Question about becoming a Mentor

Started by Kimbersqk, July 12, 2012, 11:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimbersqk

Hello there.

I don't know if this is the place to ask... I have been thinking about this for over a year now. I have been moved to possibly become a mentor. I am wondering how to go about becoming a mentor and what the "requirements" are, if there are any. I have been around E for a while and feel like I should and want to give back somehow. To be a mentor is the way for me to contribute :)

Thanks in advance.

-Kimber
Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon half way around the world. - Chaos Theory from Butterfly Effect

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries
Kimber doing what she loves. Signing C'est La Vie by B*Witched

Oniya

There's a Mentor Volunteer Thread over in the On Topic board where you can throw your hat into the ring. :-)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Kimbersqk

Thank you Oniya. I looked all over, but I clearly overlooked it. Thank you so much. *hugs*
Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon half way around the world. - Chaos Theory from Butterfly Effect

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries

Kye

Kimbersqk

Reading thru the page, I have realized I am not ready to be a mentor yet. But, maybe some day.. :) Thank you for your help!

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries

jouzinka

Heya, Kim, just wanted to tell you that you (or anyone else) don't need to be a Mentor to be friendly with the newbies and visit the Intros or the Doormat. You are very welcome to post into their Intros and give them questions or prompts if they ask for them (there's just the Introduction Thread and Approval Policy to abide by).

Interacting in the Intros is a core Mentor activity, so being familiar with it can give you a good starting point for the time if/when you start the Mentoring journey. :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Kimbersqk

With my understanding, which I found out today I was incorrect... I thought myself, just as a "normal" whatever no label person couldn't write on the applicants application. I didn't realize until today I could. I'm slowly starting to do that. That is a start for myself just to "get a feel" or get out there a little more. I, myself, is hoping more to help people out if they have any questions or whatever. I enjoy helping people, that is my strong point. Helping people is even my daily career. Anyways... That's where I stand. :)

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries

Oniya

Help people enough, and they'll drag you in kicking and screaming like they did me.  ;)  (Just kidding, but they did ask very nicely a few times.)

Beguile's Mistress

And then pulled a sack over her head and kidnapped her. ;D

Silverfyre

It's hardly a kidnapping if she enjoys it.

Beguile's Mistress

She does now.  We've corrupted her. :-)

Oreo

>> It's Stockholm Syndrome ...at its best. :D

Oh look! A puppy. Ignore the woman with the cookies and chloroform.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin