[Pathfinder, Recruitment Closed] Warpath of the Righteous: WotR & Path of War

Started by indarkestknight, September 18, 2016, 08:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Silver Crane style can indeed heal but it's not big or good till +4 maneuver levels. Silver Crane mostly suits 'smite bad people' and 'most amazing visual stances' with heavy defensive properties.

Revelation

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 20, 2016, 10:41:52 AM
Silver Crane style can indeed heal but it's not big or good till +4 maneuver levels. Silver Crane mostly suits 'smite bad people' and 'most amazing visual stances' with heavy defensive properties.

Right. but, still, it's something of an investment and I have some ideas of what I could do with a warrior who uses silver crane, so figured i'd ask ahead of time while still working out the details for my PC.

MrBubbles

Quote from: Changingsaint on September 20, 2016, 10:26:49 AM
Is anyone looking at using silver crane style much? I do notice we might have a bit of a healing problem sans one of us using UMD and the likes, and having some in combat healing could make the difference between life and death.

I'll be using Silver Crane, so between your character and mine I figure we'll have all the healing the party needs.

Zaer Darkwail

Guys, do not forget even in early levels on the Golden Lion there is maneuver there which allows negate attack on ally as immediate action (if you got high enough diplomacy to overcome the attack roll of foe, this can include ranged touch attacks). Also some warlord gambits provide temporal HP (and also presense stance which gives temp HP whenever you slay a foe; great way negate dmg also). Also there is pathfinder version of Stone Power feat (which allows generate temp HP when you hit a foe on yourself).

As have voiced bit advices I also voice out interest to play :P. If there is room.

Revelation

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 20, 2016, 05:33:31 PM
Guys, do not forget even in early levels on the Golden Lion there is maneuver there which allows negate attack on ally as immediate action (if you got high enough diplomacy to overcome the attack roll of foe, this can include ranged touch attacks). Also some warlord gambits provide temporal HP (and also presense stance which gives temp HP whenever you slay a foe; great way negate dmg also). Also there is pathfinder version of Stone Power feat (which allows generate temp HP when you hit a foe on yourself).

As have voiced bit advices I also voice out interest to play :P. If there is room.

There are ways to sustain, but silver crane is healing - and, the character I have in mind will be using it anyway. I'll be finishing him shortly.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 20, 2016, 05:33:31 PMAs have voiced bit advices I also voice out interest to play :P. If there is room.

I'm willing to take on more.

Zaer Darkwail

So far my own concepts go; Warder (Fiendbound Marauder or Zweihander Sentinel) or Slayer (I know, not path of war class but otherwise physical combat char which blends rogue/ranger into a interesting package, possibly taking Vanguard archtype).

Revelation

indarkestknight, is the unquiet grave discipline from lords of night allowed as well?

Zaer Darkwail

Also I found perfect pic if I go fiendbound mauler warder build (usually I play males but with this concept/pic willing play a female :));

Or this pic can also work (taking comment/opinions which one appears cooler on fellow players);

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 20, 2016, 06:26:20 PM
So far my own concepts go; Warder (Fiendbound Marauder or Zweihander Sentinel) or Slayer (I know, not path of war class but otherwise physical combat char which blends rogue/ranger into a interesting package, possibly taking Vanguard archtype).

Taking levels in Slayer is not presently permitted. This may change at a later point, but your first level must be in a Path of War class.

Quote from: Changingsaint on September 20, 2016, 06:29:01 PM
indarkestknight, is the unquiet grave discipline from lords of night allowed as well?

I'll have to track that down, but I'm going to provisionally say yes.

Revelation

Quote from: indarkestknight on September 20, 2016, 06:41:28 PM
Taking levels in Slayer is not presently permitted. This may change at a later point, but your first level must be in a Path of War class.

I'll have to track that down, but I'm going to provisionally say yes.

It's from dreamscarred press, the discipline itself is focused on supernatural channeling of negative energy basically. It gets benefits when undead use it - but I plan on my character being amongst the living. It's not a specifically evil discipline like Black Seraph, but since it does deal with undeath and negative energy I wanted to ask. I kind of liked the dichotomy of using both that and silver crane, though if both are disallowed as disciplines on the same character, I won't consider it the end of the world!

Zaer: I like the girl more, she's cute bit also a scrapper.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, so I go warder then.

Quote from: Changingsaint on September 20, 2016, 06:48:52 PM
Zaer: I like the girl more, she's cute bit also a scrapper.

Yeah, agree. Also got sort idea that she has Exposed to Awfulness campaign trait and her near death encounter awakened her lingering fiendish heritage (thus horns and thus turning from human girl to tiefling girl). The demon slain somehow bound it's spirit into her and plaqued her with nightmares until she mastered them and accepted her fiendish side and even embraced the very evil which now somehow haunts inside her body. She has 'demonic cravings' but she redirects them creatively in pummeling demons on their faces and revels in bloody violence to extend it approaches to orgasmic bliss!

Although I ask; many Black Serpah maneuvers have evil tag; if my char learns those, will it by default make her non-good or can she learn them but using them extensively slowly turns her evil? Or overall what is evil tag overall affecting her as she is fiendbound mauler (I am willing accept she radiates as evil outsider to detect evil and wards as one her tiefling traits despite actual alignment at work).

indarkestknight

Quote from: Changingsaint on September 20, 2016, 06:48:52 PM
It's from dreamscarred press, the discipline itself is focused on supernatural channeling of negative energy basically. It gets benefits when undead use it - but I plan on my character being amongst the living. It's not a specifically evil discipline like Black Seraph, but since it does deal with undeath and negative energy I wanted to ask. I kind of liked the dichotomy of using both that and silver crane, though if both are disallowed as disciplines on the same character, I won't consider it the end of the world!

There's actually a zealot archetype that does exactly what you're looking to do called Discordant Crusader that blends Black Seraph and Silver Crane. That said, if you'd rather use Unquiet Grave, you're certainly welcome to – as far as I can tell, none of its maneuvers have an evil tag.

EDIT: If you want to get the most mileage out of Unquiet Grave, playing a dhampir is an option.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 20, 2016, 07:05:45 PM
Ok, so I go warder then.

Yeah, agree. Also got sort idea that she has Exposed to Awfulness campaign trait and her near death encounter awakened her lingering fiendish heritage (thus horns and thus turning from human girl to tiefling girl). The demon slain somehow bound it's spirit into her and plaqued her with nightmares until she mastered them and accepted her fiendish side and even embraced the very evil which now somehow haunts inside her body. She has 'demonic cravings' but she redirects them creatively in pummeling demons on their faces and revels in bloody violence to extend it approaches to orgasmic bliss!

Although I ask; many Black Serpah maneuvers have evil tag; if my char learns those, will it by default make her non-good or can she learn them but using them extensively slowly turns her evil? Or overall what is evil tag overall affecting her as she is fiendbound mauler (I am willing accept she radiates as evil outsider to detect evil and wards as one her tiefling traits despite actual alignment at work).

She won't be evil by default just for knowing the maneuvers, but, yes, she would slip towards evil the more she uses Black Seraph. It's worth pointing out that many of those maneuvers deal extra profane damage, and as such will generally be less efficacious against evil targets unless you pick up the Black Seraph's Malevolence feat, which you can't take until level 7.

If she picks up a level of the aforementioned Discordant Crusader Zealot archetype, she'll be able to forestall her slip into evil, but you're by no means obligated to if you find her descent into evil compelling.

I will note that there's nothing that indicates tieflings detect as evil unless they are evil – though your average commoner NPCs will probably make assumptions about your character if your tiefling heritage isn't concealed.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revelation

I have my sheet done. how  much attention do you want given to backstory? As i'd like to submit both at once. I have the general idea of his history in mind, just gotta write it.

indarkestknight

I'm not expecting a novel or anything, but I do expect players to explain their choice of campaign trait. Keep in mind that with no one especially likely to take the traits corresponding to hierophant or archmage, there's a high chance that people will be doubling up on mythic paths, and, as a result, doubling up on campaign traits, too, so try to give at least as much detail to work with as you'd hope anyone whose character takes the same campaign trait as your character would. If people would rather wait until they see if anyone else picks the same campaign trait/mythic path so they can collaborate before submitting their backstory for review, I've no objection.

Premier

Will have a read of stuff tonight and try pick some stuff out. A bit new to the system!

Revelation

I said it last page but i'll say it again here. I'm going with the Stolen Fury background, with him being a youth to be sacrificed an infernal ritual - meant to summon some dark beings. He was almost killed during it, but was saved at the last moment. The near death experience combined with the latent, strong magic did have an averse affect on him (Hence unquiet grave), and not wanting something like that to perpetually haunt him, he chose to work alongside a group of knights and warriors ( Empryeal Guardians) to ensure none would be harmed in such a manner again if he could help it.

I'll have the details filled out a bit more soon, but figured if anyone else wanted to collaborate with that campaign trait i'm all ears.

ShadowFox89

Kat, being a teifling, could easily be connected to his background.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revelation

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=951091

Sebastian Durand comes from a lineage of minor yet proud nobility. A cushy life of politics, fine food, and being tended to could have been his lot in life were it not for more tragic events. As a young child, his families estate was raided by cultists. Servants were killed – even his father was mortally wounded in defense of his family. Sebastian was taken, down to some dark and half forgotten part of the lands as part of a blood sacrifice to darker powers. Defenseless and hopeless, he could only watch others killed before him until he too laid on a bloody altar, a knife ready to plunge for his heart and add him as another offering to the fiends the mad men worshiped. However, just as the blade was ready to slay him, the arrival of knights and warriors seeking the cult caused a pitched battle, the sacrifice forgotten in the scramble to flee or die trying.

Sebastian was saved, but he was no longer the same. The experience haunted him for some time of course, and if he continued that path he may have taken a darker road. Instead, one of the knights who aided in his rescue came to check upon the remnants of the family some time later, and came across the growing youth hacking away at a tree with an old blade. He recognized the rage, the desire for revenge, the hunger for blood. What started as a simple conversation about peace and moving on soon segued into swordplay, Sebastian having great interest in it, having no desire to ever be weak or powerless like that again. And the knight saw in him a curious pupil. One that he could not totally quell, but one that he could raise to be a good person nonetheless.

It was no surprise when an older Sebastian joined the order, much of his rage quelled, the drive of rage was fueled into honing swordplay, and while his style was certainly unique amongst the order, there was still enough of their teaching in him to show he could act as one of their soldiers. An adult, now, Sebastian has sought to use his swordplay to proper work. Defending others, helping others, attempting to inspire hope. It’s not easy all the time, and the right choices are not always the good choices... But he strives to be much like the knights who saved him in his darkest hour.

---

Human warlord, will be using a mix of Mithral Current, Unquiet Grave, Primal Fury, and Silver Crane to fight. I like the idea of Mithral current being a calming influence on him, being a more patient style of swordplay despite a more hot blooded nature from him. Also despite a rather grim past, he's moved on from much of it - though some lingering remnants are still there, he is a man who desires to help others and find like minded people. A proper hero, I hope.

I used average gold for my class. 175 gp.

Haven't found a pic yet, looking.

Zaer Darkwail

indarkestknight: A slow descend to evil is something I do want roleplay out (and see where it leads/goes), as overall idea is my gal is already neutral (it comes with her background and her overall attitude clearly) but because her channeling all her violent and 'dark martial arts' upon demons/evil guys, she is tolerated by the paladins or other crusaders even if her behavior may not be virtuous standards expected by them.

Also understand with being tiefling I get glares and I welcome the scrutinity what having said race goes by. Overall I thought 'detect as evil outsider' is more a flaw than innate racial trait. She can be still affected by her original race/alignment by spells or grander wards but for detect evil and some other divinations she registers as demon. Which can cause problems with some crusaders or situations where someone's entity is checked by divinations.

ShadowFox89

Changing, about how old is Sebastian? Working on Katherine's background, she traveled around with a wandering master, its possible they were with the knights. She's also about 68.... tieflings reach adulthood pretty late compared to humans.
Call me Shadow
My A/A