That horrible white flake! Dandruf!

Started by Rp girl, September 07, 2018, 07:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rp girl

So lately a lot of people I know,myself incuded have been hit with dandruf! It's normal and not an issue to most but I'm curious so here's a few questions.

Do you have dandruf?
How bad is it?
What do you do to control it?

I've heard that a few people use teatree oil but thats oil wouldnt make youe hair oilly?

stormwyrm

I'm going bald and pushing things along so I usually have my head shaved so it's not really much of an issue for me personally. But I live with a couple of people for whom it is, and well, the various dandruff control shampoos available on the market seem to work as advertised usually. There's a medicated shampoo with ketoconazole (a drug which I normally use for fungal infections; seems that's what most dandruff is) that they use when it gets really really bad, but they'd prefer to avoid going that far since that shampoo has some other side effects like making hair frizzy, and it's rather expensive.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Rp girl

Huh cool I guess shampoo is something a lot of people use honestly my hair is always frizzy no matter how hard I try to keep it neet. It ok after I brush it but two minuets later my hair is a nest of fuzz.

My frunds is just knotty because its light but they dont frizz up like me

Mathim

If I scratch my head, there will be tons of flakes that get shed, but none of it is directly visible, so I don't know if that counts as dandruff. I've been using Head and Shoulders every time I shower for decades and it doesn't seem to make the flakes that occur from rubbing my head (I have relatively short hair) so I'm not sure if that's just how it is for everyone but at least the strands of hair aren't carrying signs of dead skin as they grow, it's all buried at the base.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Rp girl

That dosw count as dandrud seeing as its the white flacke from your scalp I beleave.