News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Glory of the Federation. (In need of players)

Started by Lustful Bride, February 08, 2015, 12:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

‘For the Everlasting Glory of the Federation.’

These are the final words that every Terran Federation citizen says in their oath to their enlistment in the Terran Federal military. Whether by conscription or by choice. These loyal Humans (and some aliens who have seen the light) swear undying loyalty to The Federation from all enemies, both Foreign and Domestic. The will not tolerate anyone who threatens the federation and have stormed beaches, liberated planets and even fought their own government in order to secure freedom and security for Humans everywhere.

It is only a shame that the devotion and sacrifice of Terran soldiers is abused by the Terran leadership. In truth the Terran Federation has been expanding and taking control of systems forcefully from any aliens that the Federation leadership feels could be a threat.

Sadly another alien race capable of space travel has been discovered and does not wish to play ball with the Federation's demands, as thus the calls to arms has been sent out by the corrupt leadership as htus they must be conquered and brought under the control of the Terran Federation, as much for t heir own good as is for the Humans. As always the leadership claims this is just another step towards the goal of Eternal Peace, which can only be achieved, through power.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking for people interested, including a GM, for a group role play in which the Human Federation is the aggressor. Invading planets, and subjugating other alien life.

Something more from the stormtrooper's perspective, so to speak

Standard Terran Soldier Rifle: L2-A2 Laser rifle.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Terran Dropship: The Copperhead, A VTOL craft capable of atmospheric entry.

History: The Federation was formed after a failed invasion of Earth in 2025 led to a technological and scientific boom. The invaders were a desperate insect race who were at the end of their rope, having travelled through the vacuum of space and in desperate need of water and other resources to prevent their own extinction, so they stopped on Earth and attempted to take the water from the less advanced natives in order to ensure their own survival, but their lack of resources proved to be their downfall. After the First Alien War, the world knew that it would not be able to fight off an invasion unless unified. Thus The Terran Federation was born, originally built out of the UN Security Council, until it deemed the UN obsolete and a danger to Terran security, eventually convincing many countries to be part of the Federation, and conquering those that would not.

The rest, they say, is history.

Leadership: The Federation is run jointly by a President and a council of planetary governors, one from each world, even the Client Race worlds. The President has a limit of 3 terms, each of 3 Earth years, but during times of war\emergency, he or she may gain one extra year.

The current Federation President is in his second term and seen as a progressive or an 'alien appeaser' by some. Due to making nice and giving reparations to the client Races, as well as allowing them to sing their own anthems rather than being made to sing that of The Federation. Though he is more than happy to make nice with the Client Races already serving the Federation, he is now eager declare war on another alien race in order to gain resources and strengthen the power of Earth and its colonies. And to secure his place in history, to be immortalized and remembered for generations onwards.

---------------------------------------------

CS

Name:

Appearance: (Insert photo or description.) (A drawn photo or a picture of a real person is fine. I don't care which you use)

Species:(Human or client race of the Federation)

Personality: (How does he/she act.)

Bio: (His/her Backstory.)

Caehlim

This looks like a really interesting idea. Not sure if I'd be able to get involved, but I like the look of it and I'll keep an eye with how things go.

My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Caehlim on February 08, 2015, 04:31:04 AM
This looks like a really interesting idea. Not sure if I'd be able to get involved, but I like the look of it and I'll keep an eye with how things go.

Hahaha, that was a big inspiration.  ;D

Ollumhammersong

I'm not necessarily joining this (though I am not against the idea.)

But This is what your 'storm trooper' armour needs to look like.

http://postimg.org/image/eykggd87x/

If that doesn't scream Faceless military Authoritarian Regime then nothing does.
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Lustful Bride

Remember to support your Federation soldiers, they fight the alien menace, so that you don't have to.

Lustful Bride

(Yes i am now including aliens. And yes I am uncreative when it comes to other species.  :P)

Client Races: Those lucky few aliens have been given the honor of joining The Federation

Client Race: The Asari.

Asari: Long lived blue skinned Humanoids who were among the first race to be subjugated by The Federation. They have been part of the Federation for 120 years, some of them remember what it was like before they gave up the Sovereignty of their worlds to the Federation, some are now growing up knowing only the Federation and the status quo of being 2nd Class citizens to the Humans.

Client Race: The Tarisk.

Tarisk: The Tarisk are a humanoid race that first encountered the federation as they spread from their home solar system. It was while they were working to set up their first colony in the system that a federation ship was spotted in system. While the initial contact was not violent and a dialogue was even opened up, it became clear that they would not be able to come to an agreement with the federation that would let them retain their freedom they started gearing up for war.

As they fortified their home system as best as they could it did not take long before negotiations fell apart and the first shots were fired. The Tarisk ships were no match for the more advanced war ships of the federation and were quickly defeated. But despite this the Tarisk fought bravely, on each planet that the federation conquered they were made to pay for each inch of land they took. While the Tarisk did not have as many soldiers, ships or weapons as The Federation or as advanced technology, the ingenuity of the Tarski proved itself when even when the Federation was beating them in the war, the Tarisk were able to maintain a strong war machine, not one soldier in their army was lacking in his or her equipment.

In the later stages of the fight when the Tarisk were contemplation using nuclear weapons on the surfaces of their planets and retreating to large underground cities that had been built during a civil war the decision was made to surrender and attempt to save their species in the long run.

After their surrender the federation feared rebellion from the Tarisk and in an attempt to make them more open to Federation control, the Federation initiated a project of reapairing all the war damage to Tarisk worlds (A very costly program) and ensured that the Federation soldiers on their worlds were on their best behavior. After the damage was repaired and the Tarisk were able, their worlds were changed over to massive factory worlds, building weapons, technology and ships for the Federation.

And recently, the Federation passed a bill to allow the Tarisk to be able to enlist into the Federation and become citizens.

Other races:
Anything Humanoid is shown abit more respect than the none humanoid aliens, those are usually exterminated or kept under a tighter grip by the Federation. Those who are lucky enough to be Client Races (such as the Asari) are able to become Federation citizens by serving in the military or doing some other good service in the name of the Fed. This will make it easier for them to do many things and is a good incentive to get more aliens working for the Federation when they see the benefits that others are getting by serving their masters.

Fluff: Interspecies (human/non human) relationships are frowned upon on some Terran worlds while others either don't care or approve of it. It depends on what world you are on. The current Federation President is actually in favor of those relationships, though only as a political move to help ensure xeno loyalty to the Federation.

* Client race worlds are run by a local governor elected by the people/ native species of that world, but that governor still only has limited power and cannot say anything overly negative of the Federation.

Yes you can now play as non humans. Though only in limited numbers. Also just because I have Asari here, does not mean this is a Crossover. I just don't have the creativity to make new species and factions for the universe I created.

Ollumhammersong

So just to be clear this isn't a mass-effect crossover? we would just be stealing that particular race?

I am fine with stealing the race as I hate cross-overs but understand from my own worldbuilding experience sometimes there are ideas out there too good not to 'borrow'
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Ollumhammersong on February 08, 2015, 02:05:50 PM
So just to be clear this isn't a mass-effect crossover? we would just be stealing that particular race?

I am fine with stealing the race as I hate cross-overs but understand from my own worldbuilding experience sometimes there are ideas out there too good not to 'borrow'

Yes we are just borrowing them, because I suuuuuccckkkkkkkkk at drawing and creating brand new species and such. Which is why I asked for a GM so that perhaps someone smarter than me could handle more of the world building than I.  :'(

IrishWolf

Maybe its because I love 40k and have been reading Humanity Fuck Yeah stories recently but Hell Yeah, lets go conquer some xeno scum!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: IrishWolf on February 08, 2015, 09:06:32 PM
Maybe its because I love 40k and have been reading Humanity Fuck Yeah stories recently but Hell Yeah, lets go conquer some xeno scum!

Hell yeah!  ;D What would you like to be? GM co-gm or just a player?

Frelance

Quote from: Caehlim on February 08, 2015, 04:31:04 AM

Thats a perfect song for this. With that I am interested either as a human soldier or a token xeno soldier allowed into the federation army.
Evolution is an arms race

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Frelance on February 09, 2015, 05:35:31 AM
Thats a perfect song for this. With that I am interested either as a human soldier or a token xeno soldier allowed into the federation army.

I have now added a character sheet. I will say that 3 races have been conquered by the Federation (that are humanoid and allowed to serve in the Federal military) so aside from the Asari you all can pick 2 other species just PM me the info on them and I will add them in.

IrishWolf

Quote from: Lustful Bride on February 08, 2015, 10:15:29 PM
Hell yeah!  ;D What would you like to be? GM co-gm or just a player?

I'll throw in as co-gm.

Couple questions for you,

Do you want more veterans or recent recruits?

Are our characters going to be in standard cannon fodder regiment or something cooler, like Grenadiers or Stormtroopers or something?

What are you views on biomechanical prosthetics?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: IrishWolf on February 09, 2015, 09:39:29 AM
I'll throw in as co-gm.

Couple questions for you,

Do you want more veterans or recent recruits?

Are our characters going to be in standard cannon fodder regiment or something cooler, like Grenadiers or Stormtroopers or something?

What are you views on biomechanical prosthetics?

Prosthetics: They are common and an accepted part of society.

Units: A bit of a mix of them would be good.

Our characters are going to be standard grunts but not cannon fodder. Human lives should not be wasted in such a way.  >:)

We have aliens for that.

Frelance

I am going to work on a character in the next day or so. Also i have an idea for one of the an alien client race that i will pm it to you when i have a decdnt idea for them written up.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Frelance on February 11, 2015, 05:20:26 AM
I am going to work on a character in the next day or so. Also i have an idea for one of the an alien client race that i will pm it to you when i have a decdnt idea for them written up.

PM it to me when you have it written up and I ill take a look.  :-)

Frelance

Are we going with federal service equals citizenship? Or is it just to show loyalty to the federation?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Frelance on February 11, 2015, 06:05:40 PM
Are we going with federal service equals citizenship? Or is it just to show loyalty to the federation?

Abit of both. You get more rights as a Citizen serving the Federation Vs. Those of civilians.

Frelance

Sweetn i have always liked that idea.

I cant stop listening to its a good day to die lol.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Frelance on February 11, 2015, 08:11:30 PM
Sweetn i have always liked that idea.

I cant stop listening to its a good day to die lol.

Same, hopefully we can get more players.  ;D

Frelance

Lustful Bride

After some thinking I have come to the decision that a player may also play as a war correspondent or Federation reporter taking in the news of the war from the front if anyone is interested in such a thing.

Just be sure to stay safe.

EDIT: It could be interesting if the reporter is from one of the Client Races.

Primarch