News:

Main Menu

Just wondering...

Started by Sora, July 25, 2009, 11:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sora

Hey, all!

I was just curious, because there seem to be quite a few people that MIGHT have grown up on this one series that I sort of did, but just got back in touch with. Animorphs, by K. A. Applegate? I'm sure there's someone that remembers it from middle or grade school. (And some people from later on? It's not a really kiddy series.)

Anyway, just wondering. Hoping my fellow nerds will shout back. I wasn't sure where to post my general query. Here seemed safest, since I'm not trying to set up an RP. Just yet, anyway. ;D

Much love,
Sora
I'll be your pet... If you can make me sit, stay, and come.

Sora's Spots

Caeli

HAHA.

I actually enjoyed that series... it was elementary school, for me, when I first picked it up. :-)

My favorite character was Tobias. >>;
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Sora

Yay! I love Tobias. I constantly switched favorites between Marco and Aximili, each time swearing I'd never go back to the other.

It was elementary for me, too. Like, fourth grade, I think? I only read Rachel's first book, and I didn't like her at all, so I gave up.

Sora's Spots

Caeli

I thought Marco was hilarious, and refreshing for a character; Aximili has that classic 'alien in a modern world and is totally unaccustomed to human strangeness' attitude. XDD

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Sora

Yeah. Applegate did an amazing job capturing each character's voice. It was like reading a different author every time I started the next book.

Sora's Spots

Caeli

Oh, definitely! I think that was what I looked forward to the most, reading all the different books. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Epicurus

I remember it, it was a good read but god forbid revisiting it!

Never even finished the series, read about it a couple of weeks ago. I liked the alien guy, with the scythe for a tail and stuff.

Sora

Yes! Ax is the best. Or is it Marco? I still don't know. :P

Sora's Spots

Rhapsody

I still can't look at Shawn or Aaron Ashmore without thinking of Jake Berenson.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Serephino

Middle school memories....   I read pretty far into the series but didn't finish it.  I remember watching the TV series too.  I really liked Tobias and Jake. 

Caeli

I'd no idea there was a television series. O.o

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Sora

It isn't as good. Apparently, Andalites have magic fingers in one episode. XD After that, they stuck to the books pretty well for a while. Andalites aren't magic. They're technologically superior. :P And they can see behind themselves. The bastards... :'(

Sora's Spots

Barding

Heh, I came across this a bit late but I always say (or, at least, I will henceforth) that nostalgia can never suffer from tardiness. But yeah, here's a bump to this because I did actually grow up with this TV show flickering occasionally across the channels I frequented as a kid. I never quite knew the low-down with it but can remember thinking it sounded interesting. Similarly, I can recall random tidbits of information...Like, Tobias was the one who could turn into a falcon, right?
:: O/Os ::
Updated 09/08/2021

:: Cravings ::
Updated 20/09/2021

:: Accepting new stories only in very special cases. ::

Sora

Lolz! Tobias got stuck as a red-tailed hawk. Poor guy. Though, I feel more pity for Rachel, his girlfriend. You can't make-out with a bird. :P

Sora's Spots

Barding

Quote from: Sora on July 30, 2009, 03:59:21 PM
You can't make-out with a bird. :P

*grins* We in Britain would beg to differ :P Oh the cultural differences that slang tosses up! XD
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

Sora

Lol! Where's the slang and what does it mean? *bounces eagerly* I love that kind of stuff. ;D

Sora's Spots

Barding

Quote from: Sora on July 30, 2009, 04:19:50 PM
Lol! Where's the slang and what does it mean? *bounces eagerly* I love that kind of stuff. ;D

*grins* Always happy to provide Britsploitation themed amusement! ;D Okay, so, 'bird' is East London slang for a woman over about 20. It's not a widely used term - it's a bit outdated now but it's still widely known about across the UK as a piece of language :)

As such, if you asked a male member of the British public whether he'd like to make out with a bird, he'd probably say yes ;)
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

Nadir

Quote from: Sora on July 30, 2009, 03:59:21 PM
Lolz! Tobias got stuck as a red-tailed hawk. Poor guy. Though, I feel more pity for Rachel, his girlfriend. You can't make-out with a bird. :P

You mean he never turns back? I never got passed the point of his getting stuck...

Sora

Well, it's complex. He's stuck for a while, but the Ellimist gives him back the power to morph, then sends him back in time for long enough to acquire himself, so he can morph human. He stays a hawk until he dies, though.  :'(

Sora's Spots

Nadir

Sora

Lol! You must have only read the first and second book or so. The plot gets really complicated, and there's lots of lingo and all that jazz that you learn as the characters do.

Sora's Spots

Nadir

Probably why I didn't get far! *laughs*

Sora

Sora's Spots

Sora

Only partly a shameless bump!

Since the title of the thread and the last post don't really suggest the content of the thread, I thought I'd get the conversation going again. The end of Animorphs just made me want to choke people while sobbing uncontrolably. It was just too cruel. And if you read the afterward, which I did, to get some kind of explanation for the travesty, Applegate informs her devoted readers that she did away with their beloved characters because she was BORED with them.  >:(

Horrible woman. *pouty face*

Sora's Spots

Nadir

Uh, I actually prefer authors who end a series instead of just discontinuing it. Even if the ending is 'bad', at least you're not tormented with the hope that the author might continue one day.