Under New Management (Modern mob/hitman inspired sandbox game)

Started by RampantDesires, February 10, 2015, 01:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

I'm trying my best to avoid the generic action girl trope (Aka. "I'm super skinny and look like I should be in the next issue of playboy, but I can still lift cars like it was matchboxes" or something along those lines), but the internet is making it damn hard to do so, since "Athletic" apparently translates to "bodybuilder" when using Google. I wonder if *pfft* Bing can *Bahahahahaha* do any better! *Dies*
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

RampantDesires

Eh I've pretty much come to grips with the fact that 99% of group game characters are young and attractive regardless of their background or current job.  It's the nature of fantasy and role playing me thinks :)

Best of luck with your search though.  Resorting to Bing? Things must be dire indeed! 

Sadly Rampant has one more night of work this week.  Boo and double hiss.  I haven't gotten things as settled as I'd like (though I did catch up on PMs here, thanks for being patient with me!).  Will put up a game OOC thread so y'all can start chatting there, but game IC threads and even the Informational/Character Roster stuff will likely have to wait until I get home tonight (and I rather happily have the next two days off to make sure that things DO in fact get done in a timely manner).  Sorry for the inconvenience!

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Nico

Lynnette

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 11, 2015, 03:30:06 PM
Eh I've pretty much come to grips with the fact that 99% of group game characters are young and attractive regardless of their background or current job.  It's the nature of fantasy and role playing me thinks :)

Yeah, I know, I've more or less given up as well. However, I like to try. Granted, when athletic defines as either bodybuilder or anorexic according to google, it's hard. I'll probably just go with some other pictures I found earlier and just act like nothing.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Bibliophilia

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Bibliophilia on February 11, 2015, 03:38:32 PM
Oooo!  I like the idea of Hayden as a hitman.

Woo! It's just that unassuming thing about her that I like, when really she's pretty darn dangerous.

Also, completely unrelated, I love your avatar.

- Rainbow ♥

Bibliophilia

RampantDesires

Alrighty  OOC thread be up

She'll always be the cheerleader who needs to be saved to me, but agreed Hayden would make a great playby :) 

Please feel free to keep characters coming in.  Will hopefully get some of the other threads up tonight after work and we can start writing ICly within the next day or so. 

Oh and because someone asked I'm going to ask that we stick to a two characters per player limit for the time being.  This might increase later down the road once we see how pacing and what not works out.  But for now, two it is!

And Nic, yes! You should totally come play with us!

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Nico

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 11, 2015, 03:52:16 PM

And Nic, yes! You should totally come play with us!
I might. No promisses, though. But the whole mafia thing is just up my alley.

Juggtacular

RampantDesires

Name: Vittoria "Tori"  DeMarco
Title/Status: Hotel Employee, Front Desk
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 117
Hair: Brown, wavy
Eyes: Brown
Physical Description: Like many short women heels are her best friend be they paired with jeans and a t-shirt or a simple business dress for work. 
Model = Emmy Rossum
Additional Images

History:  Everyone who knew Tori's father would tell you that he was a good man ... unfortunately good men don't always live very long.  When the Acardi mafia family was dismantled in the beginning of 2001 few were spared.  They'd grown overly ambitious and irreverent, an example had to be made.  Edmund DeMarco was just an enforcer.  He didn't have the leverage to save himself from the bloodshed that ensued, but he DID make arrangements for his eight year old daughter.

To this day she still doesn't know the exact terms of that agreement, just that his last thoughts had been of her and that he wanted her to be 'taken care of'.  His body was still cooling when they showed up at her door, a few low words dismissing the neighbor who'd been paid to stay in and watch her that night. There was a childish (but rather justified in her mind) tantrum of "I want to see my father!" and "I'm not going!" but in the end some people just can't be argued with.

What followed was a unique series of foster homes.  There was no social worker popping in to check on her progress, well unless social workers were suddenly wearing three thousand dollar suits and keen on making sure that you knew how to defend yourself from the surprising number of bullies at the new private catholic school you found yourself going to.   

She didn't actually get to visit The Continental until she was eleven.  It was by far the fanciest lunch of her young life and such trips soon  became a much coveted reward for a job well done.  These initial trips occasionally ... discomforted the guests who weren't exactly used to being around kids who asked seemingly innocent but probing questions (though she balked strenuously at that description.  Hello, age in double digits here!). 

Throughout high school her time at the hotel increased so that by the time college rolled around she was practically living there. Her benefactors kindly offered to bankroll a degree at NYU, the sky was a limit.  She could be a doctor, study Egyptian art, whatever caught her fancy.  Instead she politely declined and went  to get a B.S. in Hotel and Tourism Management from Tisch Center for Hospitality and Tourism.  The Continental was the only place that she really felt at home, safe, settled.  Why would she ever want to leave? 

Upon completing her degree she became front desk manager (more due to good timing than the degree, which let's face it, isn't all that helpful).  She now shares a room with Sadie and although the two quickly became friends they rarely if ever talk about their pasts or the very different paths that brought them there to work at the hotel.

Skills: Multitasking, managing to always smile politely and be pleasant regardless of circumstance, basic self defense

Personality/Motivations: Calm. Tori is rather good at internalizing things.  She rarely looks excessively happy, shocked, or angry.  Loyal.  Regardless of how it happened The Continental has become her home and she does everything in her power to make sure that things there run smoothly.

Likes (non sexual): Anything peanut butter (seriously just a jar and spoon is fine, spoon optional), snow, sunbathing with Sadie and the novelty of 'girl time',  being able to organize things, concerts of all shapes and sizes (people watching is definitely a hobby, add music to the mix and it's even better!).

Dislikes (non-sexual): Pollen in the spring especially (plants why you try to kill people?), designer dogs, treadmills (and gyms in general, running outside is much more fun regardless of weather), thinking about the future.

Sexual Preference: 85% Hetero with the occasional "hot damn women are soft and smell amazing I wonder if.." moments.

Turn Ons : Hands, they are one of the first things she notices in the opposite sex, and with the number of strong capable hands that come through the hotel she's been rather twiterpated on a number of occasions (not that it usually shows much outwardly, coming on to guests is not in her job description). Flirting with the forbidden.  Being told no or knowing that someone is 'entirely unsuitable' for her just makes her fixate harder. She's never actually dated or been with someone who could be a guest in the hotel, but oh GOD the day dreams (and night ones for that matter!).

Turn Offs: Anything above light bondage (at least in theory, Tori's fairly inexperienced and she could be guided into some of the more extreme areas by the right partner), bragging (if you have to SAY you're a badass then you really aren't and no one is impressed). General Rampant Offs of beastiality, bathroom play, ect all apply)  Please look through my O/O's if there's any question. 

RP Thoughts/Plans:  I see Tori as being viewed as almost a kid sister for those who've been around watching her grow up.  She's been rather sheltered and might be looking for a few chances to rebel a bit and misbehave, but all in all she's rather happy with her life and doesn't want to rock the boat too much.  As the hotel's front desk manager she's there helping guests check in and out as well as serving as a point of contact for most requests/complaints and what have you.

Open to - Friendships.  I'm hoping that she gets along well with most of the staff but ... Enemies - Feel free to just not like her or her face for some reason or another :P Possible romantic/sexual encounters - Every catholic girl has to grow up at some point.

Lynnette

Ugh, looking for images of a playboy model with clothes on is like searching for a fuck to give.

Spoiler: The fuck does exist somewhere, it's just absolutely impossible to find.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Loves

I am working on my character sheet for the nurse.   I would like to put a faceclaim in for Minka Kelly, please and thank you.   I am still deciding if I will make a second character, so for now.... just the nurse.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Aiden

With someone showing interest in the cleaner role, I will take up the Enforcer for the club. More fun that way. =D

I will contact you at some point Rampant, so we can hammer out details and past. Since I see him as being there for quite some time.

Loves

Name: Sadie Lynn Cummings

Title/Status: Nurse

Height: 5’5”

Weight: 123 lbs (35-24-36)

Hair: Long dark hair with natural light brown highlights, naturally wavy, falling her lower back

Eyes: Impossibly dark brown eyes

Physical Description: Model = Minka Kelly

History:

Sadie is the younger of two children. Her parents were both killed in an unfortunate car accident, struck by a driver that had fallen asleep behind the wheel, leaving the two siblings to take care of each other. Her brother Zack, despite being the oldest, did very little of the caring. He had always been trouble, and with the death of their parents, had gotten worse. Without their father to keep Zack in check, he soon became deeper and deeper in debt to the wrong people. Heavily in debt, Zack came to his sister for help, having no place to go.

His secrets spilled, Sadie was positive she could strike a deal with her brothers creditors. She had no idea who she was dealing with, and ended up forever changing her life after one meeting, over coffee and a slice of pie.  She now belonged to the same man that her brother owed his debt to. In order to save Zack’s neck, Sadie agreed to remain at the hotel and work as a nurse, assisting the doctor with medical procedures that were best left out of the system. 

As for Zack, he was put to work that eventually had him arrested and sent to prison. However, Sadie was trapped, regardless, as she was told if she left, or said a word about what went on within the hotel, that her brother would never see his next birthday. Being in prison did not keep him safe from the powerful influential man that had stolen Sadie’s freedom.

Now living at the hotel, Sadie shares a room with Vittoria (Tori) DeMarco, and Sadie’s cat “Mr. Whiskers”.  Sadie and Tori met the first day of Sadie’s forced career, instantly striking up an easy friendship. They grew closer, with Sadie opening up to her about her fears for Zack and the secret crush she had formed on Doctor Chase Huntington. Tori is the one person that Sadie trusts completely, and the sister that Sadie had always longed for.

Skills: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, skilled in the ER, and able to do minor procedures such as stitches, reset bones, set casts, and other such medical emergency procedures.  She also plays the piano and can pick a lock (her brother taught her).

Personality/Motivations: Sadie is all about family. She truly cares for not only her brother, but in people in general. She rarely is without a smile, and enjoys spending time with children.  She had thought once that she might be a pediatrician, however with the death of her parents, that dream became impossible. Looking after Zack had become a fulltime job. 

She would like to have a normal life, but fears that her “sentence” for her brother’s sins will never end, causing the dream of a minivan, and a house with a white picket fence to burn. If she could find away to get out of the trap she has fallen in, and keep her brother safe, then she would take it…

at least she thought that she would.

But that was before bonding with Tori, and falling for the troubled, but handsome Doctor. And so, sticking around to make sure that Chase stays out of trouble, and Tori always has a friend to turn to might be with silver lining that Sadie needs to keep that smile on her pretty face.

Likes (non sexual): Her kitten, strawberries dipped in chocolate, champagne, sappy romantic movies, helping people, children, daydreaming, vanilla ice cream, and sunbathing on the roof of the hotel.

Dislikes (non-sexual): Being forced to do things she would rather not. Worrying about Zack, feeling trapped, enclosed spaces, drunks, rats, nightmares and horror movies.

Sexual Preference: Heteral Sexual

Turn Ons : Dr. Chase Huntington… mmmmmmm, strong willed men who make her tremble,  men in suits, and a kind smile.  Other physical turn ons for Sadie are things such as, nibbling on her ear, the smell of expensive cologne, the sound of rain tapping against her window (she doesn’t know why it gets her, but oh boy does it get her!) and the danger of being “caught” in the act.

Turn Offs: A man that needs to have more than one woman at a time. Abusive behavior, a heavy smoker, drunks, and weak men who wish to be dominated. Other things that turn her off are strange or unusual requests that she deems as too kinky… bathroom behavior should remain private, there is nothing attractive about it.

RP Thoughts/Plans: I see Sadie as someone that is easy to get along with, and pretty much liked by those that she comes into contact with. Some might view her as pathetic, since she gave up her life in order to try and save her brother. Others might find it a brave and commendable act of selflessness. I am open to all kinds of connections, friendships, enemies, lovers… Looking forward to writing with you all and watching Sadie flourish and grow in the game.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Swashbuckler

Name: Chase Warren Huntington III
Title/Status: Doctor
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 195
Hair: Brown
Eyes:  Green
Physical Description: Model = Sean O'Pry
History:

Chase Warren Huntington III grew up a disgustingly privileged life bouncing between his fathers home in the Hampton's, where his Anglo good looks and seemingly inborn smugness carried him well, and his mothers equally lavish home on Martha's Vineyard.    Chase did not really remember when his parents got divorced, officially that its, because they had always been cool and distant to each other his whole life.  At least they started living in separate houses when he was 10, so he figured it had to be around then.   His father a prominent banker and his mother a socialite (before it came to mean slut), Chase grew up even after the divorce with a large chip on his shoulder and nothing in the way of plans to work hard at all.  Even living between parents, Chase had an easy childhood, and since he came from some very old money, had no problem securing a spot at Yale and then Yale Medical with only decent grades. 

Luckily for Chase, he found a real calling once he started medical school and for the first time in his privileged life, he applied himself to something fully.  Graduating near the top of his class, Chase had no trouble getting a job at a top hospital in NYC (it only took a few pulled strings too!).  Once there, Chase started to make some real money of his own, not that the trust fund baby needed it much, but also started to get into some real trouble.

It started with harmless little sports bets here and there, then it progressed to long, underground poker games, and pretty soon things got out of control.  Before he even had a chance to think of getting himself out,  Chase had gotten himself in way too deep with all the wrong people.  Indeed, if he had not proven himself a very capable surgeon coincidentally when one of the "family" was brought into the ER with multiple gun shots, there is little doubt that he would now be enjoying some new living arrangements at the bottom of the East River.  Ironically, Chase debts were nothing his family money would have trouble clearing, but there was no way he could get to it without his parents finding out and subsequently cutting him out for good.  And who would risk millions for a hundred grand?

So it was that Chase took the offer that the 'family' gave him.   Put the hospital and his career behind him and work exclusively for them at their hotel.  It wasn't hard work, if a little stressful since the malpractice would be a bullet to the head, but it allowed him to start clearing his debt.   Now he just had to be sure not to relapse...

Skills: Chase was nearly head of his class at Yale Medical.  While not having enough time to select and finish a specialty, he is well versed in a wide variety of medical procedures, and in the course of his new life has become practically an expert in traumas.

Personality/Motivations:  Chase is not a bad person, although his upbringing has given him an entitled and slightly arrogant air.  Humbled recently by his troubles, he tends to float between a wry sense of humor, and a narcissistic jackass.  Chase is always kind to a patient, even if they are an ass themself.   A womanizer when he was in college and working in the hospital, Chase worked his way (twice) through the nurses, although since he has started this new 'chapter' he has put that behind him and kept to himself, afraid to let anyone get close.  Although if they were going to have a nurse, thank god that found a stunning one.   Also, although he has been clean for a while, he gets very twitchy around any kind of betting or gambling, and is still obviously struggling with that demon.

Likes (non sexual): A good bourbon, a sensual woman, the feel of silk stockings under his hands, brunette nurses, a brisk autumn day, dogs of all sorts

Dislikes (non-sexual): Bimbos, new money trying to act like old, fast food, public transportation

Sexual Preference: The ladies

Turn Ons : long legs, a woman biting her lip, a fiery woman, the feel of a woman's long hair dragging down his body, teasing

Turn Offs: insecurity, immaturity, gold digging

RP Thoughts/Plans:  I would like to play a balance of Chase trying to get out of his predicament, and succumbing to his demons and slipping deeper

CurvyKitten

Peeks~ Ohh....I just watched this movie last night actually. Color me interested!

CurvyKitten

Name: Elena Danovich aka the Diamond Killer, aka
Domina Mortis,
Title/Status: Assassin / Unaffiliated but respected
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 127 lbs.
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Hazel
Physical Description: Elena has a sense of grace and nobility that flows through all of her movements. It is clear why she was always able to draw the eye of both men and woman. Her dark hair framing her lovely features, her well toned frame still outlined with the soft supple curves of a beautiful woman.

She does have a few scars, A scar along her right ribcage that gives hints to a nearly fatal blow. A scar that runs along the left side of her neck, it seems someone tried to cut her throat once. And a short scar along her back that looks almost surgical if one has the knowledge to identify it.
Model = Kate Beckinsale
More pics

The necklace she always wears.

History:
When you first looked at Elena's family one would think they were simply a well off and happy family unit, normal and simply wanting to be happy. But what most would not know is that both of Elena's parents were retired assassins. They chose to leave the life behind when Elena came into the picture. They sought to make this a fresh start with their beautiful baby girl. And for 10 years that is exactly what they had. On Elena's 10th birthday her whole world fell apart, and the road to the woman she became was laid before her.

Her parents had been the part of a well known group called The 13 Diamonds, getting their name (and call signs) from the suit from a deck of cards. The new head (Ace of Diamonds) of the group was in fact Elena's uncle, and in his mind her parents were a threat. In truth he simply hated his brother and wanted to destroy everything he had. The people that they had once called friends now began to turn against them, turning Elena's birthday in a day of war...and death.

Both her parents were murdered that day; Elena barely surviving was taken that day by the 2 of Diamonds. The small girl could have broken that day, but instead she simply became filled with a hatred and need for vengeance that shaken the most certain of foes. Her first kill came a few days later; the 2 of Diamonds enjoyed young girls and thought Elena a prize. That was until the small girl slit his throat in the bloody beginning to a very hard life.

Elena had one lucky moment when an old friend (Price) came for her. Finding out what happened he came to try and find a safe place for the young girl. But what he found was so far from the little girl he once knew that there was no way Elena could go to a normal home. So Price took the girl in and taught her what he could. If she was dead set on taking vengeance, then she would have to be ready for it.

From there on out Elena's world revolved around learning, training...and killing. Each year on her birthday (and anniversary of her parent’s death) she would kill one of the 13 Diamonds. Working her way slowly up line, each year spent healing, training, and learning about her next target. She used some old files her father had kept, learning about each mark. Each of them dying in a different way, one by fire, one by poison, another by sniper. Each kill making her stronger and adding to her skills. But each kill also took a small part of her humanity and gentle light. The once sweet girl becoming the heartless killer she was so dead set on hunting.

The King of Diamonds proved to be a difficult mark. Nearly taking her life before Elena could finish her off. In the end Elena was barely able to walk much less continue her hunt. It took five years for her to become whole again, but with each passing year Elena sent a gift to the Ace of Diamonds. Making sure her uncle knew that his time was coming, driving him insane as she worked to become strong enough to destroy him. And in the end that was exactly what she did. At 28 the final Diamond fell. But with no one left on her list Elena was left with no purpose in life. So she continued to do the only thing she knew...kill. Now known within that dark world by different names, each one commanding a great deal of respect
Skills:
Her skills very greatly, years spent learning to combat the 13 diamonds. Each one proving to have its own unique skill set she had to deal with. Having to evolve with each encounter, she learned something new with each one. Her skills include, marksmanship, poisons, pressure points, a collection of fighting styles(her styles centering around ones that favor her physical attributes), and driving pretty much anything. Her greatest weapon though has and always will be her mind and unrelentingly will. All of which has been worked on and since she was 10. (25 years of training and learning and still she knows there is always more to learn)

Personality/Motivations: Most know Elena by reputation alone, and those that know her never share what they know. Knowing that it would most likely be the last they thing the speak off. She is cold and calculating in most moments of her life. Emotions brimming beneath a frozen exterior, the walls build after years of being driven by unrelenting revenge. In the end Elena has become the very thing she once hunter.

Beneath the surface and unforgiving will Elena is a passionate and driven woman. She does not shy away from what she wants. Taking lovers as she pleases but never getting attached, she leaves most (or sends most away) by the time morning comes around.

Likes (non sexual): Music, old movies, cars and motorcycles, ice cream, history, the beach, good wine, art, a finely crafted weapon,
Dislikes (non-sexual): Ego maniacs, cocky ass hats, Being told she can't, Traitors, men who leave her wanting, people that think they can control her, sloppy kills,
Sexual Preference: Straight
Turn Ons : power play, passion, kissing, hair pulling, spanking, exhibitionism, biting, bondage, not stopping till utterly satisfied (and really felt something)
Turn Offs: bathroom play, vore, mutilation, humiliation(respect players offs please)

RP Thoughts/Plans: 
Elena may come off as cold and uninterested, but she has her passions. She enjoys the arts, fine wines and food, dancing (classic styles), and oddly enough old movies and ice cream shops.

I am open to all sorts of links, rivals, enemies, lovers, people she goes to for need skills or items, please feel free to poke me.

I am excited to play this concept as it comes from a short story I wrote years ago. This will be after the story ended, and I can't wait to see how the character begins to change or evolve. Does she ever really connect with someone? Does she learn knew skills? Does she break eve further and become a senseless killer? I am so excited to see what her story will become.

RampantDesires

Sadie and Chase get the thumbs up as well!

Aiden I look forward to the chattings.  I'm still lining up some storyline but lets just say there's going to be more than enough to keep him busy!

Yay more interested people :D  I can't tell you all how floored I am by your response and I very much look forward to getting this off the ground.

Speaking of which.  Game OOC  Seriously.  Masturbation is enjoyable but I fear I've been playing with myself for too long... (it is also possible I'm incredibly hyped up on sugar and caffeine right now and am more than a little silly...)

Loves

Yay for Sadie!!

ON HIATUS AGAIN

RampantDesires

*check marks Elena's approved box*

That sounded less dirty in my head O.o

Going to go through and edit the "looking for" positions to reflect current needs.  Then get the game info and characters thread up.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 12, 2015, 12:59:00 AM
*check marks Elena's approved box*

That sounded less dirty in my head O.o

Going to go through and edit the "looking for" positions to reflect current needs.  Then get the game info and characters thread up.

YAAY! Thank you!