The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liu Bao Yu

OK I have the first stab of Monet's card. (I'll post that next)  I was tempted with the following images, which are at the opposite end of the spectrum...but went with a more prosaic one
http://worldofblackheroes.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/426964-gom_monet_.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5bskd6rbu1qbfrpro1_r1_500.jpg

I don't have the social web sorted yet. I've put the ones I know about

Just as an aside: the character I married in the previous game was 'Longshot'. Lady Luck is (as far as I can see) a female Longshot...

My contribution to the 'GM Prompts'
At the recent European Summit on Third World Aid, Monet detected and defeated a dire wraith.

The Communal Canon:
I'm sorry I don't understand what to do here

Useful backstory stuff from the prompts:
QuoteJubilee and Monet are complete opposites -- Jubilee an immature California mall-rat, and Monet an intellectual, high-society girl. However, it gets more complicated. Early in the series, Monet was actually the twins. As Monet, the twins constantly bumped heads with Jubilee. But the TRUE Monet, inside Penance's body, was actually friends with Jubilee! She was the closest thing to a friend "Penance" had. But when the twins finally traded places with their sister, and the true Monet returned to her rightful body, the rivalry between Jubilee and Monet remained. In fact, it got so heated, the two duked it out in a one-on-one fight! As they fought, Monet explained to Jubilee that hating Jubilee comes natural to her, and during her time as Penance, she felt Jubilee treated her like a pet. Jubilee assures Monet that next time she messes with her, she's really going to get it.

Liu Bao Yu

• Real Name Monet Yvette Clarisse Maria Therese St. Croix
  • Affiliation X-Factor Investigations; formerly Generation X, X-Corps, X-Corporation (Paris branch)
  • Height 5' 7"
  • Weight 125 lbs (57 kg)

Powers Monet St. Croix is a mutant with a wide variety of mutant powers at superhuman levels and representing a near-perfect human being.

• Superhuman Strength: 10 tons.
  • Superhuman Speed
  • Superhuman Stamina
  • Invulnerability
  • Superhuman Agility
  • Superhuman Reflexes
  • Healing Factor
  • Enhanced Senses: Telescopic and night visions, hearing.
  • Superhuman Intuitive Ability: Genius, Accelerated learning Analyzing multiple information and operating machinery, Eidetic memory Read at superhuman speeds, and incredible deductive and reasoning skills.
  • Flight: At least 800 MPH.
  • Telepathy:Project her thoughts into the minds of others and defensively mask her mind against telepathic intrusion. Illusion casting. Memory wiping. The range of her telepathy is generally limited to just a few feet.
  • Ability to perceive mutants' auras

Skills: Formidable in Hand to hand combat. Intelligence is beyond genius level. Can pick up any skill or language quickly. Uses computers and electronic devices with ease

Monet's Social Web:
I'll need to time to think on this...
Wolverine: Good guy to have on your side in a fight. Bad guy to be running a school *slaps hand on head in disbelief*
Rogue: 
Banshee:  Respect. He was my teacher. And saved my life: getting me to hospital in time
Wyldecat: 
Lady Luck:  Interest.
Colossus:  Good friend. Have fought many bad guys together.
Nightcrawler: Good friend. Also have fought many bad guys together.
Iceman: 
Druid:

Imogen

Mistress of the Elements: Storm
Group Affiliation:X-men, Wakanda, Morlocks, Fantastic Four
Height:
5'11"
Weight: 127 lbs.
Arch-Enemies: Shadowking, Dr Doom, Emma Frost
Nickname:none

Powers:
Flight
Weather control
Control over the elements
Energy sight
Resistant to Temperature Extremes
Resistant to Telepaths

Skills:
Diplomatic skills
Thieving skills (lockpicking, pick-pocket)
Experienced Strategist
Gifted hand-to-hand fighter (trained by Achmed el-Gibar, Professor X, Wolverine and T'Challa)
Excellent marksman with handguns
Proficient in the use of knives
Fluent in Russian, Arabic and Swahili
Botany

Bio:
When Storm is six years old a plane crashes on the building the Munroe family lives in. Storm survives but is buried under the rubble, which leads to her developing claustrophobia. She is taken under the wing of street lord Achmed el-Gibar who teaches her to become a thief. When she is a teenager Storm travels to the Serengeti where she meets the Black Panther. Although there is a strong attraction they part ways and Storm joins the X-men. After several years Storm and T'Challa rekindle their relationship and marry. As Queen of Wakanda Storm misses the excitement. She returns to the USA where she rejoins the X-men and divides her time between her duties as an X-man and representing Wakanda in diplomatic affairs.

Storm's social web:
Wolverine: friend, ally
Rogue: friend, confidante
Banshee: respected
Colossus: trusted X-man
Iceman: trusted X-man
Wyldecat: friendly
LadyLuck: friendly
Nightcrawler: friend/trusted ally
Druid: friendly
Armor: neutral
Shade: cautious neutral

Canon Plot Point:
Storm and a group of X-men stopped a group of unknown mutants, presumably underlings of the Shadow King, from abducting the Wakandan Embassador.

Game Plot Point:
Storm walks a diplomatic tightrope as Senior Staff of the X-men, who are often demonized in the media, and Queen of Wakanda. Also, she is an X-man of long standing while her husband used to be part of the Avengers.
Storm is also the leader of the Morlocks.

Communal Canon:
Storm has participated in the search for Professor Xavier and she was present for the Morlock attack. (She will be actively looking for Callisto to get some answers)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Pumpkin Seeds

Geez..go to work and you guys killed all the bad guys!

PhantomPistoleer

Imogen, Steve -- great job!  Imogen, I will need to PM you about some ideas I had for Storm. :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Liu Bao Yu

I picked a really crap name. It's stave not steve. This is a city of heroes character name *sniffs as she remembers the end of many happy years*. It was a staff / darkness stalker. So stave escura is Portuguese (I do capoeira) for dark staff. Being naive I didn't realise how in appropriate a name that is on an adult website for a girl... Maybe I can say it's my strap-on?? *blushes a bit: still not used to talking about sex like this*

I'd quit and make another account but i's against the EULA *shrugs*

So importantly, what is the communal cannon? And how do we contribute? Is there a list of all the characters you want on the social web anywhere?

Ember Star

Quote from: StaveEscura on July 11, 2013, 10:48:54 AM
I picked a really crap name. It's stave not steve. This is a city of heroes character name *sniffs as she remembers the end of many happy years*. It was a staff / darkness stalker. So stave escura is Portuguese (I do capoeira) for dark staff. Being naive I didn't realise how in appropriate a name that is on an adult website for a girl... Maybe I can say it's my strap-on?? *blushes a bit: still not used to talking about sex like this*

I'd quit and make another account but i's against the EULA *shrugs*

So importantly, what is the communal cannon? And how do we contribute? Is there a list of all the characters you want on the social web anywhere?
if you pm a staff member they can change your name. But you only get one change. I joined as "EvilChocolateSpaceKitten" o.o
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Liu Bao Yu

Well I'm going to be doing that. Thanks.

What's wrong with EvilChocolateSpaceKitten?

Ember Star

Quote from: StaveEscura on July 11, 2013, 11:59:41 AM
Well I'm going to be doing that. Thanks.

What's wrong with EvilChocolateSpaceKitten?
Once I was approved it sounded too evil, too sexual, and too childish all in one. Plus I go by Ember just about everywhere else so when people started calling me Evil or Kitten I was like "wut? o.o"
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Kokaine

Okay so after taking a look at the cast we have so far, and because I am clearly a glutton for punishment, I am submitting a second OC. *shakes fist at Pumpkin for getting her into this* I'm fine if you want us to wait a bit but here she is anyway so she can at least be in the back of your mind.

Hacker Extraordinaire: Data Witch
Group Affiliation: X-Men
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135
Arch-Enemies: None
Nickname: Livi, L1v1.L0v3 (online handle/gamer tag)

Powers:
  • Electromagnetism Manipulation - can perceive, understand, and manipulate electromagnetic waves, though at this time her abilities center on radio and micro waves. Other wavelengths can be seen and even manipulated at random times, hinting at possible opportunity for expansion of this ability, but it has yet to be done with any sort of reliability.
  • Cyberpathy - can control, manipulate, and even generate electronic, digital, and radio transmissions without accessing any standard source of communication so that she is in essence a living wireless hub/computer.
  • Cybernetic Mind – able to process information faster than an average person and perform multiple mental tasks simultaneously. She also has enhanced memory that allows her to transfer, store, or delete memories and information as she chooses.
  • Limited Telepathy – can communicate with others who have the ability to "talk" to technology or are telepathic themselves in some form. Distance depends on the strength of the other person's ability to perceive her communication but is usually short distances.
  • Mental shields – she has extremely high resistance to psionic attacks.
Skills:

• Olympic level talent in Gymnastics and Swimming
  • Competent in hand to hand combat
  • Hacking
  • Computer Programming
  • Surveillance
  • Pretty much anything to do with computers
  • Absolutely kick ass in video games
Bio: Coming from a well to do family in the public eye, Olivia grew up with every facet of her life seemingly under a microscope. She had to be perfect at everything and never do a single thing to draw unwanted attention or suspicion to their family. As a politician with aspirations of running for Presidency one day, her father demanded that their family had to be above reproach. That lifestyle began to chafe quickly but Livi did her best to be the daughter her father wanted. At least, until her powers manifested.

Livi was 7 the first time she woke up to a world of colorful waves and transmissions that all fought for her attention and her first few months were full of headaches and blackouts. When the doctors could find nothing that could be responsible for her problems medication seemed to become the option of choice. However, rather than risk what that might do to her, Olivia decided to be brave and tell her parents what the real problem was. Less than a week after revealing the onset of her powers Livi was shipped off to join the rest of the mutants at the mansion while her parents, brother, and sister continued living their picture perfect life as the ideal American family.

It was a slap in the face to her, being shipped off that way, but though she felt utterly abandoned by her own flesh and blood Olivia quickly found a home among the other students at the mansion. She did her best to soak up all the knowledge available to her while also training hard to be sure that she wouldn't be a complete liability in combat. She is just now completing her first master's degree at the urging of a few of the others since it wasn't much of a priority for her considering she wants nothing more than to be an official X-Man. After all, she has nothing waiting for her out in the world, her whole life is the mutants she's come to love and trust.

Canon:
  • Feeling that she can sometimes be a liability, Olivia has been working with [insert name] to figure out a way to expand her electromagnetic perception to be able to understand and manipulate other wavelengths in the spectrum such as infra-red or visible light which would allow her to develop offensive powers.
GM Prompts:
  • TBD
Attributes

Intelligence: 5
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Durability: 2
Energy Projection: 6
Fighting Ability: 4
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kokaine on July 12, 2013, 12:16:11 AM
Okay so after taking a look at the cast we have so far, and because I am clearly a glutton for punishment, I am submitting a second OC. *shakes fist at Pumpkin for getting her into this* I'm fine if you want us to wait a bit but here she is anyway so she can at least be in the back of your mind.

Hacker Extraordinaire: Data Witch
Group Affiliation: X-Men
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135
Arch-Enemies: None
Nickname: Livi, L1v1.L0v3 (online handle/gamer tag)

Powers:
  • Electromagnetism Manipulation - can perceive, understand, and manipulate electromagnetic waves, though at this time her abilities center on radio and micro waves. Other wavelengths can be seen and even manipulated at random times, hinting at possible opportunity for expansion of this ability, but it has never been done with any reliability.
  • Cyberpathy - can control, manipulate, and even generate electronic, digital, and radio transmissions without accessing any standard source of communication so that she is in essence a living wireless hub/computer.
  • Cybernetic Mind – able to process information faster than an average person and perform multiple mental tasks simultaneously. She also has enhanced memory that allows her to transfer, store, or delete memories and information as she chooses.
  • Limited Telepathy – can communicate with others who have the ability to "talk" to technology or are telepathic themselves in some form. Distance depends on the strength of the other person's ability to perceive her communication but is usually short distances.
  • Mental shields – she has extremely high resistance to psionic attacks.
Skills:

• Olympic level talent in Gymnastics and Swimming
  • Competent in hand to hand combat
  • Hacking
  • Computer Programming
  • Surveillance
  • Pretty much anything to do with computers
  • Absolutely kick ass in video games
Bio: Coming from a well to do family in the public eye, Olivia grew up with every facet of her life seemingly under a microscope. She had to be perfect at everything and never do a single thing to draw unwanted attention or suspicion to their family. As a politician with aspirations of running for Presidency one day, her father demanded that their family had to be above reproach. That lifestyle began to chafe quickly but Livi did her best to be the daughter her father wanted. At least, until her powers manifested.

Livi was 7 the first time she woke up to a world of colorful waves and transmissions that all fought for her attention and her first few months were full of headaches and blackouts. When the doctors could find nothing that could be responsible for her problems medication seemed to become the option of choice. However, rather than risk what that might do to her, Olivia decided to be brave and tell her parents what the real problem was. Less than a week after the onset of her powers Livi was shipped off to join the rest of the mutants while her parents, her brother, and her sister continued living their picture perfect life.

It was a slap in the face to her but though she felt abandoned Olivia quickly found a home among the other students at the mansion. She did her best to soak up all the knowledge available to her while also training hard to be sure that she wouldn't be a complete liability in combat as she wanted nothing more than to be an official X-Man. After all, she had nothing waiting for her out in the world, her whole life was the mutants she'd come to love and trust.

Canon:
  • Feeling that she can sometimes be a liability, Olivia has been working with [insert name] to figure out a way to her electromagnetic perception to be able to understand and manipulate other wavelengths in the spectrum such as infra-red or visible light which would allow her to develop offensive powers.
GM Prompts:
  • TBD
Attributes

Intelligence: 5
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Durability: 2
Energy Projection: 6
Fighting Ability: 4

Kokaine, if you made 30 characters for one of my games, you would not hear me complain.  :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

By that logic, any less than 15 would disappoint him.  Quit screwing around and write up some more.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Ember Star

Damn it! That character pretty much has Claire's abilities. Now I have to come up with something different *grumbles*

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ember Star on July 12, 2013, 12:29:42 AM
Damn it! That character pretty much has Claire's abilities. Now I have to come up with something different *grumbles*

I will be creating an OC shortly, too. :)

Ember!  You know, having more than one attractive techie isn't so horrible, you know.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

Ember, you could try making her a partial technopath and partial telepath if that helps, that way there is some overlap but not a complete copy of powers.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Kokaine

Quote from: Ember Star on July 12, 2013, 12:29:42 AM

Ack! Sorry :(

It was a character I had in a different X-Men game and I thought she might fit in over here. Didn't mean to Ninja your ideas, honest!

Also, Livi can't directly interface with hardware/hardlines. Its all wireless communication for her so maybe your girl could take the other half of the spectrum and do direct interfacing? Just an idea.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Ember Star

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 12, 2013, 12:30:41 AM
I will be creating an OC shortly, too. :)
That's not what I meant, damn it. Claire IS a OC. The DataCat, same teacher character I had in the other group. Now half of what makes her, her, Kckolbe character has. All because I haven't had time to reformat my profile. Now I'm not sure if I even want to go through the trouble of reformatting or making another character to join. My own fault for not making time for it.

kckolbe

Quote from: Ember Star on July 12, 2013, 12:36:23 AM
Now half of what makes her, her, Kckolbe character has.

What I typed above was an idea for you, not something I am using.  I will only be playing Banshee and possible "red shirts".

Intro Thread

Ember Star

Quote from: Kokaine on July 12, 2013, 12:36:06 AM
Ack! Sorry :(

It was a character I had in a different X-Men game and I thought she might fit in over here. Didn't mean to Ninja your ideas, honest!

Also, Livi can't directly interface with hardware/hardlines. Its all wireless communication for her so maybe your girl could take the other half of the spectrum and do direct interfacing? Just an idea.
No. I've had her 2 or 3 years and I'm not suddenly limiting her abilities like that.

Ember Star

Her profile is in my O/O if you wanna see it. Claire DaVinci, towards the bottom

Kokaine

My O/Os

PhantomPistoleer

I understand you're frustrated, Ember.  But it really isn't Kokaine's fault.  It's no one's really.

I am sorry that you're disappointed about it.  I don't really feel like it's a huge issue to have two women with the same powers.  It's even handy, really -- what, with everyone split up all the time.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

doodasaurus

Indeed, some characters already have powers with near identical effects.  Like Armor and Juggernaut.

Batman4560

Im a big fan of similar powers in groups, I hope to see Magma pop up in the game before all is said and done.