What's in the News? 2.0

Started by Tolvo, January 16, 2019, 05:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

On somewhat related manner, here in Poland a woman gets arrested and charged with offending religious sentiment for creating posters that combine the Black Madonna and the LGBT rainbow:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/06/woman-arrested-poland-posters-virgin-mary-rainbow-halo-plock

This is relevant, too:

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/04/25/world/europe/ap-eu-poland-lgbt-rights.html

Coming back to what Louise posted:

Quote from: gaggedLouise on May 06, 2019, 10:42:00 AM
Meghan & Harry's kid is out . It's a boy! :)

And, refreshingly, they aren't making a show out of it..

Military knee-length straight pencil skirts (green, khaki, grey or black) never go out of style.  :P

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2017/12/27/new-in-2018-army-decision-coming-on-return-of-pinks-and-greens-uniform/

The photo is interesting. Does it mean that female soldiers will go back to wearing ties, not those annoying necktabs?

Sara Nilsson

https://splinternews.com/trump-pardons-a-troop-who-murdered-an-iraqi-1834570759

So Trump decides to pardon a guy who..

QuoteBehenna acknowledged during his trial that instead of taking the prisoner home as he was ordered, he took the man to a railroad culvert, stripped him, and then questioned him at gunpoint about a roadside bombing that had killed two members of Behenna’s platoon.

Behenna, a native of the Oklahoma City suburb of Edmond, said the man moved toward him and he shot him because Behenna thought he would try to take his gun.

Like a warcriminal, no other word for it. But.. nah he totes deserve a pardon. He only fucking killed an unarmed naked guy.

QuotePress secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement that Behenna was a model prisoner and supported by the public. “In light of these facts, Mr. Behenna is entirely deserving” of the pardon, Sanders said.

Oh fuck off you cow. I thought republicans where "tough on crime" but warcrimes are fiiiineeeee..

but hey in happier news.

https://tyt.com/stories/4vZLCHuQrYE4uKagy0oyMA/55ZimtgirWgUh9ZgMSPirI

Quote“Why are we just apprehending them and not lining them up and shooting them,” a border militia member in New Mexico is alleged to have said of border migrants that the group had been monitoring.

“We have to go back to Hitler days and put them all in a gas chamber,” the militia member, Armando Gonzalez, is also alleged to have said. Gonzalez did not respond to multiple requests for comment by TYT.

Such sweet "patriots" we have offering their aid to help our poor border patrol.

TheGlyphstone

Its only a crime if the victim is white.

Kitteredge

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on May 07, 2019, 04:14:00 AM
https://splinternews.com/trump-pardons-a-troop-who-murdered-an-iraqi-1834570759

So Trump decides to pardon a guy who..

Like a warcriminal, no other word for it. But.. nah he totes deserve a pardon. He only fucking killed an unarmed naked guy.

Pardoned this murderer right at the start of Ramadan, no less. Make no mistake that part was intentional as well.

Kurogane

Quote from: Kitteredge on May 07, 2019, 11:13:09 AM
Pardoned this murderer right at the start of Ramadan, no less. Make no mistake that part was intentional as well.

I would question whether it was "intentional" because that would suggest that Trump was smart, that he actually knew about any form of religion.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kurogane on May 07, 2019, 11:15:51 AM
I would question whether it was "intentional" because that would suggest that Trump was smart, that he actually knew about any form of religion.

Indeed. You ask Trump what he thinks about Ramadan, he's more likely to say he prefers the roast chicken flavor over the beef flavor.

Kurogane

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 07, 2019, 11:21:59 AM
Indeed. You ask Trump what he thinks about Ramadan, he's more likely to say he prefers the roast chicken flavor over the beef flavor.

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!
He might also say "Ramadan? Hell no! I only stay at my properties, which are the best in the world! I don't do Ramada Inns!"

Kitteredge

Trump may not know, but Stephen Miller does, others do. This is definitely a message to fellow white supremacists and bigots.

Formless

Not the first time it happened.

Saddam was hanged (killed) on Eid al-Aldha. That is the day Muslims sacrifice cattle for god.

If its not Trump, then no doubt its someone close to him who advised or pushed for it.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kitteredge on May 07, 2019, 11:49:34 AM
Trump may not know, but Stephen Miller does, others do. This is definitely a message to fellow white supremacists and bigots.

I wouldn't put it past Miller. I just doubt Trump understands the significance.

Mechelle

Quote from: gaggedLouise on May 06, 2019, 10:42:00 AM
Meghan & Harry's kid is out . It's a boy! :)

And there has been lot of speculation about what his name will be.
James was one of the more serious suggestions, but people have asked if that is after his grandfather (remember the "cad", Major James Hewitt, who had an affair with Diana).
The Suffolk Gazette has suggested meanwhile that he will be named Donald, in honour of the President and with a nod to his dual heritage. That would go down well...

Kitteredge

Quote from: Mechelle on May 07, 2019, 01:07:03 PM
And there has been lot of speculation about what his name will be.
James was one of the more serious suggestions, but people have asked if that is after his grandfather (remember the "cad", Major James Hewitt, who had an affair with Diana).
The Suffolk Gazette has suggested meanwhile that he will be named Donald, in honour of the President and with a nod to his dual heritage. That would go down well...

I laughed and then sighed...

Mechelle

Lustful Bride

Vox now has a video on the Concentration Camps for Uighur Muslims in China. 

I wont call it an internment or reeducation camp. We all know what it really is and the victims being dragged in need to have their voices heard.

Kurogane

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Kitteredge on May 07, 2019, 01:09:04 PM

I laughed and then sighed...

Archie the jaunty suburban comic-book hero - *everybody* will say Meghan got Harry into this!  :P

Morning, Prince Archie - :)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Mechelle

Quote from: gaggedLouise on May 08, 2019, 05:47:16 PM
Archie the jaunty suburban comic-book hero - *everybody* will say Meghan got Harry into this!  :P

Morning, Prince Archie - :)

Although, for people a little bit older than me, in Britain Archie Andrews was a famous ventrolquist's dummy.

I don't think that is any sort of political commentary, but it is surprising when a royal baby is not given one of the family's traditional names.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Mechelle on May 08, 2019, 06:02:48 PM
Although, for people a little bit older than me, in Britain Archie Andrews was a famous ventrolquist's dummy.

I don't think that is any sort of political commentary, but it is surprising when a royal baby is not given one of the family's traditional names.

There was a rumour here in Sweden a few years ago that the crown princess' second daughter was going to be called Princess Natasha, a completely un-royal name with a  Hollywood/Vegas ring to it. Many people jumped to the ceiling over the idea. It turned out to be a false alarm though...

I wonder if "Harrison" is meant as an oblique "Harry's son"? :)

Mechelle

I thought so, as did lots of people, although it usually took them some time to realise that it could be Harry's son.

Harrison doesn't sound like a royal name at all.

Sara Nilsson

https://kotaku.com/pubg-removed-from-china-replaced-with-hilarious-clone-1834625310

Pubg is removed from china and removed with.. a game that is almost identical. Except you use paintball guns and when someone dies they sit down, wave and vanish.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Mechelle on May 08, 2019, 06:27:36 PM
I thought so, as did lots of people, although it usually took them some time to realise that it could be Harry's son.

Harrison doesn't sound like a royal name at all.

A homage to Harrison Ford, maybe? :)

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on May 09, 2019, 02:43:52 AM
https://kotaku.com/pubg-removed-from-china-replaced-with-hilarious-clone-1834625310

Pubg is removed from china and removed with.. a game that is almost identical. Except you use paintball guns and when someone dies they sit down, wave and vanish.

That's the thing though, China can claim the clone as theirs, they can't claim PUBG. And for China, it's all about control.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Deamonbane

Alabama Republicans just tried to sneak through a measure that would make nearly all abortions a felony punishable by up to 99 years in prison without even so much as a normal a roll call vote.

https://theslot.jezebel.com/the-chaotic-spectacle-of-alabama-republicans-fighting-t-1834642702
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Deamonbane

Clarification: The felony charge would be for the doctors performing the abortions, not the women on whom they are performed.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."