Beware the Gifts of The Traveler. (5e Roguelike, Closed to Interest)

Started by ZameRagues, March 11, 2018, 06:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vin26m

Quote from: ZameRagues on March 12, 2018, 08:06:25 AM
DomJoe
Not sure why, but I can't see the image. The sheet looks good though.

Vin26m
Take your time. Life comes first.

Thanks for your patience.  I'll need another couple of days at least before I can put up a sheet.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: ZameRagues on March 12, 2018, 06:21:14 PM
I love finding the right picture then making the character. As we speak

Your sheet looks good.

I concur, but there's just so many choices and so few are 100% what feels right. Either way, with long term characters apperances change too..

By the by, I've been thinking, with the idea of this campaign, would it be prudent to also provide a book/erotic story as inspiration idea, or do you have that one covered by having everyone share the same? ^^

By the by the by, anyone else notice the melee-fighter centered theme we got going so far, at this rate we could make this campaign all about characters that are in turn all about training their body, one way or another.

ERrr.. I mean. OFC I'm the only wizard in this bunch of martial brutes, guess it's up to me to deal with this travelers mystery!

GunmetalDreamer

Well, the first point that I’d make is that we’ve only seen like half the proposed characters, so there could still be a hard swing coming.

That said, I’m not exactly surprised that people’s pitches are martially inclined.  I mean, the core pitch is that there’s a lot of solo stuff going on, playing a caster without someone to frontline for them is pretty risky.  I mean, you’re not seeing a lot of archers either, right?

Of course, full casters are largely unshackled from gear concerns so you could take that Level 5 option with no real consequences aside from the near-nakedness.  Furthermore, running out of HP leads to sexy times rather than horrible death, so maybe running without support isn’t that daunting either.

I guess my theory is that we’re all “Trying too hard to build for competency in a solo environment” or “maybe we’re trying to avoid submitting a bunch of overly thirsty thots”.

I mean my thought process didn’t go much beyond “I like this picture, and I’ve never played a Monk before.  I wonder if Kensei ever got updated for 5e…”

Phaia

Name: Tandrella Fesll'is Selena Lorela Princess of the Elf King's Court...  just call her Tandi! Please!!!
Age/Height/Weight: Age 25/ 5'4"/ 110 pds
Race: Half-Elf
Description
Tandi stands a tiny bit over 5'4". She has more curves then most elf females and large full breasts that seem to defy gravity. When aroused her pink nipples harden and point out 1/4 of an inch. Her legs are long and shapely and like an elf she has no body hair even in her public area. Tandi tend to wear her blone hair cut shoulder length unlike her cousins and other elf females. She has lovely exotic slanted purplish-blue eyes another hint at her family bloodline.

Tandi has a Arcane Tattoo on her left shoulder, This is the family tattoo and is supposed to allow her access to certain places only a royal family member can go... as far as she knows it is a bunch of bull as she has not found any tales or stories about such things... She figures it was something her father did out of spite when she was still a baby.

Tandi loves gold and sapphires. She loves peaches and hard candy. She had trained with the rapier and can hold her own as needed but prefers to be the support.

She has a deep blue crystal on a gold chain around her neck as an arcane focus and her gear is in good shape. Wearing studded leather and carrying a hand crossbow, rapier and several daggers she is ready for an adventure.

Class: Lore Bard L5
Desired Gear for 3rd/4th level: None
Book Details: The princess and the Traveler: Tandi was traveling with a caravan crossing along a major route. She sang and danced and told stories. One day she found this cloaked man walking along with her and when he Greeted her as 'Princess' She started. It had been a long time that anyone had referred to her that way. He revealed that once some years back he had visited her grandfathers court and had seen her there in a heated discussion with her father. He had of course walked away but he had not forgotten her and here they were. They spoke most of that day and she offered one of her rare peaches to him. She knew stories he claimed to not have heard and he knew version of ones she knew. By the time the caravan made camp at a town they had arrived in Tandi offered to pay for dinner. At the end the cloaked man stood and placed a leather tome by her hand. 'I promised your grandfather I would further your lore knowledge and so I leave you this to study and I must be going. By the time Tandi had stood to protest he had slipped off into the night.

She took the book with her to the area she would bed down and with candles she began to read... By the gods what erotic stories they were. The lady of noble birth in the story had many misadventures and always seemed to be naked when doing so. All the males even the halfling were well endowed much bigger then any she had been with so far. The lady had been bound, led on a leash, sucked cock even took it anally, which was something Tandi had fantasized about, in the end being saved by a centaur she had earlier saved herself. Only to find the centaur chieftain seeing her collar and piercing would claim the lady for the tribe. By then it was near dawn and the caravan would be leaving mid-day so she had time to sleep. laying down she drifted off with images of well endowed men and being bound dancing in her mind.

Favored Kink: Enforced nudity [until she gets used to it] Anal [Tandi is a maiden anally but has thought about and will enjoy it] Well endowed males, being bound, collared and led on a leash.
Multiple partners. Monsterous cocks, D/s
Player offs: torture, bathroom stuff, maiming, gore, and there may be other as they come up I would discuss any others that feel uncomfortable.
Sheet Link: Tandrella Fesll'is Selena Lorela aka Tandi

Tandi is the name she uses these days it was in fact much easier then using Tandrella Fesll'is Selena Lorela, Grand daughter of an Elf King, Blah Blah Blah. So sure technically she could be considered a princess since her father, the second son of The King, had a fling with a human woman, an Ambassador to the elf lands, and she was the result. But A half blood would never EVER stand in line for the throne so she had been bounced around various places.

Growing up ignored by her father and shunned by the court she was basically grew up as an Urchin in streets and palace of the elf city, there Tandi learned how to survive. She paid her way as needed sometimes lifting purses or doing a burglary. Others she sucked cock or let them have her sex. Yet her heart stayed in the light and she learned many things as well as courtly life.

She was nearly an adult when she was summoned to the palace...ragged and dirty she cleaned up lovely. Some said as pretty as her grandmother and aunts. Tested for magic it was discovered she had a knack for music and inspiration. A bard was an acceptable career and so she was trained by court musicians and performers. It turned out that while her father did not much care about her one way or another and had married. Her grandfather the king saw something in her.

She went out on her own with the King's blessings and a horse and some gold to start her own adventuring life. She has returned to the court once to regale her grandfather with stories and tales she found and her own adventures.

Pipaluk

I think most people did the extra challenge, which is roll the states and they have to go in order:

Strength
Dex
Con
Int
Wis
Cha

It just so happened that the INT was extremely low for a lot of people (myself included). The idea was to roll random stats and make a character that would fit those states. So being a lot of people rolled higher strength/dex, you get a lot of melee builds over INT based casters. I considered going warlock (which could have been fun for this campaign), but decided to try something new and play a barbarian.

Roleplay Frog

When I write a character I think about having fun first, being strong last. Sure low int into martial was a simple enough decision, but I've had more fun than I should just going wild with a concept rather than ever worrying about efficacy.

DomJoe

Low Int is more viable in 5e because Int is less powerful in this edition, rather than in something like 3.5e or Pathfinder that has skill points. The counter argument is that Investigation is practically the 2nd coming of Perception, but it highly depends on how the GM in question sees it. It also doesn't help that there are so few Int based classes/archetypes in the PHB.

Edit: for the record, I did not go challenge mode.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Pipaluk on March 13, 2018, 02:26:57 PM
I think most people did the extra challenge, which is roll the states and they have to go in order:

It just so happened that the INT was extremely low for a lot of people (myself included). The idea was to roll random stats and make a character that would fit those states. So being a lot of people rolled higher strength/dex, you get a lot of melee builds over INT based casters. I considered going warlock (which could have been fun for this campaign), but decided to try something new and play a barbarian.

My case I got overall high stats across the board, but went eldritch knight as having high Str, Con and Int it made sense.

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Marius/Marie Mandaren
Age/Height/Weight: 22/ 6'2"/ 160 pds
Race: Human (standard)
Description: Since transformation, Marius (or rather Marie) retains strong physical physique in form of lean muscles which however do not diminish her femine charms (round butt, B+ sized breasts with dark red nipples and carpet matches drapes). Upon waking up she is wearing a lingerie and some golden/red arcane tattoos on her body.
Class: Fighter 5 (Eldritch Knight)
Book Details: Marius was drinking upon his sorrows in local tavern when a merchant joined him for few drinks. Merchant was compassionate man who wondered reason why Marius was deep in his cups but he refused to tell, but the man however left a tome on table. For free because he was over the stock and Marius seemed a man who needed cheering up. Marius curiously took the tome and it described a valorous young woman's adventures, adventures where she saved damsels (and spend night with them) and also spend nights with other mighty figures and was confident, wise and independent. She was even captured once by drow who tried torture and break her, but in end her own willpower and prowess along with intelligence she outsmarted her captors (ravaged a drow matriarch) and then made her escape! The details of her adventures were quite arousing to read, the way how she as female took control of situations was admirable but also interesting and Marius sort fantasized to be like her....before alcohol and drowsiness he passed out in his room.....but when he woke up he would be in quite a surprise.
Favored Kink: Marius has always been dominant/aggressive, but he fantasized most femdom as the female figure in the book and he found it quite arousing. Turn tables around on men, women and monsters alike. Also break stereotype of shining knight in shiny armor not being a male but rather female.
Player offs: Scat, Vore, Gore, Maiming/Mutilation, MxM
Sheet Link: Marius/Marie Mandaren

Marius Mandaren was born to Cormyrian knight, early his life training and trained to become a knight like his father. However fate intervened when his father in doing his duty angered a red wizard who then send his agents to their house and burned it down after murdering his father, he was spared only because intervention of a harper, a woman who had spied said wizard for long while. The woman was Dove Falconhand. She recruited him, he helped her defeat the wizard's thugs while Dove focused on wizard and managed defeat him.

Since then he decided he instead becoming a knight of one country, he becomes a wandering knight who protests all countries from darkness. A calling of Myth Drannor Knight. Dove knighted him and educated him on magic, as she saw he had aptitude and sharp mind for it. He eagerly learned the magic and mixed it with his martial prowess. Along his initiation there was other knights and they founded a group, a band of adventurers. He grew close to them and he took mantle of a leader and they had many success against Zhentarim raids upon Dalelands. He grew cocky and bit arrogant with growing success and it made him blind for never underestimating his enemy, which he did on one battle where enemy had laid down alchemical clay mines which shred immediately his barbarian...who was quickly animated into undead abomination by cleric of Cyric who was leader! Then his sorcerer ally was felled on arrows and he narrowly managed escape the ambush alive, leaving behind his injured or dead allies and the event haunted his mind and led him in shame drink in tavern. Given up basically on living and doing what he swore to do. He felt he had failed his mentor for getting others knights killed because he had been reckless in leading them into battle, too confident on himself and his friends.

He wandered taverns and bars until in Baldur's Gate hiding behind mug merchant came....and his life took quite twisted turn.

ZameRagues

Deva
You're welcome to share a book if you have one you like. Outside ideas are always helpful.

It can be mix of optimizing for the solo game and playing just something fun or different.

Phaia
Your sheet looks good Phaia, only hiccup is Jack of All Trade doesn't apply to Saving Throws. I even double checked a few different sources. Glad to see a more dedicated caster though as well as seeing someone claim to be royalty, very happy.

Zaer
Your sheet also looks good

Everyone
I will have the starting thread up soon for everyone to begin.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Phaia

hmmm I had thought it JoT did apply? I know it has been said that JoT applies to initiative. My bad I will make the change!

I thought a princess even one that is shunned by her father, a full elf, would be a cool touch. After all who doesn't want to see a sexy princess naked and being ravaged hmm?  O:) :P :P

Phaia

ZameRagues

No worries, I was unsure when I saw it so I looked it up to be sure.

I was secretly hoping someone would just say that they were a queen or high noblewoman, just something that is usually forbidden from being a player's character in other people's DnD games. Your princess does paint a pretty target.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

Well, in Cormyr being a knight is nobility (minor but still nobility). Anyways I otherwise agree that ravaged elven princess is very tempting target  >:). Also do note that Bard's Jack of All Trades does apply to initiative.

ZameRagues

Not questioning the initiative part, the ability says so, I questioned if Saving throws applied as ability checks.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ZameRagues on March 14, 2018, 11:08:25 AM
Not questioning the initiative part, the ability says so, I questioned if Saving throws applied as ability checks.

Well, to quote pg7 on player's book;

Ability checks, attack rolls, and saving throws are the three main kinds of d20 rolls, forming the core of the rules of the game.

So, jack of all trades boost ability checks but not saving throws which are their own type of roll type (and thus skill checks = ability checks and thus fit under jack of all trades purpose boosting skill checks on bard).

Chulanowa

Wow, I finally have a day I can sit and think about a character. Hopefully have something together by this evening!

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Phaia

Quote from: ZameRagues on March 14, 2018, 10:39:28 AM

I was secretly hoping someone would just say that they were a queen or high noblewoman, just something that is usually forbidden from being a player's character in other people's DnD games. Your princess does paint a pretty target.

Will Tandi get something nice for making your secret desire a reality?  ;) ;)

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 14, 2018, 11:06:03 AM
Well, in Cormyr being a knight is nobility (minor but still nobility). Anyways I otherwise agree that ravaged elven princess is very tempting target  >:)

Zaer. Tandi is half-elf which is why she is not at her grandfarther's, the king, Court. Elves can be a bit snobbish about that sort of thing in a royal court  ;) ;)

Phaia

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, my bad. I assumed your char elf as you spoke about elf princess being ravished :P. But now realize you meant her father was full elf. But half-elf princess is fine too  ;D

ZameRagues

Phaia
Unfortunately you didn't hit my favored kinks, so sadly no, nothing special for you. Least nothing that I can't offer the others.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

vin26m

Please let me know if I need anything else.  Thanks!

Name: Sonja

Age/Height/Weight: 18 years old, 6'0", 160 lbs.

Class: Barbarian (Totem)

Desired Gear for 3rd/4th level: Battleaxe, shield, spear, javelins, backpack, ball bearings (bag of 1,000), bedroll, grappling hook, hammer, mess kit, piton (10), rations (10), rope, hempen (50 feet), thieves' tools, tinderbox, waterskin

Book Details:  When a cloaked figure left his horse and cart unattended, Sonja took advantage of the opportunity and stole what she could before he returned.  Among the booty she claimed was a book.  After she tossed it, it opened up to a random page of a young redheaded woman who was defeated in combat and claimed by the victor.  Intrigued by the image, Sonja kept the book and read it cover to cover.  The main character was tied down, stripped, used by the man who defeated her, then passed around to his friends.  It reminded her of her own experience in the past year, and the memory aroused her immensely.  After having several orgasms, she fell into a deep sleep, but woke up in a different place.

Favored Kink: Force, bondage, exhibitionism, impact play, rough sex, multiple partners.

Player offs: Keep it non-extreme

Sheet Link: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1524186

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

ZameRagues

I apologize for missing this before. Your Mage Armor spell, I know you get this from your Magic Initiate Feat, but Mage armor doesn't stack with the Barbarian's Unarmored Defense as they both change how you calculate AC rather than adding a modifier.

Sage Advice on AC
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os