News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[Pandemonium] Recruitment V1 (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, September 18, 2015, 12:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 20, 2015, 07:16:59 AM
Sounds like a few of you all are on the other side of the world from me.  or you're all night owls.  boo.  hiss.
I just don't sleep. Like 4~ hours a day. It usually comes in the early morning hours when the sun is doing that rising thing. Ain't nobody want to be a part of that crap. >.>

Cataclysmic Archangel

I used to work graveyard shifts, and slept like 4 hours a day so I'd have some time when everyone else was awake.

Now I'm old, and can't do that anymore.  I've put in my time, and now I get bright sunny shifts.

At home, with my work computer next to my home computer.

Muhahah.

Amarlo

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 01:01:11 PM
I just don't sleep. Like 4~ hours a day. It usually comes in the early morning hours when the sun is doing that rising thing. Ain't nobody want to be a part of that crap. >.>

>.> Yeah! -hisses at the sun!-

That aside, I worked graveyard shift back when I was 17 and since couldn't really get out of the habit. I just like being up at night more, it's quieter and calmer and I don't have to deal with family as much >.> No to mention general insomnia and other factors I'll not currently mention.  ::)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 20, 2015, 05:45:13 AM
Want to make sure they can keep up with all you ladies who like to bite (yeah, I'm looking at you, Ely).

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 06:35:54 AM
Just bite her back. She'll love it.

Your sheet is awesome. The character is going to be a great mix to the party. It also brought to mind a very, very amusing 'movie' I once saw when paired with Ely's character. The thoughts only went down hill from there. >.>

Hey now! Last I checked, I'm a free, independent dragon queen. No one volunteers consorts for me. I am not just free rein biting property!

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 20, 2015, 06:43:50 AM
I'm actually in a story with Ely right now.  I'm sure we'll get to biting eventually.  *brow waggling*

Oh yes... Biting and binding and flogging and all kinds of wonderful things...

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 20, 2015, 07:16:59 AM
Sounds like a few of you all are on the other side of the world from me.  or you're all night owls.  boo.  hiss.

Pretty much this. I like my sleep kthx.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 20, 2015, 01:09:18 PM

Oh yes... Biting and binding and flogging and all kinds of wonderful things...

Well, when you put it that way....

your turn. :p

*ducks*

Amarlo

Uh oh  ::) Someone woke the dragon lady.

Side note, with all this chit chat might I request an ooc thread for us to jibber jabber on? :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Quote from: Amarlo on September 20, 2015, 01:16:22 PM
Side note, with all this chit chat might I request an ooc thread for us to jibber jabber on? :)
Half of me wants to say yes... The other half wants to keep it here to keep the recruitment thread active and not falling to low. We've still got lots of room.

VonDoom

I actually am from magical Europeland, where the dragons frolic and unicorns menace the skies!

... well, perhaps I am exaggerating just a touch.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Cataclysmic Archangel

I can pretend to behave.

A little bit.

ON TOPIC:  my character sheet is official on the other page for the ladies to swoon over and the men to plot jealous rages.

Amarlo

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 01:19:27 PM
Half of me wants to say yes... The other half wants to keep it here to keep the recruitment thread active and not falling to low. We've still got lots of room.

Half of me understands.. The other half of me wants bribery  ::)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on September 20, 2015, 01:20:52 PM
I actually am from magical Europeland, where the dragons frolic and unicorns menace the skies!
Oooh... Is that what happens over there? This explains so much... So, so very much.

Quote from: Amarlo on September 20, 2015, 01:22:41 PM
Half of me understands.. The other half of me wants bribery  ::)
Bribery? Isn't getting players so the game can be full of delicious writers for you to sample bribery enough? If not that. Isn't getting players so that I can get around to making a character bribery enough?!

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 20, 2015, 01:22:02 PM
ON TOPIC:  my character sheet is official on the other page for the ladies to swoon over and the men to plot jealous rages.
What if the men want to swoon over him instead?

Amarlo

Exaggerating?! Everyone knows Europe doesn't exist! >=P

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 01:24:47 PM
Bribery? Isn't getting players so the game can be full of delicious writers for you to sample bribery enough? If not that. Isn't getting players so that I can get around to making a character bribery enough?!

The first doesn't count because I honestly think this awesome game and the people in it will bring in plenty regardless! The latter however is such a cruel tease and you know it >.< MEAN!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

VonDoom

I've seen it with my own two eyes, I did!

Incidentally, I fear there won't be much opportunity to connect Sorcerer and Apprentice looking at your charsheet, background-wise, but I'm considering giving him claustrophobia, in which case they'd have something in common. Well, slightly different fears, but there's definitely common ground between both.

O&O

Amarlo

Quote from: VonDoom on September 20, 2015, 01:40:19 PM
I've seen it with my own two eyes, I did!

Incidentally, I fear there won't be much opportunity to connect Sorcerer and Apprentice looking at your charsheet, background-wise, but I'm considering giving him claustrophobia, in which case they'd have something in common. Well, slightly different fears, but there's definitely common ground between both.

I meant more so the Story Souls' histories :P Not their current hosts.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

VonDoom

Yes, of course, though I'll need to finish and submit my application first -- still, can't hurt to find something in common in current times!

Also, I decided the name I came up with in the early morning was terrible. Virgil stays, as his proper first name. Still need a last name though.

O&O

Elysian Radiance

I can actually attest to this, not only because I've been to Europeland, but because I am the dragon queen! I have been known to frolic through the fields of wildflowers.

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 01:24:47 PM
What if the men want to swoon over him instead?

That's perfectly fine! This is a judge-free zone. Unless you can't properly use it's and its and their, there, and they're. Then I'm going to judge so hard you'll call me a paladin.

I secretly hope that there may be a little swooning (or at least lust) over Vivi.

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Amarlo

Quote from: VonDoom on September 20, 2015, 01:49:22 PM
Yes, of course, though I'll need to finish and submit my application first -- still, can't hurt to find something in common in current times!

Also, I decided the name I came up with in the early morning was terrible. Virgil stays, as his proper first name. Still need a last name though.

Virgil? xD It says "Vincent Jiang" up on the character information area.

As for last name help, a little family background would help. What ethnicity was his father?

This might help you, it often helps me with names when I can't think of any xD http://www.behindthename.com/random/

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 20, 2015, 01:52:35 PM
I secretly hope that there may be a little swooning (or at least lust) over Vivi.

-Swoons dramatically!- Oh Vivi! Vivi, my sweet! How I crave you, you will never know.  ;)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

VonDoom

Well, I originally named him Vincent Jiang, with Virgil as the nickname. I hadn't narrowed it down yet, but since I want an English name now, I'll be going with his father as American, his mother Chinese.

O&O

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on September 20, 2015, 01:49:22 PM
...Virgil stays, as his proper first name. Still need a last name though.
So... Virgil Jiang? I'll change the stuff.

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 20, 2015, 01:52:35 PM
That's perfectly fine! This is a judge-free zone. Unless you can't properly use it's and its and their, there, and they're. Then I'm going to judge so hard you'll call me a paladin.
I lol'd.

Quote from: Amarlo on September 20, 2015, 01:54:57 PM
-Swoons dramatically!- Oh Vivi! Vivi, my sweet! How I crave you, you will never know.  ;)
Okay. So. Look at Vivi's initials. V.B.B. Say that quickly. VBB. Vee-bee-bee. Like... bb. That slang thing internet kids call their people. Yanno the one. "Tits bb." "Nudes bb." And other such stuff. I support any, and everyone to call her Vee-bb. The fact that she's a burlesque dancer really only plays into this...

Sorry not sorry.

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 02:01:36 PM
Okay. So. Look at Vivi's initials. V.B.B. Say that quickly. VBB. Vee-bee-bee. Like... bb. That slang thing internet kids call their people. Yanno the one. "Tits bb." "Nudes bb." And other such stuff. I support any, and everyone to call her Vee-bb. The fact that she's a burlesque dancer really only plays into this...

Sorry not sorry.

I will poison you. Slowly. "Some men just can't hold their arsenic."

Dragon points if you know the reference.

VonDoom

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 02:01:36 PM
So... Virgil Jiang? I'll change the stuff.

Hmm. Well, I was planning to change the last name, too, but ... hmm. Well, now I'm indecisive. I'll give it some more thought and we'll see about it when I get my application done, probably tomorrow.

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 02:01:36 PMOkay. So. Look at Vivi's initials. V.B.B. Say that quickly. VBB. Vee-bee-bee. Like... bb. That slang thing internet kids call their people. Yanno the one. "Tits bb." "Nudes bb." And other such stuff. I support any, and everyone to call her Vee-bb. The fact that she's a burlesque dancer really only plays into this...

Clearly I'm turning into an old fogey who's no longer 'hip'. I'm not familiar with this 'bb' thing.

O&O

Josietta

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 01:19:27 PM

While theoretically it would keep your thread "on top " the chatter buries important answers to questions that others may have as well as updated character composition changes, setting, adding that photography or art us allowed and the like.

Speaking from personal experience as a player and a GM the chatter can also make things overwhelming (finding answers or asking questions) and intimidating  (fie would be players).  I'm already a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of info presented, add to that having to dig to find updated info in this thread just gets frustrating and puts me off on making a character.

But that's just my 2 pennies.

I'm still unsure of a character concept let alone looking at the character sheet.  :(

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Amarlo

Quote from: VonDoom on September 20, 2015, 02:00:24 PM
Well, I originally named him Vincent Jiang, with Virgil as the nickname. I hadn't narrowed it down yet, but since I want an English name now, I'll be going with his father as American, his mother Chinese.

Vincent "Virgil" Rafferty? Pierson? Pierce? Reynolds?

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 20, 2015, 02:03:34 PM
I will poison you. Slowly. "Some men just can't hold their arsenic."

Dragon points if you know the reference.

He had it comin' >.> He had it comin' all alooong.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on September 20, 2015, 02:05:40 PM
Hmm. Well, I was planning to change the last name, too, but ... hmm. Well, now I'm indecisive. I'll give it some more thought and we'll see about it when I get my application done, probably tomorrow.
Luckily for us, I can edit stuff free as many times as I want. So I mean, so long as you don't go changing it post submission... You're probably in the clear.

Quote from: VonDoom on September 20, 2015, 02:05:40 PM
Clearly I'm turning into an old fogey who's no longer 'hip'. I'm not familiar with this 'bb' thing.
Go to any cam girl site ever. Watch the chat for 15 minutes. You'll see it.

As a disclaimer I do not know this because I spend a bunch of time on cam girl sites, but rather I know several girls who are cam girl. It universally drives them all crazy. >.>

Quote from: Josietta on September 20, 2015, 02:06:36 PM
While theoretically it would keep your thread "on top " the chatter buries important answers to questions that others may have as well as updated character composition changes, setting, adding that photography or art us allowed and the like.

Speaking from personal experience as a player and a GM the chatter can also make things overwhelming (finding answers or asking questions) and intimidating  (fie would be players).  I'm already a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of info presented, add to that having to dig to find updated info in this thread just gets frustrating and puts me off on making a character.
This is why I only half want to keep it here. However, all of those changes have also been added to the main GM notes section for just that reason. I didn't want anything to get lost for anyone who was looking at the posts late. I get where you're coming from though, and I think once we've got a couple more sheets up we'll probably pop over to an OOC chat for that reason.

Quote from: Josietta on September 20, 2015, 02:06:36 PM
I'm still unsure of a character concept let alone looking at the character sheet.  :(
You've got plenty of time. -Snugs- I wasn't even sure if you were going to be able to actually make it to play.

Caehlim

My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.