News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Delirium Seeks Delight (F seeking Any)

Started by Delirium, December 08, 2010, 08:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

The following are not strictly all that I'm interested in.  If you are surfing the 1x1 requests, looking for a play partner, send me an idea, and I'll be more than willing to let you know if I'm open to trying it (which, more often than not, I will be).

Please read my on/offs before you continue.  If you still have questions, please feel free to PM and ask.  Otherwise, here is a general list of ideas that have been bouncing around in my head.  The number of asterisks (*) indicates me level of interest.  1 is meh, 4 is "I will love you unto the ends of the Earth".  If you're interested, send me a message to flesh out details.  I usually lay down a basic plot, but leave everything else up in the air to give some creative license.

I have two main categories:
+General Plot-Heavy Snippets
+General Silliness - I.e., these are meant to be fairly short, for you non-committal types

These will be denoted PH and GS, respectively.

Also, please keep in mind, if you see an idea that is taken, don't be discouraged.  I am willing to do repeats if they are significantly different, so still be sure to drop me a line.

Delirium

***Please note -- when I use the designations he/her, these are not set in stone.  This is merely to differentiate between two characters.

Noir/Neo-Noir/Eldritch Noir

E. Fermi, Paranormal Private Eye***

October the 16th, about two weeks before Halloween, three young women, between the ages of 18 and 30, went missing within 24 hours of one another.  No real connections between the three, at least none that the police can see.  The local force labels it as a serial kidnapper, just some looney, but is there more to it than meets the eye?  And that's where Mr. Fermi comes in.

Meet E. Fermi, Private Investigator, and paranormal gumshoe extraordinaire.  Ghosts, psychics, witches - he's seen it all (or so he says).  With the help of his trusty partner, Dandi, he's taken on some of the strangest cases the city has had to offer.  If logic can't explain it, he'll get to the bottom of it, and these disappearances are right up his alley.  Brilliant, a little crazy, and sometimes oblivious to the things (and the ladies) right before his eyes, he has yet to fail on a case.  But when their kidnapper starts to hit close to home, is our detective about to bite off more than he can chew?

-PH
-VAN or BON
-Looking for:  You will play Fermi - and yes, you get to choose his first name, personality.  I just wanted a story about a character whose name was E. Fermi :P  You will also be responsible for a handful of side characters

Lovers in a Dangerous Prohibition Time***

Not terrible fleshed out, but the general setup goes thusly:  They were two childhood friends, they grew up together, fought together (fought each other!), and somewhere along the line, they fell for one another.  But then the Great War came, and he went away, leaving her behind with nothing but promises.  He came home a changed man -- intact, but deeply shell shocked.  He ran from home, from love, into the first thing that made sense - a job with the Feds.

Years later, Prohibition has been passed, and gang warfare is destroying the city.  He's been tasked with bringing down the ringleaders of the most infamous rumrunners, but who he ends up finding is her.  How does he react?  What's the conflict?  Where will the streets of madness take them?!

-PH
-VAN, BON, or NC
-Looking for:  Mainly, lead character and any random side characters

Jack of Spades***

Loosely based off the series "Cyber Six."  With crime and and violence rates skyrocketing, the Symbionic Project was rolled out across the province three years ago to great controversy -- 52 supposed volunteers taken by the Santori-Kano Defense, genetically and cybernetically enhanced to become sentinels of the largest cities.  Masked by the latest prosthetic enhancements, no one knows who they are.  However, rumor has it that they walk the streets during the day, average citizens who go about daily lives as if they are nothing more than your grocers, your bankers, the girl who always forgets to pick up after the dog. 

A newcomer to an industrious city gets an all-too-warm welcome when he is set upon by thugs.  Just when it looks like curtains, he is saved by one of the city's symbionics -- a soldier the locals have nicknamed the Jack of Spades.  After the run-in, he becomes obsessed with learning more, though he may bite off more than he can chew.

-PH
-VAN, BON, or NC
-Looking for:  Mainly, lead character and any random side characters

---

Twisted Fairy Tales

The Princess and the Pe...nis**

A comedic, naughty take on the old bedtime story.  A Prince seeks a Princess to share his throne and life with.  The problem?  He's hung like a horse, with the stamina to match.  Oh, sure - princesses have claimed to have passion abounding, only to pass out after the first three hours.  After years of searching for his soul mate, he's just about to give up.  Then one stormy night, a thud rocks the castle gate.  His servants open the door to find a woman, sopping wet, seeking shelter for the evening.  What the Prince doesn't know is that she is a Princess who has yearned for passion and will go to any lengths (or girths) to find the man who can satisfy her.  Both jaded with dozens of... failures, they barely even consider one another until an accidental encounter leaves them wondering if maybe they've found the one.

-GS
-BON or VAN

Rose and Snow***

Once upon a time, there lived two sisters, Rose Red and Snow White.  The girls lived in the woods, and each morning, the playful Rose would frolic amongst the trees and dance with the woodland creatures, while her quiet sister Snow would tend to the house before settling down to a novel by the fireside.  The pair had a quiet, peaceful kind of life, and though Rose often wished for more excitement in their days, they were content.

One dark and snowy night, there came a thudding knock at the door.  Though White pleaded with Rose not to answer, the impetuous elder sister opened the door to find a strange creature, like some manner of half-beast.  Barely conscious after bearing the stormy weather, he collapsed.  Immediately, the girls took him in to care for him, thus setting in motion a chain of events that changed their life.

Based on the fairytale by Charles Perrault, this story of course will take a more adult turn.  There will be greater depth to the interaction between the creature and the girls.

-GS or PH
-VAN, BON, and/or NC, and probably at least a bit of Beastiality
-Looking for:  You will play the creature, and later, the dwarf (or perhaps some other strange being?!).  And hey - if you play your cards right, there may be a threesome in it for you  ;)

---

Plot Bunnies

Death + Me**

I have no real thoughts on this, other than, I have always wanted to explore a relationship between a Psychopomp and a human -- not necessarily someone recently departed, but someone who is very much not a spirit.  I am good with either being the psychopomp or the human.

Delirium

3/26 -- Tentatively back, what with the social distancing.  I'll be taking a couple of stories to start to keep it light, as I still am technically working from home.  Feel free to glance through my plots or suggest one of your own. 

I'm kind of itching for something noir of any variety, so any and all ideas of that variety will probably be met favorably.

As always, please PM me any requests, do not reply here.