Pandora || Rebirth of a God - Interest check *new added plot*

Started by la dame en noir, December 04, 2015, 10:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

The king is deathly ill, someone must act in his place.

The people adore her, but she has plans for them all.

Cruel, uncaring, and ruthless - she turns the great country into a slum slowly.

But the citizens were defiant, ignoring her charges and constant need for unnecessary order..

Eventually, she became bored - bored with their fighting back

This boredom and angry led to the unleash of Pandora's Box, bringing out every horror imaginable. With now limitless power, she used it to force her reign down upon them. Now, it is up to the select few who were burden with the gift of their gods to bring peace to the world they once knew.

This is Pandora || Rebirth of a God

Notes: This is simply an interest thread. Once I have garned enough input, interest, etc - I will post not only the character sheet, but the complete plot and everything inbetween. This is also LGBTQ friendly and encouraged.

The inspiration comes from many gods in many cultures and I hope this brings some originality.

Land 1(Argen): Norse/Greek culturally inspired
Land 2(Indus): Indian/Chinese culturally inspired
Land 3(Eyix): Yoruba/Egyptian/Arabic inspired

**New** World Building Thread

Interested Players ||

• tyr4n02r
  • Cassandra LeMay
  • Wolfling72
  • MythicalMorpheus69
  • Niki315
  • TheRaven
  • Landshark
  • DudelRok
  • Belisuavious
  • Chulanowa - Tentative
  • Garuss Vakarian
  • Phantomhive
  • Fury Aphrodisia
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

la dame en noir

Game Notes

•   There will be a detailed outline of every country in the game. I will have a world-building thread made specifically for this RP, so please make sure to check out.
•   This is story driven with tons of character interaction, I encourage you all to make connections of some sort.
•   The Story has room for combat, war, death, etc. If you're not okay with death, please make sure we all know.
•   You have the choice of making a; Human, Orc, Elf, or Human/Animal Hybrid
•   Please participate as much as you would like as far as plotting goes. I am the only GM for this game, so everyone can have a say in how things should go. I will always want you guys to be happy.
•   I don’t trust anyone who has a Space Cow
This group game will take place in extreme for the sake of making this RP as violent and free for writing whatever is possible. The only thing I ask that you not use Snuff or any sort in your scenes. Snuff is highly disturbing.
•   There are main characters (those that are god-blooded) and supporting characters. Each are equal and are important.

Rules

•      Please follow E’s Rules and I shall be a happy camper.
•   Your GM’s for this game will be me (la dame en noir). If you have any questions regarding this game and its format or any issues with any of the players, please contact me.
•   Backseat GMing will not be tolerated in this game. We appreciate and welcome feedback and suggestions, but anything beyond that will be swift kick in the rear.
•   All character profiles can be posted her, but must be PM’d for official approval. When PMing your character profile please label it as your character’s name.
•   Questions regarding this game can be posted here or pmed directly to me.
•   NO SNUFF ALLOWED!!!.
•   Drama is not allowed in the Interest thread or OOC. Disagreements and debates are welcome, but berating, nitpicking, or otherwise being very mean to any of the players will not be tolerated.
•   I am open to character and mission ideas. Just PM me a premise and we can see about working it into the game.  That way, they can make their own missions from time to time. Give the players a bit of interactive control.
•   This is a literate roleplay which means….I expect quality in everyone’s post. Please take the time to make at least 3 to 4 paragraphs a post, if it’s 1 paragraph or a few sentences, I will think that you’re not interested in the story or character development.
•   I do not expect everyone to post 10 times a day, 7 days a week. I do however expect players to put a little time and dedication into the roleplay. If you’re in a scene with someone, do not leave them hanging for weeks at a time. Please be courtesy and let us all know if you have to take time away and will be back. Real life happens, shit happens – I understand.
•      This is LGBTQ friendly and encouraged!
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

Eslos, the world in which many inhabit, before a quiet place with nothing but plants and the like to live freely. Before long, humanoid creatures arrived, creating chaos for the already populated world - until dominance was established. In its wake, three strong nations were formed by people of different ideals and walks of live. Argen, Eyix and Indus - all forged and created their own rules and culture. For centuries, they knew nothing of each other, having only the land they inhabited to claim and conquer. But as civilizations grow, so does their want to discover more. When it was known that there were others in the world, conflict and misunderstandings occurred. The people beat each other to near extinction to prove who was more powerful and capable of controlling all of Eslos. It was at this time that a great military ruler brought together leaders of these lands to make a truce. As a form of negotiation, he made them agree to never fight unless it was absolutely necessary.

Thus Easora was established, center of the three continents, where the many inhabitants migrated and lived in a unified nation. Thalanil, the great king civilians called him, was the elven man responsible for a unified Eslos. He was fair, kind, and many looked up to him. For thousands of years, the kingdom was under the watchful eye of Thalanil, keeping peace between the three and the smaller tribes from breaking out in war. In these years, Easora became the emissary for everything; Trading, goods, entertainment, culture, interspecies relations, and politics. Easora had become the defintion of unity amongst many.

Now in his old age, Thalanil appointed a human woman to be his trusted guide and ear for all of Easora. She relayed messages to the people and had the same spirit the great king had. The civilians loved her as they loved him. She would frequently making her way through the slums of Easora, giving the helpless families food and water to get through. She established unions, jobs, and overall, happiness for everyone. Not having an heir to pass his legacy too, he trusted Vivienne to take over and continue the good he had done. With hands behind her back and fingers crossed, she promised him to continue on the legacy of the Great King Thalanil.

In recent events, the king had fallen deathly ill, giving him only a few days (at most) to live. The citizens were saddened and angered, but felt better knowing that Vivienne would be able to guide them through. Vivienne, had other plans in store for them. Inside she was ruthless, uncaring, and cruel. Inside, Vivienne was only there to persuade enough people into think she was a good person, the kind of person meant to carry his legacy after his death. Little did they know that was something very different about her.

Vivienne was a witch, but not just the witches who did magic and healing. She was necromancer, practicing in conjuring up the dead and fooling with blood magic. If one of her kind were ever found, that would be stripped of their powers as punishment, if found committing a heinous crime against any creature, living or dead. In a connection of string of murders and 'walking dead', it was on alert that there may be in fact a necromancer running around causing the turmoil for the people of Easora.

As the king died slowly, so did his beautiful kingdom. Vivienne took it upon herself to call for a 'cleansing' of all witches in warlocks in Easora. Guards would kidnap innocent people at night, dragging them to an unkempt dungeon where they were tortured, questioned, and sometimes even killed. The civilians fought back, angry not only at the sudden rise in the sudden rise in taxes, but the cruelty she showed many mages - both young and old.

After losing control, she turned to her only means of controlling them. By opening Pandora's box, she unleashed an army of monsters this world had only known in their legends and lore. This box gave her limitless power, forcing them to behave by any means necessary. Upon the opening of the box, gods and goddesses of the nations surrounding were released. Their spirits enchanted a select few. Now with the powers of the gods, they are given the task to bring back order and close Pandora's box before its too late.

This is Easora
This is Pandora: Rebirth of a God
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

Character Profile

WIP
[float=left][img padding=7 height=350]http://fcds-wikipedia.wikispaces.com/file/view/insert-picture-here.jpg/409139832/insert-picture-here.jpg[/img][/float]
[b]Writer[/b] ||

[b]Name:[/b] [try to fit the place they come from]
[b]Age:[/b] [remember to check the world building thread]
[b]Gender:[/b] [female/male/gender-fluid]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] [Human/Orc/Elf/Half-]

[b]Birthplace:[/b] [check world-building thread]
[b]Currently Residing:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b] [Check world building thread for ideas]

[b]God-Blooded (y/n):[/b] [there are is a total of 6 god-blooded)
[b]Their Deity:[/b] [check world building thread]

[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Skill/Trade:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b]
[b]Offs:[/b]

F.A.Q
Q: What is god-blooded?
God-blooded are those that have been given the power(or possessed) of their deity. They inherit most powers that their god or goddess beholds, making them, in a sense, super human.

Q: Is there a limit to how many god-blooded their are?
For now, I would say no more than 6, but I could add more depending on how big the rp becomes.

Q: How many players are allowed in the game?
I'm going for a big group game kind of thing. I want there to be a wide array of characters, so as for now - no limit

Q: If there is only six god-blooded, what does that leave for anyone else?
Their is plenty of room for other characters, you do not need to have a god-blooded character to keep the game interesting. You can still be a human mage from Indus and add plenty to the story. The god-blooded are just there to straighten things out.

Q: Can I make more than one god-blooded character?
No, I want this to be fair.
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

tyr4n02r

*Peaks head from around the corner of previous interest poll*

Is it time to come out yet?
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

la dame en noir

yassss

I might disappear again, I'm playing The Wolf Among Us.
A&A | FxF |

tyr4n02r

I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Cassandra LeMay

Interested. I'm thinking about maybe a "dashing desert rider" type of combat-oriented character, or maybe someone more focused on knowledge and healing. Not sure yet, but it's likely it'll end up being a character from the "pseudo-Arabian" corner of the world.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

la dame en noir

Oo! I haven't really figured out my character, but I don't think I will be making her "god-blooded"
A&A | FxF |

Wolfling72

plants flag for the gods of land three...*nods*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

tyr4n02r

Arabian world, with a history in Chinese (maybe went to school there?)

Land 2, just got an idea...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

la dame en noir

Dont worry, each place will have an outline culture, name, history...plus their religious practices, the races that live within etc..
I will also be making a bestiary.
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

MythicalMorpheus69

Mithic....

la dame en noir

Yay! I'm slowly working on the world-building thread. It'll probably be up tomorrow. :D
A&A | FxF |

MythicalMorpheus69

Can't wait! Aha so we doing our own character sheets/bio's or..?
Mithic....

la dame en noir

No, I will make a character sheet. It's just not up because I have stuff I need to give you guys before you start building. This is just the interest check for now.
A&A | FxF |

MythicalMorpheus69

Mithic....

Niki315

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say I'm interested in joining, as I was a part of the other interest thread. I look forward to playing with you all.

TheRaven

Also popping in to show some interest from the previous thread.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Landshark

gotta couple ideas in mind. Have to see what will work best and how god-blooded works before I can thin out the ideas though :P

DudelRok

Let us see how this transpires, shall we?

Color me intrigued. o.o

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

la dame en noir

Woot! Glad to have you all. Ill be finishing more of the details today.
A&A | FxF |