D&D 3.5 Homebrew [Male Player Character Needed]

Started by Cythieus, December 13, 2009, 03:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cythieus

I am running a Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Homebrew game and we seem to have lost one of our PC's  :o.

Moreover we seem to only have one male player character and a whole group of females. So what I am looking for is someone of any gender, but I would like the character to be male. The character creation rules and regulations can be found here in case you want to look them over. I would like to say that if you have a long running or established character they are very welcome. The richer the story the better.

Delta Echo

Count me in as interested. I'll see if I can get a character and background together in the morning. :)
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

TheVillain

I am too, similar circumstances. What's the class balance so far? I got a few ideas, need a bit of help with trimming.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Cythieus

So far there is a Cleric/Scout (NPC), Bard, Paladin, Artificer, Ranger, Sorcerer, and Barbarian. Really can't be sure who all is playing since people seem to have slowed for the holidays.

TheVillain

How attached are you to that Cleric NPC? I can probably be convinced to make a healer.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Cythieus

Pretty attached, there's nothing wrong with having two of the same type of character. But she was made to primarily heal because no one took Cleric and there's going to be a lot of undead and a lot of need to heal later. I had someone that wanted to play a Druid earlier, which might also come to be helpful healing.

Delta Echo

Would a Swashbuckler be OK for submitting? I have a sheet ready, just need to fix up his background.

O&O - A&A

Cythieus

Swashbuckler would be fine actually. Have you seen the variant for it from Pathfinder?

Delta Echo

Nope - I've got the Complete Warrior version. :)
I saw the Pathfinder Core Book (and Bestiary) in Borders today, but it was $50 I don't have. :(
O&O - A&A

Cythieus

The Pathfinder Swashbuckler gets a class feature that's like sneak attack, its called thrust and it does 1d6 at first and grows to be like 4d6 in the end, it's not super strong but they also have FORT +2 and REF +2 to start.

Katina Tarask

Swashbuckler isn't in the core book anyways; it's in Tome of Secrets.

And most of what's in the core book is OGL, available on the Pathfinder SRD.  And you can download some free new classes that are in beta for the advanced player's guide; right now, Oracle, Cavalier, Summoner, and Witch.  The Summoner it totally worth a look and would be worth converting back to 3.5 for its sheer awesomenity.  Tentacle rapist as a character class.  Gotta love it.

Delta Echo

@Katina: That does sound...ah...fun. :p And thanks for the link, I enjoy having dead trees to peruse but that can help me get a feel for  the system at least.

@Azrael: Sounds pretty cool. That's something I'll be reading up on when I can get it. But the real question is, do PF swashbucklers get proficency in the whip? It's always bugged me that (in 3.5) they don't have it, it's totally part of the package! ;)

As for my swashbuckler for here, how do I apply? by PM?
O&O - A&A

Cythieus

You can apply by PM sure, eventually you will need to post in the thread. And the whip I never thought about but I'm a huge fan of the Elvan Thinblade, I won't even make a Swash if I can't have that.

Delta Echo

Gotcha. And of course. ;)

To me, Zorro is the archetypical swashbuckler, which means a sabre (or rapier...) and a whip. :D
O&O - A&A

Cythieus

Vandren

Still need more PCs?  I'm considering joining a new game, probably D&D 3.5 since the last one I was in died out.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei