News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Could a screen name be changed?

Started by SpiralSpider, March 05, 2013, 11:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiralSpider

When I first came to this site, I was tired and made my screen name be my actual first name. ^,^'

Ever since that time, my regret for that has been growing and I was wondering if I could possibly have my screen name changed?
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Avis habilis

Each approved member gets to change their screen name one time. Send a PM to any staff member (Goddess, God, Siren, Satyr or Sidhe) with what you want your name changed to.

Just remember that this is a one-time-ever deal - the new name is the one you'll have to use from then on out, no going back, no changing it to something else later.

Rhapsody

Quote from: Avis habilis on March 05, 2013, 01:28:58 PM
Each approved member gets to change their screen name one time. Send a PM to any staff member (Goddess, God, Siren, Satyr or Sidhe) with what you want your name changed to.

Just remember that this is a one-time-ever deal - the new name is the one you'll have to use from then on out, no going back, no changing it to something else later.

Did they change this? I distinctly remember Halloween being a time you could change your name as you saw fit, but maybe that's only at that time of the year.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

SpiralSpider

Thanks for the help.

I'll send a PM right away.  :-)
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Avis habilis

Quote from: Rhapsody on March 05, 2013, 01:56:47 PM
Did they change this? I distinctly remember Halloween being a time you could change your name as you saw fit, but maybe that's only at that time of the year.

They did. Now users only get the one change & that's permanent & irrevocable.

Vekseid

Quote from: Rhapsody on March 05, 2013, 01:56:47 PM

This actually was the reason. It started to get really, really confusing.

That said, donating members do get one additional name change.

Amor

Thanks for asking this, I had assumed I would be able to change my username at some point but after being accepted thought I was stuck with it for good!

Fingers crossed, I'll be Amor soon  :-)
Click here for my O/O list & current games.
"The things that make us happy make us wise." John Crowley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpEesx_KyjM

Formless

I might just do that. I realized Ark Noah isn't suitable for a username ...

Elina

Quote from: Ark Noah on March 28, 2013, 06:28:30 PM
I might just do that. I realized Ark Noah isn't suitable for a username ...
How come? 

* Elina feels like she's missing something.

Formless

It has an ' ancient ' feel ... too ancient.  :-\

Oniya

We have an Inkidu around here somewhere...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lilias

Also an Inanna, a Tiamat, an Osiris, several Anubises, and no end of the Norse crew. ;D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Beguile's Mistress

There is a lot to be said for the mystical feel a so-call ancient name can conjure.

Oniya

Of course, the important thing is how comfortable you feel with the name.  So if you want to make a change, just follow the instructions in the second post.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Formless

Thank you. I will , once I find a suitable one.

Formless

I tried to look for the answer but I couldn't . So here's a question.

If I change my name. Does it overrites anything associated with the old name? I know in-post material are not affected. But does it also change my name in my buddy's PM list? Or is it from the instance the name is changed and onward?

I'm sorry If that may not made much sense.

Oniya

All previous posts that you have made, and any links that connect to your old name/profile will be connected to the new name.

Formless

Aha I see.

Thank you Lady Oniya. :)

Oreo

The only portion that would remain Ark Noah is your original login name.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Formless

Really?

Ok that was critical. I should keep it in mind.

Tharic

Also keep in mind that (if you're anal) you'll want to go back and edit posts that you've done such as an A&A or O&O and any stories that you're involved in would still have your original name in the subject, etc.

People can also still do a Member search for you by both your new name and your old name as well. It's also handy to shoot a PM to your friends/mentors (just saying! lol) letting them know of the name change too.

Formless

Wow , search me with both names?

I guess there's more to it than just a new name tag huh ... That's really interesting.

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on March 29, 2013, 10:29:13 AM
We have an Inkidu around here somewhere...
You called?

Actually, I have a question. My name used to be Inkedu, but I changed it before the one change limit. Do I still get a freebee?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Cecilia

Quote from: Inkidu on April 30, 2013, 12:10:33 PM
You called?

Actually, I have a question. My name used to be Inkedu, but I changed it before the one change limit. Do I still get a freebee?

Do you want it changed back to Inkedu?

Send any staffer a request for the change

Inkidu

Quote from: Cecilia on April 30, 2013, 12:35:48 PM
Do you want it changed back to Inkedu?

Send any staffer a request for the change
No, I just wanted to see if I had the option, I like my name. Thanks for the reply. ^_^

Hope you're doing well, Cecilia.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.