Interest Check: A Battletech game (MUL)

Started by The American Patriot, July 21, 2008, 03:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The American Patriot

This would be a Battletech game that would take place in the Chaos March, and possilby deal with Sun Tuz Liao's move to force the St. Ives Compact to return to the Capellan fold...

The players would either be part of a Lyran unit that was sent into the Chaos March by Katherine Steiner-Davion officially to 'protect the Lyran interests in the Sarna March,' but in reality they would either be pro-Victor or those who are suspected of having pro-Victor sympathies. Or they would be the survivors of those units that have been mauled and destroyed by the burtal fighting in the Chaos March.

The Chaos March

In 3057, Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao and Captain-General Thomas Marik launched a strike at the Federated Commonwealth in retribution for Victor Steiner-Davion's Operation Doppelganger, which was a plot to replace Marik's son with a body-double. This so-called Operation Guerrero was stalled when Katherine Steiner-Davion seceded the Lyran half of the Federated Commonwealth and negotiated a separate settlement with Marik that allowed him to achieve his objective. Katherine ordered home all traditional Lyran units to within the Lyran state's pre-Fourth War borders, leaving many worlds bereft of defenses. Because of the secession, the rump Commonwealth lacked the JumpShips necessary to reinforce the Sarna March. With the League's pull-out, however, the Capellans lacked the military force to secure the worlds that the Commonwealth had all but abandoned.

Prior to the offensive, Capellan terrorists had stirred up old Capellan loyalties amongst the populace, as well as masterminding many terrorist attacks targeting the infrastructure of these systems. In the absence of national militaries, many local governors (and other concerned interests) seized the initiative to restore order. On the worlds were this restoration was successful, most governments were resentful of the apparent lack of interest by the Great Houses, and set up their own nations. Some of these minor powers became influential enough to become multi-world nation-states. The constantly shifting web of alliances, as well as the rapid rise and fall of planetary-level governments led observers to dub this area of instability the

Over time, both the Capellan Confederation and the Federated Commonwealth were able to exert more influence and military pressure on the worlds of the Chaos March, leading to its shrinkage. Though both would become distracted (the Capellans by the war with St. Ives and the Commonwealth by the Clans), many worlds of the Chaos March had been reclaimed by one of the Great Houses.

"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

Seereous

Seems that you've put quite a bit of thought into this. And being that I am a BattleTech nut myself, I have no choice but to say that I'm in.

HairyHeretic

I like battletech myself, but unfortunately he's picked about the faction and region that least interest me :)

My forces are the 2nd Sword of Light, and Clan Nova Cat.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Lilian

I dont know an entire lot about BattleMech.. I've played almost all of the mechwarrior games? Mew..

And that last erotic battlemech game got my attention!

Anathanasia

*sigh* I've been trying to resist, but the nostalgia is too strong!

I might be up for this, so long it'll fall into at least [NC-H], and not be totally freeform. Like I said when we were organising the last one, I do not think we should play out anything turn by turn, that'd be insane, but there should be some randomness, even if it's all handled by the GM. I think I said back then we should roll something for the bits where the battle could take a dramatic turn?

Anyways, I think I've got the write up for my character from the old one somewhere, so that'd be what I'd like to do. She was Lyran too.

I'll watch this space and see where things go. :)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Seereous

Since I haven't seen anything from anyone else about this topic I thought that I would ask if anyone was still interested.

What time period would you all like to play in? Pre Clan? Post Clan? The Word of Blake Jihad? I'm up for just about anything.

sleepingferret

Unless my time period accounting is mistaken 3057 is post clan invasion....been a long time, I don't even remember where I put my old Battletech books at.

Still can't find my darn books....bah... and I know they recently defaced several of them in the republishing under the "classic" battletech title

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Anathanasia

Yeah, the clans invade in like 3050 or so. Remember the 3050 Tech Readout? I remember when it first came out; we were all 'oooo' and 'aahhh' at the new stuff... >.>

I'm still interested, although I personally hate the clans. If we're going to go really canon my vote would be a game in the late 3040s, just prior to the clan invasions. If memory serves, it was still lots of skirmishes between the successor states, but a lot of the new tech that was presented in the 3050 Tech Readout was coming into use, so we have a bit of interesting stuff to play with. My second era of preference would be classic 3025-3030, back when it really felt like a feudal game, when mechwarriors mostly owned their mechs, in a combo feel of how a medieval knight owned his armour and a samurai his katana.

It's the loss of that feel that came with the Clan invasion that I really disliked. For some reason, they really seemed to play up the 'standard' military feel after that. Prior to the clan invasion being a mechwarrior and having a mech felt special - remember The Disposessed? - but afterwards, it felt like if you got your mech shot out from under you it was "Don't fret! We'll get you a new one fresh from the factory!" all the damn time. Lame. :P

Seereous

What if we didn't play a canon unit? How about another Merc unit, say a company in size? Back in the 3025-3030 time frame, you could take and hold a planet with just a company of Mechs.

sleepingferret

3050 was actually the rough halt of the Clan invasion by a tentative treaty.  The 3050 technical readout was essentially the time line documentation of what the Inner Sphere had seen and learned so far.  The 3055 technical readout was the beginnings of the Inner Sphere's attempted technology response in the forum of new Mech designs to counter the Clan's superior firepower.  It also showcased the old Inner Sphere/Star League era influenced non-omnimech designs fielded by typically second line units of the Clans.

As for the Mechwarriors owning their own Mechs, during the Successor State war era many did because many were mercenaries rather than members of the House military.  Some House regulars own their own Mech, it depends on their background and well sometimes they end up with the Mech as sort of a reward for continued and loyal service.

sleepingferret

With all the interest in a Battletech game floating around.... someone should really try to compose something.  I think we'd end with a decent game, I know there are a lot of differing opinions on time period and such, but still... seems we have quite a few people wanting to get out the old Mechs and go to war with maybe a bit of an E twist to it.

Seereous

I just ask people what they like because I'm more of a Armored Infantry/Cover Ops kind of guy, not necessarily a BattleMech guy.

Anathanasia

I meant canon as in strictly following their timeline/history. I've always liked the idea of what would the Inner Sphere have looked like if everything went as they had it up to the Grey Death Legion getting that computer core and the War of 3039 or so, but just NO CLANS! :P

I really do dislike that whole Clan thing. And not just because it kind of killed Wolf's Dragoons mystique.

I would love to play a 3025-3030ish unit, but they could be a House unit or mercs, it's no matter to me. I don't care which House either. I'm also fine with the OPs setting and timeline, but it's not my first choice. As far as content, I'm always "story first", but I definately want some erotic RP, and the game overall should fall into NC-H at least, or I'm not interested. I just don't like to waste precious fantasy time on things I can get IRL, y'know? ;)

Seereous

How about this.

The Circinius Federation, a Periphery realm wedged between the Lyran Commonwealth and the Free Worlds League that is well known for its piracy. Pirates regularly raid their neighbor Periphery realms and the Successor States, often leaving behind a trail of death, rape and broken families.

One band in particular is making their way in the world of piracy. Sebastian Kreel, a rather dashing man with a niche for cruelty leads a particularly nasty band of rapists, thieves and murders with an iron fist. Several of his victims have ended up actually joining him after a long string of rape, torture, and then surprising tenderness.

Who wants to join this pirate band? I'm thinking it's based in the 3025-3030 technology era.

sleepingferret

Quote from: Anathanasia on August 09, 2008, 01:41:24 AM
but afterwards, it felt like if you got your mech shot out from under you it was "Don't fret! We'll get you a new one fresh from the factory!" all the damn time. Lame. :P

Regardless of time period, it wasn't if qualified Mechwarriors "grew on trees".  If one happened to survive punching out and managed to getting to safety with most likely several other mutli-ton behemoths still waging battle around him/her along with the supporting infantry and vehicles...he was probably worth every bit of his paycheck.

He/she just happened to meet a better Mechwarrior in combat or get pounced by a heavier Mech and wasn't able to escape fast enough, are usually the reasons why a Mechwarrior ends up punching out.

And well funded military units, be they House supported or large mercenary units will more than likely keep their Mechwarriors with a Mech to pilot, until the other one can be repaired if possible.  If it can't then hopefully it can at least be salvaged somewhat to balance out the costs.

------

I still don't like the 3020 - 3030 technology era, it was too limiting and quite frankly it often came down to who fielded the heaviest firepower.  Still does in 3050 on, but the technology level allows scout units to a potential to survive.

Anathanasia

Sleepingferret, I get all that, I really do. But check out the really early campaign supplements, like MacKinnon's Raiders (not sure about the name, but a Davion House unit, not mercs) and original Black Widow Company, and there are mentions all over the place of even House mechwarriors (I think several in MacKinnon's Raiders) owning their own mechs. And damn near everyones mech had permanent damage.

I always thought the relative scarcity of both mechs and mechwarriors meant that people didn't fight to bitter, last mech standing, end very often. It wasn't worth it for either side, the losers for obvious reasons, but even the eventual victors wouldn't want to risk any more than they absolutely had to.

Despite that, yes, there are new mechs being produced, so the powerful Houses (the big five for sure, but also their powerful supporters in rich families and corporations, I'm sure) would help out mechwarriors, but that threat of losing the mech that's been in your family for 200+ years was always very real. I also still maintain that far less mechwarriors would have easy access to a 'free' mech than mechwarriors who lose thiers; for most of them, there's always someone better.

On the tech, I do agree. It's why I was suggesting mid to late 3040s, just before the clans. However, since we're not actually going to lay out the maps and play a game of battletech at any point, and in fact I think most of the action will be stylised via our prose, we probably won't be affected all that much by the tech level. It'll be a consideration, certainly, but if you ever read any of the novels mechs weren't the giant lumbering tanks-with-legs behemoths the abstraction of the game (and all the videogames) made them out to be; they really are just massive extensions of the mechwarriors, even to the point of ducking and rolling.

All that said, I'm still okay with the post-3050 era, especially if, like the OP, we're far from the clans.

Seereous, not feeling the pirate thing. Pirate life would be pretty shitty, like the third world, but with even less water, and severe cases of Stockholm Syndrome don't appeal to me to RP. The other side isn't hugely appealing either, since it doesn't play to my submissive fantasies. ;)

We could always look at what the OP proposed, but make it a merc unit instead of a House one?

Seereous

I'm fine with a Merc unit. I was just offering something else since there hadn't been anything else posted. I'm fine with a merc unit and any time period, honestly. I might even consider something from the MechWarrior: Age of Destruction as long as it is well thought out.

sleepingferret

Quote from: Anathanasia on August 10, 2008, 03:58:32 PM
On the tech, I do agree. It's why I was suggesting mid to late 3040s, just before the clans. However, since we're not actually going to lay out the maps and play a game of battletech at any point, and in fact I think most of the action will be stylised via our prose, we probably won't be affected all that much by the tech level. It'll be a consideration, certainly, but if you ever read any of the novels mechs weren't the giant lumbering tanks-with-legs behemoths the abstraction of the game (and all the videogames) made them out to be; they really are just massive extensions of the mechwarriors, even to the point of ducking and rolling.

I've personally never taken much interest in the novels, but unlike many gamers I do like the background behind the setting.  All the flavor text, that essentially makes the setting what it is, that describes what a Particle Projection Cannon was designed to do or tells why the great Houses still would pretty much rather see each other burned to the ground even with the Clans breathing down their necks.

As such I've personally, always incorporated the Mechwarrior system into all my Battletech games, and allowed those daring enough to try it, to perform various stunts with their Mechs.  I used a conditional based modifier system based on what they wanted to do, what class of Mech they were piloting (light, medium, heavy, or assault), and also took into consideration whether or not it was reactionary based (such as trying to getting out of the line of enemy fire); then made the player make a piloting skill roll.

Anathanasia

That's cool, sleepingferret. I also read a lot of a the background stuff, but I have to admit I haven't been actively into battletech in over fifteen years. I may very well be projecting my thoughts as to 'how things should have been' on top of how they really were. I do still have three different editions of the Mechwarrior RPG rules in a box someplace...

All I recall is that it really seemed that with the Clans it began to feel a lot more like mechs were 'issued' than they did previously. The big Houses felt like nations more than empires, and certainly not at all like the feudal states I thought they were supposed to be. If I recall correctly, there is a great stock in the nobility in the Inner Sphere, with powerful landowners holding title to entire systems and worlds, swearing their allegience to someone who controls a region, who swears up to someone who controls a larger region...and up to the five great successor states, right? And it was dark! It was a real dark age, people forgetting how to make fusion reactors and jumpships...hell, Comstar is holding onto the technology like the monks held onto the written word in the real dark ages...hmmm...

So maybe if you have a really capabable mechwarrior you help him or her out, keep their mech repaired, maybe give them a spare if they do get creamed. However, if I remember the numbers at all accurately (I had all the original House books at one point...love the background, as you said), there may not be even enough operational mechs in all the successor state armies (circa 3025-3050) to put one mech lance on every inhabited world, but I doubt very much more than that.

That's really all I'm saying. That's what I remember from all the early Battletech stuff, and it felt like they dropped that whole futuristic feudal scenario stuff like it was a wet bag of avian flu when they introduced the Clans. And that bleak, dark ages feudal thing is what I really liked about the background of the original battletech!

BTW, Seereous, wtf is Mechwarrior: Age of Destruction?

sleepingferret

Comstar needs a good kick in the ass.... always has...always will.  I'd love to just declare an all out war on them. :P

Too bad my mercenary unit I used to run, doesn't have enough firepower for something quite that bold. 

-------

Anyways... as far as numerical strength goes during 3025 - 3050, the Successor State armies would've had to had more than just one lance (4 Mechs) per inhabitable world.  They didn't necessarily always garrison more than one Mech lance on certain worlds, and tactical analysis indicates that the Inner Sphere deploys combined arms battalions and regiments, rather than entire units comprised of Mechs.  The closest the Clans have ever come to a combined arms unit is having their OmniMechs deploy BattleArmor units.

I'd say for the most part during 3025 - 3050, throughout the Successor States each House could have mustered one full Mech regiment (144 BattleMechs) for every 20 inhabitable systems they controlled.  Which means the larger Houses could have pulled together more but for the most part the Inner Sphere deploys combined arms tactics, so Mechs are rarely seen alone.

Seereous

Quote from: Anathanasia on August 11, 2008, 01:12:13 AM
BTW, Seereous, wtf is Mechwarrior: Age of Destruction?

:)  Mechwarrior: Age of Destruction was a new novel line that was started up by WizKids when they bought the BattleTech license after FASA shut down. The line starts a little more than 52 years after the FedCom Civil War when that bitch Katherine finally got what was coming to her.

That of course means that the Word of Blake Jihad is over, and they essentially lost. During the jihad, a man named Devlin Stone reconquered Terra and and set up the Republic of the Sphere, with Terra as its capital. The Successor States still exist, as do a few of the Clans. It's a very feudal culture. Clan Sea Fox (they changed their name back from Clan Diamond Shark.) now sells Clan Tech Mechs to those that can afford it. Essentially, they are Clan Tech machines but they were built in the Inner Sphere. Please don't take that to mean that there are Mechs running around everywhere, because they are not. In Mech Warrior: Age of Destruction, there is a greater emphasis on combined arms, so you get to see a lot more from the Armor and Battle Armor Infantry side of things, though the MechWarrior is still the "main character." I actually like this aspect, because like I said earlier, I would rather suit my guy up in a suit of Power Armor like the Longinus or Kage than put him in a BattleMech, because everyone has BattleMechs.

The Lyran Alliance, Federated Commonwealth, Draconis Combine and Cappellan Confederation are still around. The Free Worlds League is in shambles, made up of smaller fiefdoms with no Captain General, well, not until recently anyway. When is was discovered that The Master, the guy who orchestrated the Jihad was none other than the real Thomas Marik, and the Thomas Marik that was Captain General was actually a fake, well, the Free Worlds League was torn apart. The Free Rauselhague Republic was absorbed by Clan Ghost Bear and it became a part of the Ghost Bear Dominion.

The Republic of the Sphere is what used to be called the Terran Hegemony back in the day of the original Star League.

Anyway, that's it in a nut shell without getting into a lot more story, but if you have more questions, let me know.

sleepingferret

FASA got shutdown over some stupid ass lawsuits over some lame artwork conflicts, brought up by people amongst other things.

If it wasn't for the fact that FASA didn't have the money to pay for multi-million dollar court fees and lawyers, they'd still be in business and the game wouldn't have been affected at all.

Seereous

New Classic BattleTech novels are going to start being published again, starting in November. Catalyst Game Labs, owned by Loren L. Coleman, got the contract to start publishing new CBT novels. When FASA was publishing the novels they went through Roc Publishing for the old BattleTech novels. Something that I didn't know was that Roc actually put word limits on the CBT novels as well as the MechWarrior: Dark Ages novels. So authors would turn in novels that had too many words and they would have to trim it down, cutting books short that could have had a much more in depth story than the ones that were published. I enjoyed the BattleTech novels, no doubt there, but I'm excited to see what is going to come out of this new publishing deal.

sleepingferret

???

This thread is going on what, 2 weeks old?  And the OP hasn't responded at all.  :'(

So anyone else who happens to not have their rulebooks buried, want to run a game?  I'm still trying to find mine.  If nothing else I'm going to go find digital copies of the last ones FASA made.  As I dislike what happened to some of the Mech designs and such after the lawsuits and such.  I'm glad someone picked up the torch, and carried the game on but some of the changes were in my opinion a disgrace.

Anathanasia

I believe FASA originally had the right to use designs from several anime (Macross, Crusher Joe, and one or two others I forget). But they didn't renew or somesuch. Then got sued by the big Japanese studios' parent companies.

But yeah, either way, I say we stick to the original looks of the original 14 mechs (I just want to state it for consistency). The newer mech designs are mostly complete piles of steaming feces.

I'm in the same boat as sleepingferret, I think I still have most of the Battletech books I bougt in the late 80s and early 90s, but they in a box in the storage lockup somewhere. I know there's lots of good online sources yet, so I'm in no hurry to go digging.

Someone who's not me going to start something up? ;D

JadeCore

Quote from: sleepingferret on August 11, 2008, 05:50:20 PM
This thread is going on what, 2 weeks old?  And the OP hasn't responded at all.  :'(

I got an email from the OP explaining their sudden absence. Patriot was in a car accident back at the end of July and is still in the hospital; internet access is fairly limited and while Patriot wants to get back as soon as possible, getting better is his main focus.

sleepingferret

Well send him our best wishes from all the Battletech nerds from E, and tell him to get better soon so at the very least we can all duke it out in the Solaris circuit. :P

Oh and I at least found my Battletech Compendium: The Rules of Warfare (FASA 1690), my 2nd edition Mechwarrior book, and the 3050 and 3055 tech readouts.  Can't seem to find my other stuff though, I know I had stuff like the Mercenaries book, some earlier tech readouts, at least the 3057, if not the 3058 as well...and the revised edition of the 3050.

Knowing my luck probably got mixed up with my friend's stuff, that I haven't seen or talked to in ages.  Oh well, I got at least the basic stuff sitting by my desk again.  And I'm looking around the net for copies of things, including considering rebuilding my miniature collection for any tabletop games.

Seereous

I have the 3rd edition MechWarrior RPG book. Tech Readouts 3050, 3055, 3058, 3067, 3075 and the Project Phoenix Tech Readout. I also have the Field Manual Mercenaries and all of the Updates (3 of them I think). Oh yeah...both of the Intersteller Players as well. I love the first one, it has a section about the Bounty Hunter and the custom configurations of all of his Mechs. Very, very nice. :)

The American Patriot

hi everyone, i can wait to get back and build a really good campaign. we will more than likely be mostly freeform in play with 3rd ed mecwarrrior rpg acting as a guide....i dont have my glasses (they were destroyed in the wreck. and the VA has promised me new ones within the next week. so we might get to play before i get out of here if i can get online on a regular basis... i don't have my books here so we'd have to work mostly freeform until i can get to my books..

"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Anathanasia

Good to know you're okay. :)

Here's a couple links with some good stuff:
Mechs: http://www.chaosmarch.com/index.cfm
Resources: http://www.solaris7.com/
3e Mechwarrior Online Character Generator: http://www.netbattletech.com/nbt-solaris/char_management/pilot_main.php

The generator was a little flawed when we kinda started that other battletech game here 18 months ago or whatever it was; wouldn't let you spend the remainders of your skill points, which can really kick you in the ass in Mechwarrior 3e. I'll sign up again sometime over the weekend, check it out and let you all know.

On the game itself, I think we want to do it mostly freeform anyways. Battletech is a fun combat system, but it'd be seriously tedious to try and run forum games. I think we should try using character stats as guidelines, with a bit of behind-the-scenes GM rolling when someone does something dramatic that could serisously effect the battle. This would also let us play up the cool mech stuff without the hard limitations of the tabletop, y'know?

patriot, what were you thinking for section ([Van], [NC]...that stuff) and are you okay with altering your plan so we're a merc unit? It let people have a little more freedom on backgrounds.

The American Patriot

Thank you so much for thost links!

I was thinking mostly [Van], but [NC] might end up happening. so it's up to the players, i jut want to get a chance to play some Battletech again.

As for the group being Merc unit, it's not a big deal! :) I had a Merc unit called the Dogs of War that might end up being the name of the group we put together (i'll scan the logo i created for the Unit as soon as i get back home and have access to the scanner).

I had thought of running an old idea where the PCs are the onss who go into the Pheriphery and create a new 'micro-successor state' out of some of the pheriphery states just past the Free Worlds League, and end up getting into a war with the Word of Blake for their efforts.

The micro-successor state they create will be the March Worlds Republic, and would be composed of the Cincinuw Federation, Niops, and ohers (afer a nice battle with the Marian Hedgemony they absorb all that territory as well).

When i get home i can get more info about the campaign, and the players can decide if they want to play the 'nation building', or the 'War' that will be fought with the Word of Blake and the Free Worlds League a year later that solified the creation of the Mardh Worlds Republic.

sleepingferret

I checked the character generator out... way too many flaws, and especially with the skill point totaling at the end.  I had gone through and spent like 6 points in Mech Piloting and at least 2 of the 3 Gunnery skills, and at the end it said I spent 2 in each.

It's random event generator was also not very random, I went through a few got generally the same events.

Anathanasia

Bugger, I was hoping they'd fixed it. Guess I'll have to go brave the dust-rhinos and dig around for that box with my Battletech books if we actually get this going.

As for me, I still say we should have it in one of the [NC] forums. I'm actually more interested in the 'real' RP in the old Inner Sphere/Battletech universe than the erotic RP, but I'd prefer to not limit what can happen. Especially because I'm rarely interested in vanilla (when I am, it'd usually have to be lesbian) and would much rather RP combat than consensual M/F relations. That's not saying everyone else in the game can't do that if they want, just that it's not of interest to me.

I would prefer the war scenario, rather than the nation building. I think a small merc unit would be best, no more than a mech company say. More managable, and less permanent NPCs for the GM to have to worry about.

The American Patriot

A merc company it will be then! If we get enough players we might be able to fill the entire command... when you get your books dug-ut let me know so we can work to gether to build the NPCs since my books are at my home in Monore while i am here in Asheville. :(

Seereous

Will this be a Mech only company, or will there be other support such as armor or infantry?

The American Patriot

yes, there will be support personnel.

a platoon of techs, a platoon of regular infantry (for security), a platoon of armored infantry (armor acquired during the fighting in the choas march), and a flight (lance) of aerospace fighters.

and we will have our own dropship!

Anathanasia

Cool stuff. I'm putting together my dig team, I'll hopefully have a successful expedition and return shortly with battletech books, heh.

The American Patriot

Killer. once you're back with the books let me know so we can get started on working on those NPCs. :)

Seereous

What technology level are we using? What year Tech Readout can we pick our Mechs from? 3050 and 3055. Also, what's the unit's specialty and what weight class did you want us to be at? At we a mixed company? Heavies? Assaults? Mediums?

I'm just trying to get an idea for what Mech to pick.   :D

The American Patriot

Quote from: Seereous on August 20, 2008, 06:47:32 PM
What technology level are we using? What year Tech Readout can we pick our Mechs from? 3050 and 3055. Also, what's the unit's specialty and what weight class did you want us to be at? At we a mixed company? Heavies? Assaults? Mediums?

I'm just trying to get an idea for what Mech to pick.   :D

No worries guy, we are going to be playing during the period that the Capellan Confederation invasion and subsequent annexation of the St. Ives Compact. The Cossacks are going to be a medium to heavy company. one of the lances will be composed of heavy and assault 'mechs as the 'heavy hitters... And one lance will be composed of light and medium 'mechs as the hit and run group... Basicly the Cossacks are a raiding force. 

This is a temporary Unit Roster to give an idea of the unit... replace the rank of Mechwarrior Sergeant with the rank of Junior Lieutenant.

Tikonov Cossacks Company “<unit nickname>” Unit Roster

<surname>’s Command Lance ()
D (Major <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)
D (Mechwarrior Sergeant <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)

<>’s <> Lance ()
D (Captain <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)

<>’s <> Lance ()
D (Lieutenant <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)

<>’s <> Lance ()
D (Lieutenant <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)

Support Group “<d>” (Senior Lieutenant <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)
Infantry Support Platoon “<d>” (Lieutenant <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)
Armored Infantry Support Platoon “<d>” (Lieutenant <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)
Armored Support Platoon “<d>” (Lieutenant <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)
Security Platoon “<d>” (Lieutenant <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)

Technical Support Group “<d>” (Senior Lieutenant <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)
Technical Support Platoon “<d>” (Lieutenant <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)
Technical Support Platoon “<d>” (Lieutenant <first name> <middle name> “<callsign>” <surname>)

This is the ranks of the Cossacks.. The Cossacks will (hopefully) grow in size as the game progresses, and the unit expands to Regimental Combat Team size.

Márshal (Marshal)
Generál Ármii (General of the Army)
Generál-Polkóvnik (Colonel General)
Generál-Leytenánt (Lieutenant General)
Generál-Mayór (Major General)
Polkóvnik (Colonel)
Podpolkóvnik (Lt. Colonel)
Mayór (Major)
Kapitán (Captain)
Stárshiy Leytenánt (Senior Lieutenant)
Leytenánt (Leutenant)
Mládshiy Leytenánt (Junior Lieutenant)

Stárshiy Práporshchik (Senior Warrant Officer)
Práporshchik (Warrant Officer)

Starshiná (Sergeant Major)
Stárshiy Serzhánt (Senior Sergeant)
Serzhánt (Sergeant)
Mládshiy Serzhánt (Junior Sergeant)
Yefréytor (Gefreiter)
Ryadovóy (Private)

sleepingferret

What about variant models or moderate customizations?  I was considering the MAD-5A Marauder II, and doing a bit of work with it.

I was thinking of giving it a heavier engine, an endo steel chassis, a total of twenty double heat sinks, up its jump capacity to 120 meters, swap the autocannon for a third extended range particle projection cannon, and depending on rule level add either a ECM suite or laser anti-missile system (laser AMS being classified as level 3, and therefore not standard tournament level play equipment).

Or I was thinking of taking the MAD-5D Marauder and changing its layout by removing the Streak SRM 2 rack, adding an additional double heat sink and two medium lasers.

The American Patriot

Quote from: sleepingferret on August 20, 2008, 11:19:59 PM
What about variant models or moderate customizations?  I was considering the MAD-5A Marauder II, and doing a bit of work with it.

I was thinking of giving it a heavier engine, an endo steel chassis, a total of twenty double heat sinks, up its jump capacity to 120 meters, swap the autocannon for a third extended range particle projection cannon, and depending on rule level add either a ECM suite or laser anti-missile system (laser AMS being classified as level 3, and therefore not standard tournament level play equipment).

Or I was thinking of taking the MAD-5D Marauder and changing its layout by removing the Streak SRM 2 rack, adding an additional double heat sink and two medium lasers.

I don't have a problem with reasonable customization of 'mechs, areospace fighters, vehicles and battlesuits... But i do ask for a good reasonable explaination for how your character got the modifications made to their machines. We will be using the Mechwarrior RPG 3rd Edition rules for character generation, and I will be posting the 'character' sheet that we will be using. This has alot of sections that are meant to draw out as much detailed information as possible about the CHARACTER first and foremost with the technical specifications and data being overshadowed by the actual Character information, and is meant to provide space to give detailed explainations for the stats and data that covers the game mechanics info.

sleepingferret

As far as 'mechs, aerospace fighters, vehicles, battlesuits, and other such things...which rule level are we going by?  Standard tournament level 2, or optional/advanced tech level 3?

Anathanasia

I'm also wondering about tech level and such. How tight to the rules are we going to stick as far as what traits like [Custom Vehicle] and even just [Vehicle] will allow?

Also, I am SOOO not helping make NPCs. I'd forgotten what a pita Mechwarrior 3e is to make characters in. I wouldn't want to do it more than once or twice a campaign. Honestly, I think NPCs can pretty much be fudged by the GM anyways. :P

The American Patriot

Quote from: Anathanasia on August 22, 2008, 06:44:06 AM
I'm also wondering about tech level and such. How tight to the rules are we going to stick as far as what traits like [Custom Vehicle] and even just [Vehicle] will allow?

Also, I am SOOO not helping make NPCs. I'd forgotten what a pita Mechwarrior 3e is to make characters in. I wouldn't want to do it more than once or twice a campaign. Honestly, I think NPCs can pretty much be fudged by the GM anyways. :P

Tech level is going to be Inner Sphere Tech, the game will be taking place in 3063 during the Capellan-St. Ives war, T am not sure about the tournament rules... we will be using fast and loose rules on the equipment, vehicles, aerospace fighters, battlesuits, and battlemechs. you can have what you want (within reason).

The American Patriot

<first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>

Personal Information:

Rank/Title: d

Battlemech/Battlesuit/Aerospace Fighter/Combat Vehicle: d

Other Aliases: "<>"

Affiliations: d

Legal Status: Citizen of the <country> with <A / No> Criminal Record.

Place of Birth: city, Planet, region, counry

Martial Status: single, engaged, married, separated, divorced

Known Relatives: <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (fiancée, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (husband, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (wife, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (mother, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (sister, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (brother, age).

Extent of Education: Graduate of the <> w/a <> degree.

Religion: <> (practicing/semi-practicing/non-practicing)

Background Information:

<the character's history>

Statistical Information:

<the basic character stats>

Personal Belongings: d.

Personal Weapons: d.

Home / Residence: d

Personal Vehicle / Transportation: d

Skills: Academics/<> (0), Acrobatics (0), Acting (0), Administration (0), Animal Handling (0), Appraisal (0), Archery (0), Artillery (0), Arts/<> (0), Blades (0), Bombing (0), Boxing (0), Brawling (0), Bureaucracy/(affiliation) (0), Career/<> (0), Chic (0), Climbing (0), Computers/<> (0), Cooking (0), Cryptography (0), Deception (0), Demolitions (0), Disguise (0), Electronic Counter-Measures (0), Engineering (0), Escape Artist (0), Fast Talk (0), First Aid (0), Forgery (0), Forward Observer (0), Free Fall (0), Gambling (0), Gunnery/Ballistic/<> (0), Gunnery/Laser/<> (0), Gunnery/Missile/<> (0), Gunsmith (0), Hunting-Tracking/<> (0), Interests/<> (0), Interrogation (0), Intimidation (0), Investigation (0), Jump Packs (0), Language/<> (0), Perception (0), Pick Pocket (0), Piloting/<> (0), Pistols (0), Poisons and Antidotes (0), Protocol/(affiliation) (0), Pugilism (0), Quickdraw (0), Read Lips (0), Reconnaissance (0), Riding (0), Rifles (0), Running (0), Scrounge (0), Security Systems/<> (0), Seduction (0), Sensor Operations (0), Ship's Crew (0), Shotguns (0), Staffs (0), Stealth (0), Strategy (0), Streetwise (0), Submachine Guns (0), Support Weapons (0), Surgery (0), Surveillance (0), Survival (0), Swimming (0), Tactics/<> (0), Technician/<> (0), Throwing Weapons (0), Tracking (0), Training (0), Whips (0), Zero-G Operations (0). Academics/<> (0), Acrobatics (0), Acting (0), Administration (0), Animal Handling (0), Appraisal (0), Archery (0), Artillery (0), Arts/<> (0), Blades (0), Bombing (0), Boxing (0), Brawling (0), Bureaucracy/(affiliation) (0), Career/<> (0), Chic (0), Climbing (0), Computers/<> (0), Cooking (0), Cryptography (0), Deception (0), Demolitions (0), Disguise (0), Electronic Counter-Measures (0), Engineering (0), Escape Artist (0), Fast Talk (0), First Aid (0), Forgery (0), Forward Observer (0), Free Fall (0), Gambling (0), Gunnery/Ballistic/<> (0), Gunnery/Laser/<> (0), Gunnery/Missile/<> (0), Gunsmith (0), Hunting-Tracking/<> (0), Interests/<> (0), Interrogation (0), Intimidation (0), Investigation (0), Jump Packs (0), Language/<> (0), Perception (0), Pick Pocket (0), Piloting/<> (0), Pistols (0), Poisons and Antidotes (0), Protocol/(affiliation) (0), Pugilism (0), Quickdraw (0), Read Lips (0), Reconnaissance (0), Riding (0), Rifles (0), Running (0), Scrounge (0), Security Systems/<> (0), Seduction (0), Sensor Operations (0), Ship's Crew (0), Shotguns (0), Staffs (0), Stealth (0), Strategy (0), Streetwise (0), Submachine Guns (0), Support Weapons (0), Surgery (0), Surveillance (0), Survival (0), Swimming (0), Tactics/<> (0), Technician/<> (0), Throwing Weapons (0), Tracking (0), Training (0), Whips (0), Zero-G Operations (0).

Languages: <> (native), <> (fluent), <> (speak-only), <> (literate-only).

Traits: Addiction/<>, Alertness, Allergy/<>, Alternate Identity, Alternate Identity (Advanced), Ambidextrous, Amnesia, Animal Antipathy, Animal Empathy, Attractive, Bad Reputation, Birthplace, Bloodmark, Bloodname, Brave, Capellan Warrior House, Clumsy, Combat Paralysis, Combat Sense, Commission, Contact, Custom Vehicle, Dark Secret, Demotion, Dependants, Disabled, EI Neural Implant, Elemental Phenotype, Enemy, Exceptional Attribute, Fast Learner, Fighter Pilot Phenotype, Fit, G-Tolerance, Glass Jaw, Glory, Good Hearing, Good Reputation, Good Vision, Gregarious, High Endurance, Impatient, In For Life, Introvert, Land Grant, The Brotherhood, Lemon, Lost Limb, Low Endurance, Madness/<>, Mechwarrior Phenotype, Natural Aptitude, Night Blindness, Night Vision, Owns Vehicle, Pain Resistance, Patience, Patron, Poison Resistance, Poor Hearing, Poor Vision, Poorly Equipped, Poverty, Prominence, Prominence/Current, Prominence/Highest, Promotion, Property, Proud Heritage, Quirk/(see Quirk list), Rank, Shameful Heritage, Sixth Sense, Slow Learner, Solaris Rank, Special Item, Stigma/(see stigma list), Transit Disorient Syndrome (TDS), Tech Empathy, Thick-Skinned, Thin-Skinned, Timid, Title, Toughness, Unattractive, Unattractive (Scars), Unhealthy, Unlucky, Vehicle, Wealth, Wealth (Loaned), Well-Connected, Well-Equipped, WOB Faction.

Physical Information:

Ethnic Group: < d >

Sexual Orientation: < heterosexual/bisexual/homosexual >

Height: 0' 00" (00x-00-00)

Weight: <>lbs

Hair Colour: d

Eye Colour: d

Physical Appearance: <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname> is an <unattractive / below average / average / above average / attractive> looking <AGE>yr old Caucasian female in excellent physical condition for a woman her age, height and build who engages in moderate regular exercise on a daily basis.

Distinguishing Physical Characteristics: <description of tattoos and piercings>.

Normal Attire: <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname> normally wears <description of clothing>.

Quote(s): "<>."

sleepingferret

It looks more daunting than the 3rd edition character creation mechanics. :P  Just kidding.

--- On a side note, I must be completely out of my mind I think I've spent close to $300 buying miniatures again off ebay.  Well ok, granted one alone was like $65...

And I bought a couple D&D miniatures off another site selling individual miniatures....yeah I've lost my mind...along with a good portion of my last paycheck.

The American Patriot

Quote from: sleepingferret on August 22, 2008, 08:18:47 PM
It looks more daunting than the 3rd edition character creation mechanics. :P  Just kidding.

--- On a side note, I must be completely out of my mind I think I've spent close to $300 buying miniatures again off ebay.  Well ok, granted one alone was like $65...

And I bought a couple D&D miniatures off another site selling individual miniatures....yeah I've lost my mind...along with a good portion of my last paycheck.

Don't feel to bad, i use to have $2000 worth of battletech minitures, but my first ex took them. and i really wish i could have some right now. the rehabilitation of my legs is the only thin that is keeping me here in the VA hospital. and pianting minis really helps pss the time... hours go by and it only feels like minutes have gone by. 

Anathanasia

The one thing I'm missing from that online character generator is the additional lifepath stuff. The book is so limited, I miss the variety. :P

I'm sticking with the same basic concept I had before, because I like the character, but I'd like to play her as a new recruit to the unit, if that's cool. Essentially, she's from a family of 'landed' mercs with long ties to the Lyran Commonwealth/Alliance, dating back to the fall of the Star League when her ancestor was one of the many SL Atlas pilots who stuck around figuring they could do well. Essentially part of the nobility, with land and the whole deal (she's the heir), she's well educated (Sangalore Academy on Skye, if I got the name right?) and talented. She has the family mech because her father is teaching at Sangalore, a late-model Star League Atlas (The main diff is it uses endo-steel internals and DHS in the engine), with some weapons refits to give it some of the latest firepower. She's decided to not renew a direct contract with the Lyran's because she wants to travel!

How's that for a nutshell?

The American Patriot

Quote from: Anathanasia on August 23, 2008, 03:14:13 PM
The one thing I'm missing from that online character generator is the additional lifepath stuff. The book is so limited, I miss the variety. :P

I'm sticking with the same basic concept I had before, because I like the character, but I'd like to play her as a new recruit to the unit, if that's cool. Essentially, she's from a family of 'landed' mercs with long ties to the Lyran Commonwealth/Alliance, dating back to the fall of the Star League when her ancestor was one of the many SL Atlas pilots who stuck around figuring they could do well. Essentially part of the nobility, with land and the whole deal (she's the heir), she's well educated (Sangalore Academy on Skye, if I got the name right?) and talented. She has the family mech because her father is teaching at Sangalore, a late-model Star League Atlas (The main diff is it uses endo-steel internals and DHS in the engine), with some weapons refits to give it some of the latest firepower. She's decided to not renew a direct contract with the Lyran's because she wants to travel!

How's that for a nutshell?

Sounds good to me!

Fits really good in the concept of the merc unit, the Tikonov Cossacks will be a unit formed because of the Liao-Marik invasion of the Sarna March in 3058. The majority of the men and women in the Cossacks have a major hard-on when they get to fight the Capellans. And the recent attemp to annex the St. Ives Compact gives them a chance to fight the Capellans AND make money will doing it.

The unit commander is from Tikonov, and HATES house Liao... 

Seereous

Okay...I can't make up my mind on a Mech. Oh well, I'll figure that out at the end. What Battlesuits will the Cossacks get? I know that there will only be 12 and all that fun stuff, but I thought I would ask since I tend to favor the Special Ops/Armored Infantry over BattleMechs.

sleepingferret

General Character Concept so far:

The son of a doctor, and more importantly his father a Senior Engineer at Blackwell Corporation on New Valencia with ties to both the Lyran Alliance and in a round about way the famous Wolf's Dragoons.  Became known as the wealthy brat who could get you just about anything in prep school, by making a few skillful dealings with a local pawn shop owner that had some more seeder connections.  While typically generous to his friends, he was never usual subtle...so gifts and some of his possessions showed he had or could get cash, which to some even to this day has made others resent him a bit.  Having grown up around a prominent 'Mech development company, there was never any question of what he wanted to do; so after prep school despite his mother's mild protests he packed his bags and headed for the New Valencia Military Academy.  Whether it was his family connections to Blackwell Corporation, which basically gave him some basic connections throughout New Valencia or maybe he did really impress someone...he didn't really know, but he ended up in the officer academy.  By the time he had finished his training at the academy and was given his first Tour of Duty assignment, he had been given a commission (Officer rank 3) to command the 'Mech company heading to reinforce units already on Zurich.  Shortly after arrival though, Zurich became a massive battleground with an engagement between Lyran and Liao forces.  While he and his unit served the Lyran Alliance well, during the fighting he was forced to punch out and a malfunctioning ejection system left him with a torn up left leg.  Despite the advances in medical science, because he had to find his own way back to friendly lines...he is still left with a minor limp and unless he bites back the pain he can't really run or sprint, and even then he can only for very limited periods of time.  The lines at Zurich did hold, so his unit had done their job under his command and his skills as both a commanding officer and a Mechwarrior had been proven in the field.  After his injury, he returned to New Valencia and even though his military career had been brief he had obviously turned a few heads.    So perhaps his connections that speed his career along were well deserved, and thus upon his return he was offered a job as a test pilot for Blackwell Corporation.  Still wanting to be in the cockpit of a 'Mech, he accepted the offer.

Now a few years later, with the war still waging on with the papers to the variant of Blackwell Corporation's Marauder II in his pocket...he's signed on with Tikonov Cossacks Company, and looking to once again put his skills to the test.  Blackwell Corporation of course wants their latest model field tested, it's been tested in all the standard controlled environment tests...but they want it to see real combat, before they offer it to their biggest buyer the Wolf's Dragoons.  So with an agreement that he gives them the usual field report about actual combat performance after one year, Blackwell Corporation handed him the ownership contract, and some technical documentation and blueprints he'd need to give to any techs.

Anathanasia

That's a pretty neat character idea, sleepingferret. "New-money", hehe. ;)

Can any of you tell me more or point out a place where I can find out more about the seccessionist movement in the Isle of Skye? I know it's there, might like to incorporate it into my characters background, but I can't find enough details, especially on timeline. Any help?

sleepingferret

The FedCom Civil War didn't begin until 3062 and ended in 3067.  The Skye secessionist movement was eventually put down by the end of the conflict.

Best record of when the Free Skye movement started however is around 3034.  The assassination of Ryan Steiner, an erstwhile head of the movement occurred somewhere around 3055 - 3056.

That's about the best information I've been able to find so far.  And that's using both the last published Lyran Alliance Field Manual (FASA 1720) and a BattleTech Wiki entry about the Lyran Alliance.

I noticed in my search that perhaps there was a novel written that might have a story dealing with events relating to either the FedCom Civil War and the Skye Guard or perhaps even the Free Skye movement itself in 3034 or sometime up to its demise in 3067. 

The American Patriot

Quote from: Seereous on August 24, 2008, 12:38:32 AM
Okay...I can't make up my mind on a Mech. Oh well, I'll figure that out at the end. What Battlesuits will the Cossacks get? I know that there will only be 12 and all that fun stuff, but I thought I would ask since I tend to favor the Special Ops/Armored Infantry over BattleMechs.

that works for me... i sent a PM about the kinds of suits that the Cossacks have salvaged while in the Chaos March.

Anathanasia

So I've been continuing my research, found this cool Battletech wiki: http://sarna.net

As much of a pain in the butt as making MW3 characters is, any chance we could use the expanded paths here?
http://sarna.net/files/data/mechwarrior/life_paths_updated.pdf

I like the breakdown of regions better, as well as the different paths for actually attending different schools! What do you guys say, shall we use them?

The American Patriot

I have no problem with using them in character generation, so go for it! :)

Seereous

Okay folks. Are we still doing this? There hasn't been anything posted in a few days so I thought that I would ask. :)

CaptainErotica

If this is still on I'm definately interested.

The American Patriot

I am sorry that i was unable to get to make any posts, but i do have a valid reason. I was taken to the main hospital on Monday with severe right flank pain. Thankfully the took me for a CAT Scan to confirm that it was Kidney stones. They also discovered that my appendix was inflamed. They operated on me Monday night/Tuesday morning. They removed my appendix right before it was to burst.

I was unable to get online during this weekend, since the wi-fi that i have been jumping in on was not active, and i am very upset that I’ve not been able to get my assignments completed. My mother was to bring me my pc this past Sunday, but couldn't since she had to take my dad to the VA hospital in Columbia where they put him in the ICU. I don’t know what is happening with him since i have been bed ridden since Monday. I am currently attached to an IV that is keeping me in the bed, and having to type one handed, with my laptop on my chest.
I can't beleive that i had kidney stones AND an appendix that was about to burst. even the doctor who operated on me said that too. She was flabbergasted, and said that i was the first case she had ever heard of having both at the same time.

sleepingferret

Focus on getting better first and foremost.  We'll still be here, when you get more time and feel up to posting more.

Besides good Mechwarrior/Battletech games require a lot of prep work for both the players and the GM anyways, so not like we should rush into this.

The American Patriot

Quote from: sleepingferret on September 03, 2008, 12:46:29 PM
Focus on getting better first and foremost.  We'll still be here, when you get more time and feel up to posting more.

Besides good Mechwarrior/Battletech games require a lot of prep work for both the players and the GM anyways, so not like we should rush into this.

Oh, beleive me... I know that. :D and i am loving it.

Does anyone have the write-up for the Outreach military academy that the Wol's Dragoons had opened? I can't remeber where i saw it...

Robguy, you are more than welcome to join. we are going to have a four lance company positions that need to be filled!

sleepingferret

The location of the training facility of the "public" training facility is within the planetary capital, Harlech.  The Dragoons maintain their private training grounds on the other less populated continent known as the "Outback", which is restricted to only members of the Dragoons or those they choose to allow there.

The Harlech facility is classrooms and simulators, and of course Blackwell industries does keep a show room and demonstration facilities.

Anathanasia

Ouch, patriot. Do get better, we can take our time and discuss the prep and background at a leisurely pace while you convalesce. :)

The American Patriot

danke, i appreciate it. doing my online college classes and this has helped me get through all this.

ClockworkSoul

If you're still taking on interested parties I was a huge Battletech fan back in the day and would love to have the chance to play either a mech jockey or armored infantry.
...Like a leaf on the wind.
Innocently it yields to the winds call.
The leaf and wind, then, soar together as one,
With no thought, as the journey is begun,
That when it lands the journey is done...

Story Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21508.msg3659621#msg3659621
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=114576.0

sleepingferret

I haven't heard from patriot one way or the other... this has been in the discussion/prep phase for a while now.  It is still something I believe many people still want to do, but no real word has been said for a while.

The American Patriot

Hi guys,

I'm sorry i've not posted more. But, i have been trying to work on getting things ready for play. plus the wi-fi here at the hospital that i've been using has been very iffy as of late.

The PCs are going to be a mercenary company, so I've been doing a lot of research on merc companies, and the best 'mechs for them to use...

The available 'mechs should be drawn from among the following (if there is a mech you have your heart set on let me know) since these are the kinds of mechs that most begining merc units would have access too that are flexible enough to handle any kind of situation. The lineholders, sentrys and watchmans are those 'mech that would most likely be given to any dispossessed mechwarriors who joined the unit after having lost their 'mechs prior to be hired by the Cossacks. 

UZL-3S Uziel (50 tons)
END-6Q Enfield (50 tons)
KW1-LH2 Lineholder (55 tons)
STY-3C Starslayer (50 tons)
TBT-7M Trebuchet (50 tons)
BSW-L1 Bushwacker (55 tons)
SNT-04 Sentry (40 tons)
WTC-4M Watchman (40 tons)
HEL-3D Helios (60 tons)
ARC-8M Archer (70 tons)

<>’s Command Lance
D “<callsign>” (Major <name>)
D “<callsign>” (Lieutenant <name>)
D “<callsign>” (Junior Lieutenant <name>)

<>’s Striker Lance
D “<callsign>” (Captain <name>)
D “<callsign>” (Lieutenant <name>)

<>’s Fire Lance
ARC-8M Archer “<callsign>” (Senior Lieutenant <name>)
HEL-3D Helios “<callsign>” (Lieutenant <name>)
TBT-7M Trebuchet “<callsign>” (Junior Lieutenant <name>)
TBT-7M Trebuchet “<callsign>” (Junior Lieutenant <name>)

<>'s Battlesuit Platoon

The ranks of the Cossacks...

Mayór (Major)
Kapitán (Captain)
Stárshiy Leytenánt (Senior Lieutenant)
Leytenánt (Leutenant)
Mládshiy Leytenánt (Junior Lieutenant)

Stárshiy Práporshchik (Senior Warrant Officer)
Práporshchik (Warrant Officer)

Starshiná (Sergeant Major)
Stárshiy Serzhánt (Senior Sergeant)
Serzhánt (Sergeant)
Mládshiy Serzhánt (Junior Sergeant)
Yefréytor (Gefreiter)
Ryadovóy (Private)

sleepingferret

This puts an interesting hitch in the old plans.... as some of us had discussed character concepts and mechs already.

The American Patriot

Have no fear, you can keep the mech already approved for play. :) the above list is for those having problems choosing a mech.

i have been reading over my books looking to find the best way to set the game up. and playing a single company will be fun, just had to make sure i had everything ready.

if anyone has the latest technical readouts with the age of war 'mech and other equipment and willing to help me please let me know.

The company has a flight of two SB-27 Sabre aerospace fighters, a Scout-class jumpship and a Union-class dropship.

The Cossacks formal uniform: a black shako, a dark blue-grey dolman w/white fur lining, a blue-grey jacket, a light blue-grey shirt, a dark blue-grey tie, a pair of black trousers, a set of underwear, a pair of black socks, a pair of black combat boots, a black Sam Brown belt, and officers wear a Shaska sabre instead of a sidearm that is worn by other ranks.

Cossacks mechwarrior uniform: a blue-grey cooling vest, a light blue-grey cooling shirt, a pair of black shorts, a set of mesh underwear, and a pair of black boots, a gunbelt with a short sabre.

Cossaks out-of-mech coveralls: a black hat, a blue-grey jumpsuit.

Cossacks field uniform: a black cap, a blue-grey field jacket, a blue-grey combat shirt, a pair of black combat pants, a set of underwear, a pair of cushion-soled black socks, a pair of black combat boots, and a set of black combat webbing.

The Cossacks rank insignia is worn on the color coded right epaulettes of their uniform jacket. Mechwarriors wear a dark blue epaulette. Aerospace Fighter pilots wear a black epaulette. Battlesuit Troopers wear a dark green epaulette. Technicians wear a dark red epaulette. Jumpship and Dropship crews wear a black epaulette.

Polkóvnik (Colonel) a color coded epaulette with one broad embroidered yellow bar in the center and three large gold stars. Podpolkóvnik (Lt. Colonel) a color coded epaulette with one broad embroidered yellow bar in the center and two large gold stars. Mayór (Major) a color coded epaulette with one broad embroidered yellow bar in the center and a single large gold star. Kapitán (Captain) a color coded epaulette two parallel embroidered yellow stripes two parallel yellow stripes with four small silver stars. Stárshiy Leytenánt (Senior Lieutenant) a color coded epaulette with two parallel embroidered yellow stripes with three small silver stars. Leytenánt (Leutenant) a color coded epaulette with two parallel embroidered yellow stripes with two small silver stars. Mládshiy Leytenánt (Junior Lieutenant) a color coded epaulette with two parallel embroidered yellow stripes with a single small silver star.

Stárshiy Práporshchik (Senior Warrant Officer) a color coded epaulette with two embroidered yellow broad bars and two bronze stars. Práporshchik (Warrant Officer) a color coded epaulette with two broad embroidered yellow bars and a single bronze star.

Starshiná (Sergeant Major) a color coded epaulette with two broad yellow bars. Stárshiy Serzhánt (Senior Sergeant) a color coded epaulette with a single broad yellow bar. Serzhánt (Sergeant) a color coded epaulette with three thin yellow bars. Mládshiy Serzhánt (Junior Sergeant) a color coded epaulette with two thin yellow bars. Yefréytor (Gefreiter) a color coded epaulette with a single thin yellow bar. Ryadovóy (Private) a color coded epaulette.

The Tikonov Cossacks' Technical Support Group: The maintenance team of each battlemech is composed of a tech and their three astechs. The maintenance team of each lance is overseen by a Chief Tech. The maintenance of the company is over seen by a Lieutenant, who in turn answers to a Senior Lieutenant.

ClockworkSoul

What suits of armor are approved for the battlesuit platoon?
...Like a leaf on the wind.
Innocently it yields to the winds call.
The leaf and wind, then, soar together as one,
With no thought, as the journey is begun,
That when it lands the journey is done...

Story Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21508.msg3659621#msg3659621
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=114576.0

The American Patriot

Quote from: ClockworkSoul on October 23, 2008, 01:31:41 PM
What suits of armor are approved for the battlesuit platoon?

The only diffference from what I had originally discussed when we got started is that i've added the Thesseus to the line up... mainly because who developed the suit would allow for a merc unit to acquire them brand new. The Longinus and the Cavalier battlesuits ae second hand (acquired in the Chaos March from the house units the unit had worked with), but the Thesseus battlesuits are acquired new from the Magestry of Canopus.

The American Patriot

Hi everyone... if you are all still interested we will be starting the game on Monday 17 November 2008, that will give me the weekend to set everything up for the game since I leave here for home on Friday 14 November.

So please post your characters here while i get ready to set up the thread, i just need to know what forum we should put the game thread onto... I don't mind the game going all over the place, i just need to know where the players are willing to go (and what they aren't willing to let things go too).   

this is the sabre worn by officers in the cossacks...

sleepingferret

17th? sounds good.

Oh and glad to hear your feeling better patriot.

As for where the game should be placed, my vote is keep it probably around the level of NC-H..I don't think anything will be going on much beyond that.  I could be wrong, but that gives us a decent amount of freedom with things without necessarily "crossing too many lines" or "stepping on too many toes" so to speak.

The American Patriot

Sounds like a good idea... I am hoping that i can get access to my battletech artwork so i can post the Cossack's uniform when i get back to the apartment the 31st. :)

The American Patriot

Ok... the time for the game to start will be monday. so please let me know who is here and going to play. i need to make sure we are still getting the game going.

i'm out of the hospital, and sitting in my parents house looking around wondering when i can get to the apartment. i'm hungry for something, but can't decide what i want. soon as i can, i'll post the uniforms of the Cossacks... and the secret of just how the Cossacks are being put together.

And it will be very, very intersting.

Spider

The American Patriot

Very much so. :) i've not had all the people who said they wanted to play respond yet.. hopefully they will after the game starts tomorrow (monday). just let me know what you would like to play. :)

sleepingferret

Sorry for not responding earlier... been busy and E hasn't been very kind to me since its move.  It either times out completely or takes forever to load.

At any rate, I'm in and will be posting my final draft for my character (dig through the thread to find the concept and such) on Monday.

The American Patriot

Quote from: sleepingferret on November 16, 2008, 04:41:21 PM
Sorry for not responding earlier... been busy and E hasn't been very kind to me since its move.  It either times out completely or takes forever to load.

At any rate, I'm in and will be posting my final draft for my character (dig through the thread to find the concept and such) on Monday.

Hi there... it's no problem. looks like we will have a single day delay... I am still here at my parent's house awaiting to be driven back to my apartment. it's been four months since i have been there... so long that it's not home anymore. i think of home and the picture of the hospital comes into my head. something is really wrong with me. huh?

sleepingferret

I'm having issues with getting on E at the moment.  It seems I (and apparently others) get 500 internal server errors a lot of the time.

So until I figure something out, as I can't leave my laptop logged in all the time as I do travel at times...I'm holding off on posting anything further.

The American Patriot

ok. :(

well, everyone who is still able to play, please let me know so we can get started on the game. we'll keep a place open for anyone to play. i promise.