I'm in a bit of a ragtime kick...

Started by Tsais, August 29, 2011, 02:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsais

... and as such, I was tossing around the idea of changing my avatar to reflect my current mood. I want something classy, with just the hint of sexiness that makes ragtime and the turn of the 20th century irresistible to me. Yet, I've had trouble finding something like this. I was wondering if I could get some help choosing a picture and also have a thread dedicated to the enjoyment of ragtime. Both picture suggestions and songs would be wonderful.  ;D

Starting off the music:
Peacherine Rag by Scott Joplin and my all-time favorite Joplin track: Solace. I'd love to have an avatar that reminds me of Solace.
[Ons&Offs]
As she laughed I was aware of becoming involved in her laughter and being part of it, until her teeth were only accidental stars with a talent for squad-drill. I was drawn in by short gasps, inhaled at each momentary recovery, lost finally in the dark caverns of her throat, bruised by the ripple of unseen muscles. An elderly waiter with trembling hands was hurriedly spreading a pink and white checked cloth over a rusty green iron table, saying: "If the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden, if the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden..." I decided that if the shaking of her breasts could be stopped, some of the fragments of the afternoon might be collected, and I concentrated my attention with careful subtlety to this end.
[Entertain Me]

Inkidu

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I thought maybe if you were good at cropping this one.

More cropping, but I think worth it.

These are what I thought could work.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Slaven

The third one looks quite decent indeed I think. Bravo on finding those.
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Oniya

Can't help with the images, but I thought I'd contribute my favorite rendition of an old classic:

The Muppet Show: "The Entertainer" Part 1 & 2

Edit:  No, really - the picture doesn't do it justice.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Tsais

I'm quite tempted by all of the pictures, they're wonderful. Thank you!

@Oniya: Hahaha, I have always loved the muppets.
[Ons&Offs]
As she laughed I was aware of becoming involved in her laughter and being part of it, until her teeth were only accidental stars with a talent for squad-drill. I was drawn in by short gasps, inhaled at each momentary recovery, lost finally in the dark caverns of her throat, bruised by the ripple of unseen muscles. An elderly waiter with trembling hands was hurriedly spreading a pink and white checked cloth over a rusty green iron table, saying: "If the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden, if the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden..." I decided that if the shaking of her breasts could be stopped, some of the fragments of the afternoon might be collected, and I concentrated my attention with careful subtlety to this end.
[Entertain Me]

Inkidu

Quote from: Tsais on August 29, 2011, 03:24:32 PM
I'm quite tempted by all of the pictures, they're wonderful. Thank you!

@Oniya: Hahaha, I have always loved the muppets.
Nice to hear, it really is hard to find ragtime stuff, because it's such a short period in American entertainment. It kind of meshes with the old style of the 1800s and then the big-band and Swing of the 20s. Still, a good period.

Plus:

One Froggy Evening - Michigan J. Frog
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Tsais

I miss cartoons like that being on TV. =)
[Ons&Offs]
[Entertain Me]