Anthro Wars interest check:)

Started by WhiteTigerForever, November 16, 2010, 03:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteTigerForever

I was inspired by another member to possible make this a group rp thread and I love the idea!!!

Anthro/Furry potential story line:

We have two main wolf/feline characters... a strong very masculine wolf or feline and a wolf or tiger anthro... I prefer tribal cultures in such settings and directly connected to the environment. I like to establish the landscape, setting, the conflict, character and personality details, the historical details, a good historical back drop for reference in the rp, other prominent and not so prominent characters, politics, everything... tons of details and a good story line laying over all of it...seeping into the crevices of all the things we established to draw from in the rp.

In anthro wars.. it could be an environmental and territory crisis as say amphibians are trying to change the landscape, take over their territories and upsetting the balance...tribes can be set off based on types: felines, wolfs, dogs, felines, and all such land mammals and the reptiles, amphibians, and everything in between... and of coarse each kind of living being has a status among the inner circles of their tribe also.

This is all tribal- pre or non christian based.  Anyone interested in this please post ;D

I would like to be the head leader of a matriarchal feline tribe, And I'd like to be the head of the counsel the closest to a leader our clan can get as my avi... a snow leopard anthro... but we need lots of people to join in to make this fun!

and my name to be: Gwyn Helwyr (pronounce phonetically as Gooin Helooir, all soft i's) meaning White Hunter.

Any one up for my mate and head warrior of the tribe?

Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

Ironwolf85

I was thinking I might do a greek style citystate or somthing, my idea was a greek lion or somthing, they live well with their enviroment, but are more developed.

somthing based on this
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

WhiteTigerForever

My goal and hopes were to keep this as much of a lesser developed environment and again, tribal based... maybe out side the struggle you can be an ally or an enemy that is from a society more highly developed, but farther away and is of aid on our side of against ?  What do you think?

Ironwolf85

my thoughts exactly forgin soldiers from north of the great sea...they want to defend their trading partners.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

WhiteTigerForever

sounds goood... now we need MOAR!!! XD

Chromatose

I might be interested in joining. I like the idea of a head warrior that's not actually the leader of the tribe, so that role intrigues me.

WhiteTigerForever

Indeed XD... hee hee for a different tribe or a feline tribe? Cuz if your in the feline tribe.. your in the running as my mate XD... *points to pic of anthro tiger in my 1st post*  let us know!!! XD

KnowThySire

This idea seems rather interesting. I'd like to put my name in for the head warrior of the wolf tribe.
There can only be one king.

WhiteTigerForever

KnowThySire

Thank you. It's good to be here. There's not enough anthro/furry rps on this site.

Chromatose

I'm definitely interested in playing your character's mate...a headstrong tiger warrior sounds really appealing.

DigitLninja

I'm in, My Fursona is a Fox Anthro with large bat wings for flight. if you dislike that then you can just consider him a Flying Fox Anthro. I don't know if I should be the start of a second tribe or part of the feline tribe as Foxes can technically fit in both categories but are considered canine.

Also I don't have a picture of my character but he does has a back story that starts with him being human and transforming into an anthro, this back story can be ignored or placed as part of his history for some conflict.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

WhiteTigerForever

Wecome! DigitLninja as the unset title of the Flying Foxes clanXD

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

WhiteTigerForever

well, if this all works out, it will be fun and your added already at the top, just think of what title you wantXD

DigitLninja

Hmm, that depends on if my clan is at war with the felines or planing to become allies with them.
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

lolz that's the spirit.. but.. the general theme is preservation of the land as it is as the amphibians and reptiles are moving in... trying to take over the land and the ecosystem ;D  I think you might want to stick with the mammals XD... but we'll see...

DigitLninja

ah alright, I didn't get that... I thought it was every tribe for themselves... in that case I'll stick with the mammals...
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

lolz, we can battle out our petty differences later and give me back my loincloth damnit!!! hee hee

DigitLninja

Sorry Wolfgang enjoyed the scent *hands back your loincloth*
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

roflmfao ha ha ha ha ha ha that was priceless XD

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Kirinis

Any space for some rather territorial bear-people?

WhiteTigerForever

mmmhmmm we need a bear sage or a bear tribe member... thow in your loin cloth and let us know what youd like to be XD

DigitLninja

my title will be "Tail Wind" the right hand of the tribe leader... I have a question though, I assume we are fighting with weapons and claws what about magical ability?
Quotes to Live by:

Chromatose

I'm curious about what kind of technology level the tribes are at. Do they use sticks and rocks and hides, or do they have some carpentry and basic metalworking?

Kirinis

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on November 20, 2010, 10:19:48 PM
we need a bear sage.

Mmmm, roasted bear with some sage..... *starts drooling*  What do you mean that's not what you're talking about?  Oh a bear sage, why didn't you say so?  Well a bear sage is fine, I'm thinking the bears will be a bit of an isolationist tribe.

WhiteTigerForever

DigitLninja

ooooooohhhhhhhh yesssssssss and omg there is a pun in your name lmfao ha ha ha ha ha ha ha "TailWind" just don't light a match XD

sorry.. do forgive me I couldn't resist!!! XD  there, is that a cool gif or what? XD

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Kirinis on November 20, 2010, 11:18:52 PM
Mmmm, roasted bear with some sage..... *starts drooling*  What do you mean that's not what you're talking about?  Oh a bear sage, why didn't you say so?  Well a bear sage is fine, I'm thinking the bears will be a bit of an isolationist tribe.

ha ha ha ha ha another prankster and a punner like meez ..

Chromatose:  Well, that is definitely discuss.. the history behind the.. if you ever read any of my posts.. I am a prologue fanatic XD

DigitLninja

wow... how was I not expecting a joke like that... ><
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: DigitLninja on November 21, 2010, 07:23:02 AM
wow... how was I not expecting a joke like that... ><

*bows down humbly before the great leader of the wolf clan, "Please, please forgive my lack of restraint and weakness for silliness at times!" as she grovels prostrate before him.*

DigitLninja

"Alright, but you owe me a private grooming later on." *wink wink*
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

ok ok.. its a deal... besides I'm great at "grooming", yea, that's it "grooming"!!!

DigitLninja

Tongue baths are the best way to get clean.
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

.... mmmmhmm and I have a very scratchy comb like tongue..  I will get you nice and groomed!  *spits out fur and looks at it... "Ohhhh wolf fur!"* XD

DigitLninja

*chuckles* technically it's fox fur but we won't go into specifics.
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

"ack...ack...ack..*"hairball!"  I wuvs my new foxy friend ;)

DigitLninja

thank you ^_^

I enjoy felines but your far more fun than most. *tosses a ball of yarn and watches the results*
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

DigitLninja!!!!!!!!........... Nooooooo faaaaaaaiiiiiirrrrrrr, you know I cant resist a moving target, a piece of string,a basket of fresh clean clothes or crunchy papers you have laid out and are trying to work on!!!

Quote from: Kirinis on November 20, 2010, 11:18:52 PM

Maybe a parody off Buddhist Monks even XD

but we need amphibians, reptiles and even some fish!!!   I saw a Shark Anthro the day XD!

and on a side note for mockery purposes only until more are interested in the game:

a highlighted quote for amusement: Muffliato!” Are the spells in “Harry Potter” real words? “Riddikulus!”

Isengrad

I may have an Equine to Throw in. Strongest warrior of a Barbarian horde.. eithier a representative.. or given as a mark of trust to be a leaders personal body guard. would like to work with someone on that as to the particulars... if Horses fit into the world.

original artwork by karabiner

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Isengrad on November 21, 2010, 12:58:58 PM
I may have an Equine to Throw in. Strongest warrior of a Barbarian horde.. eithier a representative.. or given as a mark of trust to be a leaders personal body guard. would like to work with someone on that as to the particulars... if Horses fit into the world.

oohooo nice...!!! Maybe a hot tempered, fiery Arabian solid black stallion, the king of all horses?? Nice... no one rides him without respect and permission, if at all!!!  What do you think?

Isengrad

Hmmm, Depends on your definition of Ride "P  But solid black is my usual color of choice for my Horse anthros. Still though, I do plan for hmm to be strong and kinda short tempered.

Hmmm, actual leader of the Barbarian horde.. makes sense it is rule of the horde.. the strongest one leads.. And this brings some interesting aspects.. i can either have consorts(gifted by towns that dont want my horde running though) or a slave girl or two, women are spoils of conquest after all.. though some might earn his respect by showing thier skill and ferocity with a blade.

DigitLninja

Have one of you "spoils of battle" be an amphibian or sea creature to make it interesting.
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: DigitLninja on November 21, 2010, 04:39:28 PM
Have one of you "spoils of battle" be an amphibian or sea creature to make it interesting.

That is a good option if there is a bargain made to appease all internal affairs and help in gaining you high spirited cooperation!

Hmmmmmm I was thinking of you as the King of horses, inspired by the horse in the anime "King of the North Star"  Proud and regal is he.. but..  I don't thin the other predator anthros would willingly accept the rule of such a mighty spirit.  Could be one of the internal conflicts we are putting aside for the moment to defend our landsXD

Isengrad

A predator prey squabble, he he i like that. The Felines may be predators, but the Horse is at least 7 feet of solid muscle.. and very pissed off, hard to get around that :p

WhiteTigerForever

seeeeeee great room for personal differences and depth that could be added to the rp  XD!!!

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Isengrad

Ohhh, I got the perfect response for any feline that tries to threaten him now "Try it, Kitten" shows that utter balls-outattude that a barbarian King would have, and his opinion of the predator/prey relationship... Badassery and a political comment rolled into one little three word phrase.

WhiteTigerForever

A single Leopard is smart enough to try to take down a strong male stallion, but the weak and the old are fair game but that also depends of if we have an agreement based on traded or common motives..

DigitLninja:  *falls flat on flow with him on my back looking undignified*

DigitLninja

^^ that worked far to well.... now imma be killed right?
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

nope *bats you around a little bit cuz your tail is fun to chase, but I've already eaten, so you run off*

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

KnowThySire

Quote from: DigitLninja on November 21, 2010, 04:39:28 PM

Maybe a mermaid. Lol

Kirinis

KnowThySire

WhiteTigerForever

hey mer men and mer maid, eel men and eel women are awesome ideas guys!!!

KnowThySire

*pushes Kirinis out of the way* They were all my ideas.   O:)

DigitLninja

a frog can swallow without choking... considering he's a horse it may be beneficial information.
Quotes to Live by:

KnowThySire

Quote from: DigitLninja on November 22, 2010, 07:29:39 AM
a frog can swallow without choking... considering he's a horse it may be beneficial information.

Greatest..... Post..... Ever......

DigitLninja

hee hee hee ^_^

I'mma naughty foxy.
Quotes to Live by:

KnowThySire

I think I know what "Spoils of War" the horse guy's taking now.

Isengrad

hmmm, I do guess something like Her would do Nicely for an amphibian slave.

Another thing is if the mammals are just now coming together the slave could be mammalian as well, considering as a barbarian he would raid anything he damn well pleases... another source of internal conflict if they were just brought into the alliance.

Either that, or the slave girl(or guy if there is a femboi) is an offering to have him and his horde join.

WhiteTigerForever

omfg guys you are cracking me up!!! We need more women on both sides and women on the mammal side to.. we at this point can create a game with each person representing and playing their tribe member.. but more slimy and reptile and fishy people and more women.. I am so in the minority here being a fantasy action lover.. I am aaaallll alone!!!

oooh oooh did you say fem boy?  yummy!!! 

for the horse king:

DigitLninja

... the fact that you are the only female right now is giving me some ideas.
Quotes to Live by:

Kirinis

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on November 22, 2010, 07:27:41 AM
*pushes Kirinis out of the way* They were all my ideas.   O:)

That's good, dear.  Just remember who'll be sleeping on the couch later.  >:)

Isengrad

hmm, a binding contract offering herself as a show of good faith could be pretty interesting.

as far as the scalies, anphips and fish go, we can npc them until we get people that want to play them.

KnowThySire

KnowThySire

Quote from: DigitLninja on November 22, 2010, 08:29:41 AM
... the fact that you are the only female right now is giving me some ideas.

I just noticed that she was the only girl too....... Uh-oh!

Isengrad

Oh, and im thinking a little more somehting like this guy

For the barbarian king, a touch of Conan in it hehehe

WhiteTigerForever

All magic included as each tribe has their own kind..

and only female hugh???? good luck with that one *crouch low, earls back, uttering a small growl, bearing teeth and claws open ready to tear and rip flesh*

uuuuuuummmmmmm     Isengrad  you are sooo packing, and it isn't a gun baby XD

KnowThySire

Isengrad

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on November 22, 2010, 08:52:37 AM

and only female hugh???? good luck with that one *crouch low, earls back, uttering a small growl, bearing teeth and claws open ready to tear and rip flesh*

*a wicked grin spreads across his face* Ohh, a Feisty one... *balls his fist, knuckles cracking*.. thats perfect, a little blood  tends to excite me.

DigitLninja

ok ok break it up... and besides we all know you have been using those horse steroids Isengrad.

as for angry kitty... *Tosses live salmon at you*
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

and the taste of it excites me!

and I know better than to attack your subordinates, weak, and sick from behind... *goes for the throat again and again, tearing flesh open, until the shock over whelms them and I pull them down >:)

well the mammals are doing great and we have several interested that can be the representative of each tribe and play several roles...

Mine will of coarse be the feline:..

I need to find other anthros, lions, Leopards(black and regular), cougars, and smaller ones to...XD

oooh oooh ooooh fish...chases it and devours in in 3 bites... Whaat.. it was a big salmon!! Must post now.. bee back later.. lets start putting thin together as a group rpXD

you guys find your anthros and members and structure of your tribes too!!!

oh and work on what specific types of magic each tribe has alsoXD

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

KnowThySire

Well, I have no problem playing multiple characters. I'll play the whole wolf tribe if I have to. Also the wolf tribe should probably have ice type magic.

Isengrad

Horse= Physical manipulation with inscribed runes.(meaning burts of strength, hardening of the skin into an armor like substance... stuff like that.. course that can also include  naughty things.. like sexual fluid volume)

KnowThySire

DigitLninja

I am trying so hard not to get into a competition of sexual nature with mr. super horse here...
Quotes to Live by:

KnowThySire

Quote from: DigitLninja on November 22, 2010, 09:23:55 AM
I am trying so hard not to get into a competition of sexual nature with mr. super horse here...

Well, eventually you're going to have to if there's only one female..... Why not go all out now?  XD

Isengrad

I'm an imaginative Kind of guy.

and didgit don't worry, i place limitations on all the magic of this nature, physical manipulation is such a powerful magic(even the sex magic kind) I'm going to try real hard not to make him a Gary sue character.

KnowThySire

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/2C00L4SCH00L/Vantage_Point.jpg

That'll be the Anthro of my main character. I'll find other pics for the other members of the wolf tribe. Anyone know how many positions do I need to fill?

DigitLninja

I have no image for my character. and none of the images I have seen fit him well.
Quotes to Live by:

Isengrad

mine is just a rough resembalance.

As far as Wolfs go. You are the alpha.. you will need a beta male as well as an alpha female, a beta female would work as well. thats using base wolf pack.

Or if you want a more fantasy sounding social struce you can go with the anita blake series social structure

Ulfirc= leader (i.e. you)
Lupa is your mate
Freki and geri are your third and fourth in command
Bolverk is a completely optional one, That is your Evil Do'er.. he is the whip master.. the one that punishes in your stead.

KnowThySire

I'll probably stick to the pack structure since it's more wolf-based unless Tiger tells me otherwise.

WhiteTigerForever

tribes, "legit magical powers", conflict, war...

lets get organized, XD  I'm still posting... and you amongst your own tribes decide your sexual natures and kinks lmao:

nooooooooo do stay with pack structure, it's excellentXD

Isengrad

not much to think about for me, Its rules of the horde.. The strong survive, the strongest rules.. if you cant use a weapon your good for housework and fucking.. thats it.

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Isengrad on November 22, 2010, 03:03:10 PM
not much to think about for me, Its rules of the horde.. The strong survive, the strongest rules.. if you cant use a weapon your good for housework and fucking.. thats it.

*points to the spear in my sig*

My favorite is the double Chinese close combat Butterfly Swords. I love them for many reasons.. but the first reason I started working with them is because of my.....top half size XD... it is more practical XD Hun-gar i.e Black Tiger and Wing-Chun (which was invented by a woman btw and is basically the same as the Mantis style ) use them alot and was introduced to them through study Wu Xu studies.  And them many advantages to it are listed in the link so I won't repeat what you will read..XD! Then there is Muay Tai, Krabi Krabong, forms of Silat and so much more!!!Tradition vs. street applicable... hee hee

Butterfly sword - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...not the same weapons, but the same ideaXD!

Baguazhang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia fantastic system XD and I love it!!!

List of martial arts weapons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia  nice summary for you, who are interested to read up on:)

oh and Lord K.. the 3 sectioned staff Sanjiegun IS a great weapon!!!

Kusarigama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia  there is a pick of the sickle mentioned earlier:)

I also looove the wind and fire wheels, the Sun and Moon spear blades, Wu Xu Iron Fan, the deer antler knives  and the Heaven and Earth  blade..XD

Eskrima is an awesome, practical system that is excellent, even in today's world...   Eskrima - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and never underestimate the use of a 6 dollar machete from Walmart either XD

and the Hanbo is awesome too... and takes alot more practice than you would think to masterXD as is the Chain whip...XD

also, my judo and grappling skills are very good too ;)

KnowThySire

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on November 22, 2010, 06:30:40 PM
*points to the spear in my sig*
Hmmm.... That must mean that she's not that good at the latter.  XD

WhiteTigerForever

Only who I choose ever finds out XD ;)

Chromatose

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on November 22, 2010, 08:49:44 PM
Hmmm.... That must mean that she's not that good at the latter.  XD

I dunno, housework and fucking are two very different skills.

KnowThySire

O_o *is suddenly intimidated*

@Chromatose: Lol Good point.

elfguy

This seems like a good thread to bring Sinvala. She's calm, somewhat timid, and very mysterious. She seems physically frail but her wooden staff with a glowing orb hints to some hidden abilities...

----

Chromatose

Ooh, another recruit for the feline tribe? :D

KnowThySire

Looks like the feline tribe has a head mage.

Chromatose

Bahaha, I have all the girls!  >:)

elfguy

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on November 22, 2010, 09:28:27 PM
Looks like the feline tribe has a head mage.

Well she's more of a druid, in tune with nature and such.
----

KnowThySire

Quote from: Chromatose on November 22, 2010, 09:34:27 PM
Bahaha, I have all the girls!  >:)
Don't worry. There's plenty of time for an interspecies relationship to occur.

Chromatose

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on November 22, 2010, 09:44:52 PM
Don't worry. There's plenty of time for an interspecies relationship to occur.

Well, we need something to fight over. XD

KnowThySire

That's the spirit. There's nothing more healthy than a bit of friendly competition..... Over women.

Chromatose

I mean, they could fight over us, but either way my tribe would win so that's just not fair. XD

KnowThySire

I don't know.... The idea of a forbidden relationship between a wolf and a feline might be appealing to some.

elfguy

My character is very open to being taken, roughly abused and made into a strong male's (or female's) mate. But watch out if you aren't up to the task, you may find you took on more than you can handle! ;P
----

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: elfguy on November 22, 2010, 09:21:08 PM
This seems like a good thread to bring Sinvala. She's calm, somewhat timid, and very mysterious. She seems physically frail but her wooden staff with a glowing orb hints to some hidden abilities...

ooooooohhhhhh hello there and welcome indeed!!!

IT IS TIME TO CUT OUT THE SILLINESS NOW AND GET ORGANIZED!!!  YOU HEAR GUYS....@,@

AFTER THAT LAST POST ELF, I DEFINITELY LIKE YOU... !!!

I will organize the current tribes, you, as I've asked, work out your own customs, tribal members (as you will be playing their parts also), and have it ready to go.  I will lay out the tribes.. please???

KnowThySire

Damn.... I was too late. Well, back to talking about the plot..... so yeah, I'm going to play my whole tribe, until somebody comes along asking for a spot. I was thinking maybe having between 6-8 characters in the tribe.

KnowThySire

I mean, the main thing is, we need at least one amphibian anthro to lead them. It would help so that we won't see everything coming.

Chromatose

How large are the tribes roughly anyway? Do the felines need alternates too, since we have three members?

Wolfy

Hmm...Are Otters allowed? I have a nice Otter girl I'd love to use for this...

KnowThySire

Well I based my tribe on basic Wolf pack size. It's hard to say how many felines should be together. I mean, other than lions, felines don't really stick together. You don't have to go by that, though. I would talk with Tiger about it since it's mainly her tribe.

Btw, good post in the other rp.

@Wolfy: I'm sure that it would be allowed, but I'm not sure if it would be considered mammal or amphibian. Probably mammal.

Ironwolf85

it seems the game is starting...
I've been planning my guys out and here's my basics:
The Leonin Cities from the northeast beyond the jungle and across the Sea of Grall, constant and brutal fighting between their citystates has made them develop into a cultural and military force, with a unique style of fighting, their own pantheon of deities, and an organized government.
The most important thing in the Leonin socity is personal and public glory, how many enemies you defeat, how much land you conquer for your city, how many trophies you have.
if one condenced their mantra it is
self above others, family above self, city above all
A few explorers have come this far south, and now Leonin adventurers have come seeking glory, loot, women, and stories to tell their children of strange lands of the south.
my guy is one such adventurer.
Leonin fight dirty, and fight to win, they do not use offencive magics, perfering to use force of arms to carry the day. they will hire locals to help them, or have warriors more forgin than themselves as backup.
as for sexuality, Leonin have no restrictions on gender class, but veiw things from a prespective of dominance and submissive, not Man and Woman, orentation varies female couples are not uncommon, so long as she bares a child for her family.
Otherwise they are a bit hedonistic at the end of the day, wine, song, sex a plenty.

Dark Deception

I found this interesting, and if I am allowed to join, I would like to role play the leader of the Dog Tribe. I would like for their race to be called: Canaan, almost like the Biblical city, but to make it more like a play off the word Canine. The Canaan tribe are more like a tribe of nomadic ninjas/thieves. They travel like the wind, passing through cities stealing whatever they can find as quickly as possible with few casualties and of course, the way of the ninja, without being seen or clearly identified. They are prone to guerrilla warfare if confronted by war and because dogs are rather plenty, the agents of the Canaan span far and wide that it can be stereotyped that most dog anthros may be affiliated. They don't exactly have an imperialistic goal. Instead, they only choose to survive in an anarchical society absent of taxes, unemployment, and hardship. Everyone gets fed in the tribe and everyone gets what they need. So the Canaan have no set residence.

They are swift and deadly like the ninja with techniques set for execution, traps, outwitting the opponent, poison, suicidal warfare, dirty play, etc. The Canaan though ruthless do bear a sense of honor, what that is however is not known for not many know of the Canaan and live to talk about them. In fact, they are also known to be only mere legend because of their elusive lifestyle.  :D

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Kirinis

As I initially picture it, here's the initial overview of the Ursinae, Blessed Children of The Bear.

There is are fundamental truths in this world...
Where there is truth, there is deception...
Where there is light, there is darkness...
There are those who cannot accept such truths.
Such is the burden of the Ursinae, Children of the Bear
To bear the watch so others may continue to live in sunlit innocence.

These are the fundamental facts instilled into each Ursina cub from birth.
This is why we must stand watch at the Mouth.
A portal leading into a dark place where dread things sleep and dwell.
To stand at the gate barring the way.
None may enter, and none may leave.

This was the first of many lessons of Arctias, Mother of Us All
To her Children, the First Amongst The Ursinae.

- Vetus, Sage Elder of the Tremarc Tribe

The Ursinae are a proud and reclusive People.  Residing deep in the forests they have devoted their lives to their most sacred of duties, the guardianship of the caves.  The Ursinae regard caves as both a sacred as well as profane area where none other than the Ursinae may tread.  They are fanatically devoted to keeping this true and will do anything to keep out outsiders.  Ursinae territories are renowned for their inhospitable nature as the Children of the Bear maintain an constant vigil and have rigged their territories with traps, some hidden, some not, false paths, and other diversions.

The Children allow strangers into their territories, even the most trusted are usually kept on the outer range of the forests, far from the sacred sites.  While not an inhospitable people, the Children are notoriously strict about wanderers.  Those who do not follow the proscribed paths or are accompanied by a Child are invariably killed for their trespasses, their bodies hung up like scarecrows at the borders of their territories as a warning.  Within their established territories, the Ursinae are nearly unbeatable.  They are intimately familiar with the terrain and its features and have no issue exploiting it for their maximum benefit.

The Children are a highly mystical and superstitious People, also a product of their teachings.  They venerate Arctias, Mother of Us All who is considered the first Ursinae in existence.  Arctias was the one who gave the earliest Ursinae their duty and instructions on how to carry it out.  Reputedly, the Mother of Us All also was the one who taught the Ursinae their strange magic.  Ursinae magic is reputedly derived from their communion with the Void in the caves.  Each Child before being assigned a Cave to guard is expected to have successfully communed with the Void once.  The proof is to be able to use said magic or so the legend goes. 

There have been very few eyewitnesses who have ever seen an Ursinae practice their magic in front of non-Ursinae.  Reputedly, in communing with the Void the Ursinae are able to manipulate the Void and the shadows of all things to perform dark miracles.  The Ursinae dismiss such claims, chalking up to fearful propaganda spread by the other People.  As for their magic, the Ursinae will only say that it girds themselves to better able perform  their sacred duty.

The Children despite their brusque demeanor are quite hospitable to guess as it is part of their culture to be extend hospitality to those who ask for it.  However, they will not brook violations of their hospitality.  Such breaches constitute an automatic ejection from Ursinae territories, upon pain of death.  Ursinae despite their solitary nature form tight familial bonds and units.  Ursinae value the virtue of loyalty as the highest amongst all virtues.  The first loyalty of an Ursinae is to their sacred duty and then their families.  All other ties are of lesser importance for they are not linked directly to the Ursinae by blood.

TwilightGemini

I'm suprised not to see any posts involving dragons. Would a tribe of them, or at least the dragon head of the reptile tribe, be allowed?
Apologies & Absences (Updated 8/7/15 - Outdated.)

Ons and Offs

I usually work six days a week, at least two of them being long shifts lasting at least ten hours. I always have a long shift on Thursdays and usually Fridays.

elfguy

So do we actually each lead a different tribe? Or are some people parts of some others' tribes?
----

DigitLninja

Wolfgang is the leader of the Fox tribe. His title is Ruby but when he is visiting other tribes he goes by Kitsune which is the name of the peace makers and magic users of the tribe, it is simply a way to protect himself from any assassin that may want to kill the leader. This also allows for him to learn about his allies before the inevitable battle between the water people.

The structure of the Fox tribe is:

Ruby - leader / king / ect.
Kitsune - peace keeper / wizard / witch / trickster / entertainer
Alpha - warrior / hunter
Omega - general public
Delta - children

The Fox tribe is known for honorable warriors and powerful magic users. Most of the time these magic users are using the arcane powers to put smiles on the Delta's faces. They don't care if they anger someone as the game is what they enjoy, and if the angered party manages to solve the issue without resorting to violence the rewards can be quite stimulating.

The Kitsune tend to be mostly females as they find it easier to control the magic, The only reason why Wolfgang has been chosen above a female is because he is the first to best the top males in combat and the top females in fire magic. His flames are said to burn as hot as the sun from time to time.

Wolfgang is one of the tallest foxes known to the tribe at six foot even. He is a rather well sculpted looking fox anthro with rust red fur except for the tuft of white fur on his tail. His black wings on his back when tucked to his back look like a cloak or cape and allow for flight with some help from his flames. His eyes are green and his face is that of a fox with the ears and snout and all. He only wears a loincloth and his sword around his waist with a strange pattern on it, only Wolfgang knows the inscription. While he excels at flame magic and can even prevent himself from becoming sick or poisoned due to that ability, he lacks in more of the entertaining trickster magic like metamorphosis, transportation, illusion, ect.

hmm... that's all I got for now... if I have anything else I'll edit this post.
Quotes to Live by:

WhiteTigerForever

QuoteChromatose:  How large are the tribes roughly anyway? Do the felines need alternates too, since we have three members?

so far.. what we have thought  about is at the bottom of this post, but we must do some more work alsoXD

QuoteWolfy: Hmm...Are Otters allowed? I have a nice Otter girl I'd love to use for this...

most definetely!  You are a warm blooded mammal!!! XD

QuoteTheRomanticPerv: Well I based my tribe on basic Wolf pack size. It's hard to say how many felines should be together. I mean, other than lions, felines don't really stick together. You don't have to go by that, though. I would talk with Tiger about it since it's mainly her tribe.

Btw, good post in the other rp.

@Wolfy: I'm sure that it would be allowed, but I'm not sure if it would be considered mammal or amphibian. Probably mammal.

aaawwweeee thanks and you can get your clan organized also! ;D

QuoteIronwolf85:  it seems the game is starting...
I've been planning my guys out and here's my basics:
The Leonin Cities from the northeast beyond the jungle and across the Sea of Grall, constant and brutal fighting between their citystates has made them develop into a cultural and military force, with a unique style of fighting, their own pantheon of deities, and an organized government.
The most important thing in the Leonin socity is personal and public glory, how many enemies you defeat, how much land you conquer for your city, how many trophies you have.
if one condenced their mantra it is
self above others, family above self, city above all
A few explorers have come this far south, and now Leonin adventurers have come seeking glory, loot, women, and stories to tell their children of strange lands of the south.
my guy is one such adventurer.
Leonin fight dirty, and fight to win, they do not use offencive magics, perfering to use force of arms to carry the day. they will hire locals to help them, or have warriors more forgin than themselves as backup.
as for sexuality, Leonin have no restrictions on gender class, but veiw things from a prespective of dominance and submissive, not Man and Woman, orentation varies female couples are not uncommon, so long as she bares a child for her family.
Otherwise they are a bit hedonistic at the end of the day, wine, song, sex a plenty.

At this point, we haven't got enough players to go with the original idea, so as the organizing continues and people join, the time and place for you to come in has yet to be Determined.

QuoteDark Deception:  I found this interesting, and if I am allowed to join, I would like to role play the leader of the Dog Tribe. I would like for their race to be called: Canaan, almost like the Biblical city, but to make it more like a play off the word Canine. The Canaan tribe are more like a tribe of nomadic ninjas/thieves. They travel like the wind, passing through cities stealing whatever they can find as quickly as possible with few casualties and of course, the way of the ninja, without being seen or clearly identified. They are prone to guerrilla warfare if confronted by war and because dogs are rather plenty, the agents of the Canaan span far and wide that it can be stereotyped that most dog anthros may be affiliated. They don't exactly have an imperialistic goal. Instead, they only choose to survive in an anarchical society absent of taxes, unemployment, and hardship. Everyone gets fed in the tribe and everyone gets what they need. So the Canaan have no set residence.

They are swift and deadly like the ninja with techniques set for execution, traps, outwitting the opponent, poison, suicidal warfare, dirty play, etc. The Canaan though ruthless do bear a sense of honor, what that is however is not known for not many know of the Canaan and live to talk about them. In fact, they are also known to be only mere legend because of their elusive lifestyle.  :D
« Last Edit: Today at 01:16:04 AM by Dark Deception »

nice job and welcome XD

QuoteKirinis: As I initially picture it, here's the initial overview of the Ursinae, Blessed Children of The Bear.

There is are fundamental truths in this world...
Where there is truth, there is deception...
Where there is light, there is darkness...
There are those who cannot accept such truths.
Such is the burden of the Ursinae, Children of the Bear
To bear the watch so others may continue to live in sunlit innocence.

These are the fundamental facts instilled into each Ursina cub from birth.
This is why we must stand watch at the Mouth.
A portal leading into a dark place where dread things sleep and dwell.
To stand at the gate barring the way.
None may enter, and none may leave.

This was the first of many lessons of Arctias, Mother of Us All
To her Children, the First Amongst The Ursinae.

- Vetus, Sage Elder of the Tremarc Tribe

The Ursinae are a proud and reclusive People.  Residing deep in the forests they have devoted their lives to their most sacred of duties, the guardianship of the caves.  The Ursinae regard caves as both a sacred as well as profane area where none other than the Ursinae may tread.  They are fanatically devoted to keeping this true and will do anything to keep out outsiders.  Ursinae territories are renowned for their inhospitable nature as the Children of the Bear maintain an constant vigil and have rigged their territories with traps, some hidden, some not, false paths, and other diversions.

The Children allow strangers into their territories, even the most trusted are usually kept on the outer range of the forests, far from the sacred sites.  While not an inhospitable people, the Children are notoriously strict about wanderers.  Those who do not follow the proscribed paths or are accompanied by a Child are invariably killed for their trespasses, their bodies hung up like scarecrows at the borders of their territories as a warning.  Within their established territories, the Ursinae are nearly unbeatable.  They are intimately familiar with the terrain and its features and have no issue exploiting it for their maximum benefit.

The Children are a highly mystical and superstitious People, also a product of their teachings.  They venerate Arctias, Mother of Us All who is considered the first Ursinae in existence.  Arctias was the one who gave the earliest Ursinae their duty and instructions on how to carry it out.  Reputedly, the Mother of Us All also was the one who taught the Ursinae their strange magic.  Ursinae magic is reputedly derived from their communion with the Void in the caves.  Each Child before being assigned a Cave to guard is expected to have successfully communed with the Void once.  The proof is to be able to use said magic or so the legend goes.

There have been very few eyewitnesses who have ever seen an Ursinae practice their magic in front of non-Ursinae.  Reputedly, in communing with the Void the Ursinae are able to manipulate the Void and the shadows of all things to perform dark miracles.  The Ursinae dismiss such claims, chalking up to fearful propaganda spread by the other People.  As for their magic, the Ursinae will only say that it girds themselves to better able perform  their sacred duty.

The Children despite their brusque demeanor are quite hospitable to guess as it is part of their culture to be extend hospitality to those who ask for it.  However, they will not brook violations of their hospitality.  Such breaches constitute an automatic ejection from Ursinae territories, upon pain of death.  Ursinae despite their solitary nature form tight familial bonds and units.  Ursinae value the virtue of loyalty as the highest amongst all virtues.  The first loyalty of an Ursinae is to their sacred duty and then their families.  All other ties are of lesser importance for they are not linked directly to the Ursinae by blood.

again good work...

QuoteTwilightGemini: I'm suprised not to see any posts involving dragons. Would a tribe of them, or at least the dragon head of the reptile tribe, be allowed?

QuoteElfguy;  So do we actually each lead a different tribe? Or are some people parts of some others' tribes?

I brought it up at the bottom...let me  know what you think.

QuoteDigitLninja:  Wolfgang is the leader of the Fox tribe. His title is Ruby but when he is visiting other tribes he goes by Kitsune which is the name of the peace makers and magic users of the tribe, it is simply a way to protect himself from any assassin that may want to kill the leader. This also allows for him to learn about his allies before the inevitable battle between the water people.

The structure of the Fox tribe is:

Ruby - leader / king / ect.
Kitsune - peace keeper / wizard / witch / trickster / entertainer
Alpha - warrior / hunter
Omega - general public
Delta - children

The Fox tribe is known for honorable warriors and powerful magic users. Most of the time these magic users are using the arcane powers to put smiles on the Delta's faces. They don't care if they anger someone as the game is what they enjoy, and if the angered party manages to solve the issue without resorting to violence the rewards can be quite stimulating.

The Kitsune tend to be mostly females as they find it easier to control the magic, The only reason why Wolfgang has been chosen above a female is because he is the first to best the top males in combat and the top females in fire magic. His flames are said to burn as hot as the sun from time to time.

Wolfgang is one of the tallest foxes known to the tribe at six foot even. He is a rather well sculpted looking fox anthro with rust red fur except for the tuft of white fur on his tail. His black wings on his back when tucked to his back look like a cloak or cape and allow for flight with some help from his flames. His eyes are green and his face is that of a fox with the ears and snout and all. He only wears a loincloth and his sword around his waist with a strange pattern on it, only Wolfgang knows the inscription. While he excels at flame magic and can even prevent himself from becoming sick or poisoned due to that ability, he lacks in more of the entertaining trickster magic like metamorphosis, transportation, illusion, ect.

Isengrad: is the King of the horses, that's all I know to this point.

In the feline tribe so far we have 3 actual players but we will all have to take on the task of playing multiroles and looking into all the various types of felines that will compose our clan.

again, great job!!

Okay.. so far we have: 

TheRomanticPerv as: This idea seems rather interesting. I'd like to put my name in for the head warrior of the wolf tribe.

DigitLninja as the unset title of the Flying Foxes clanXD  (great work on putting your stuff together bto)

Wolfy: as an otter

DigiLninja as : leader of the Fox clan,name :FLYING FOX
Isengrad: as Kink of the Horses

Dark Deception: leader of the dog tribe.

Kirinis: leader of the Bear tribe.

TwilightGemini: as a land based Dragon?

TheRomanticPerv: as leader of the wolf clan.

Chromtose, Elfguy and WhiteTiger of the Feline Clan(s)

With three felines so far...I wold like to be the head representative of the whole feline clad, My mate Chromatose as the head warriour, Elfguy?  What would you like to play?

WhiteTigerForever:I would like to be the head leader of a matriarchal feline tribe, And I'd like to be the head of the counsel the closest to a leader our clan can get as my avi... a snow leopard anthro!...and my name to be: Gwyn Helwyr (pronounce phonetically as Gooin Helooir, all soft i's) meaning White Hunter.

Chromotose: you again are general and tribal leader of the armies and my mate:

Elfguy:  What would you like to play?

We were looking into the general nature of cat, and was considering that our clan has a large territory with several independent clans on it.  Each clan has specialized warriors ready to be called upon when need and led by Chromotose.  Each tribe also has a representative of the clan sitting in the cousel.  Tiiger and some times Jaguars love water.  Lions are social felies.  Other that that, most felines stick to them selves and are independent, so that is where we thought the multiclan might come in handy but we needed to talk to you first Elfguy, to see if you liked the idea or now or had any other ideas or ideas to offer.

Now can everyone get their names in, stats, characters, personal story lines in and we can start soon! XD

IF I've missed anything, please let me know...kk?

ALSO:  Now I am confused...Chromotose is my mate right but wasn't tat supposed to go to TheRomanticPerv?  Help me figure this out guys, please???

Ironwolf85

meh I can have the leonin come ashore as an event or somthing

DigitLninja

you have me listed twice and still as 'Tail Wind'
Quotes to Live by:

Dark Deception

You missed the Dog Tribe and the Bear Tribe.

I also want to add that I'm going to be writing a nice, hopefully not wikipedia article sized explanation of the Canaan lol. I also will be drawing my char's pic since dog anthros are rare pictures to find, but ah well, it's more fun to draw my own.

WhiteTigerForever

Thanks guys XD

sorry flying fox :-(

Dark Deception

I'm going to be gone for awhile, and it may be the rest of the day because of an errand I have to run, and then later I may go see Harry Potter with family (if it happens today). Unfortunately--though interesting to me at least--this Canaan explanation is turning into the length of a Wikipedia article lol. I'm nowhere near finished for the visuals I have to make for it and the rest of the information I need to add. I'm enjoying it though and if any players in the future would like to be apart of the Canaan once I get the article up, feel free to let me know.  ::)

DigitLninja

uh his title is Ruby.... but thank you for the caps.

*randomly licks your ear*
Quotes to Live by:

elfguy

Well Sinvala is a druid so she could play the role of healer for the tribe. Maybe she leads the magic users of the felines? I could see a sub-group with the "gift of the goddess" which are in tune with nature and can do varied magic like healing, summoning trees to help and so forth. Maybe a small group which typically stays on the side line of the more physical based fighters.
----

WhiteTigerForever

can you check again who is my mate?  I listed Chromotose as it but I think it was supposed go RomanticPerv  ???

Chromatose

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on November 20, 2010, 12:43:17 AM
This idea seems rather interesting. I'd like to put my name in for the head warrior of the wolf tribe.

Quote from: Chromatose on November 20, 2010, 03:09:01 AM
I'm definitely interested in playing your character's mate...a headstrong tiger warrior sounds really appealing.

Here you go. ^ ^ Btw, I'm not going to be on the rest of the evening. I forgot I have to leave the dorm today for Thanksgiving. (I thought it was tomorrow they kick us out lol.) Sorry everyone. I might be on very late, but that would be it.

Wolfy

What tribe would I be a part of?...and...would anyone like to be the mate of my otter? Male or Female..she's not picky..xD

elfguy

My Sinvala would rather be forcefully subdued, taken, abused and made someone's mate honestly :P It doesn't matter who, as long as it's a strong male or female, as anything less and you may regret taking her on :P
----

TwilightGemini

QuoteTwilightGemini: as a land based Dragon?

So wings would be out of the question? If it is, I have no problem at all. Got plenty of pics I can use!

Ons and Offs

I usually work six days a week, at least two of them being long shifts lasting at least ten hours. I always have a long shift on Thursdays and usually Fridays.

Dark Deception

Weird to have winged foxes but no winged dragons o_o. The foxes also seem like dragons since they breathe fire too.

But I finished my long five page explanation on the Dog Tribe. If there's anywhere I can post it up, let me know. It still needs the graphic for the hierarchy (that I might skip and put in writing instead), and my character's profile and explanation since I will be playing the Alpha male known as the Alpha Lord in the dog tribe.

WhiteTigerForever

ok the otters can have their own clan, meaning you make up your own tribe, play all your characters and decide who is and isn't your friend.

Dragons can have wings or not it doesn't matter..

Elf guy, the feline tribe is very democratic... if you want to be subdued, you might need to abandon us for a more war like male dominated tribe.  Felines in general are relatively independent except for lions and even then, the male is just a figure head and a sperm doner.. the females do all the hunting.  Its up to you sweety..

and if we are lucky, we might have another dragon joining us and some wolves and some other members, depending on how organized we get and start playingXD

elfguy

Well I'm fine if another tribe wants to capture a prisoner of war too. Otherwise she'll remain pretty independent. She would not be the type to accept a mate easily.
----

WhiteTigerForever

good.. awesome spirit she has..  >:)  gotta love her!!!

TwilightGemini

Anyone else interested in being part of a reptilian tribe? I'd like to know what my dragon character would be before I fill out my forms. Could she be the leader of the tribe of dragons or reptilians, in general, especially for the latter if pretty much nobody else joins?

Ons and Offs

Wolfy

So...what Tribe should my Otter be in? Feline?

WhiteTigerForever

Well, you are a small mammal, if you were to pick a predator tribe to join with, I suggest with those that are of the domestic cat sized tribe!

Dark Deception

I thought the reptiles and the amphibians were the enemies in this game. So unless you want to be the enemy of all the tribes in this entire game?

I'm going to be posting up the dog tribe explanation and I'll be editing a little as I go. Just no one copy me please, I've had things like that happen before and it doesn't make me happy. Even though some of you might not think of doing such a thing, there is always one or two people who do it.

***Copy as in copy exactly what I wrote and then try to rephrase it to make it your own when clearly what I just wrote is still seen in your work.***

Dark Deception

The Canaan

The word Canaan is derived from its original significance as a Biblical city to be a play on the word Canine. The Canaan tribe is more like a tribe of nomadic ninjas/thieves. They travel like the wind, passing through cities stealing whatever they can find as quickly as possible with few casualties and by way of the ninja, without being seen or clearly identified. They are prone to guerrilla warfare if confronted by war and because dogs are rather plenty, the agents of the Canaan span far and wide that it can be stereotyped that most dog anthros may be affiliated. They don't exactly have an imperialistic goal. Instead, they only choose to survive in an anarchical society absent of taxes, unemployment, and hardship. Everyone gets fed in the tribe and everyone gets what they need. So the Canaan have not a set residence.

They are swift and deadly like the ninja with techniques set for execution, traps, outwitting the opponent, poison, suicidal warfare, dirty play, etc. The Canaan though ruthless do bear a sense of honor, what that is however is not known for not many know of the Canaan and live to talk about them. In fact, they are also known to be only mere legend because of their elusive lifestyle.

History

This will depend on the history of the RP. How did anthropomorphs come to be or were they always here? Did man exist once? Did the animals over several years evolve? Who is the god of this RP that created this anthro world and its races?

Government and Politics

The Canaan preside over an anarchical government as paradoxical as that sounds. Anarchy for the Canaan is freedom, and as they occupy the lands of several tribes during their period of migration, it is not the law of that country that governs them, but the law of the Canaan that govern the Canaan.

The order that governs the Canaan is an ancient order that is very mafia in its function. All pups are raised with the duty to protect the tribe, and when they come of age, where they are no longer pup but dog, they must join a raiding party that will sweep into the cities, and they must steal something of value and escape with it alive and unseen to prove themselves. Most Canaan pups are successful in their Rite of Passage for the nationalistic love they have for their nation.

The Status of Canaan Males and Females

Male Canaanites have the duty of bearing the strength, dominance, and the discipline over their families. They are allowed free roam of the tribes’ females for no female is married. The males instead do battle for the rights of sleeping with a female that is if ever the male meets challenge by another male. There are no laws that stunt the tribe’s right to reproduce and multiply.

Female Canaanites bear the duty of caring for their pups, but this does not mean they cannot be warriors. Female Canaanites can at times be just as strong as Male Canaanites and when they are not with litter, they are required to serve The Canaan as any male would. However, Female Canaanites are prohibited from taking missions that require them to venture outside the clan. Their duties are more of a guardsman rather than a soldier, protecting the tribe from close-quarter attack, ambush, or breach. Female Canaanites have little right when it comes to whom they can sleep with. If the strongest male wins in the battle, then she is required to mate with that male in order to have strong pups. If so, however, a female is challenged for the seed of that male, then she must do battle with her challenger for rights to mate. This ensures that only champion pups are born into the tribe.

Pups

Pups when born are checked for deformities, growths, diseases, or any abnormalities. Those pups that are unfortunate are immediately slaughtered and their corpses burned so as not to risk epidemic or hereditary ailments to be passed down. Long ago, it was overlooked that Female Canaanites were allowed to eat their pups. In the case that their pups were born with physical weakness or such ailments, the female would cannibalize so as to spare her pups from being slaughtered. A law on cannibalism was then passed down prohibiting the devouring of pups for the ailments of the pups may pass into the devourer and affect the tribe. A male must be present when a female gives birth to her pups and must immediately inspect each pup; over longer periods, the male is also to keep an eye on the pups’ growth for if ailments appear later in their maturity, it is the male’s responsibility to execute his pup.

Because of the strict breeding laws in the Canaan tribe, several of the dogs are of mixed breed, either standing larger than others or smaller than others. Their traits are sparse, but each member upon specializing in a certain talents are placed into special positions within the tribe.

Alpha Lord & Lady

The role of the Alpha is a predestined role, where when the last alpha finally dies, the tribe holds tournaments that all members that have acquired the title of Dog must participate in. The winners of the tournament—one male and one female—are then required to mate and give birth to the tribes belief, The Alpha Litter. The safety of the Alpha Litter is held above all other litters for within that litter exists the leader of the Canaan tribe. When the Alpha pups have acquired their Rite of Passage to dogs, they immediately undergo harsh training to weed out the weak from the strong, and then the male and female pups must do battle with the male and females of the tribe. If an Alpha male or female is unable to reign as champion of the tournament, then the process must be repeated until an Alpha Male and Female preside as champions. Once the champions are acquired, then the remaining members of the Alpha Litter become The Elite. The champions acquire the title of Alpha Lord and Lady.

The Alpha Lord and Lady are the supreme heads of the Canaan tribe. As wonderful as it may sound, it is difficult being the figurehead of power over the tribe. For an alpha can only mate with an alpha, and so if an alpha lord has not been chosen nor has an alpha lady, then the alpha lord or lady must wait to pass on his or her genes. More than likely, the successor would be one of The Elite.

Currently, there exists an Alpha Lord, but an Alpha Lady has yet to take the chair.

The Elite

The Elite are members of the Alpha Litter that are second in command to the Alpha Lord and Lady. The Elite often are sent off to govern other sections of the tribe and to reign over that section as Top Dog. There are no specific mating laws for the Elite. Like average males and females of the tribe, they are allowed to mate with whomever, but if a Lord or Lady is missing, then either the Male or Female Elites are required to remain in tourney until one has been chosen. There can be numerous Elites; depending on how many times an Alpha Litter had to be born. In the case of there being several Elites, which is a regular case, the Elite become a special task force for the Canaan, leading assassinations or raids into dangerous territory.

Hierarchy

The Ministers play the role of the advisors for the Alpha Lord and Lady, assisting in keeping the monarchs up to date on pack conditions. There are five ministers per pack that cycle intelligence to and fro: Public Relations, Census, Foreign Relations, Army, and Tactic. The hierarchy is the same for each pack. It's not much but the Canaan don't require too much being dogs, and once trained a certain way, they loyally follow that way to the end.

Foreign Tribal Relations

Amongst most tribes, the Canaan are known to be harassers as they constantly penetrate the permanent residences of other nations, sweeping through restaurants and markets, taking and leaving nothing in return. With the Fox, Bear, and Feline Tribes, they are known amongst the black bears, red foxes, and domesticated cats as a nuisance often chasing them for fun or scaring them into the trees. Although the Canaan are separate from most dog tribes that aren’t as genetically reinforced as them, there is a thread of affiliation between them. The Canaan are a legend amongst most dog tribes that have never laid eyes on a member and so most issues that include lawbreaking are placed on the possible existence of the Canaan.

The Canaan, however, bear respect to the Wolf Tribe and do not touch their lands for hereditary reasons. It was the grey wolf from which the dogs evolved, and so their hierarchical structure bears similarities to that of the wolf tribe, but because of the mixed breeds that comprise the Canaaanites, they run things differently.

Communities and Regions

The Canaan live in hiding in several regions. The main headquarters often migrates about the expanse of the grassland though can also shift to another region if that region is secure. Elites tend to run the packs in other regions such as the snowy valleys about the mountains, the forests, and coasts. Dog tribes can be found almost anywhere except the swamplands of the amphibian and reptile tribes.

Military

The Canaan tend to utilize guerilla warfare when confronted with conflict. They fancy using strategically placed traps to surprise or cripple the enemy, and ambush. Being a nomadic tribe with no set residence makes them quite a pest to obliterate, and they tend to know the land like the back of their paws. The Canaan military is often pre-emptive in the form of assassinations, and if pressured will result to suicide barrages.

Each soldier is trained in classified forms of combat and utilizing speed and deadly accuracy are capable of taking down several foes before succumbing to death. The Canaan military are creative when it comes to dealing with the enemy, and also ruthless. They won’t hesitate to torture any prisoners they take in order to milk the information from them.

xPoison – Senban/Vials
xExplosives – Gunpowder
xBows/Crossbows
xBlades
xTraps
xNinja Magic

Economy

Stealing and barter

Culture

Despite their warrior government and mafia-like economy, the Canaan take pride in being dogs and not just any dog, but Canaanites. They believe that their government is a strict and hardworking one perfect for such a strong race and to ensure that their clans’ existence continues on for several generations. The tournaments are cultural as well as beneficial, and a place for the dogs to let loose for awhile. They tend to enjoy dances celebrations comprised of bones and percussion instruments. They also take joy in reenacting past victories. There are eating contests, tests of scent and hearing, fetch, walks, and digging contests. The Canaan tend to enjoy bones and meat, creating plates, utensils, and pots out of bowls or making other uses such as jewelry or miscellaneous. The festivals are often once a week and set up for soldiers to wind down and loosen up.

Religion

Being the cousins of the wolf tribe, they share a similar religion since dogs evolved from the grey wolf.

Education

Pups are raised to be soldiers as well as blacksmiths, apothecaries, bone artisans, spies, etc. Whatever is necessary for the tribe’s survival. The pups are forced into job positions based on their performance in that job and will continue to study and remain with that job for the duration of their lives.

Science and Technology

The Canaan specialize in several sciences that go along with the body, toxicology, botany, etc. They fancy light, plated armors so as to not hinder their movement.

Canaan Visuals

These pictures are property of their respectful owners. I do not own any of these pictures, instead, they are used as a visual example for a fantasy tribe.

Click the paw prints for examples, although it was difficult to find tribal-looking dogs since dog pictures are rare, I did find some casual representations. I tried drawing anthros, but I draw human beings more than anthropomorphs so it was too rusty to even attempt. I won't have a visual example for my character, but I will have a written description.

WhiteTigerForever

Amazing job Dark Deception!!!  I have already listed out our tribal system, I will compile them soon.  If you are talking about dragons as the reptiles you are referring to.. the war is based more on the climate and ecosystem change and the land based dragons, which are possibly warm blooded, want the same as us.  But, so far we have no opposing forces to unite the land dwellers so we will temporarily have to settle for intertribal land squables XD... 

I will put up all the organized players tribe posts soon. :D

and as for the history, I really don't want to see a remake of the planet of the apes theme XD... so lets be more creative in our history.. even if humans never existed at all to begin withXD

Chromatose

I have a question...what do our tribes use for food? Are there non-anthro animals, or are we all vegetarians?

KnowThySire

Quote from: Chromatose on November 24, 2010, 10:24:30 PM
I have a question...what do our tribes use for food? Are there non-anthro animals, or are we all vegetarians?
This is actually a very good question, and I'm curious about this as well. I don't think that carnivorous anthros should turn into vegetarians, though. Maybe we should have some animals that aren't as developed as the anthros roam the land, and can be hunted by the predator anthros, yet at the same time, protected by the anthros as the same species of the wild animals. Like if I have my character attack a horse that's under the protection of Isengrad, he could decide whether or not to come after me in an attempt to retaliate. Just an idea though.

Ironwolf85

I'm Thinking of doing a better writeup for the leonin and the Thraxian mercenaries that accompany them

KnowThySire

Lol It think we kind of took over this rp. Tiger started off with an idea so simple, and we just piled on all of our ideas, one after the other. I guess that's what happens when we stop talking in OOC and start plotting.

Ironwolf85