DnD 3.5 Unlimited: Legendary Monsters Recruitment part2!

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 07, 2016, 09:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Yes, auras get the bonuses as they affect allies, enemies or yourself. So in this case I say Inspiring gets the +13 bonus but only either to the attack roll/skill checks or to the saves (not both). Or add it to radius of effect (+15'ft so you got 25'ft radius than 10'ft radius of effect). Also true wild emphaty does not get +13 bonus either.

Overall interesting concept for a renown fey beauty/queen who started embrace and welcome aberrant beings (which are natural enemies of fey kind normally) being then locked up from messing natural order of things.

Keelan

I assume it is applied to the Wild Surge for the Wilder class?

Also with Fire Souled she is immune to Psychic Enervation :3

Zaer Darkwail

+13 insight does not apply to wild surge bonus as I classify it same as various PrC granted bonuses to CL (like Archmage can get +1 CL universally if they sacrifice spell slot permamently example or Ultimate Magus gets). True your increased manifester level allows use more PP on powers but it's sort same as higher CL makes baseline spells better (magic missile firing more magic missiles).

Also as general ruling (same as with Witch) is that if your immune to condittion caused by class feature or other feat, you cannot use class feature or feat (example; Dread Witch who is immune to fear cannot benefit anything from fear spell cast on the Dread Witch). So immunity to daze means you cannot benefit from Wild Surge.

However as with Witch I can allow that your not immune to daze when using wild surge but it must include something else also (like any effect which is generated by emotion keyworded spell or effect or generated by someone else's wild surge). Wild Surge is balanced around for the fact you run risk becoming dazed. However you can recover faster by having Quick Recovery feat from Lords of Madnes (whenever your dazed, stunned etc you can start of your turn recover from it in return loosing move action).

Sain

Although, it is worth noting that under our current ruling the increased manifester level +13 to ML does not allow manifesting higher level powers. You're still limited to your normal ML as with HD progression + whatever temporary boosters you have (wild surge, overchannel, etc.). Which, considering how powers scale purely on PP used rather than ML is kind of outdated with rest of the tweaks, but...    ::) 
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Zaer Darkwail

However there is expection; Ardent class specifically stated gets access to powers based on power point usage (than actual class level) it has passively. So adding +13 insight bonus to manifester level to ardent (and thus able manifest +13 more PP over normal ML) allows you get 9th level powers (this much one Jerions what Pale has is able to do and is a cohort). However you cannot augment any powers which go beyond your level normal manifester level (so you can manifest 8th or 9th level powers based on mantles taken but you cannot augment/enchance them, just paying minimum PP cost for them nor able augment any powers beyond your normal manifester level).

But otherwise correct that higher ML does not mean higher level powers (just able boost them).

Keelan

Hm... well, personally I'd rather have powers that are harder to resist than be able to boost a power to high/expensive levels only for it to be more easily resisted. Greater Chance of Success > Better Chance of One-Shotting

(Honestly I'd rather have the +13 Insight to my PLAs/SLAs instead of the 15 CL for just that reason, if you'd allow me : P)

That does however mean that I can add it as a flat bonus to Surging Euphoria however, which I like ^_^

Keelan

So... is there any class besides Knight and Samurai that gives 'leadership boosts' and stuff? I like both, but I'm trying to find a class that gives me a Reflex boost or a Will+Reflex boost and not a Fort Boost, to best reflect her Fey-ness (Fey, after all, get good Will and Reflex saves natively), but I was also hoping for 3/4 progression...

Basically I'm trying to make her do more 'neat things' than simply be a powerhouse with her Martial class...

Lockepick

Heroes of Battle has some Leadership feats, and I believe 'Legendary Leader' is a prestige class that allows for some big leadership bonuses. Though if Leadership Auras (or whatever they were called) aren't being used, it takes a lot of clout out of the class. Without checking, I assume they'd be FOR, or maybe FOR/WIL.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Keelan

I forgot how many bullshit skills 3.5 has... EDIT: Seriously, please tell me we're using PF skills instead : P

*luffs her Pathfinder PDFs and SRD*

Also, I have a picture of the Tentacle Queen!

Zaer Darkwail

We use 3.5 edition skills :P. But if players (overall) want swap to pathfinder skills (merge them mostly than do entire skill point revamp), then we could use them.

Keelan

I assume Legendary Commander to give me assloads of Followers isn't houseruled at all to let me use it without 30 ranks in Diplomacy? : P

Also, Character Sheet for now: still have 3 feats and Equipment to do (Druid spells can change so I haven't put them in yet : P)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=788585

Zaer Darkwail

You need qualify for the epic feat what you take :P. So need 30 ranks in diplomacy before able to take it. However there is feat called extra followers in heroes of battle which doubles number of your followers.

Keelan

Alright, so had a flash of inspiration after checking ACFs, and this is the result!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=797692

Critique/Comment/Etc pls as I work out the items and the last Feat...

towerhouse

This looks interesting, is the level limit still 12?

For the core class, I was thinking something like Warblade 7/iaijutsu master 5.

Is psionics allowed? 
-TH

On/Offs

Zaer Darkwail

Limit is at 13th level now and also you can start one three advantages; either level up, start as demigod or start out with a artifact. Psionics are allowed and is laijutsu master.

Keelan: So far what I could see I saw no problems with your char, so your good to go. Just post your char in charsheet section and write fluff/background story (in detail) for your char.

towerhouse

Quote from: Keelan on April 30, 2016, 05:02:00 PM
Alright, so had a flash of inspiration after checking ACFs, and this is the result!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=797692

Critique/Comment/Etc pls as I work out the items and the last Feat...

I'm still trying to understand how you got +31 charisma.  Can someone break it down for me?  Also, I assume we are using the CR for determining the racial hit dice.  Not HD + ECL which would be 13.
-TH

On/Offs

Keelan

Quote from: towerhouse on May 08, 2016, 10:51:13 AM
I'm still trying to understand how you got +31 charisma.  Can someone break it down for me?  Also, I assume we are using the CR for determining the racial hit dice.  Not HD + ECL which would be 13.

+8 (Nymph Racial (19-11=8 per SS), +4 Half-Fey (which can be applied to Fey, and is TECHNICALLY correct, just that the other half is also fey), +4 (Fire-Souled), and +15 (Paragon) = 8+4+4+15=31

And yes, it's CR OR HD, whichever is higher. Nymph for instance is 6HD but CR7, so it's CR7 for the racial line.

Phaia

I would be interested in making something for this but have no idea how. I have the 3.5 PH on a pdf and nothing else handy!

Are there any guides?
I do have an idea just not sure how to work it since it does play a good bit off some Pathfinder aspects [traits and subclasses]

Phaia

towerhouse

Quote from: Keelan on May 08, 2016, 01:06:54 PM
+8 (Nymph Racial (19-11=8 per SS), +4 Half-Fey (which can be applied to Fey, and is TECHNICALLY correct, just that the other half is also fey), +4 (Fire-Souled), and +15 (Paragon) = 8+4+4+15=31

And yes, it's CR OR HD, whichever is higher. Nymph for instance is 6HD but CR7, so it's CR7 for the racial line.

Thanks.

Personally I wouldn't mind basing it off of CR even though the CR is for a monster going toe to toe with an entire party of 4 of that level.  So CR > Level.
-TH

On/Offs

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Phaia on May 09, 2016, 09:27:10 PM
I would be interested in making something for this but have no idea how. I have the 3.5 PH on a pdf and nothing else handy!

Are there any guides?
I do have an idea just not sure how to work it since it does play a good bit off some Pathfinder aspects [traits and subclasses]

Phaia

Start by going to the 3.5 SR and reading up on how Gestalt works. That's the fundamental aspect of character creation, so grok that before trying to process any of the houserules or modifications.

Phaia

I understand how gestalt works and can do that...i havent seen how we gain attibutes ...normal rolling 4d6?
Reading a bit in google not sure if my idea would work for D&D completely

Phaia

TheGlyphstone

One benefit of a game like this is that you can give a concept, and you'll get a bunch of suggestions for turning your concept into a best-fit character.

Phaia

okay then here is a basic concept:
Monster Race-- Doppelganger
Rogue/? [might go fighter for the feats but also was thinking sorcerer]

She is the THIEF, but is barely known by mortals. She steals most anything but favors wishes and luck. He carries a luck blade that may have a wish still. I had used the idea of the trait 'Fate's Favored' for an extra +1 luck bonus. I would like the doppi to have Spell resistance and some sort of psi defenses and be almost completely undetectable. Probably NE she cares mostly about herself and finding the greatest challenges to her skills and abilities. I was hoping there was an artifact like the 'Perfection Key' from pathfinder so she could be looking for the impossible lock and whatever was locked away by it.

basic concept that i can reduce or expand on

Phaia

Phaia

well okay.. I will drop any idea for here!

have fun

Phaia

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry, been busy myself past days (and also expected Kunoichi or someone to comment your build before I did).

The concept (of a ultimate doppleganger rogue) is workable and okay. However I am not sure is there monster or template which adds further luck bonus besides one already provided by the luck bonus. Also your doppi gets paragon creature template which comes with hefty SR already (actually best one so far as I know). Psi defenses I assume somesort defense against psychic powers? It's possible but I think there is no universal immunity to psionics (but there are means to become immune mind-affecting abilities). Also there is phrenic creature template which gives you bunch of psionic powers. Being absolutely undetectable would mean combination of templates and probably class feature or item. I myself know a item which makes you completetly undetected via divinations.

What comes to perfection key, it can be taken as one your starting rewards (and what I can see the artifact is okay; simply key which absolutely perfectly opens any door with a lock).