Interest Check/Recruitment Thread For A Star wars Saga edition game on Zeltros.

Started by Marie Reynolds, February 12, 2016, 04:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyr4n02r

Jizz-box

No,
seriously

And, Jizz is a style of music which adds focus to a reeded woodwind instrument, something that you *ehem* blow…

Thanks, Wookiepedia!

Now, what was I originally looking up?…

EDIT: That's whats being played at the Mos Esley Cantina… Info found here...
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Anyword from the DM? Players? Star times? Is this game happening? Who's playing? Is Marie Dming or someone else?
God's had his coffee, all's right in the world.

I have an F-list!

Marie Reynolds

Sorry the weekends are my busiest times. the price of working at a miniatures game store. Yes I will be running the game.  Also have some interviews I am preparing for  So i hope to have everyone Stuff read soon. The posting rate will be once  a week.

Jayna

Hello all!

I have been talking to M.R and am going to be joining you all if this looks alright!

Melina Kalen

Denimgiant

Um, I'm sure it'll be fine! Your google docs sheet is private though

@MR Also a little unsure what you mean by posting rate. Does that mean we're limited to one post a week maximum? or minimum?

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Ah yea, so it wasn't just me with a problem reading the google sheet. I just thought it was because I was on mobile when I tried.

Welcome Jayna!

Since the subject came up, what is everyone's schedule? Mine is MIA on Mondays, sometimes Sundays as well. For the most part, though, I'll be on my phone for OOC and updates.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Denimgiant

Quote from: Muse on February 22, 2016, 02:21:34 AM
I think M.R. means that he'll post once a week. 

Ah understood! Thanks for the (possible) clarification! :)

Jayna your character looks great! Melina looks like she'll be a great addition to the party! Nobles are super useful but rarely played! Glad to see we have a medic who can do more than my measly +6 to Treat Injury. And I could kiss you for taking the talent that lets you buy stuff without licenses.

Also those Persuasion and Deception scores *drools* you're definitely talking to other people when we need something! XD

Edit: Oh yeah schedules. Okay so the times I'm not at my computer are Mon-Thurs 8:30AM -4PM (PST) I am also busy Sat from 8AM-11:30AM (PST) As well as really late into the night. (Midnight onwards)
Other than those times, I'm usually on my computer and have this site open on a tab. So if we all want to be on at the same time for mass postings, I can do time's outside of those.

So to the party, I'm gonna  take my trained skill out of Treat Injury and shove it back into Pilot. That way we have two people who can operate vehicles (including tyr's character and myself) just in case we get more than one ship. (Or one person on the ship, another on ground vehicle?) Or I could do use computer (but don't want to butt in on Muse's thing. Or stealth (but I'm not really doing stealthy things.)

I have an F-list!

Marie Reynolds

Sorry for the lack of clarity, once a week is the maximum for players and yes i will be posting once a week. I want this to have a steady yet casual pace. Welcome  Jayna, I will be looking at sheets today for final approval. Then I will Kick it off tomorrow and will always post on Tuesday which will give you till the following Monday to post. So you still have a full 7 days to post from when I do.

Marie Reynolds

@  All: Please read the first post by me to see your acceptance status.
@ Andyz: The  Neutronium and the disc blade proficiency swap have been approved.

Jayna

Thanks everyone if you have any suggestions for her let me know! I will try and have my history up tonight after work.

As far as schedule I am currently a waitress/bartender so evenings I am usually working and I usually work all day Saturday. So I will usual reply after about 10pm central most nights or during the day.

tyr4n02r

Ok, Jayna, everything looks clear except maybe one thing (someone double-check me, again new to this system specifically.)

I THINK you have too many Feats. You currently have listed 7. I'm trying to count them as accurately:
From Noble class: "Linguist", "Weapon Proficiency: Pistols", "Weapon Proficiency: Simple Weapons"
From Human: +1
From 2nd level: +1
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Jayna

Quote from: tyr4n02r on February 22, 2016, 03:22:13 PM
Ok, Jayna, everything looks clear except maybe one thing (someone double-check me, again new to this system specifically.)

I THINK you have too many Feats. You currently have listed 7. I'm trying to count them as accurately:
From Noble class: "Linguist", "Weapon Proficiency: Pistols", "Weapon Proficiency: Simple Weapons"
From Human: +1
From 2nd level: +1
]

I will double check a little later. Muse helped and double checked everything I did. But it's possible we missed something.

Denimgiant

Noble: Linguist, Proficiency - Pistols, Proficiency - Simple
Human -1 feat (racial)
1st level - 1 feat
2nd level - 1 feat (Bonus from class)
3rd level -1 feat

This would mean a total of 7 feats maximum including ones from class (requirements for linguist have been met so she does get that one.) All of the feats she took beyond her class ones are even all on her class' bonus feat list. Looks good to me.

Also Tyr, took a look at your character sheet (since you mentioned unfamiliarity with the system.) So concerning talents there was a needed fix. You took two levels in Scout and one in Scoundrel. That means in Scout, you get the Defense Bonuses, the starting Feats, and a talent from the Scout trees. Your second level in Scout means you get a bonus feat from the Scout bonus feat list (page 50.) Then you took a level in Scoundrel. This gives you the Scoundrel Defense Bonuses (only using the better numbers, not stacking with the bonuses from Scout), the Scoundrel Starting Feats and a single talent to be picked from the Scoundrel talent trees. You took two talents from the Scout trees. When a class give you a talent, you have to select it from the class whose level gave you the talent. So if you took your 4th level overall in Scout, you'd get the 3rd level Scout talent that could be taken from any of the Scout, but not Scoundrel trees.

And for feats you put down your 2nd level bonus feat (from your 2nd level of Scout) was Precise Shot from Scoundrel. You may want to change that to from Scout, unless your 2nd level was in Scondrel and not Scout. Which you should correct on your sheet if that's the case. If still Scout 2/Scoundrel 1, then just change it to show from Scout, it's on both the bonus feat lists so no problem except for labeling.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Yes I did L1 Scout -> L2 Scoundrel -> L3 Scout. Is that how I would write it on the sheet? I'd just assumed it was written the same. (and I marked it as such on my sheet at the Feats Section.)

Also, I get two more feats? AWESOME, now I goat go look at them again but whatever I'll do that later.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Ok so there's a difference between class levels and character level. Class levels is how many levels in a class you took. Character level is the combination of all the levels you took in a class. For me, who took 3 levels in Soldier, they are the same number. For people who are multiclassing, like you, they are different. Your character level is 3, but your class levels is 2 for Scout, and 1 for Scoundrel. When you gain class levels, you get things from that class (talents and bonus feats.) When you gain character levels, you get things based on your total character level (feats every 3 levels, ability score increases every 4 levels.)

So here's the breakdown, at level 1 you took Scout and got the defense bonus, starting feats, and the talent from your class. For having a character level of 1 you get a feat. At character level 2, you took 1 class level in Scoundrel. This means you now have class level 1 in Scout and 1 in Scoundrel, but your character level is 2. Character level 2 doesn't give you anything but class level 1 in Scoundrel gives you the starting feats, defenses and talent from Scoundrel.

Now you go to your 3rd character level. You took a 2nd class level in Scout, which if you look at the Scout class, means you get a bonus feat. This is for your 2nd class level in Scout. That's all you get from that. However, you are character level 3 now, which means you get a feat.

Character Level
1: Racial bonuses/1st level feat
2: Nothing
3: Feat (any)

Class Level
Scout 1: Defenses/Scout Talent 1 (From Scout Talent Trees)/Class Feats
Scoundrel 1: Defenses/Scoundrel Talent 1 (From Scoundrel Talent Trees)/Class Feats
Scout 2: Bonus Feat (Scout List)

So you get Shake it Off/ Your Weapon Proficiency Feats/Point Blank Shot for free from Classes. And a feat from first character level of your choice. And then at 3rd character level you get two feats, one from character level 3 and one bonus feat from Scout level 2 (from the Scout bonus feat list.) That's your feats.

You get one Scout talent and one Scoundrel talent. They have to be from the respective talent trees of each class. So you'll have to drop one of your Scout talents and pick a Scoundrel talent in it's place.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

*scrit scrit* Ok so that was class level progression. I think I get it… Maybe

Check my sheet anyway… http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=716976
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

I'd like to make a cosmetic adjustment to my utility belt + Field kit, and make it kinda a vest-light pack combo.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Any suggestions for a Scoundrel talent? Assuming that I'm only taking one level (Free Point Blank!) The isn't many that are good for a stand-alone… I'm considering "Sneak Attack" or anything from the "Fortune" Talent Tree for Core Rulebook, "Oafish" from Unknown Regions, and MAYBE "Seize Object" from Legacy Era.

EDIT: Also,
a Zeltros bill board in Aurebesh
And another similar
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

If the DM allows it, (stuff from it has already been allowed) there are some fantastic scoundrel talents in Scum & Villainy.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Meh, not really at base. It still needs "Fool's Luck" or "Knack" to build upon. So it really looks like it's one of those two. Thx though.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

There's not much more awesome than Fool's Luck. 

Alternatively rather than Sneak Attack, try Dastardly Strike.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

tyr4n02r

Yeah, as much as I want "Walk The Line" (and boy do I,) I'll take Fool's Luck. Without specializing in nulling Dex Bonuses, those two are too circumstantial for my liking (on paper at least.)

Also, would Dual Weaponry be worth taking? (now OR later) I see my character dual-wielding but IDK how useful it is so early. Thoughts?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs