▸▸ℍeavy Metal Magellan◂◂ free-form, original mech roleplay (full)

Started by Saria, September 16, 2015, 10:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 22, 2015, 08:02:50 PM
*cough* Hi everyone!  *wavewave*
Hello there, GMC (mind if I call you that, or do you prefer another shortened version of your name?)!
I saw this setting and I find it very interesting.  I love mech video games and I would like to join this group.  However...  I'll admit to being intimidated at the task of building a mech.  The specifications you all put into your mechs is STAGGERING.  Considering English isn't really my native tongue, I might be running around trying to find coherent words to describe complex technical terms.  So to all you gearheds out there...  Help!  ^^;
Not a problem at all.  If you have questions, just ask.  Anyone here is more than willing to help out.   :-)
Also...  Would it acceptable if my character were to have a battle armor?  I think that's what they're called?  The smallest ones available, something akin to the hulkbuster armor in size?  I had thought of a soldier with training comparable to the First Special Service Force of World War II.  His specialty would be stealth, infiltration and so on.  Naturally his mech would never be nearly as powerful as larger models but maybe he would have advantages of being fast, agile and silent?  Maybe some kind of light-refraction device to make it really hard to catch him on radar or even just looking at him on an open field?  I thought of a visual effect comparable to the predator's cloaking field...
No problem at all!  At the moment, Karma's character is the only one with a Battle Armor, though it is extremely unique in the fact that it becomes almost a Light Mech.  So, another Battle Armor would be welcomed, especially one that focuses on speed, agility, and stealth.
...or is that just too much?  Please let me know, as I don't want to give the impression of being munchkin.  :)
From what I can see, the concept is good.  I can't wait to see how you further expand upon it.   :-)
And I didn't imagine this character as actually being a decorated war hero or some kind of super-important officer.  I saw him as being more of a scout and a survivalist, akin to John Rambo of First Blood (in the sense of him actually having to walk INTO the enemy base and grabbing some enormous machine of destruction rather than starting out with it), and not as John Rambo of Rambo III, where he single-handedly destroyed the Red Army in Afghanistan.  He would be an ambush fighter, guerilla tactics, survival, trying to capture enemy gear, etc.  He would not have much in the way of a full-on assault, since he's wearing the mech equivalent of a kevlar vest and a nice helmet.
That makes sense.  Someone with guerilla skills would be most appreciated.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Saria

Another battle armour would be good. I could whip up some missions that would require the battle armours to slip into a base/town/whatever, and strike from within while the big mechs attack from the outside.

Having a diverse bunch of mechs is exciting!
Saria is no longer on Elliquiy, and no longer available for games

Giantmutantcrab

oh no, GMC, Crab, Crabby, it's all good. :)

I'll try to have something up today, concerning the character at least. How different is this world from ours? If I say "my dude went to Brazil on vacation", did he get to go to beaches, enjoy Carnival, see Christ the Redeemer, etc?

Or is there a history/background I can read through? To have an idea of who is fighting who, what organisations are controlling the world, where are the major battle lines drawn, etc.

King Serperior

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 23, 2015, 07:00:10 AM
oh no, GMC, Crab, Crabby, it's all good. :)
Alright, that's good to know.   :-)
I'll try to have something up today, concerning the character at least. How different is this world from ours? If I say "my dude went to Brazil on vacation", did he get to go to beaches, enjoy Carnival, see Christ the Redeemer, etc?

Or is there a history/background I can read through? To have an idea of who is fighting who, what organisations are controlling the world, where are the major battle lines drawn, etc.
I would like to think that this is a somewhat alternate version of Earth.  It's been many, many years, so not every country, state, or boundary is the same.  Heck, even names have changed.  There's really no history/background that one can read.  Saria may provide better answers than I could.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Giantmutantcrab

So it's something a little more fast, wild and loose then "THIS IS THE HISTORY OF OUR GAME.  YOU WILL LEARN THIS.  YOU WILL LOVE THIS.  YOU WILL KNOW IT BY HEART."  Cool.

Oh, another question.  How small can a battle armor be?  Can it be like, power-armor small?  Like, Iron Man-style armor small (the regular suits I mean, not the Iron Giant or Warmonger or Hulkbuster)?  Or is there a minimum level of bulk required for it to actually be efficient and not a flashy, expensive piece of body armor with lights on it.

King Serperior

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 23, 2015, 10:15:02 AM
So it's something a little more fast, wild and loose then "THIS IS THE HISTORY OF OUR GAME.  YOU WILL LEARN THIS.  YOU WILL LOVE THIS.  YOU WILL KNOW IT BY HEART."  Cool.
Somewhat, but less overly wild and loose than that.
Oh, another question.  How small can a battle armor be?  Can it be like, power-armor small?  Like, Iron Man-style armor small (the regular suits I mean, not the Iron Giant or Warmonger or Hulkbuster)?  Or is there a minimum level of bulk required for it to actually be efficient and not a flashy, expensive piece of body armor with lights on it.
This here is not only the Character Sheet code, but the approximate weights of the mechs.  The maximum weight of a Battle Armor is about 5 tons or so.  I would say the minimum weight is about a half ton to a ton, give or take.  It depends on what sort of weapons and armor one utilizes. 
Quote from: King Serperior on September 18, 2015, 09:54:11 AM
For the character and mech creation rules, there are actually some.  They're right here:

[float=right][img height=300 padding=10]INSERT CHARACTER IMAGE URL[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Rank:[/b]  [i]Military or civilian[/i]
[b]Role:[/b] 
[b]Nicknames:[/b]  [i]If any[/i]
[b]Callsign:[/b]  [i]If any[/i]
[b]Age:[/b] 
[b]Gender:[/b] 
[b]Sexuality:[/b] 
[b]Height:[/b] 
[b]Weight:[/b] 
[b]Eyes:[/b] 
[b]Hair:[/b] 
[b]Skin:[/b] 
[b]Physique:[/b] 
[b]Distinguishing Marks:[/b] 

[b]Appearance:[/b]  [i]Anything the picture doesn't show.[/i]

[b]Bio:[/b]  [i]Brief biography of character[/i]

[b]Equipment/Gear (Grabbed before entering the Mech's Storage Container):[/b]  [i]Items grabbed before everything is jettisoned[/i]

[hr]

[float=left][img height=300 padding=10]INSERT MECH IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Chassis:[/b]  [i]Mech Frame[/i]
[b]Model:[/b]  [i]If it is a standard-issue mech, name the model;  If it is a custom design, just leave it as 'Custom'[/i]
[b]Weight Class:[/b]  [i]Battle Armor, Light, Medium, Heavy, or Colossal[/i]
[b]Weight:[/b]  [i]Mech Weight (List weight with standard layout and maximum carry weight)[/i]
[b]Height:[/b] [i]Mech Height[/i]
[b]Top Speed:[/b]  [i]Mech's top speed under standard layout[/i]
[b]Mech Name:[/b]  [i]If the mech is named, list it;  If it has a callsign instead, list that.[/i]
[b]Armaments (Standard Layout):[/b]  [i]List the mech's standard weapon systems;  Each system should be noted as fixed or not (I.E. can it be removed and replaced with another weapon?);  Basically, the weapons that the mech starts with.[/i]

[b]Armaments (Non-Standard):[/b]  [i]List any additional and/or replaced weapons on the mech.[/i]

[b]Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard):[/b]  [i]Anything that isn't a weapons system (I.E. adaptive camouflage, jump jets, Advanced targeting systems, ect); Note whether they are standard or nonstandard.[/i]

[b]Strengths:[/b]  [i]List at least three things this mech excels at, both in and out of combat (I.E. Hands, mobility, armor, ect)[/i]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]  [i]List at least three things this mech has difficulty with both in and out of combat (I.E. Very loud, slow reload/recharging weapons, limited mobility. ect)[/i]

[b]Overall Description:[/b]  [i]A short, detailed description of the mech that the picture doesn't show.[/i]

[b]Equipment/Gear:[/b]  [i]Gear that is stored in the mech's cockpit[/i]

As you can see in the Mech CS part, it talks about weight class.  The weight classes are:  Power/Battle Armor, Light, Medium, Heavy, and Colossal. 
Power/Battle Armor is about the size of the Hulkbuster from the Avengers.  They usually weigh no more than 5 tons. 
Light mechs are about 25-30 tons, give or take. 
Medium mechs are around 50 tons. 
Heavy mechs are around 75 tons. 
Colossal mechs, such as the Ragnarok, are 100+ tons.  For example, Ragnarok weighs in at about 125 tons. 

Mechs that fall under the minimal weight class (I.E. a 60 ton mech) would be classed as Medium.  A mech must weigh at least 75 tons to be classed as Heavy).

Some things to note:  Power/Battle Armor usually can interface with a larger mech, allowing the pilot to take control of it or provide extra firepower and defense.  Doing so while someone is piloting the target mech is usually a very bad idea as an interface attempt with an active mech is liable to throw the smaller one off and cause serious damage.

As for the heights, it really depends on if the mech is a biped or multiped.  A general rule of thumb is that heavier mechs tend to be larger than smaller ones.

As for realism, it will be as realistic as a mech game can be.  Rest assured that this is NOT like any anime.  Mech's get damaged, malfunction, and can be destroyed.  Pilots get hurt or sick or die.  Weapons can overheat and jam and missiles can be duds.

So, in terms of the minimum size for a Battle Armor, it would be about like this:

As you can see, it's a fair bit bulkier than the basic Iron Man suit.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

So that would be something in size comparable to the Mark I "Iron Giant" or one of the Hulkbuster armors, at a bare minimum.  So a very large, massive power armor that adds height and bulk to the person inside.  They might be able to fit into a gigantic mech and pilot it with the battle suit, but they won't really fit in the driver's seat of a car.

Cool, that gives me a great guideline to start hunting for pictures.  Thank you GM-boss-sir!

To be clear, the Arion is smaller than that, but only because it's a highly specialized prototype.

King Serperior

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 23, 2015, 10:32:02 AM
So that would be something in size comparable to the Mark I "Iron Giant" or one of the Hulkbuster armors, at a bare minimum.  So a very large, massive power armor that adds height and bulk to the person inside.  They might be able to fit into a gigantic mech and pilot it with the battle suit, but they won't really fit in the driver's seat of a car.

Cool, that gives me a great guideline to start hunting for pictures.  Thank you GM-boss-sir!
Well, if you rip out the driver's seat of the car, you could possibly fit.....but, yes, that's about right.  And, no problem.  I'm glad to help!

Quote from: Karma on September 23, 2015, 10:38:59 AM
To be clear, the Arion is smaller than that, but only because it's a highly specialized prototype.
Of course.  A prototype always gets an exception.   :D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Apologies for this double post, but I have edited the Rail Gun as per the new data Saria found:

Rail Gun:  Central weapon and main gun, the Rail Gun fires a long piece of hardened Tungsten that is designed to penetrate even through cover.  It can only fire one shot before requiring reloading and requires a three second charge time before firing.  However, once fired, the seven pound projectile travels at speeds that exceed Mach 6, making a direct hit devastating.  It takes 10 seconds (5 with the custom ammo delivery system) to load up a new projectile.  The weapon has an effective range of nearly 30 kilometers (Effective meaning safely firing each projectile without risk of damaging the rails of the weapon), each projectile losing nearly no velocity when it reaches its target.  The Rail Gun has a normally has a total of 100 projectiles, more than eight the number she would ever need in the arena, theoretically anyway.  However, when it was loaded on the transport, the Ragnarok was loaded with it's maximum ammo for all weapons:  600 projectiles (4.2 tons).  Can be removed/change, but not recommended as it's the main weapon.  Angela has the ability to turn off all safety features to allow the Rail Gun to fire at a target nearly 160 kilometers away at speeds that reach near Mach 8, resulting in the complete and total destruction of almost any target.  Doing this, however, means the weapon will be unable to be used again until new rails are added as firing at such power will warp the rails too badly.  It is a last resort tactic that should only be used when there is absolutely no other choice as replacement rails are very difficult to come by.
The bolded part is the new addition.

Also, I heard from Ralhend.  He said that he has no problems with Kiric's and Urbanzorro's characters and mechs.  That means we have three more character sheets to wait on.

Haven spoken with Saria earlier, I think it's safe to say that we will put a deadline for completed character sheets on Friday.  This is because 1).  Thursday is my busy day, so I won't have time to give my thoughts on mechs and characters and 2).  We would like to get things started this weekend.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

Friday?

O_O;

*scribblescribble some notes for a character!*

But...  I haven't seen any kind of history or background.  It'd gonna be tough for me to reference recent military activity in my character's life!

King Serperior

Don't worry too much about those kinds of details.  Take a look at Saria's character and how she referenced some of the military activities going on.  It's safe to say that there have been skirmishes all around.  Worst comes to worst, be creative (but realistic) in past situations for your character.  If there's an issue, we'll let you know.  :)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

Okay!

<So, armed with an m4 and an Under-barrel grenade launcher, was able to defeat entire Red Army single-handedly, while looking ripped as hell throughout the operation.>

That sounds about right!  :)

King Serperior

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 23, 2015, 01:03:57 PM
Okay!

<So, armed with an m4 and an Under-barrel grenade launcher, was able to defeat entire Red Army single-handedly, while looking ripped as hell throughout the operation.>

That sounds about right!  :)
Er, well, I wouldn't call it quite that.  More likely, this 'Red Army' that you're speaking of was part of a base that your character and a group of his comrades were attacking with no avail, so your character sneaked in behind their lines, stole a Battle Armor the opposing group was unable to get running (because they lacked the codes to do so, but your character's forces did) and attacked from the inside where they least expected, giving the rest of the battle group the chance they needed to crush the base.  The reason for saying this is that I highly doubt that an army would be crushed single-handedly by a single Battle Armor, especially one that focuses on stealth.  That kind of story makes more sense when you go by what you were describing earlier:

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 22, 2015, 08:02:50 PM
And I didn't imagine this character as actually being a decorated war hero or some kind of super-important officer.  I saw him as being more of a scout and a survivalist, akin to John Rambo of First Blood (in the sense of him actually having to walk INTO the enemy base and grabbing some enormous machine of destruction rather than starting out with it), and not as John Rambo of Rambo III, where he single-handedly destroyed the Red Army in Afghanistan.  He would be an ambush fighter, guerilla tactics, survival, trying to capture enemy gear, etc.  He would not have much in the way of a full-on assault, since he's wearing the mech equivalent of a kevlar vest and a nice helmet.

Okay, now that I reread this part, I understand what 'Red Army' you were speaking of.  (I've never seen a Rambo movie  >.>) 

Apologies for the rambling.  Today is rather hectic and tomorrow is going to be quite lengthy, so my mind is going in all directions.  D:

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

Oh, it was a joke.  I am sorry that it was a bad one.  -_-

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaitaminute.

You have never seen a Rambo movie?

o.o

O.O

(O).(O)

Ralhend

Quote from: King Serperior on September 23, 2015, 12:20:29 PM
Apologies for this double post, but I have edited the Rail Gun as per the new data Saria found:
The bolded part is the new addition.

Also, I heard from Ralhend.  He said that he has no problems with Kiric's and Urbanzorro's characters and mechs.  That means we have three more character sheets to wait on.

Haven spoken with Saria earlier, I think it's safe to say that we will put a deadline for completed character sheets on Friday.  This is because 1).  Thursday is my busy day, so I won't have time to give my thoughts on mechs and characters and 2).  We would like to get things started this weekend.

Yes, everyones character's looked great :)

Depending on how i feel after work(12 am cst ), I may just make a teaser about my character in his container, and what happens during the incident
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Saria

Yup, no problems! Athena is actually Greek, and Deepika is Indian but she grew up in Canada, so there are already plenty of real world references.

The way I'm picturing the world in my head is that it's basically our world... but, say, 50 years in the future. So all the major landmarks and stuff are there (you know, assuming nobody's torn down or blown up Christ the Redeemer and such), and most of the countries.

The only countries I'd rather people watch out for are the countries in Asia, aaaaand maybe Eastern Europe. Why? Because that's where we're going to be playing, and for the story, all those countries need to be super insanely hostile. That said, it's still okay if you want to talk a little bit about them - I think someone's already mentioned Malaysia, and Deep's background is Indian - but don't get too deep into any lore or background of that area.

I didn't bother to write up a formal history, or actually list the major countries of the world, because I don't figure it will be all that relevant to the 8 or so of us just trying not to get ourselves killed. We're not actually involved in any war, so sides and stuff don't really matter all that much. We're just a small group of people wandering through some very dangerous countries who don't want to die.

But if it helps, I'm basically imagining the world laid out much like how it was during the Cold War, where most of the world was arranged in huge blocs. It keeps things a lot simpler to have like 5 or 6 blocs rather than 100-200 countries.

• Roughly all of the former Soviet Union is the "Ryazan Empire" (Ryazan is really just an ancient name for one of the kingdoms that was eventually absorbed into Russia). That's where we're landing. They are genocidally hostile toward us.
  • Roughly all of China, Mongolia, and the rest of south/south-east Asia is a different bloc, which doesn't have a name yet. They're also hostile to us.
  • Basically all of the Middle East plus India is another bloc. They're also hostile to us (see a trend?).
  • Northern Africa is another bloc. Also hostile.
  • Southern Africa is another bloc. I was thinking they're not actually hostile, but the region is being torn apart by civil war and unrest, so we'd be walking into a grinder if we went there. Only South Africa is relatively safe.
  • Europe is another bloc, but this one is friendly to us.
  • And then there are probably other blocks for North America, South America, and Oceania. They don't really matter as much to the story, but they're all friendly.
You can basically think of the world as a big-ass game of Risk. Maybe there are a bunch of little countries, but really there are only a handful of major "blocs".

Just like back in the Cold War, there are basically 3 sides: NATO (our side), the Pact (the enemy), and then a bunch of smaller countries that are neither friend or foe (but many are still really dangerous because of internal strife or civil war).

Kiric Rand

So basically Alex's kind of place

(I intentionally said nothing of his heritage or histroy. He tends to keep his connections few as possible)
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Saria

Quote from: Kiric Rand on September 23, 2015, 08:21:43 PM
So basically Alex's kind of place
XD I guess so.

Okay, the front page is updated! What I need now is for you and Urbanzorro to double check your entries in the character list - make sure I haven't misspelled anything or linked to the wrong place - and the bits in the story section that describe your motivation for dropping with your mech. (If you don't like what I've written, feel free to supply your own text! Not all of them were actually written by me.)

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Saria

Deepika says, "Mm, I'd like to make me a sandwich with that hunk of beef, mmm-hmm."

I should let you know, though, that there is almost nothing in the way of space colonies. The Lunar Colonies are basically just for a couple thousand people, virtually all of them scientists or technicians at one of the low-g factories. There are a few fledgeling space colonies, but they are very limited in size and space. None of these places could take refugees - they'd just ship 'em right back to Earth before they use up all the oxygen and supplies.

But you could just have all the refugees go to Europe rather than space. Or perhaps even North/South America, or Oceania. But that doesn't really change anything else

Flash forward 50 years and Athena will be the richest person in the world thanks to space colonization, but not yet. :P

Saria

akirakaneda

Well, I think is almost done, second pilot added in spoiler

Name:  Saigo Miyamoto
Role:  Mecha pilot
Nicknames:  Sai (for those who are close to him)
Callsign:  none for now
Sexuality:  hetero
Height:  1.70 m/ 5.5 ft
Weight:  55 kg.
Eyes:  brown
Hair:  black
Skin:  lightly tanned
Physique:  Healthy and strong but not toned
Distinguishing Marks:  Scars on his chest and arms, a tattoo of bones and skull on his right arm on a text of “702”, on the left arm, a haiku: 平和のための血液

Appearance: A Japanese descendant, he carries a katana which is at his side when he is piloting (just like WWII Japanese pilots), if there is time to prepare for a battle he will wear a hachimaki or Japanese traditional bandana around his forehead. If he is not preparing for fighting he can wear casual clothes which makes him look like another guy of his age, he doesn´t look particularly like the "military guy". 

Bio:  Son of a rich and aristocratic Japanese family exiled from Japan by being the main leaders of a militaristic faction, aiming to abandon the pacifist politics of Japan in favor of a militaristic and expansionist approach.
He was educated in a traditional Japanese way, formal and frugal, since he was a child was trained in martial arts, especially in kendo and bojutsu; and also imbued of the political ideas that his family has adopted.
In the exile, the militaristic faction promoted the development of new military technology in alliance with "friendly nations" which also let them create a mercenary unit which later would be known as the “Rising Sun Legion” which fought for foreign nations who supported the growing militarism of the exiled aristocrats, who compose the core and high command, it is formed by all kind of Japanese men and women, those who wanted an adventure in far lands and those escaping from poverty or justice in Japan. The "Legion" is an armed force of disciplined mercenaries, operating like a frei korp, a unit of mercenaries with an independent chain of command.
Saigo joint the Rising Sun Legion at 14 and for the 18 he was a seasoned veteran, a talented pilot and a notorious squadron leader. Since that age he knew the rigors of combat: to sleep under rain or in a trench during a bombardment, eat bad and few, march long distances under a burning sun or in the coldest winter. That made him slowly doubt about the ideas of a militarist regime as the best future for Japan, as a soldier he is very pragmatic, worry more about keep the discipline among his subordinates and keep them highly motivated than in political indoctrination.
He and his platoon are well known and respected due to their success in battle but mainly due to survive the worst missions, even for a mercenary unit, they are usually in charge of piercing enemy formations or taking strongholds. They are nicknamed the "fumetsu tai" or the "immortal squadron" the nickname is the product of their courage, toughness and skills.

Before the accident, he was taking a new mecha to Earth, a test type, the evolution of previous models, which has been proven in the Moon, it was considered to be ready for mass-production in some place of the Earth where the militarists have supporters. Then the accident took place. He is not going to abandon this mecha, and certainly not to Ryazan, a historical enemy of Japan.

Equipment/Gear:  a Katana given by his grandfather and a mouser C 96

Second pilot

Name:  Eiko Kojiro
Role:  mecha pilot (especialized in assistant duties)
Nicknames:  none
Callsign:  none
Sexuality:  straight (but curious)
Height:  5'5
Weight:  56 kg
Eyes:  black
Hair:  black
Skin:  lightly tanned
Physique:  Healthy and thin
Distinguishing Marks:  She has a deep scar in the right side of her face which is covered by her hair, and a tattoo with skull and bones in her left arm and the number "1326"
Appearance: Her eyes are black, she can wear a hachimaki on the forehead for piloting, also some people believes she has a tomboyish appearance

Bio: She was a common girl living in Tokyo, the second daughter of a middle class family, she was an excellent student but by the time she was at college she had been seduced by the ideology of militaristic faction about a strong Japan ruled not by a corrupt Parliament. At the age of 18 she quit college and joint to the Rising Sun Legion.
She was a remarkable volunteer as the officers of the Legion saw her natural talent to think in strategies and process information in the few seconds that decisiones had to be taken in battlefield. She quickly received the role of second pilot in a two manned mecha, a TS 18. She was assigned as second pilot of a veteran pilot.
But, during a battle 2 years ago, the mecha they were piloting received severe damages, the first pilot, who had been her mentor and best friend died. She survived with with many minor scars on the body and two big scars, one crosses the right side of her face and the other on her right lower ribs just behind her breasts. Those scars caused her pain still and she need to take analgesics. Although she had said she doesn´t care about those scars she hides them, the first under a lock of hair and the other is the reason why she never were a bikini or such.
After that battle she was assigned to be second pilot for Saigo, she is awaiting to be promoted to lieutenant to pilot her own mecha as first pilot.
She follows the bushido code and feel herself as a modern warrior whose honor is based on her loyalty to their superiors and to the emperor (which she believes is ultimately serving although he may not agree with it),  also, she is an ideologically committed soldier who truly believes that the a totalitarian and strong government is the way to stop the corruption and dependency of Japan to foreign powers. She is extremely close-minded in that topic, being even more stubborn than some of her superior officers.
Equipment/Gear (Grabbed before entering the Mech's Storage Container):  A backpack with personal clothes, a katana and a dose of analgesics

Chassis:  Mitsubishi TS-28-tokko
Model:  Custom
Weight Class: medium
Weight: 45 tons - 49 tons (fully armed)
Height: 16 m
Top Speed:  90 Km/h without thruster and 170 Km/h with thruster

Mech Name:  "Raijin" (god of thunder)

Armaments:  1. Particle cannon (fixed): Located in its head is probably the most powerful gun available for this mecha but certainly not the main nor the most useful gun. It fires a concentrated beam of electronic particles, as it doesn't fie a solid projectile it has no recoil and an effective range of 4 km. but its effects are better if shot closer, at the end of the 4 km it produces 2nd degree burns as much for people, probably a hot surface for mechas. Although it's powerful and got a descent range, it devours the energy reserves of the mecha and also, due that overheats easily, it can be only shot 3 times before the electronic matrix (the core of the particle cannon) had to be replaced (and as those are produced in specialized in the colonies it is almost no way to replace them on Earth), a fourth shot is theoretically possible but its consequences might be from a blackout to an explosion in the energy system. It has also another problem, being a particle cannon, it can only shot straight and doesn’t have the parabolic inclination of a cannon shooting solid ammo.
2. High vibration knives (fixed): A set of metal blades of a modest size which can vibrate using the same particle technology of the particle cannon, capable to slice enemy mecha’s armor, it cannot pierce deeply but it is useful to cause damage on precise points. Are located in each arm of the mecha and are not hold in their hands  bit comes from their wrists. Its slicing/vibrating capability is underdeveloped due to the fear that its vibration may damage the mecha's arms.
3. Gattling gun (fixed): A slug-firing cannon with multiple barrels. The Gatling has a very high fire rate, using up ammunition with surprising speed. It has recoil and can be fired from point blank to medium range, but is located only on the left arm. It is not a big gun, for the mechas standards, actually is relatively small, designed to deal with small mechas or enemy infantry, it is a bit bigger than the size the of Miniguns used in helicopters. Its bullets are contained in a cartridge which is charged in the forearm. It can shot explosive or solid ammunition.
4. Missiles pods (not fixed):  attached to the thighs of the mecha it can carry 6 missiles of medium range.

Armaments (Non-Standard):  1. High vibration spear(not fixed): A long spear which use the same technology of the vibration knives. It has more power and it's probably the main weapon of this mecha.

Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard): 
1. Main thruster (not fixed): a part almost of the same height of the mecha itself it can provides an remarkable speed, it allows to perform jumps to some notorious height or to provide an equally impressive acceleration while advancing horizontally. It was not thought to be used like a jet thruster, which is in use permanently while the airplane is flying, but to be used during a few seconds to allow the mecha reach the enemies or escape of them.
2. Propellers and repulsors (fixed): set in different places of the mecha play a key role to get maneuverability and perform the uki-ashi or floating feet.   It was a samurai technique which focuses on fighting while standing only on the toes, and then being able to react and change position suddenly for attack or defense. For this mecha using the thruster to move fastly. The propellers and repulsors also help to change direction suddenly.
3. Radar system (fixed): the mecha has two twin radar systems, the first, in the left shoulder is long ranged and reaching 5 to 6 km. but there is a gap of 8 seconds between every radar pulse. The second radar system, in the right shoulder, is of close ranged, but aims to read more precise details and the gap is of 1.5 seconds, reaching only between 500 and 600 m.
4. Other detection systems (fixed): Besides the radar, it has thermic sensors and sensors which can read the electromagnetic activity (like those produced by intense electrical activity), although it has both, only one of these 2 can work at the time, is up to the pilots to switch one another depending of the situation. Both work relatively well in close range, are very imprecise in medium range, and don’t work beyond 400 m.

Strengths:  1. Firepower: Even with its limitations it has a good firepower in close range ( the gattling) and a reasonable firepower in medium range (the missiles) its particle cannon also provides a limited but important support in long range, its potency surpass most of what you can expect in a mecha of that size since it was developed to pierce that even the heaviest mecha can offer.
2. Speed and maneuverability: Its main thruster makes it a fast mecha capable to reach good speed and also to move on the battlefield with great skill which makes it capable to evade shots and to move into favorable positions to attack or defend itself, of course with a good pilot.
3. Versatile: Having many options means be able to alternate among them and build complex strategies to obtain the most of each weapon, being a two manned mecha, also helps to think in strategies even in the worst of the fight
4. Some weapons are easy to repair and charge: Some weapons like missiles and the Gatling gun are cheap to maintain and their ammo is cheap and easy to find, some others like the knives and spears works directly with the power system of the mecha.

Weaknesses:  1. Armor: this mecha has firepower and speed, but some of the armor protection had to be sacrificed, its armor is lighter than in other mechas of its size. This weakness was supposedly compensated by a speed that should make it a difficult target and style of fighting that emphasizes eliminating the enemy in one blow if fighting in close range.
2. Spare parts: it is not easy to find all spare parts, besides, it is not easy neither to find spare parts for a machine which is not in the market. Some of them could be found in very specialized companies, a couple of them only in the colonies.
3. Test type: although most of the gun systems could work pretty well, the Particle cannon are still in test and development phase, therefore failures are to be expected.

Overall Description:  The "Raijin" it is a bipedal mecha two manned unit, one pilot, the fighter or "arrow", is in charge of fighting the enemies in front of him, pretty much like the standard mecha-pilot; the second pilot, the commander or the "bow", is in charge of the main radar screen and other electronic pieces, to receive and send complex messages and turn it into simple orders for his partner and keep an eye on the battlefield and specially to ensure that the particle cannon be shot in the optimal conditions available during battle. It is a secondary role but still can influence the result of the battle. We could say that the arrow is the tactical aspect while the bow is the strategical one, that commands the mecha, However the mecha can work pretty well with only one man in the fighting aspects, but the radar and sensors information is given in screens over the head of the first pilot, which cannot show the whole picture or give the details as another pilot could.

It was developed to be an elite assault unit, able to advance over no-man's land faster than other mechas, but also to penetrate the enemy formations through superior firepower and stop a potential counterattack in close ranged combat.

Equipment/Gear:  Handguns and knives: 2 handguns and 2 ballistic knives, although there are standard items the pilots can bring their own weapons
Fire extinguisher
Survival kits: One for each pilot contain first aid kits, radios, and an e-tool
Purifier masks: it covers the whole face without diminish the vision range and it works like a gas mask
1 flare pistol
1 compass
Although there is a compartment for water and food reserves, it is currently empty