PERSONA! (A School Based game about finding your true self.) Big group wanted.

Started by Vergil1989, November 10, 2011, 10:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

But ev course, Dark.  :-) As someone that routinely spends a hundred hours playing each and every single Persona game, I know quite a bit. So any questions, just fling them my way. And I'll be sure to go off on random tangents about bits and bobs that might need some 'splainin'.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

DarkRose15

Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Vergil1989

I might only know the most about P4, what I don't know I'm able to check on the wiki page or see on Youtube lol.  So, if you need anything answered I might be able to help as well Dark Rose.  For now, there's still plenty of room so feel free to get a thing going whenever you can if it so pleases ya lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

DarkRose15

If I'm able to join I think I'd probably just be playing Beliza with Hanged :)

NotoriusBEN

dammit, I play skyrim for a few days and come back to see if anything new is happening and a persona game pops up >.<

do you guys still want players? or are you full up?

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

NotoriusBEN

alright then.

I'll make a character tomorrow then. I gotta do some digging, but I had a character for another persona game that I'd like to play.

what I remember from my character was that his persona was the chariot 'seigfreid' and had ice and physical attacks like chie's.
if nobody picked chariot, I'll go with that one.

Solstice

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on November 15, 2011, 01:33:16 AM
alright then.

I'll make a character tomorrow then. I gotta do some digging, but I had a character for another persona game that I'd like to play.

what I remember from my character was that his persona was the chariot 'seigfreid' and had ice and physical attacks like chie's.
if nobody picked chariot, I'll go with that one.

Just thought I'd make myself useful for once and save Vergil from having to answer (=O).

The currently-in-use arcana are:

Fool, Star, Death, Magician, Empress, Hanged Man, and Moon

That's from the roster thread. So, indeed, unless someone's spoken to Vergil about it, Chariot remains open.
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

DarkRose15

This does look like a lot of fun, might try and see if another person I know would be interested in joining. Not sure if he has the time though but it doesn't hurt to ask.

NotoriusBEN

Name; Jonathan Thane
Gender; Male
Sexuality; Straight
Age; 19
Eye Color; Slate
Hair Color/Style; Dark Brown, Combed back
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; None
Student He doesnt want to go to college, but is being heavily pressured by his parents.
Student of? Unsure, yet.
Job?  Working at the newly expanded Souzai Daigaku (the beef steak and super croquet shop. Now with BBQ pit)
Job position/title if you have one; Chef's Assistant, Barbaqoa Pit Assistant.
Arcana Choice; Chariot
Summon Persona Preference;  Tarot Card
Persona Name;  Seigfried
Persona Appearance;  Seigfried Spear and Magic Helmet, Genzoman-style

Powers and abilities; Lightning, Physical and the noted Support Spells: Power Charge, Takunda, Tarakaja. Starts off Strong vs. Lightning and Weak vs. Wind. When his persona evolves, it will Null Lightning, be Strong vs. Physical and no longer have a Weakness. The starter list of abilities are Zio, Skewer, and Takunda, but will expand as he gets stronger.
Persona Lore/History;  Siegfried is the penultimate fearless hero. He faced many trials in his life, but most notably he slew the dragon Fafnir, who symbolized betrayal and greed. Burning himself on Fafnir's partially cooked heart, he stuck his thumb into his mouth and tasted dragon's blood. Now able to talk to animals, Siegfried learned of Regin's plot to assassinate him and so slew Regin in turn. Towards the end of his epic, Siegfried only learns fear when he is wracked by indecision upon finding that the Armored Figure he fought was actually Bruunhilde, a woman. In desperation, he kisses Bruunhilde which breaks the curse placed upon her by the gods, and though hesitant at first, She is won over by Siegfried's love.
Weapon of Choice; Jonathan fights dirty with his fists and knees, with the real experiences he had during high school, not like the 'sanctioned' fights of karate or MMA. Siegfried uses a spear to devastating effect.
Skills; Bilingual (English and Japanese), Scrapper, Good Cook, Guitarist
Hobbies; Music, Guitar, video games, Hanging out.
Likes; Same as hobbies.
Dislikes; School, His parents for forcing him to go to college or go back to the United States.
Quirks; Tapping his foot to a beat in his head
Ons; Ons/Offs Page
Offs; (Same as above.)

Personality; Jonathan is usually nodding his head or tapping his foot to a song in his head. He's usually reliable at work, except when he is scheduled to prep food in the morning. The fact that he can serve a tremendous lunch or dinner crowd has saved his own bacon more than once. When he's not working, Jon is usually practicing his guitar or putting up flyers for some underground concert or other in the bigger town down south on his weekends. His demeanor since leaving school and his parents has lightened up considerably, and those from school probably wouldnt recognize him.

He is running out of time though, and sometimes he's caught in a fugue. Luckily it hasnt happened during work, but man the days just keep ticking by. Its very frustrating that he can't get any headway especially when potential bandmembers are just slacker kids from the highschool. He realizes the irony of this observation. The best he can do is just bear with it and try again, but how many times can he start from square one again?

Personal History; Jonathan Thane is the son of United States Army Colonel Taylor Thane. His father was a veteran of the 1st Gulf War and was later stationed in Japan in a joint-supervisory role to the JSDF. Going to school was hard since he was rather different from many of his classmates. The other American children came and went as their fathers transfered, but Jonathan's family stayed in Japan. Others tried to bully him for being an Army brat, but Jon would have none of it. He was always in the principal's office or suspended for getting into fights, but through some miracle, he managed to graduate from high school.

His parents want him to go to college since Japanese schools are better than American ones. He knows that college is a different thing from high school, but Jon is tired of schools. He just wants to have the year to himself before he starts anything serious. He played guitar throughout school and if he can get into a serious band and land a record deal, everything would settle itself. Its definitly a long shot, but any delusion is better than another four to six years in school.

Jonathan has since come to Inaba in an attempt to get away from his parents. He's landed a job as a chef and BBQ assistant at the larger Souzai Daigaku restaurant to pay rent. He's still looking and auditioning at bars and other places to be a guitarist. He would have went to Tokyo, but the rent is outrageous and job hunting is ruthless. Hopefully using the internet will help him land his longshot dream.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it;  The dungeon appears as a surreal mash up of high school and beach invasions from Normandy, islands in the Pacific, or Viking Raids. Faceless Students in high school uniforms with military highlights charge up the beach and do gruesome battle with rifles, grenades, knives, spears, or swords depending on the particular beach. As the heroes run through the gauntlets and oversized trenches, they can see Jonathan holding and/or taking key positions on both sides of the conflict. Barbed wire, minefields and debris prevent the heroes from reaching Jon before the final area where he confronts his Shadow clone. When it manifests, it becomes Fafnir, a massive dragon that spews green flames.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Vergil1989

Very impressive NotoriousBEN.  You are good to go, so long as your Persona starts off with the most basic of skills as I've asked everyone else that has an especially strong partner as you seem to possess.  Beyond that, I think you're good to go.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

NotoriusBEN

yep, no problem. I've played the persona games and getting stronger is part of the fun. (though in P4, I wish there were more versions of Izanagi. By far the most awesome Fool Persona to date). I thought about going ice, but we have an Ice powerhouse right now, but not lightning types. I still wanted to play Siegfried, and so I searched the internet for ways, aspects and stories that interpret him as a lightning user without the whole Thor motiff. Lo and behold, I found "What's Opera, Doc?" on youtube, one of my favorite merry melodies cartoon's ever and Elmer Fudd plays the lightning user, Sigurd (aka Siegfried). I didnt think of it until now, but with Jonathan being a guitar player, maybe having Siegfried take on some Wagner Opera aspects might help add to it (no singing though :P)

Vergil1989

Kill the rabbit!  Lol, I know that one and it's a good way to go if you ask me.  Welcome aboard buddy.

MelisaArtemis

Vergil1989

Not too many more but yes it is madam.  I only ask that there are no Arcana repeats more than anything.

MelisaArtemis

Name; Artemis Mizuki
Gender; Female (Obviously XD )
Sexuality; Bi
Age; 18
Appearance; Slender proportion, 5' 1 tall, B cup breast, Milky white skin and round eyes.
Eye Color; Crystal Blue
Hair Color/Style; Blonde / Straight, down to her knees
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; None
Student or teacher?  Student
Teacher of/Student of?  Literature and Music Class, Member of Archery Club, Light Music Club and Tea ceremony Club
Job?  Pianist and Singer
Job position/title if you have one;  Primarily a world class Pianist with some solo singing career.
Arcana Choice;  The High Priestess
Summon Persona Preference;
Other Means;  Her ribbon: Item of great personal value to her as it was given to her by her now deceased brother. When invoked, the ribbon is untied with a pull on one of the strip then tied on her wrist.
Persona Name;  Iris
Persona Appearance; Bluish green eyes, Blonde hair, White dress and holding a sword

Powers and abilities; Iris is a master swordwoman and equipped with a holy sword. All her clothes are actually made by the condensation of magic, even her underwears and tiara, making it not just featherlight but also durable. Although she already posses superhuman strength at the first place, when necessary she can discard her dress or even her underwear to enhance her sword by adding the magic power from the dress, transforming it to a massive Zweihander capable of slicing a building clean in two. As the enhancement technique drains her power severely, its always a last resort technique.

Persona Lore/History; Iris was a sole queen of her kingdom. Blessed by the gods themselves, she was a fair leader and loved by her people as her kingdom prospers for decades under her rule as the god's blessing allows her to stay young forever. However, eventually the tyrant king of a neighboring larger kingdom heard of her beauty and decides to claim her and her kingdom for himself. A great battle was fought between the two kingdoms yet after years of war, the larger of the two finally manage to overpower her kingdom. In her last act of desperation to protect her people, she use the last of her power and her life to enhance her sword to destroy the entire castle of the tyrant king along with the people inside it. Without her leadership, her kingdom eventually deteriorate and vanish from history.   
Weapon of Choice;;  Mizuki is a very adept archer, one of the best in her club second only to her captain so her primary tactic would be to fight from distance and fire away. However, if necessary, she is also skilled to her family style's Jiujitsu.
Skills;  Singing, Playing Piano, Archery and Jiujitsu. Above average in academic but poor in Physical Education
Hobbies; Singing, Playing Piano, Reading
Likes; Cake and Sweets, Sleep, Classical Music, Cute items, Cute animals, Nice people and Being Naked
Dislikes; Spicy food, Dirty things, Jerks and bitches
Quirks;  When shocked, she sometimes gives a yelp that sounds like a cat's meow: Nya!
Ons; Nudity (Public and Private), Humiliation, Bestiality, Foreplay, Light Bondage, Tentacle
Offs;  Scat, Gore, Watersport, Heavy bondage, Torture, Gangbang
Personality;  Mizuki is incredibly pure and innocent, almost to the point of being naive. Though shy, she has a very kind heart and love to help others when needed, especially those who are close to her. Her feeling are a bit on the sensitive side as she can easily cry when upset or depressed. 

Her gestures and act are always feminine and graceful which gives the impression of her being an ojou-sama which is not far from the truth. Sometimes, she can also act like an airhead or incredibly oblivious to how others are feeling toward her. She also have a daring and kinky side to her personality too as she actually prefers to be naked as much as possible though so far only indulge in that pleasure in private.
Personal History;  Mizuki was born and raised in Inaba of a a british father an japanese mother, making her a half in the society. Though she is perfectly healthy and find right now, as a child she was born with defective heart which was incurable without a donor. Due to her tender age, it was extremely hard to find a suitable donor for her, much less that which are compatible with her. Her hope to survive was looking dim day by day until one day the doctors somehow found a perfectly suitable and compatible with her. It was a month after the operation that she found out that her brother had donated his own heart to safe her.

When she was cleaning up her brother's old room, she discover a letter from him to her telling that he did what he did without regret fully knowing the consequences as well as telling her not to dwell on his passing but to live her life fully. The death of her brother was the first thing that spur her desire to be helpful to everyone who needs help. Along the way, she found that she has innate talent in music and strive to be the best she can be to heal people through her songs.

Mizuki had moved to England for a while after the death of her brother, half of the reason is to get away and get some peace of mind away from the tragedy while at the same time to improve her musical ability. While she was in England, she managed to make a name of herself in the world of classical music by winning several piano contest. It is only recently that she move back to Inaba in an attempt to get away her popularity in England although she still plays piano in her free time and enters into a recording deal with local recording company to pay for her living expense.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it;  Will add at later time

Vergil1989

One of your pictures aren't working and there's a small problem with your item and your Persona summoning choice deal.  You can't have a Tarot Card as well as a personal item as you described to be able to summon your Persona when you get it.  It's either an Evoker, a Tarot Card, or some other means, not two lol.  Beyond that though, it's very well thought out and I love what you've put together.

MelisaArtemis

Edited :) I prefer to have her ribbon as summoning method because it will be with her all the time rather than the tarot card method :)

Vergil1989

MelisaArtemis

Made a little mode modification on Iris's ability. I have feeling that will be important later on (Who can complain of her going butt naked but with gigantic sword? XDD)

zengal

I'm posting here on the hope you might accept one more person to the RP. I've always had a slight obsession with Tarot (I have studied Alistair Crowley's Book of Thoth and in fact still own the copy) as well as Carl Jung's studies  (as well as Freud's). You can imagine when I first found Persona 3 I instantly became a fan of any MegaTen game I could get my hands on.

Nerdgasm aside, If it is okay with you, I have a profile from a previous (regrettably failed) RP I was part of that I could tweak into your format very quickly if need be.
...and I suppose any part of us that can only be seen by others is a Dark part.
I feel that about the small of my back, too, and the nape of my neck.
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.

Vergil1989

So long as you don't repeat a previously used Arcana, you are free to bring in another Zengal.  I hope to see a good profile soon my friend.  Good luck!  We need more men by the way lol.

zengal

Name; Taro "Ken" Yamada [birthname: John Kenneth Smith]
Gender; Male
Sexuality;  “Gay...” If you trust school gossip. [Is actually bi.]
Age; 24
Appearance;

Eye Color; Pale blue.
Hair Color/Style; Mid-short length dyed blonde hair. More appropriate for a rebellious Japanese high-school punk.
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; Miscellaneous scars scattered on shoulders and back.
Student or teacher? Faculty
Teacher of/Student of? Dropout
Job? Yes
Job position/title if you have one; Custodian
Arcana Choice;  The Tower
Summon Persona Preference;  Evoker gun
Other Means;  Summoning Daedalus has an additional effect on Ken: his internal body temperature will increase over time, up to dangerous levels.
Persona Name; Daedalus
Persona Appearance;

Powers and abilities; Medium Stamina; low physical attack; medium physical defense; high magic defense and attack; and extremely high speed.  His abilities with magic are essentially non-existent. Its greatest abilities are passive. Its skills decrease over extended battle and its weak points start opening up, making it I’ll suited for attrition.  It is Absorb wind, Weak Light, and Weak Fire. (Parenthesis denote skills that will weaken over time bracket denote skills that can be obtained/evolve given experience/)
Garu (Garula) [Garudyne]
Sonic Punch (Swift-Strike)
[(Diarama)]
Cool Breeze
Auto-Sukukaja
(Endure light) [(Survive Light)]
(Dodge Physical) [(Evade Physical)]
[(Wind Boost)]
Persona Lore/History;  The great craftsman and artisan of Greek mythology: father of Icarus; constructor of the labyrinth.
Weapon of Choice;;  “Some folk call it a sling blade. I call it a Kaiser blade. Mmhmm.” Even before he realizes he’ll need a weapon, Ken always carries a boxcutter with him out of paranoia or, as he says, “for security purposes”.
Skills;  Running, tolerating pain, and being delusional (if that last one counts). He is thought to be unable to speak Japanese by the students, and plays along with that misconception while at work. He also much more intelligent than most know, but only when he “feels like it.”
Hobbies; He own small collection of pirated Slasher Films, Torture Porn, and Horror B-Movies.
Likes; Smoking, drinking, pranks, being wrong, magic (both illusions and fantasy), being alone (for now...)
Dislikes; The DPS, rumors, drugs, dumb people, pushovers, police, not being in control (for now...)
Quirks; Ken chain smokes. However, he refuses to touch anything but ones she rolls herself. He also grows his own tobacco and won't use commercial cigarette paper. (leading to smoking some... interesting improvisations).
Ons; see O/O's though he is more the "daring type"
Offs; see O/O's
Personality;  Ken is a very complex individual. This is largely due to the fact that certain aspects of his personality are nothing short of inseverable complexes. He is an unstable pendulum constantly in motion, going between the extremes of a deterministic need for order and outright nihilism. But unlike a pendulum, he doesn't submit to inertia and will change position through inadjacent space.

The former side of the dichotomy is Ken the Conspirator: constantly in search for clarification and underlying meaning. However, this operation takes place within himself on a spontaneous basis, knowing things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, nor with much detailed knowledge of whatever subject is currently at hand. He finds himself to be right, not always, but often enough; and he usually knows it.  However, should the answer he possess not be acceptable, he will make one that he finds acceptable via conspiracy. Not stupid "event" conspiracies -- he couldn’t care less about the grassy knoll -- but systematic super-conspiracies. He has his own pet theory of an organization that, for lack of their actual name [he thinks they don’t even use one themselves], he simply refers to DPS. The DPS is the biggest conspiracy organization in the world, and there is nothing too big or small in scale for Ken to lay blame on them. [Spoiler alert: the DPS isn’t real.]

The latter side is the Last Man as interpreted by Nietzsche. This is the rarer of Ken’s two extremes. When there is no apparent answer, his answer is proven wrong, or there is no conspiracy to cover an unacceptable one, he completely loses faith: believing in no purpose, no meaning, and no redeeming features of life. This is the part of him that committed suicide twice.

Sometimes he fancies there to exist something almost consequential within his reality and being saved by such grace -- ultimately dismissing such ridiculousness with a laugh. Most of the time, though, Ken is in a compromised medium between the two, one that resembles a cross of absurdism and hedonism. The one thing he refuses to indulge in is hope, thus abstaining from anything more than what a meaningless existence provides.

Personal History; Ken's father, Sampson, was a war veteran. The night he was born, his father was overseas, under fire from an ambush by the enemy. When his father was relieved from duty, he came back slightly changed. As souvenirs he brought with him a diagnosis of PTSD and bits of shrapnel in his knee. At a young age, Ken himself was diagnosed with a few personality disorders. Sampson started using this as a new opportunity. You see, they were poor, and the medication was covered by insurance, his self-medication with morphine was not. This habit was the only thing that made him feel as he did before the war. He withheld the medication from Ken and used it to help afford his drug habit. Of course, Ken started acting up in home and out in public. Sam tried at first to get his behavior in order, but he was difficult to manage. Eventually, Sampson found it most effective to use force. As it started out, it might even have been viewed acceptable, and Ken’s mother didn’t do anything. But Ken started acting out even worse than before, partly in response to the punishment, and partly from growing more passively aggressive. It only escalated from there; the addiction and the abuse.

At one point, Ken impulsively took a large amount of the medication and the morphine while his parents were away. That was his first suicide attempt. He had been extremely lucky and survived without much permanent damage. However when his father had found out, he assaulted him to the point of passing out. When he woke, he found himself admitted to a hospital for blunt force trauma. He was taken from Sampson's custody and admitted for a time for mental rehabilitation, during which his parents divorced. He was released to his mother’s care. As if in apology, she spoiled him. Not in material goods, they didn’t have any for that. But he was under an extreme laissez faire guardianship. Oh, they had rules: a curfew, expectations, standard for grades. Ken made it a point to break every single one of the. Why not? She would never blame him for it. It was all because she did nothing to stop Sampson. He started hanging with a different crowd and eventually told his mother that she was going to give permission for him to drop out of school. She objected and tried reasoning with him -- he just needed to finish the senior year! Ken cursed and punched out the drywall. Her mother was shocked. Ken recognized the face: it was the same face ad whenever she saw her husband be violent toward her or their son. And once again she did nothing to protect Ken.

After dropping out, he took up a series of jobs, putting the money into savings rather than compensating expenses for his mother’s care. Not long after his 19th birthday, his sobbing mother delivered the news: Sampson had died after having his second heart attack. Ken never laughed so hard in his life.
"Did you hate him that much?"
"Of course not,” he replied, “...but I hate losing."
It wasn't long after that he packed up and left in the night without a word. He withdrew his savings exchanged it to yen and took the first one-way flight to Japan.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it;  WIP

[...]

Well that took much longer than expected. -.-;
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.

Vergil1989

You still have a few blanks here and there but otherwise you're doing quite good for yourself already.  I do hope that he settles down a bit is my only concern, but otherwise I love this guy a great deal lol.

zengal

Ah~! Didn't notice those. Fixed now.

Also: he calms down a bunch after facing his shadow. Until then, I'm sorry to say he'll kind'a be a jerk.