Final Fantasy VII: Midgar Chronicles

Started by Florence, October 26, 2012, 08:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

Good timing for me to get INCREDIBLY sick and be unable to post, eh? I was hoping the game hadn't started and I was holding people up XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

SargentToughie

Well, don't feel the need to rush it if you're still having issues. I'm sure most of us will still be here whenever you're finally back for good.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Florence

I intend on finishing the materia list tonight! Sitting down with a glass of merlot and the text document open in front of me xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Florence

Here is the Magic Materia! Command, Summon, Support and whatever else there is to come. I've left the elemental materia intentionally vague to allow a little freedom in their execution. For example, blizzard could be used to chuck an ice block at a target, or an ice spike. I admit, there could be more polish to this list, but with the numerous distractions the past few weeks, I've been pressed for time to work on this. If there are any questions, things that need expanding on, suggestions, or perhaps simply magic I've failed to list, please feel free to speak up. Though I will point out I've intentionally left out certain materia, either because they've been combined into others (Comet and Ultima have been combined into Ruin, for example) or because I felt they didn't fit with the rp. If you feel like one I've left out SHOULD be included, feel free to suggest it. I may have simply missed it, or I may be persuaded to change my mind.

Magic Materia:

Attack Magic-
Ice-
Blizzard: Weak ice attack.
Blizzara: Ice attack.
Blizzaga: Strong ice attack.

Fire-
Fire: Weak fire attack.
Fira: Fire attack.
Firaga: Strong fire attack.

Thunder-
Thunder: Weak thunder attack.
Thundara: Thunder attack.
Thundaga: Strong thunder attack.

Earth-
Quake: Weak earth atack.
Quakera: Earth attack.
Quakega: Strong earth attack.

Wind-
Aero: Weak wind attack.
Aerora: Wind attack.
Aeroga: Strong wind attack.

Water-
Water: Weak water attack.
Watera: Water attack.
Waterga: Strong water attack.

Light-
Dia: Weak light attack.
Diara: Light attack.
Diaga: Strong light attack.

Dark-
Dark: Weak dark attack.
Darkra: Dark attack.
Darkaga: Strong dark attack.

Ruin-
Ruin: Conjurs a ball of non-elemental energy.
Comet: Conjurs small meteorites
Ultima: Causes a blast of powerful non-elemental energy.

Status Magic-
Poison-
Bio: Inflicts a mild magical poison.
Biora: Inflicts a magical poison.
Bioga: Inflicts a heavy magical poison.

Seal-
Sleep: Renders target unconcious.
Silence: Renders the target unable to speak or cast spells.

Mystify-
Confuse: Disorients target.
Berserk: Fills target with a blinding rage.

Transform-
Mini: Shrinks target down to a tiny size.
Toad: Turns the target into a toad.

Support Magic-
Restore-
Cure: Stimulates natural healing mildly.
Cura: Stimulates natural healing.
Curaga: Greatly stimulates natural healing.

Heal-
Poisona: Heals magical poison.
Esuna: Heals magically induced negative status effects. (It can remove the effects of Sleep magic, but not if someone is knocked out through extensive damage.)
Resist: Resists transformation magic.

Revive-
Raise: Rouses an unconcious target.
Arise: Rouses an unconcious target back to full strength.

Barrier-
Barrier: Raises a protective shield against physical attacks.
Shell: Raises a protective shield against magical attacks.
Reflect: Reflects magic back at the caster.
Wall: Raises a protective shield against all attacks.

Misc. Magic-
Gravity-
Gravity: Mildly alters the gravity of an area.
Gravira: Alters the gravity of an area.
Graviga: Heavily alters the gravity of an area.

Drain-
Absorb: Drains targets health to restore caster's.
Osmose: Drain's targets magical stamina to restore caster's.

Time-
Haste: Speeds up target's movements.
Slow: Slows down targets movements.
Stop: Stops a target's movements.

Destruct-
Debarrier: Removes protective magic from target.
Despell: Removes support magic effects from target.
Death: Instantly kills target.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

TheHangedOne

So, do we get to pick our Materia, or will it be assigned? Also, I found an easy to reference list of Materia if you'd like; maybe you have it or something else like it, but figured it would help: http://www.ffshrine.org/ff7/ff7_materia.php
Check out my poet tree!

Florence

A little of both. I'll work out a list of available materia for each role, and you each can pick which of those to use.

Florence

Just wanna check to make sure we're all still here! I've got the rest of the materia stuff in the works, and in the next day or two plan on finishing up all the materia at the least. After that, there's not much work left to do before I can start up the IC. Despite the back to back shitty weather here, things are progressing nicely! :D

SargentToughie

If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Revenent

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

AidenWhite

My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Rachubka

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Revenent

Quote from: TheHangedMan on November 13, 2012, 10:43:31 PM
*Sighs and starts digging the grave.*  :'(

I misinterpreted that as you digging up her grave, and that had some very disturbing implications.

SargentToughie

Ons and offs

TheHangedOne

What, you wouldn't play with a zombie? Are you some kind of species-ist, Rev?  :P I kid, I kid.  And blargh, Sargie, pretty sure those guys should've been left in their graves.
Check out my poet tree!

Latooni Subota

Here, but I'm hopped up on antibiotics. I still haven't gotten healthy enough to write properly yet. Seriously, this is balls. :(
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Florence

Its alright Latooni the work is getting along nicely, but I think it'll still take a little while to get everything to the point I'm ready to launch the story.

Florence

Command and Independent materia are proving slightly frustrating to translate into forum rp, due to some obvious logic. (ie. Even without the materia, obviously someone could still steal from someone.) That said, I'll try to get this all ironed out and have the rest of the materia up by the end of this week.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Florence

Quote from: TheHangedMan on November 18, 2012, 07:54:01 AM
If you'd like, I could try to help.

I'm up for any suggestions as to how command and independent materia should be handled

TheHangedOne

Eeee, looking over the lists, I can see why you're having troubles with them. Well, I have some suggestions, and I'll post them here. Feel free to use them, ignore them, be inspired, what have you.

Also, I will admit right up front, I'm really stretching to make some of these work.
Independent
Cover: Drives the bearer to subconsciously notice and intercept attacks aimed at those companions nearest to him/her.
HP Plus: Increases the bearer's natural resiliency, allowing them to take more injuries before suffering negative effects.
MP Plus: Stores magical energy, providing a sort of reservoir for spellcasters to draw upon.
Mega All: Messes around with the fabric of reality itself, causing actions to be applied to multiple targets.
Counter Attack: (Remove this one?)
HP<--> MP: (Remove this one?)
Long Range: Alters reality around the Materia, causing the item it is slotted to to increase its size, without increasing its weight or throwing its balance off.
Pre-emptive: Grants the bearer the ability to sense hostile intent, allowing them to notice opponents.
Chocobo Lure: Makes the item this Materia is slotted to smell like Gysahl Greens, which will draw the attention of Chocobos.
Enemy Lure: Makes the item this Materia is slotted to smell of blood, drawing predatory animals towards what they believe to be a fresh kill.
Enemy Away: Makes the item this Materia is slotted to smell of some foul, harsh chemicals; few creatures will brave the noxious odor to attack the bearer.
Gil Plus: (Remove this one?)
EXP Plus: Alters the bearers mind to make learning easier.
Luck Plus: Has a small, reality altering effect that causes results to better benefit the bearer, to a small degree.
Magic Plus: Enhances the bearers spiritual power, making their magic stronger.
Speed Plus: Enhances the bearers musculature, allowing them to move more quickly.
Underwater: Gives the bearer gills, allowing them to breathe underwater.

Command
Steal: (Remove this one?)
Morph: This Materia causes its bearer to take on the form and abilities of certain creatures, the memories of which are sealed inside the Materia.
Enemy Skill: The bearer of this Materia is able to perfectly mimic the abilities of others that they observe, drawing upon magic if necessary.
W-item: (Remove this one?)
W-Summon: Synergizes the bearers soul with summoned entities, allowing them to summon multiple ones at the same time.
Mime: (Remove this one?)
Manipulate: Magically disables the targets will, turning them into little more than a marionette for the bearer of this Materia.
Deathblow: (remove this one?)
Throw: (Remove this one?)
Sense: Allows the bearer to intuit the general strengths and weaknesses of a target.
W-magic: Synergizes the bearers soul with the magical forces of the world, allowing them to cast multiple spells at the same time.
Slash-all: This Materia creates an invisible shockwave with every attack from a weapon, which travels and deals damage to those around the target.
Double-cut: Causes the weapon this Materia is attached to to deal twice as much damage as it should (same effect as a consecutive attack; else, get rid of it?).

I realize I'm not much of a help, but I hope this is something you can make use of.
Check out my poet tree!