hitler instead ordered a full attack on the now mob of soldiers, civilians and other such forces trying to escape back to Britain across the channel. Such a simple order, but its effects widely caused the war to go sour for the allies. It wasn't even a battle many historians would later call it. The gunfire could not overpower the shear number of screams of terror as tanks and soldiers advanced on the beach where British soldiers tried to make their last stand. The battle only lasted an hour, once the smoke had cleared, all that was left were hundreds of thousands of bodies, soaked and taken out to sea, if given enough time, they might have escaped, but Hitler had made up his mind. The "Hero" of the battle was later found out to be a young Major by the name of Alexander Sturmgiest Eckhart, more aptly named after the battle as "Black Heart". The urban legends say he watched the massacre from his nearby command post just off the beach, giving him a birds eye view. Some say he had a late lunch even during a full scale battle, listening and watching the battle as if it were a war movie. A few months later, the British Royal air force was soundly defeated after putting up a fierce battle with the German Luftwaffe. Now nothing stood in the way of an invasion of Britain. Churchill pleaded with the United States for help against the rising power of Germany, but since the defeat at Dunkirk, the war opposition in the United States reached an all time high, and support from their "allies" suddenly was cut off. Leaving Britain to fight for herself. Churchill in a speech on the impending doom of the country announced that "We will fight them to the last man, woman, and child".

In what could be called a master stroke of military strategy, at the onset of December 1940, in a plan devised by the devious Major Eckhart, the relatively small German Navy was able to catch the majority of the British fleet in a trap laid out by Eckhart. On an early morning, a small scale raid by German agents in side Britain were able to sabotage a major ammunition dump near the major port for the British navy. The anger from the top brass in the British military was quick to decide to take the British fleet out to combat the incoming German navy that had been spotting leaving port a few days ago. Once the massive fleet made contact with the German fleet in open seas, the German's immediately retreated, causing the British to chase after them, this is what proved to be the blunder, the British chased the fleet for hours, finally realizing to late that they had fallen into a trap, because at midday the British fleet came under heavy air attack by the still strong German Luftwaffe, even with all their anti-aircraft guns they could not destroy enough planes to allow them to gain the upper hand. The British fleet was to large to maneuver effectively as a group and they were easy targets for the dive bombers, the previously retreating German fleet then turned around and began to engage the disoriented British fleet. By the end of the day, the once mighty and powerful British fleet feared throughout the world was destroyed in an afternoon. Two days later a coup'de'tat was launched within the British government, overthrowing Churchill and his supporters. Fearing the total destruction of their country the new leaders quickly surrendered to Germany. Britain had finally been taken, and without a single soldier having fired a shot. For his briliant plan Major Eckhart was given many medals and a promotion to Colonel. The war ground to a complete stand still. Without a friendly port within Europe, the Americans no longer had a viable base of operations to fight a war against the Axis powers in Europe.

In 1941, in a gambit by the American military, the Americans attempted to take Northern Africa away from the Nazi's to secure a new staging area for a war against Germany. But unannounced to them, Colonel Eckhart had been transferred to North Africa to study under the famous General Rommel. Using their combined brilliance in tactics they defeated the invasion force in a series of long battles designed to stretch the supply lines of the American's and then cutting them off, leaving them to be destroyed. For his efforts and with a recommendation from Rommel, Eckhart was promoted to full general and given the task of governing the military occupation of Paris, France.

Now the Allies and resistance forces have begun to plot the killing of Eckhart, who is now in a vulnerable position...

Vostroya

KeyOfTwilight

ooooh, I like the back story.  I'd be very interested in trying something like this out.

Vostroya

awesome, glad to have you interested, which side were you thinking of joining?

KeyOfTwilight

I'm thinking of allies, playing possibly a fictional daughter of ww1 spy Margaretha Geertruida (Grietje) Zelle (Mata Hari).  Probably better to tell you my character concept more over pms  though, some spoilers i dont want leaked on here.

Vostroya

sounds good, hopefully we can get some more interest.

KeyOfTwilight

Vostroya

Possible side plot to enhance main plot: (Possible Sci-fi/Occult arc to story)

January 1940, off the coast of England...

Wolfenstein - Intro Movie [HD]

That was almost a year ago, and its progress swept under the rug by both the German top brass and American intelligence. With the surrender of England and the subsequent capture of the American agent, the legend of the "medallion" have been largely unanswered. But now there are rumors starting be resurfaced regarding Germany's interest in the Occult and super-natural powers, with the death of Fleet Admiral Koris during the destruction of the Battleship Tirpitz, the SS named a new successor to lead Germany's research into the Occult under the supervision of Himmler himself. The man named was General Eckhart, this was due largely to his command in the Paris military district, since research would need a large population and military presence to ensure ample bodies and supplies to work with. Secret societies on both sides of the war are now interested in finding and using the research now being done under Eckhart's command.

Now that such precious little is known about Germany's efforts into the occult have just now been brought to light to the Allied top brass, intelligence resources across the board are being reassigned to teh Eckhart case to find out what the hell the Nazi's are up to in Paris....

Some more pictures to help with interest:

inflatetress

Count me in as a Nazi bimbo seductress/assassin...would love to be involved in the occult thing too!

anna77

Sounds good, plus SS Thule society?  I'm definitely in.

KeyOfTwilight

Vostroya

awesome two more people to the mix! I'll go ahead and add a character sheet. I'll have Eckhart's character sheet up in the next few days as I have to collect the photos that i want.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Played by:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Loyalty:[/b] (Allies/Axis/Unknown)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b] (Who your character is/History of ")
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b] (two)
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (What enemy's can exploit about your personality (two))

(Character sheet is subject to changes or recommendations)

Vostroya

Two new pics that depict Eckhart on the right in the first picture, and Eckhart's fortress in the second.

inflatetress

Name: Ellise Sommers
Played by: Inflatetress
Sex: Female
Loyalty: Axis
Appearance:
Bio: Ellise is the seductive and dangerous daughter of a Nazi high level commander.  She is committed to the Axis cause though and though and has been for her entire life. 
Personality:  Ellise is not very bright, though she can do what she is told with deadly accuracy in many cases.  She is very easily tricked and is somewhat of a air-headed bimbo.  Committed to the Axis cause though and though, Ella finds those not like herself as inferior, she is quite the bigot.
Strengths: Seduction, good aim
Weaknesses: not very bright, very gullible.  Bizarre sexual kinks that often put her in a vulnerable state or in vulnerable positions. 

Her Outfit:
http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-8675232-playful-model.php (outfit, but in bright red)
http://www.trashy.com/Carousel-Fancy-Long-Robe.10765-product.htm (worn over the above, also in bright red)
http://www.mydivascloset.com/brshthhistwi.html (stockings, but capped off around the top with swastika emblems)
http://www.pleaserheels.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/71.jpg (shoes)
Also she wears a armband around her left arm with another swastika emblem that matches the one on her stockings

Stan'

I fancy playing a Scottish spy... one that has infiltrated the German ranks, although has started to become a paranoid wreck as his cover looks increasingly likely to be blown.  I loved both The Saboteur and Wolfenstein.

KeyOfTwilight

Name: Marie Blanc, Marie Weiss, Mary White, Mariana Belo, Shiro no Mari.  (French, German, English, Russian, Japanese, respectively.)
Played by: KeyOfTwilight
Loyalty: Unknown
Appearance: http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/775/06746f0984481b16e24b41a.jpg
Bio: Marie Blanc is the daughter of the infamous spy Mata Hari, executed at the end of WW1 for her spying for the germans.  Marie was not old enough to remember her mother, but her mother's friends, all high-class prostitutes, took her in a raised her.  Several of the women she was raised under had also been spies, though not caught, and through her life she grew up knowing only the life of a spy.  Her first jobs usually consisted of obtaining information that could be used against political parties, though this was always second hand through politicians wives.  She didn't let this discourage her, however, and reasoned that men's tongues are the loosest in bed, so any info she obtained was likely to be truth; women have excellent memory, or so she lived by.  At the rumors of starting war, Marie left the brothel she was raised in, spurred by some letter left to her by her mother.  She quickly secured herself reasonably safe places of power in most of the allied and axis armies, though all were cautious of her; Marie did nothing to hide that she was a spy.  In that, she was trusted the most.  You say you're spying for one country to the country you're spying on, but tell said latter country that you're their double agent, well, it works every way.  Everyone thinks She is a spy for them, and in a way she is.  But what are her true intentions?  Only time will tell.
Personality: Diverse.  Marie has as many different personalities as she knows languages.  Her life is as a spy and military girl, so no one has seen her real self.  There may not even be one...
Strengths: Master of languages. (No one really knows where she was educated, but Marie seems versed in about every known language.)  Absolute spy (She's been playing the game since she was born.  She can shoot, seduce, you name it.)
Weaknesses: Absolute Lesbian (Inability to seduce men or cater to them sexually.  This is seen as a weakness in the eyes of most seductress-spies.) Unknown motives/true intentions. (She is caught up with so many organizations, people are very lax to trust her, even if she holds multiple military positions ((Earned through dubious means)))

Vostroya

Quote from: Stan' on August 30, 2010, 08:52:39 PM
I fancy playing a Scottish spy... one that has infiltrated the German ranks, although has started to become a paranoid wreck as his cover looks increasingly likely to be blown.  I loved both The Saboteur and Wolfenstein.

sounds good, we can always use more people. Btw great characters girls

orderNchaos

orderNchaos

Name: Codename Ella Tide
Loyalty: Allies
Appearance: Depends on the situation
Bio: Ella Tide is an Allied deep cover operative who reports directly to American Special Branch.  Her true identity and particulars are closely held secrets up to the top level of the government and no one knows exactly what she looks like.  Ella grew up as an orphan on the streets of New York when she was picked up by an agent of the US counter-intelligence division looking for nondescript recruits with street skills and strong adaptable abilities to train for missions into German Occupied Western Europe.  When the British fell to the German advance the program was accelerated in order to get agents in the field.  Ella had learned a very special gift surviving on the streets, she could become anyone she wanted to.  Ella had been inserted into Europe through Italy during the US attack on North Africa with orders to gain critical information from the German High Command on strategies and weaknesses.  A year later Agent Tide had not been heard of and was presumed captured or killed.  Six months ago Agent tide surfaced with detailed information showing that the German High command was searching for paranormal capabilities to enhance their army  Two months later the incident with the Battleship Tirpitz, and the resulting recovery of the "medallion" added weight to Agent Tides information.  Agent Tide then received orders to find information on the German progress in to the research and if possible slow or destroy their research.

Strengths:  Tide is a trained counter-intelligence agent with skills in all manner of weapons and equipment typically found in military compounds.  She is also a master of disguise able to change her appearance in minutes.  There are rumors that some initial tests in genetic manipulation as a bio weapon may have been used on Agent Tide to enhance her ability to change her appearance.

Weaknesses: While very resourceful, she is one woman working behind enemy lines with little or no support.  While she loves her country and will do anything to protect it, she realizes that she must compromise her morals and her beliefs to accomplish her mission.

Vostroya

I am developing a system for the allies that uses German officers and agents in the Thule society as targets for the agents to Bribe/kill/corrupt/seduce/interrogate for information. Lower level officials would be readily available to do with freely while the higher ranking harder to find officers with protection would yield large amounts of intelligence and garner a "heat" level, making them wanted and their actions watched more closely.

1) Military intelligence: to gain intelligence on Eckhart's plans/location
2) Occult intelligence: gain a certain amount of knowledge regarding research into the occult

It will take me awhile to complete all the details, but that will allow for more interest to be  gained, I appreciate all the support and patience you have shown. But I will keep at it and hopefully be more able to complete much of the work over the weekend when I have more free time. If you would like to help please let me know.

Vostroya

Special Characters: (Only Seen on Special Occasions) **(To be edited and more characters to be added as I make them)**

The Arch-Villain
Alexander Sturmgiest Eckhart

Played by: Vostroya
Sex: Male
Appearance: At an imposing 6 feet 7 inches tall, Eckhart is an imposing figure when he is in public. He is always well groomed and exercises often.
Face
SS Uniform
Wehrmacht Uniform
Bio: General Eckhart is a favorite amoungst the German High Command, due to his tactical brilliance and his expert politicking. He joined the Nazi party as soon as it became apparent that the Nazi's would rule Germany, he quickly rose through the ranks due to his skill and recommendations by higher officers, he was given difficult tasks and each time with limited resources he would accomplish the task on time. While he rose through the ranks he began to recruit and surround himself with subordinates that could make up for his weaknesses and make his image better. He as assembled some of the best and most well trained officers and soldiers under his command. The allies consider him Target One when it came time to decide which Nazi officers needed to be taken care of immediately. Ever since the massive allied defeat in North Africa, Eckhart has been assigned to what would appear to be a cushy job as commander of the Paris military district, but allied spies have noted strange and mysterious happenings around the capital city. Paris has been transformed into a virtual Nazi paradise under the command of Eckhart. The city's former pleasing views and art have been transformed by rooftop towers, AA guns, watchtowers, sniper posts, searchlights, barbed wire, and checkpoints to divide the city. This has transformed the city into a massive prison. It appears that something more sinister is under the watchful gaze of Eckhart, what they are doing remains to be seen....
Personality: In the gaze of the public he is seen as a calm but tyrannical leader in the eyes of his subordinates and the people of the city. Paris lives in fear of his reprisals. Under his command the city has been transformed into a Nazi's dream. But in private he is prone to medical expiraments and torture to satiate his flesh lust. Bizarre and weird experimentation on subjects has been reported in some degree by allied agents shortly before becoming subjects themselves to Eckhart's depravity.
Strengths:
High Intelligence - Eckhart did not get to his position through other means that some generals use to get to their positions, Eckhart got it through being the best at what he did, which was win battles. He is a master strategist and manipulator with both politics and the military.
Aura of Fear - Through both his reputation and rank, when ever Eckhart is in the area, his subordinates pay close attention to their own actions to ensure that Eckhart's wrath does not come down upon them.
Entourage - Where ever Eckhart goes a large group of staff officers and bodyguards always goes with him, as such multiple threats are always a possibility when encountering Eckhart.
Weaknesses:
Arrogance - Eckhart is a Nazi to the bone, as such he believes himself above the "lesser races" and those under his command typically are privy to this.
Sexual Deviant - Eckhart's lust for flesh is almost legendary within the higher ranks of the Germany top brass. But through use of his elite guard and his various subjects of torture he is able to maintain an aura of calmness and civility in public.
Low Firepower - As he believes that combat is beneath him, he lets his subordinates do the fighting for him, at maximum he may be armed with a pistol.
Special Perks:
Intimidation - Due to his "aura of fear", Whenever Eckhart is in the area Occult and Wehrmacht soldiers/officers will no longer be willing to be Corrupted/Bribed while he is in the area.
"I have ways of making you talk..." - Eckhart's vast experience with torture and interrogation will make even the most die hard loyalist agent divulge vital Intel to Eckhart given enough time.

**(This character is available to anybody who wants to play as this character either as a Primary or second character, Please PM me if you want to, first come first serve)**

Name: Franziska
Appearance:

Face
Bio: Once Hitler came to power within Germany, young Franziska immediately wanted a way to serve her countries higher powers, she soon found herself working for various SS organizations due to her strange ability to use strange Occult powers, she became an instant target for the secretive SS paranormal division and soon found herself training other women like her. Soon becoming the head of the Infamous "Elite Guard" of General Eckhart. She joined up with Eckhart soon after as his personal Confidant/Bodyguard/Assistant.
Personality: See Strengths and Weaknesses
Strengths:
Cold Bitch - Franziska's demeanor is all business, she does not tolerate any sort of behavior prohibited by Eckhart and will deal with rule breakers in her own special way, usually through immediate execution or by firing squad.
Unshakable Loyalty - As head of Eckhart's elite guard, Franziska is utterly loyal to Eckhart and his orders, she will carry out his wishes and commands to the letter and without question
Drop Dead Looks - Franziska is the ultimate embodiment of a shark, sleek, stealthy, beautiful, and deadly, her looks will gain the attention of anyone in the room. Letting her pick and choose her target at will. Her outfits are always skin tight and revealing this allows her to move quickly and silently, save for her knee high boots.
Weaknesses:
Low firepower - Franziska does not carry firearms or any other type of weapon on her person, she instead relies on her supernatural abilities granted to her by being apart of the Occult research team.
Sadistic - After being at the side of Eckhart for so long, her sexual preferences have been warped by the constant torture and experiments that Franziska has both caused and participated in. She along with Eckhart personally torture many supposed spies and infiltrators, only increasing Franziska's need to cause pain to others.
Entourage - As leader of Eckhart's elite guard, Franziska enjoys a position of great power, causing her to be followed by members of the Elite guard at all times, ensuring that she is protected. She does not care for combat against what she believe's to be "unworthy" enemies and instead leaves her subordinates to do the fighting for her.

Special Perks:

Occult Powers - As many of the Elite guard do, Franziska has gained the ability to use powerful occult attacks against her foes, she is almost unstoppable in close combat.
Intimidation - Anytime Franziska is in an area, all the soldiers and officers in the area will be unwilling to risk pissing her off. While in their area, spies will be unable to Corrupt/Bribe officials.
Lust - Due to her looks, anytime Franziska is in an area, Spies will be unable to seduce officers and soldiers, due to her drop dead looks.

Urbanzorro

Name: Sir Martin Doubtfire/ Maximilien von Hueber/
Played by: UrbanZorro
Sex: M
Loyalty: Unknown
Appearance: To the Allies, To the Axis
Bio: He leads not one life but two, he is both Sir Martin  and Maximilien. As Sir Martin he was an outspoken anti-Nazi during the pre-war days and fought with the British Expeditionary Force before the disaster at Dunkirk. He was not present at Dunkirk, having volunteered to stay behind and aid any resistance movements that sprung up in occupied France. Since then he has done his best to weaken the Nazi's position in Europe.

As Maximilien he is a high level German industrial leader, and an influential member of the Nazi party. He has used said influence to profit greatly from the war and to all outside accounts he intends to continue to do so as chief industrialist in occupied France. Unknown to most of the German people Maximilien is merely a cover for his true second life an SS agent assigned to investigate the French and German industrialists in Paris as well as any SS and Gestapo members involved with the French industry.

Both sides believe that he is 'their man' and neither of his assumed lives have ever been in danger of being blown. It is unknown who he is really working for or what his employers' goals are. All that is known is to the outside observer with all the facts he seems to be playing both sides against one another. 

Personality: Maximilien is known to be quite the arrogant man, cool, calm, and calculating to a point. He is strong willed and has no problems destroying others entire lives for the smallest of personal gains. Sir Martin is a guarded man who is not quick to trust others. He is quite and thoughtful at most times and doesn't say much unless he feels it truly NEEDS to be said. This no nonsense attitude has made him many friends and enemies.

Strengths: He is an absolute master of disguise and planning not only does he lead at least two lives, but both of his egos look, sound, and talk nothing like the other yet somehow he manages to fool any and everyone he meets even those who he has know intimately. He has made it a personal goal to keep himself in good shape as well as to keep himself up to date on most weapons so that he will never be caught unarmed.

Weaknesses: While he has both sides believing that he is on their side who ever he does truly work for is nowhere to be found, and as such he has no support what soever to succeed in what ever his true goal may be. He has a tendency to underestimate those around him.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Vostroya

The character thread is now up, I will add new player characters to the list once they become approved.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=81155.0

Vostroya

Alright everyone the very first mission briefing is up and ready for your input before we begin the RP in full, there are still a few details to be stamped out but they will come in due time.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=81199.0