Welcome to VGU! | Video Game University | Interest Check!

Started by HeavenAbove, November 08, 2014, 11:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavenAbove

The country's best of the best!

Welcome to -VGU- Video Game University. One of the most prestigious schools in the country. Where the applicants are considered not because of their grade point average, but by their gamer point average, ok ok silly play on words. In all seriousness, the idea of VGU spawned from the successful VGHS webseries on youtube.

I love the idea about an institution that has a curriculum centered on various video game genres. Below, I have listed the ‘departments’ and what each of them have to offer as far as their focus is concerned. I’d be great with another department or two if people can come up with a few more ideas that could standalone apart from the other ‘schools’.

What it's about!

At VGU, you don’t just study the games, you are immersed in the game worlds. Thanks to a rapid advance in technology, classes will bring the students into realistic situations (based in a video game simulation) that allow them to really study the ins and outs of their chosen major.

Have you ever wanted to speed down a dangerous mountain-side course, all while trying to race your opponent to the finish line? Or have you dreamed about exploring a fantasy world and slaying monsters side by side with that cute girl in your Dungeon Exploring 101 class? This might be the place for you. So grab your application and don’t forget to throw in your GamerTag for an extra 100 point boost on orientation day.
(Side note: Your character’s GamerTag, not your real one.)

School of Arms & Marksmanship – FPS
School of Speed & Control – Drift Racing
School of Rhythm and Music – Music & Dance
School of Force & Fitness - Fighting
School of Tactics & Strategy – RTS
School of Fantasy & Adventure – Roleplaying

Interested? Let's hear it.

If anyone is interested, please don’t hesitate to post below. If I gather enough interest I will seek a co-GM/moderator and I will setup an official application for people to use for their characters.

Cheers!

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Xenolord

johnnyboyboy

Just some quotes.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

wander

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."