Pathfinder: Ultimate Combat round 1 beta

Started by Callie Del Noire, January 25, 2011, 01:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I have been looking over the Ultimate Combat Beta, Round 1 pdf from the Paizo site.  It in are the Gunslinger, Ninja and Samurai with feats for the Gunslinger, rules for black powder pistols/rifles and a few feats.

I like the Gunslinger a bit (but then I'm liking the idea of a steampunk magic world where the Alchemist, Gunslinger and such would fit better than the 'full power' magic classes might.)

Anyone else looked it over yet?

Callie Del Noire

For those of you folks who have Hero Lab, they just added the Ultimate Combat beta to the Pathfinder beta. So you too can make a gunslinger like...

Craz

I'm...undecided as to whether I like the rules for pistols. Granted, it's hard to make firearm rules in d20, but to me it almost seems the opposite of what I was expecting. Guns do mediocre damage and have high accuracy, from what it seems so far. Hmm. Not sure if like.

Callie Del Noire

Muskets are pretty harsh though.. 1d12.. the 20' increment is harsh for it though.

Craz

See, I would love to play a gunslinger character, but the reloads for it are..prohibitive, for what the class is and what it does. And personally, I'd prefer pistols of some sort. Because that's what a gunslinger is, at least in my eyes. Pistols first, rifles for that long-shot kill.

I may just want to make a Man with No Name character...must find revolver rules for Pathfinder. >.>

Callie Del Noire

Well just looking over the character there are four slots on the gun skill abilities in the class.. so I assume there will be more guns introduced
over time.

AtlasEros

I'm not a huge fan of a gunslinger class in D&D.  It really changed the flavor of the game, not that you have to include it.
O/O

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AtlasEros on February 03, 2011, 04:49:29 PM
I'm not a huge fan of a gunslinger class in D&D.  It really changed the flavor of the game, not that you have to include it.

I agree and me and my friend discussed it on skype last night. Our thoughts that like some of the AGP classes it works for a Magi-tech setting. I'd say steampunk but we're looking at something more like 1600s with magical tech than victorian era tech.

AtlasEros

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 03, 2011, 04:51:42 PM
I agree and me and my friend discussed it on skype last night. Our thoughts that like some of the AGP classes it works for a Magi-tech setting. I'd say steampunk but we're looking at something more like 1600s with magical tech than victorian era tech.
If that's the time you're looking to play you might want to think about Savage Worlds: Solomaon Kane

For anyone that isn't familiar with Solomon Kane, he is a character that was created by Robert E. Howard.
O/O

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AtlasEros on February 03, 2011, 06:11:20 PM
If that's the time you're looking to play you might want to think about Savage Worlds: Solomaon Kane

For anyone that isn't familiar with Solomon Kane, he is a character that was created by Robert E. Howard.

Not only do I know about him.. i got the omnibus edition of the collected stories on my kindle and the DVD of the movie (which is a damn tragedy that it didn't come to the US.)

AtlasEros

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 03, 2011, 06:14:45 PM
Not only do I know about him.. i got the omnibus edition of the collected stories on my kindle and the DVD of the movie (which is a damn tragedy that it didn't come to the US.)
Ah, very good.  The movie was by the way, just great.  Looked like it would be trash but a real supriser.  I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone reading this post.
O/O

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AtlasEros on February 03, 2011, 09:00:31 PM
Ah, very good.  The movie was by the way, just great.  Looked like it would be trash but a real supriser.  I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone reading this post.

I don't understand why it didn't get released in the US. It was well plotted out, and all around a good movie.

AtlasEros

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 03, 2011, 09:13:13 PM
I don't understand why it didn't get released in the US. It was well plotted out, and all around a good movie.
From what I read after I watched it, it was suppose to be part of a trilogy.  Do you know if there are going to be any more of those movies made?
O/O

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AtlasEros on February 03, 2011, 10:18:19 PM
From what I read after I watched it, it was suppose to be part of a trilogy.  Do you know if there are going to be any more of those movies made?

Acting from what I've read on the net about the European release, I would say that it could be very likely to be done as a series.

AtlasEros

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 03, 2011, 11:05:38 PM
Acting from what I've read on the net about the European release, I would say that it could be very likely to be done as a series.
I hadn't heard that, just that they were planning more movies.  I would make a great show for HBO or Showtime.
O/O

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AtlasEros on February 03, 2011, 11:37:14 PM
I hadn't heard that, just that they were planning more movies.  I would make a great show for HBO or Showtime.

Well as SERIES of movies. :D heh

AtlasEros

O/O