Jurassic Apocalypse (Interest Check)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, October 11, 2016, 06:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

When Dr. Hammond died and passed his dreams, his hopes, on to the next generation he had no idea that it would turn out so grand. When they opened up their new park, with biologically engineered dinosaurs they had enhanced they had no idea what they were doing to the world. As the park broke out into chaos as the Indominous Rex wreaked havoc on it, killing multitudes of people and becoming the temporary leader of the pack of raptors the Park had the world flew into a rage about it.

The world called for the destruction of all the dinosaurs. The problem was when they went to the Island to destroy it, the park like so many of the others that had been abandoned, had flourished. Left to their own devices, the dinosaurs began to breed. The twin of the Indominous Rex that they assumed had been eaten at infancy hadn’t been. In fact, the twin had only been hiding from sight, operating with it’s sibling in order to bring about the chaos. As the world sent in troops to kill the dinosaurs, not wanting to resort to bombing an entire Island, they found only death came to their troops.

As the world began to rage war on one another the Islands were soon forgotten. All six of them. As humanity began to break down, on the brink of nuclear war, it created the perfect environment for dinosaurs to flourish. Humans began killing each other with bombs and guns. The world ate itself down to less than 10 million people across the globe. The continents began to shift once more, rocked by the nuclear explosions that countries had set off. Continents collided with one another once more and Scientists couldn’t describe it. The ozone created a dense environment from the nuclear fallout that coated it.

For over 100 years humanity had nothing. The small bands of people fought within themselves. Fought for clean water and places where radiation hadn’t soaked into the Earth so deep that anything that grew was also irradiated.. The vegetation thickened with time, creating spans of nothing but jungle. Ice caps began to making the ocean the perfect place to host it’s ancient Cretaceous and Triassic beings once more. While humanity struggled to regain a smidgeon of what it once was, the biologically created dinosaurs flourished taking over the land. Animals began to mutate from the radiation. Only small animals, cats, dogs, bird, remained wholly unchanged. Animals that humanity kept safe.

A small settlement took shelter in one of the craters left by the bombs. Using the safety of crater's depth they begun to dig out the walls, making the drop steep so no predator would chance it. It took them many years but they set up a trade caravan between their city and others that had popped up over time. The settlement, deeming themselves ‘Nublar’ after the first Island Ingen had been creating dinosaurs on as the dinosaurs were one of the few things that had survived the war without being changed completely. The original settlers of Nublar became a council, electing unanimously a chairmen to be the voice of reason and a tie breaker of the council. From their Nublar grew, taking in travelers, drifters, and anyone who didn’t appear to be untrustworthy. The dinosaurs remained a problem though.
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

Essentially this game will be an apocalyptic setting though not in the general setting. It would be in a jungle setting, with a barter and trade system. Guns, would be very scarce. Ammo not as scarce, as it would be easier to create than a weapon. More basic weapons would be the common place. Spears, knives, bows, machetes, axes, things of that nature. Every person within the community would be expected to have their place and job. Think of it a bit like Fallout but with a Dinosaur and jungle setting. Dinosaurs are a very REAL threat. Caravans are sent out with armed guards using some of the only weapons that Nublar would have. So if you’re interested in something like that please, fill out a character sheet!

Appearance
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Job:[/b] (What does your character do within the city. I will allow members of the council within reason.)
[b]WoC;[/b] (Weapon of choice)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b] (It would have to be relative to the new setting of course.)
[b]Other:[/b]

Name: Jane Adams

Orientation: Bisexual

Job: Mercenary

WoC; Bow, though she does have a pistol she uses only in the most dire of situations.

Personality: Jane is a fairly private person. She has a strong set of morals that she adheres too. Blunt, honest, and cheeky she has a quick tongue. She sees no problem in telling people how it is. Jane is also fiercely loyal. An intelligent young woman, she’s independent, relying on no one. Guarded and strong she doesn’t like the way that many of the council members, all men, view women. 

History: Jane’s Father was a member of the council for many years before Jane was born. He was voted off the council because of his views on the dinosaurs and how he felt they should recover some of the technology that created them. The others felt it was too dangerous and Jane’s Father and Mother moved out of the city, though still within the bounds of the crater. Jane spent her early years learning to tinker from her Father, her mother taught her to survive and until they were killed by a rogue raptor attack Jane was a happy child. At the age of 16, shortly after their death Jane took over the small merchant shop that her father ran out of the building beside their hours. Early on it became apparent that Jane was a marksman with her bow. Moving her childhood friend into the house that her parents had built Jane became a mercenary hireable for those wishing to trek out into the jungle and even as an extra caravan guard. While she was gone, her childhood friend stayed and watched the shop. Selling what she could and buying what she thought Jane would want.

Other:  Jane has a dog named Rufus as well as a compy named Lauren. She raised the two of them together to see how the dinosaur would react after being raised by a human instead of within the compy community.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Amarlo on October 12, 2016, 11:14:16 AM
-turns in her tentative interest slip.-

I accept all interests slips. Even tentative.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

RedEve

Can you perhaps give a bit more detail about the kind of characters you are hoping for here?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Nim

I absolutely love the Jurasic world.  Consider me very interested.  Ideas for two characters come to mind but I will need some time to come up with bios for both of them. 

However I'm curious about something.  What would you think of one of the characters we choose to play be that of one or more of the dinosaurs.  Raptors in all the movies have proven to be very intelligent and I would love to play such a role.  That and or any other dinosaurs that might need playing.

~Nim~     

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: RedEve on October 14, 2016, 08:35:06 AM
Can you perhaps give a bit more detail about the kind of characters you are hoping for here?

I'm hoping for all sorts of characters. If this gets off the ground I'd like to have a variety. Different traders and workers. Even a council member.

Quote from: Nim on October 14, 2016, 11:20:45 PM
However I'm curious about something.  What would you think of one of the characters we choose to play be that of one or more of the dinosaurs.  Raptors in all the movies have proven to be very intelligent and I would love to play such a role.  That and or any other dinosaurs that might need playing.

~Nim~     

You would have to do such a thing with great finesse. I'm not entirely sure.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Nim

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on October 15, 2016, 10:02:02 AM
\
You would have to do such a thing with great finesse. I'm not entirely sure.

Perhaps we could give it a chance and if you don't like the way I play the dinosaur just say so and I'll be just as happy playing my other two human characters.

TheHangedOne

I'd be interested in playing a character. Working on ideas; probably a hunter of some sort. Fresh meat, pelts, skins and the like will always be something needed in great supply. I am curious, though, what do you think of tamed dinosaurs? I was thinking of it being an herbivore, used as a mount or pack mule sort of thing. Not playing as one, like Nim asked, but just having my character in possession of one.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Nim on October 15, 2016, 10:43:00 PM
Perhaps we could give it a chance and if you don't like the way I play the dinosaur just say so and I'll be just as happy playing my other two human characters.

I would definitely be up to giving it a chance. I like to think I'm pretty open minded!

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 17, 2016, 10:31:21 AM
I'd be interested in playing a character. Working on ideas; probably a hunter of some sort. Fresh meat, pelts, skins and the like will always be something needed in great supply. I am curious, though, what do you think of tamed dinosaurs? I was thinking of it being an herbivore, used as a mount or pack mule sort of thing. Not playing as one, like Nim asked, but just having my character in possession of one.

I could see him having a trained Herbivore, maybe a smaller one. Perhaps it's something that the city is slowly getting into. Using them almost as cattle.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

TheHangedOne

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on October 18, 2016, 02:30:06 PM
I could see him having a trained Herbivore, maybe a smaller one. Perhaps it's something that the city is slowly getting into. Using them almost as cattle.
Cool.  :-) And yeah, the more docile creatures I could see being eventually domesticated, and used as beasts of burden or the like.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

AmbrosiaPudding

Awesome! Sounds like something I'm excited to see.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Nim

Appearance

Name: Lythmara aka Mara
Orientation: Bi but normally prefers women.
Job: Director of security/ police force
WoC; Bow and arrows, throwing knives or stars, spears, as well as hand to hand combat.
Personality: Normally a very private person keeping her personal thoughts to herself. Has learned how to work well with others without giving up her own private thoughts and beliefs.  With Lythmara trust is earned not automaticaly given.  Extremely loyal to those she loves and cares about. 
History: Ever since Lythmara was a child she loved being outdoors.  Exploring local regions as well as pushing her boundaries by exploring place which had been forbidden not only by her parents but by local authorities as well.  Once her father finally got it through his head that she was bound and determined to go where she pleased, he decided to teach her who to use a bow and other throwing weapons, along with hand to hand techniques so that she might have a chance against anything she might encounter.  Mara was also taught about the many species of dinosaurs which roamed upon the face of the world, as well as being taught about the plant and floral life.  So in a nut shell she would be able to take care of herself in most any given situations. 
Other: There are many things which Lythmara truly wants out of life.  Security not only for herself but for those around her, a place to call home and last but not least she wants a true and trusted relationship.  Unfortunately for her relationships were very hard to come by.  Yes she had many friends and a few lovers.  But lovers were few and far between.  The fact that she preferred women and was far more attracted to them did not make it any easier on her for sometimes she overlooked men who could truly have made a great partnership with her. 

LewdAdmiral

I am definitely interested.  I will have a character sheet up after work.

[tr]
   [td]REQUEST THREAD[/td]
   [td]
O/O
[/td]
   [td]F-LIST
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

yobo

Is this still happening? If so I would be interested.

Elven Sex Goddess

Appearance -  Light brown hair with rich deep blue eyes.   At six foot four inches muscular frame.   With long hair and beard gives John a mountain man look.

Name: John James Frasier
Orientation:  Heterosexual
Job:  Blacksmith;  fashions weapons, , traps, tools and even can cast bullets.  Plus able to repair guns. 
WoC;  two handed Hammer,  Crossbow

Personality:  A large teddy bear of a man.  Who has a generous open side to him.  Strong, steady with a even keel in the face of such a life that survivors of the past 100 years face in their daily life.   He is the rock that gives foundation to a community.   A strong sense of family.

History:  John is fifth generation blacksmith,  his great great grand father was a apprentice gun smith when the wars had broken out.   From that time during the chaos of destruction and upheaval that wiped billions from the world.    His kin slowly took on the role of blacksmiths.   John carries on that legacy. 

That legacy through began with his great great grandfather, it was his great grandfather that realized that the survivors would need such men and women as himself.   To provide and make the tools that people would need to survive or even repair old ones.   There is no more Walmart's or Macy's and Home Depots.

Other:  John is gifted not only with physical prowess.  But with a high creative intellect.   Which has allowed him to create useful tools and weapons such as a crossbow.  Without having a prior knowledge or blueprint for such.   Which belies his mountain man look. 

As mentioned in personality John has a strong sense of family.   So far through he has not met his life mate.   

Or the following character,  either one which helps fill out the group and balance it.

Appearance - A petite woman at 4'11 inches in height.   Raven black hair and dark brown eyes. 

Name:  Tammy Johns
Orientation:  Bi-Sexual
Job: Rogue / Scout
WoC; Boomerang, Bolas

Personality:  Mischievous daredevil carefree attitude.  As youth serves a sense of immortality and Tammy is no different in such regards.  As she has been born into a world that is dangerous for the norm.  With a curious trait that drives her to see beyond the city.

History:  Born into a world,  Tammy physical attributes drives what and who she is.   An that is with rogue like qualities.   The ability to sneak up and steal dinosaur eggs.   To lead groups outside of the city.   With a working knowledge as a guide and scout. Athletic in being quick and a contortionist.   Allowing her to slip into places others could not go.   Makes her a valuable asset.   

Unlike others that have usual weapons either forged or perhaps a gun.    Tammy relies on a boomerang and bolas to defend and hunt with.   Her curious  trait has lead her to be a quite competent guide and scout among the community.   As a teen adolescent she would sneak out of the city and explore the island.   Finding hidden spots,   with that sense of immortality of youth.   

Now reaching what the community considers a adult,   her daring escapades have groomed her for her role in the community. 

Other:  One such egg she stole from a nest.  Is her companion Trix.   Who she uses much as a falconer in falconry would use a falcon to help her hunt and alert her to near by danger.   

Trix is a Archaeopteryx from the Jurassic period of a 150 million years ago.   They are in terms of a modern avian birds med size.   Trix is 8 inches tall and has bonded to  Tammy from being a hatching.   Trix has a long bony tail feathers,  allowing for dive attacks with razor sharp teeth.     

Nim

Very creative characters Elven Sex Goddess.  But then again all the characters I have ever seen you create have been that way so I don't think I'd ever expect anything less from you.  LOL

Barbarian

Interested! I would like to come up with a police sergeant, working under Nim's char Mara if Nim and Carnage are ok with it.

Nim

That sounds like a good idea to me Barbarian.

AmbrosiaPudding

Okay, so this is still on just so everyone knows! I've been away on a business trip for three weeks. It's been kind of crappy but I plan on getting into the full swing of things.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Nim

Knocks on the virtual door.  Not to be a pain in anyone's tush or anything... But are we going to play this game or not.  This sounds like a really good idea and I'd hate to see it fall to the way side so to speak.

Auctor

out of curiosity is this game still recruiting?

Relikai

Hazel

AmbrosiaPudding

This thing is still going, I've created the OOC and I'll be posting the IC soon. I'll link it here and in the OOC.

I'd be happy to see any other characters!

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop