GURPS vs. DND 3.5/Pathfinder

Started by 1Midnightdream, July 21, 2012, 01:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Quote from: MasterMischief on August 26, 2012, 08:02:32 AM
GURPS Swashbucklers is the first book I grab when I run a pirate campaign regardless of what system I am using.
The Conan books over the years were also pretty good for universal use.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on August 19, 2012, 08:26:43 PM
The Book of Erotic Fantasy, from what I remember, mostly had sex as a power-up for combat abilities. Which is missing the point in more ways than one, IMO :P!
Also, much of it is generally considered unbalanced by the d20 experts, which is weird, since Lunar Sage was complaining about overpowered characters.
Doesn't matter either way, if you want any of the flavour in it, you can adapt it to GURPS easily 8-).

Oh, the BoEF is very unbalanced, but not overpowered, it's tilted too far the other way - useless material for the sake of being 'sexy' (exception being the atrocity that is the Metaphysical Spellshaper). I like to say that it follows the Rule of Three: Stuff in that book is Balanced, Mature, or Usable in an actual game; you can pick two, but nothing is all three at once.

Its stuff about breeding/pregnancy and relationships with various races is the real gold mine, plus the single best quote of any D&D sourcebook I've ever read, "Love Life of an Ooze".