D&D 3.5e group recruitment //full\\

Started by Combicon, December 24, 2008, 06:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Don't have it. I have lots of basic books and the Forgotten Realms setting for 3.X but I usually don't play rogues so ...

Tonalberry

You should look into it.  It's not just for rogues, it covers ideas for scoundrels of all classes and alignments.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, scoundrel clerics, scoundrel paladins, scoundrel druids etc. All suited for urban adventures and roles of scheamers, con-artists and tricksters for all classes.

RubySlippers

Come on guys I just need one web spot with lots of rogues gear and descriptions on it, not a whole book.  :-\

goalt

So, hey. Back now, and ready to write. Woo!
O&O

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 29, 2008, 06:39:53 AM
Aye, scoundrel clerics, scoundrel paladins, scoundrel druids etc. All suited for urban adventures and roles of scheamers, con-artists and tricksters for all classes.

Scoundrel paladins? *blinks*
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

goalt

Would work for the Chaotic Good variant.
O&O

Tonalberry

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 29, 2008, 10:02:05 AM
Scoundrel paladins? *blinks*

Batman.  Well, lawful good scoundrel, not paladin.  But yeah, Batman is an example listed under the lawful good scoundrels

goalt

Remember, Lawful applies to a code of some sort, not necessarily the law. So, a Lawful scoundrel could just  have an honor code or follow the rules of an organization or something.
O&O

HairyHeretic

Hmm. Sounds a bit dubious to me, but .. *shrugs* Maybe they've just changed the definitions around since the last time I played.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, but I call paladin scoundrels 'batman' although I thinked him more as lawful neutral type of character. But one good example for scoundrel paladin could be paladin who wears masks while he fights against criminals who rule the city and acts with deception to serve justice (he is not lying, just covering his identity for his safety and continuing his work for good and believes on righteous law).

There is even PrC called 'grey knight' who is paladin who retains all paladin powers but is no longer bound to all specifics of paladin oath (and can play very dirty vs evil, like take hostages from mafia boss family members who he cares about and threatens their life in return mafia boss giving himself in).

HairyHeretic

In that case he is serving good, but not law. Neutral or Chaotic Good would be how I'd view that character, not Lawful Good. A lawful good character obeys the law because it is the law.

All just IMO, naturally.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

goalt

Quote from: The SRDA lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished.
O&O

Zaer Darkwail

With above quote it means if law would make mafia boss go unpunished (like it often does in present society) then lawful good person would seek 'perform' justice because he is good person. Or simply seeks justice system where the evil GETS punished.

So, paladin is not blindly following law because then he would not do 'good' but if he does good without law or code to it then he is not doing it 'lawfully'.

Batman would quite well suit to this idea of scoundrel paladin if paladin code is mere code HOW paladin performs justice and that he leaves judging of crimes to other folks (so he is not avatar of rightful vengeance what CG guys would be).

Tulkas

Fragile Dreams

uummm, I don't know if this is a conversation about paladins and stuff but i was wondering. Are we going to play this or not?

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

RubySlippers

LOL

Good point I have to finish my rogue and get her posted.

Combicon

I think we're waiting on a couple more people, goalt said that we were waiting on another person.
If they haven't finished, we're starting soon, I've done everything I needs to do, I think.

I couldn't see anything too bad with everyones character sheets, a few people left out minute details, which aren't really important at the moment and probably can be solved on the day, mostly stuff like touch AC or flat footed AC.

But Ruby, I must say, the appearence of your character stunned me for a few moments, she is very beautiful. ;D
And she has a skill in housewifery? O: She is amazing. :P

Aand I would set a deadline, which would be Friday for everyones sheets to be in (sheesh, I haven't started back at school and my teachers have infected me. D: ) if not, we'll go with what we've got, and the rest can catch up. :P
However, I wasn't sure if that was too far away or not.

The American Patriot

HI everyone,

i was wondering if anyone be able to assist me in coming up with a gear list for my character?
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

goalt

Mundane stuff.As much as you c an get in various variety. My mage will then MacGuyver with it.  ;D
O&O

Combicon

I pm'd you a link awhile ago d20srd or something like that.
I think that has all the gear.

RubySlippers

Well in most middle ages and later cultures housewifing WAS a profession, in early America girls apprenticed at that just like boys in other trades. So figure an average healthy girl would at least be aquainted with the skills of housewifing. Don't expect rocket science though she can manage a house, cook, mend clothes and the like but is not a "professional" if anything JOAT based rogues learn lots of professions I had one character who survived to retirement that knew 38 Professions at at 1 Rank! You never know when a skill like Cobbler or Fisherman can come in handy ... or one I actually did use when infiltrating a theater called Stagehand to find a serial murderer.

Crafts are also as important.

And yes I like the picture as well but she is rather striking uits her ONE real strong point. And I did roll in order so its all legit.
;D

The American Patriot

Ok, he's got 280gp. he's got his basic supplies, i just haven't been able to decide on what he should have to help the rest of the party...
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

goalt

As much variety of... stuff as you can get, I'd say.

Oh, and RubySlippers, good thing you like f/f, because that rogue might well draw the attention of my mage. XD
O&O

The American Patriot

The rogue and mage might also gain the attentions of a wealthy noble who's out getting the expereince needed for later in his career when he becomes a Baron! Who knows, they might end up being asked tobecome his advisors when he assumes the title as Baron!