Shadowrun 5th Edition - Civil Disobedience [Extreme, Closed to New Recruits]

Started by GloomCookie, September 19, 2015, 06:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TFcommando

Quote from: AndyZ on September 19, 2015, 10:39:15 PM
Mind if I take the mage spot, then?

If we're radical, we could have TWO! :)  For me, I have concepts for a hermetic combat mage and a probable shamanic social/illusion based type.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

HopeFox

So I'm thinking my adept will be of a shamanic bent, with Dog as his mentor spirit. That's a good totem for teamwork.

He'll probably be part of a go-gang, naturally. The 405 Hellhounds seem to be the major human-friendly go-gang in the Seattle area, but the only writeup I can find of them describes them as being "mostly in the business of smuggling and mindless violence. Actually, they’re mostly into the mindless violence; the smuggling just helps to pay the repair bills and keep them in ammo and non-blood-spattering entertainment". Is that a bit too black-hat for this game? My guy is definitely a violent dude (his equipment list is basically a motorcycle and a submachine gun), but I don't really want to play him as someone who will straight up murder motorists for fun. Can this gang still work, or should I choose (or make up) a smaller one?
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

TheGlyphstone

Alright, Riese the Troll Face has been submitted. 11 feet and change of polite German-accented menace in a business suit.

TFcommando

Narrowed it down to two concepts, working on both, will have one (or both) in tomorrow.

A hermetic combat mage with the Dragonslayer totem and the Warrior code, college educated and on track for a good magic job before hearing the mentor's call to slay monsters and protect people.  It's hard to make a living at such a noble pursuit and some monsters are well connected and there are problems when you kill them, so her ordinary life has suffered, and since she still needs to eat, she takes shadow run jobs to make ends meet. 

An urban shaman, seduction totem, the "party girl" spirit as it were.  Hedonistic and sensual, a sort of backup face with a lot of illusion and manipulation spells.  Might be too "lesbian stripper ninja," but where else could you play an overtly sexual character if not here? :)

Both human.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Blinkin

She's a street sam with a focus on guns. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for when someone helped me create her, but I didn't know enough about the game (Still don't) to make her slightly more versitile. Hopefully the rewrite to 5th will solve that issue.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Blinkin on September 20, 2015, 06:12:25 AM
She's a street sam with a focus on guns. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for when someone helped me create her, but I didn't know enough about the game (Still don't) to make her slightly more versitile. Hopefully the rewrite to 5th will solve that issue.

Honestly, sweetie, I like what I see so far, and you're on the right track.  Shadowrun is one of those games where it pays to be tightly focused rather than a little of everything, because it's a lot like Ocean's 11.  Everyone is highly specialized and they have a particular job to do.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Muse

*pounce!* 

Oh, my god! 

Am I too late?  :) 

And a chance to play alongside yellow jacket to boot.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

GloomCookie

Quote from: Muse on September 20, 2015, 07:10:42 AM
*pounce!* 

Oh, my god! 

Am I too late?  :) 

And a chance to play alongside yellow jacket to boot.  :)

I think I can squeeze you in.  I need character sheets before I confirm anyone as being in the game, however.
My DeviantArt

Muse

(When i helped with Yellow Jacket in the past, I think machine guns were her biggest thing?) 

It looks like the biggest whole in our applications right now is for a Decker.  I could try that...  Especially a Decker with a bit of Ware who was willing to go in physically. 

I'm certainly a lot more comfortable with a mage type. 

TF, have you decided on what focus your mage has?  If not, I can work to have complementary spell selection, and have the same tradition so we can work ritual magic together. 

Linna, you said something about street level availability?  Are we using the street level resources alternate character creation?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

GloomCookie

Quote from: Muse on September 20, 2015, 07:34:37 AM
Linna, you said something about street level availability?  Are we using the street level resources alternate character creation?

I'm unfamiliar with it so could you please fill me in?
My DeviantArt

HopeFox

Quote from: Linna on September 20, 2015, 08:19:37 AM
I'm unfamiliar with it so could you please fill me in?

It's the alternate creation rules on page 64 of SR5. It allocates fewer nuyen at each of the resource levels. Your earlier comments do imply that we're not using them, though.

Is there a fixer or other common contact that we should all take? Or will that be handled outside of our regular Contacts?
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Muse

Decker concept.  Don't know if i'll have enough to do him using the street level resources rules... 

The elf girl was tall and svelte with dense muscles and a back like a violin.  The rich neon purple of her hair matched the bustier.  She leaned over my desk, my tie in one hand.  The other hand, that held the taser, caressed my cheek softly. 

Elsewhere in the facility, gunshots made rapid cracks as this girl's friends subdued or slew the security staff I was supposed to be providing digital over watch for.  I couldn't make myself look away from her eyes—except for the occasional glance down her cleavage.  “This is you, Mari, isn't it?  The real you?” 

“Yes,” she replied, eyes smoky, “But so is the girl you danced with in the matrix club two weeks ago.  I've held some things back, but I've never been anybody else with you.” 

I swallowed hard as she lightly traced the line of my pointed ear.  My pasty skin did little to hide my flush.  “So...”  My throat was tight with conflicting emotions.  “Why am I still concious?  Put that taser in my neck and you can turn the whole facilities security system to your friend's advantage. 

“That's not the question you should be asking,” Marionette replied. 

I looked up from her cleavage to her eyes again, “I don't understand.” 

“The question is,” she traced the inner curve of my ear.  It sent shivers down my spine like i'd never felt in the meat before, familiar and alien at the same time.  “Is this the real you, Martin?” 

I swallowed as her amethyst eyes consumed me. 

“More than at any other time in history, we have the power to be whomever we want to be.  That's why you feel more alive, more real, as Demos than you ever did as Martin?  Am I right?  That conglomeration of data that held me in his digital arms, part man, part dragon, as we danced to old rock and roll.  That's a person you wanted to be, so that's who you are.” 

I swallowed again, blood running hot, and replied, “Are you telling me that I can wear myself?  Like that ZZ Top song you like so much?  The clothes make the man?” 

“The man makes the clothes Martin,” she replied.  “So long as what you're wearing shows the world who you want to be.  A dragon.  A roman centurion.  A great lover in a suit.  Or maybe, just a wage slave programmer working for a company that doesn't value his abilties?  Who are you, Martin?  Are you going to show me?” 

She leaned in close and kissed me, slowly, sensualy, like nothing I'd never felt in the flesh before.  I groaned, hearing a strength and a passion I'd never imagined rumble up out of me.  When she released my lips, she finished in a husky whisper, “So i'm offering you a choice.  I can slam this taser into you.  A few moments of pain—like the security men out there, hammered by shock and stick amo—and then I'll leave you.  You'll go back to your life menial, comfortable life after Ares reams you for a few weeks over your failure to stop me. 

“Or...” she dropped a silver key chain, two Zs, onto the desk in front of me.  “You can come with me, ZZ, and you can make yourself anyone you want to be...” 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw

Blinkin

You remember correctly Muse, Yellow is stll specialized in guns, mainly sub-guns with some knowledge of the others.

It seems that the bio-ware is a bit more expensive than indicated from when you created her. She's in some serious debt.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Muse

I think I did a 5th edition conversion at one point,b ut we originaly buitl her in fourth. 

he's coming along fast: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pdqseVJ-fq8dQGB1bwx3gY_nEAmtQAIk6dm2cYtlVhY/edit?usp=sharing

TheGlyphstone

I was going to say you could make a Technomancer if you wanted a Decker-analogue and a Mage at the same time.

GloomCookie

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 20, 2015, 11:07:47 AM
I was going to say you could make a Technomancer if you wanted a Decker-analogue and a Mage at the same time.

I'm not that versed on Technomancers (haven't had much play with them), so if someone does go Technomancer I'll need someone helping me out on the details please.
My DeviantArt

TFcommando

Quote from: HopeFox on September 20, 2015, 08:38:57 AM
It's the alternate creation rules on page 64 of SR5. It allocates fewer nuyen at each of the resource levels. Your earlier comments do imply that we're not using them, though.

I wasn't sure about that either.  The Street Level rules also provide less Karma for positive and negative qualities, 13 instead of 25, which really impacts chargen, more than the reduced Nuyen amounts (at least for mage types!)
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TheGlyphstone

Ooh...yeah, I hadn't realized that either. That'll definitely force me to rebuild the character I already submitted if we are outright Street Level, not just 'base novice Runner level'.

Muse

Same here. 

But I'm basicly done (Finalizing contacts and karma now) if we're using standard character generation. 

These are my expenses:

5,000   .4   Cyberdeck
123,000   Hermes Chariot (Rating 2, Attributes 5/4/4/2, Programs 2)
1,000   .1   Data Jack
4,000   .2   Smart Link
50,000   2   Muscle Replacement 2
26,000   .6   Reaction Enhancers 2
12,000   .1   Sleep Regulator

5,000      Lifestyle: Middle (Dedicated work space for electronics.)

7,000      Armante Suit x2, Non-Conductivity 4
  550      Shock Gloves
   830      Ares Crusader II
  150      Concealable Holster
    20      Spare Clip x4
   300      Explosive Rounds x40
   240      Regular Amo x120
   300      Gel Rounds x120

7,500      Fake SIN III
5,000      Fake SIN II

28,500   Hyundai Shin-Hyung

50      Subvocal Mic
25      Printer
20      RFID Tags: 50 standard, 10 Security, 10 Stealth
5      Data Chips x10
450      Tag Eraser
750      Cyberprogram, Hacking, x3
100      Mapsoft (Seatle)
500      Electronics Kit
20      Certified Credstick, Silver
5      Certified Credstick, Standard
10      Plastic Restraints x20
250      Lockpick Set
1,000      Med Kit Rating IV
200      Survival Kit
500      Trauma PAtch

Blinkin

I thought that Yellow was done in 4th ed, but we never got the conversion to 5th done. There must of been a huge shift in starting yen an 'ware prices because she's starting a quarter of a million in the hole. The other bits were minor adjustments, but that pricetag made me blink.

It's that Allstate commercial all over again. Ramen noodles every night for... ever... thing.Maybe she can get a discount on ammo if she bought in bulk...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TheGlyphstone

What did you buy, a full set of Deltaware cyberlimbs? Deckers are the most cash-strapped class because cyberdecks are stupidly expensive - Street Sams can rack it up pretty fast too, but you should be able to buy the usual entry-level 'wares without going into debt.

Muse

Do you need help with a rebuild, blinkin? 

These are my karma expenditures.

25   Strength 1-3
22   Positive Qualities
3   +6,000 New Yen

Blinkin

Remember, Muse created this character for 4th ed. The 'ware that she has liste are:

1   Aluminum Muscle-Bone Lace
.3   Cyberoptic IV: Flare Compensation, Image Link, Low Light Vision, Smartlkink. Vision Magnification.
.2   Com Link
2   Muscle Replacement II
.75   Orthoskin III
.2   Platelet Factory
.1   Reflex Recorder: Automatics
.1   Sleep Regulator
.5   Synaptic Booster I

As far as rebuilds, I think we're into it now. Perhaps notes on how she was built might help coul be useful.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse