Illegible Blue Screen event - (Updated)

Started by Oniya, November 28, 2015, 09:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

I have been upgraded to Windows 10, and everything was working fine yesterday.  I was able to use all my usual applications, and shut down for the night.

This morning, when I went to start my computer, it cycled the startup a few times, and then gave me a completely illegible blue screen - if you've ever played with the horizontal hold on an old TV, this is how illegible it was.  Literally no coherently connected pixels, so I have no error message to work from.  I did a restore back to 11/26 9PM (which was when it was freshly updated and working fine), but no dice.  I was finally able to get functional with Safe Mode plus Networking.  All drivers appear to be up-to-date according to my Device Manager.  (Although, I am suspecting it's still an issue with my Display Driver from the symptoms.)

EDIT:  Okay - it seems to be behaving now.  But could someone tell me why reinstalling my printer driver would correct a problem that caused such a massive display glitch?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MasterMischief

You're not using an HP computer are you?  I can't imagine a printer driver causing anything like you were explaining.  I have had some odd display issues when my cable worked loose.  I would think it would either be on or off, not screw up my screen, but that was what it did.