The Other Woman - Cold War romance

Started by RedEve, August 12, 2014, 07:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

I have played variations of this basic set-up in two failed group games but now I am thinking it might be best suited to a solo game.

This game would take place in Russia, during the cold war.
The year is 1962. Colonel Aleksandr Veselov finds himself with something of a problem. Seven years earlier he took  the then 19-year old Inga Zlobin as his mistress, when she was a newly arrived recruitée – from Romania - who was being groomed for intelligence work. He showered the girl with gifts – amongst them expensive jewelry and banned clothes from the decadent West. Eventually he also started to make her idle promises of leaving his wife for her. He also got her a fine posting at the KGB headquarters in Moscow, so he could spend time with her whenever he wanted to.

As the girl grew older, she also grew further and further impatient, wanting Aleksandr to leave his wife. Of course, Veselov never had the intention to do so, as his wife’s father was a member of the Politburo, which meant he could and likely would have ruined Aleksandr’s career if he dared to disgrace his daughter. At first, Aleksandr had Inga’s posting changed to Leningrad. He would fly over there every two to three months to see her, but after a while, even the distance did not keep her threat at bay.

So his new plan is to have her transferred to a small KGB station fifty miles outside of Krasnojarsk. Officially it will be a promotion, as she will earn the rank of Captain the process. But in reality, she will be running a tiny operation in a small backwater where no one is likely to hear from her again.

The basic set-up for this game would be for me to play Inga. All of the male roles would be played by the other player. These would include but not be limited to:

Aleksandr Veselov, obviously. We would start the game during his final visit to Leningrad, when he has already decided that he will put through the order to have her transferred immediately after his (secret) goodbye.

A yet to be named subordinate of Inga’s in her new posting with whom she would start a sexual relationship. I see this character as not too bright but physical strong and fit. The station outside of Krasnojarsk that Inga would be running is tiny, no more than herself and two other KGB officers.

After a while, we would introduce the second main character, namely an American agent who was dropped in the remote area to become a sleeper agent under deep cover. Inga would feel an attraction to this man (who would pass himself off as a regular Russian citizen) and would perhaps eventually start to suspect something about his real identity.

Send any interest to my inbox. We can discuss post length, frequency and any other details about the plot you might have questions about there.

Taken
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list