Mistress Maria's Jewelry and Pawn Shop (Intrest Check)

Started by Xenolord, February 08, 2011, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolord

THE STORY:
On the corner of Main Street and Broadway, there is a pawn shop owned by a strange, green-haired woman with soothingly eerie red eyes. She has the power to see the gold beneath even the grittiest piece of detritus and debris ever to walk into her store, to turn all the junk into profit, a skill all but lost in the bustling metropolis of a city in which she carves her living. She treats all who walk between the Gates of Gold as though they were Zeus himself, come to Earth to browse what she has on display.

However, there are rumors ravaging the city streets that Maria is not who she claims to be, that the gold which she sells on street level pales in comparison to the platinum which lies not far below the surface. It is said that below the gold, guns and gems inside the store lies a final out, a last-resort for people who find themselves too far in debt, and not enough earthly possessions to sell or pawn to break even, a condition best described as 'Rock Bottom'. When one walks into this pawn shop and speaks to Maria, and speak of Life's Reset to be shown a new level of heaven, and of hell. For below the glitz and glam of the city above, lies a trade of humans, of living beings who have sold the only possession they have left, themselves, to gain a second chance at life. If they pass the rigorous training 'Mistress' Maria puts them through, and manages to live and retain sanity long enough, a period of five years, they will be re-integrated into society with a fresh, wiped slate, and provided with a third of the money they earned the Mistress during their stay.

THE IDEA:
Okay, a wierd idea I got from watching an episode of Hardcore Pawn on TruTV. The premise is you (The player) will play either an Item (The person who sells themselves to Maria) or a Buyer (Someone who is aware of the trade and visits for pleasure purposes). Items and Buyers can be either gender and, as much as I'm going to regret this, I am not restricting what can happen within the Pawn Shop, so long as both parties agree.

I would like to have at least 3 Items and maybe a Buyer or two. I will be playing both Mistress Maria and be GMin' the game.

THE RULES:
The rules are simple. The Players who are playing the Items will find themselves on Mistress Maria's doorstep with a single request, to be free of the pain and suffering of their tail spun lives, to loose their individuality in hopes of one day recovering it. Some Items (Who, if we have a plethora of) will be playing indentured employees of the Pawn Shop above, helping the Mistress carry out the mundane tasks of the White Collar job above, while simultaneously keeping the subterranean goings on secret, and fulfilling their contracts.

CHARACTER RESTRICTIONS:
There are a few, but not many.

FOR ITEMS: Items can either choose to be New Stock (Slang for the newcomers, a title which ends after a month's time), Current Stock (Slang for Items who have been in the Mistress's 'employ' for a period of anywhere from one month to three years), or Back Stock (Slang for Items who have been in the 'employ' of Mistress Maria for a period of anywhere from three years to six months before their contract expires). The age restrictions for Items is between 18 and 25 (Keeping in mind your Stock title), and can be from a menagerie of backgrounds and histories.

FOR BUYERS: Buyers can choose to be either New Clientele (People recently discovering Mistress Maria's services) and Returning Customers (Ones who have come back three or more times). Age restrictions for Buyers is between 18 and 45 (Can be raised, but not too high), and can be from a menagerie of backgrounds and histories, holding a wide-variety of professions, can be either married, engaged, or anything in between, and can come to the Mistress for any number of reasons.

As far as race is concerned, I'm incorporating some Fantasy elements, so non-human races are accepted (Elves, Anthromorphs, Orcs, et cetera.) If it's anything WAY out there, just seek GM approval. This applies to both Buyers and Items.

As far as Characters are concerned, I'm incorporating some Fantasy elements, so such 'conditions' as lycanthropy, vampirism, et cetera are allowed. This applies to both Buyers and Items.

There is no gender requirements for Buyers or Items, and there is no restriction on what kind of 'purchase' a Buyer can make (I'll probably promote one of the other players to GM any male\male purchases).

So, what I have to ask of you, is are there any buyers who would be interested in the Mistress's services, and any Items who are desperate enough to sell their very bodies for a change to return to society more finacially wealthy?

subrob99

Umm this RP seems very interesting. I am interested in being an item. I would like to play a hard on his luck character where everything seems to end in death for him and would like a chance to turn it a around by submitting to the pawnshop as a new comer.

Xenolord

Awesome! Thanks for showin' some interest. I'm gonna wait and see if I can't get some more interest before we begin with characters.\

Sethala

I'm interested.

I'll likely play as a Catgirl Item.  Not sure what kind of story I'll have for myself.  Since it seems the items will be long-term and buyers will be short-term, would you mind if someone played as multiple characters at different times?

Xenolord

We can work something along those lines. Maybe allow everyone to choose a Buyer and Item, that way when things happen, you can just pair off. I dunno, we can work it out.

Sethala

Eh, I'd say don't think too hard about it... like I said, it seems like something like this would work well if there were a lot of buyers that show up either rarely or only once, and several items that are always "available".  Or at least, it would give people a chance to show up and play out a scene without needing any real commitment (and perhaps have more scenes later, if they like it).

Anyway, my character:

Name: Reann
Species: Nekomimi (cat-girl)
Classification: New Stock

Reann never should have trusted that weasel.  Jamie was his name, and at first he seemed like a nice guy.  Charming, witty, handsome... until she woke up one morning to find him missing, and in his place several letters from collection agencies.  The amount she owed was staggering, to say the least, far more than she could earn in a decade.  How he managed to even get so much money loaned to him, she could never figure out.  But she had more pressing matters to attend to.  She tried to fight the debt, tried to prove that she wasn't the one that took the money, but she had no way to prove that it was Jamie's fault, not hers, and the debtors wouldn't take no for an answer.  Thankfully, a kind soul had recommended this place, and that Maria could make all her problems vanish, if she were willing to do whatever she was asked.

Reann had no idea what exactly she was walking in to... but anything had to be better than being arrested for a fraud she didn't commit, right?

Xenolord

Looks like a good character, Sethala. Good solid background, thank you.

If you're still interested, Subrob, go ahead and create your character and throw him up here, so we have a starting point.

As for future people who wish to join, lemme give a list of potential races one can play (These are only examples.)

Nekomimi (A race of catgirls with lithe, limber forms. The distinquishing feature of the Nekomimi are cat ears, tails, and supurb night vision. Their agility is high, but they lack stamina. Can be only female.)

Shem (A race of dragonwomen with hearty bodies and strong muscles. The distinquishing feature of the Shem are their draconic-like scales covering their entire bodies and the wings upon their back. They are fairly agile, but have a high constitution. Can be only female.)

Human (Abundant and common, humans neither excel or fail in any one field, and can choose to be anything in the world. Can be either gender.)

Ca'nenth (Satyr like and stocky, the Ca'nenth are a vigorous, nearly violent race who have recently come to earth. The distinquishing features of the Ca'nenth are goat-like legs and hooves, small horns upon their head and long, talon-like claws upon their hands. They are very strong, but lack agility. Can only be Male.)

Ah-neh`Sha (Lizard-like and brutal, the Ah-neh`Sha are a tall and crafty race who take pride in their heritage. The distinquishing feature of the Ah-neh`Sha is their long, serpentine tongue and lizard-like scales on their body, and long tail. The Ah-neh`Sha have incredible Stamina and intellignece, but lack strength or agility. Can only be male.)

Netherbeing (Image is only an example.) (A scientific impossibility, the Netherbeings are creatures who have been touched by celestial forces, be they god, goddess, or demon. Once human, the Netherbeings have splintered and created their own 'race' from others of their ilk. Physically no different from humans, they can choose to excel in any one area, while it's opposite suffers. Can be either gender.)

Now, again, these are just examples. If there's osmething out there you want specific, don't be afraid to put it down! Also, don't forget to mention in what condition the person is in. Conditions include:

Normal: There's nothing wrong with this person.

Prophric Hemophilia: This person is infected with Prophric Hemophilia, and is turning into a vampire.

Vampirism: This person is a vampire.

Saenis Lupenis: This person is infected with Saenis Lupenis, and is turning into a werewolf.

Lycanthropy: This person is a werewolf.

These are alos, just examples. Don't forget to include sexuality, likes, dislikes and a description of the person, or picture. I suppose I should post up an official character sheet....

Player Name: (You)
Character Name:
Race:
Condition:
Sexuality:
Dislikes: (Of both a sexual and mundane nature.)
Description\Picture: (Either or both, doesn't bother me.)
Background: (What brought them to the Pawn Shop.)

If you guys have feedback, lemme know.

CaringGuy

I'm uber interested in becoming an Item!  This just sounds like far too much fun to pass up~ 

Player Name: CaringGuy

Character Name:  Celeste (has no clear memory of his last name)

Race: Netherbeing

Condition:  Is a recently converted Netherbeing on a mission.  He wishes not to associate with others touched by deities, as Celeste believes that he has been touched been touched by the one 'truly righteous deity', and does not wish to corrupt its message with those of others.  Often times he has a difficult recalling what it was like to be human or his prior history, though it does occasionally come to him in flashes.

Sexuality:  Had much preferred women within his lifetime as a human being, but is now open to discovering as many avenues as possible.  He wishes to embrace everyone who wishes to embrace him.

Likes:  To be treated fairly and lovingly by those he meets.  In return, he treats most everyone he meets with kindness and understanding.  He greatly enjoys passionate kisses during intercourse, though understands that many are not quite as open to it as he is.  His tastes and preferences for food have been entirely wiped since his transformation.  He enjoys it all immensely, and wishes to eat as many different varieties of food and drink as many variations of drink as is possible within his time on the planet.

Dislikes:  He dislikes being treated badly.  He hates being beaten up or having forceful and violent sexual encounters.  Though in his quest he has come to terms with encountering such things, it does not please him.

Description\Picture:

Minus the aviator goggles and minus the coke bottle.  I'm thinking that he's extremely attractive and has a certain charm to him, but he also has an 'every man' flavor.  Sort of like an under your nose saint, in a way.  Except he has sex a lot.  Not so saintly in traditional terms.

Background:  After having come into contact with what he believes to have been a God-like force, he is on a quest to experience what it is like to be on the very bottom of humanity.  Having stripped himself of all of his possessions (which he has no memory of obtaining), he sets out to find himself and... as he had been told, the very essence of his own sexual and human identities.  Whether he's falling a kind knowledgeable deity or just being tricked by a demon is, of course, to be questioned.  Much of his past has been entirely erased in the encounter, though he does wish to regain them someday.  At certain points he is able to remember fragments, but nothing truly concrete.

Hope to hear of new developments with this real soon!  Sounds like it'll be rather interesting.

Sethala

Alright, I guess I'll type up a full character sheet.  Also, I assume this is just going on the NC boards, not Extreme, yes?  I may have a few limits if it's the latter.

Player Name: Sethala
Character Name: Reann
Race: Nekomimi (Catgirl)
Condition: Normal
Sexuality: Bi-curious
Likes: Fish and other seafood.  Chocolate.  Enjoys long, relaxing baths.  Somewhat interested in bondage, though she's never gone very far with that.
Dislikes: Citrus fruits. Not a fan of pain or orgasm control/denial.
Description\Picture: (I'll edit this in later.)
Background: Reann never should have trusted that weasel.  Jamie was his name, and at first he seemed like a nice guy.  Charming, witty, handsome... until she woke up one morning to find him missing, and in his place several letters from collection agencies.  The amount she owed was staggering, to say the least, far more than she could earn in a decade.  How he managed to even get so much money loaned to him, she could never figure out.  But she had more pressing matters to attend to.  She tried to fight the debt, tried to prove that she wasn't the one that took the money, but she had no way to prove that it was Jamie's fault, not hers, and the debtors wouldn't take no for an answer.  Thankfully, a kind soul had recommended this place, and that Maria could make all her problems vanish, if she were willing to do whatever she was asked.

Reann had no idea what exactly she was walking in to... but anything had to be better than being arrested for a fraud she didn't commit, right?

BlueEyedBard

"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Xenolord

Sure thing, Bard, feel free to join the fun.

As far as what board it's going in, I haven't decided yet. May not be Extreme.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, CaringGuy, your avatar scares the everliving hell straight out of me. >.<

CaringGuy

I seem to get that reaction a lot.  :)  Scoring double points for the weird factor on it then.  Feeling so proud!

BlueEyedBard

Player Name: BlueEyedBard
Character Name:Huey "Stax" Newman
Race: Netherbeing
Condition: Blind
Sexuality:Straight
Likes: Innocence, Soft/smooth skin, positive attitudes, good listeners, the feeling of cold on his skin, rain, Jazz/Blues, open mindedness
Dislikes: Loud noise, ignorance, people who don't listen, pain, humiliation
Description\Picture:
He wears a black button up shirt and a white smoking jacket white pants and black leather boots. He also wears a black silk sash over his eyes.
Background: In the early 50's Huey Newman was a night club saxophone player. When he played people called him Stax and the sweet melody that his horn sang made listeners who had never frowned in their lives know what The Blues really meant. It might have been for this reason that he was chosen to be the one who got to "see".
One night after playing a gig he was approached by a woman all in red and asked if he wanted to go to Heaven. It wasn't the first time a woman had approached him just like that so naturally he accompanied the woman to her apartment. When they arrived the woman placed her hand on his head and there he saw the end of the world. It was horrifying and grotesque, humans flayed alive and the land on fire, soon there was nothing left but the charred earth and the remains of civilization. When there was nothing left to destroy the clouds above his head opened up and the woman kept her word as the light of Heaven cascaded down and showered over him. The burning white light was so bright and so pure that his mortal eyes couldn't take it and were burned away, his pupil and his iris gone leaving just sightless white orbs in his head.
After that night he wandered the streets trying to tell people of what he saw, trying to warn them of what would come, but he found, along with his eyes, his mouth could not speak the words of what would come. Since then he has wandered the streets seeing not only the grim future of the world but also the grim futures of various people who pass him by on a daily basis, but he cannot tell them of these visions. He can talk to them but the only way he can tell people of the things he sees is through his music and only those who have the ability to truly listen can hear the stories that he plays.
He has been playing his music for decades now, touching a few people but mostly collecting coins and learning about the other benefits of being touched by a goddess. The only refuge he has found over the years is at a place that seems to draw the truly perceptive to its doors Mistress Maria's.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

Xenolord

Oooooh... deep. Good to have you aboard, Bard. We can either wait for another Item, or hit the game straight away. What's the vote?

BlueEyedBard

On/Off

CaringGuy

Sethala

I'm fine with starting it up now.  It's easy enough for new Items to come in during the game, after all...

subrob99

Player Name: Subrob99
Character Name: Jason Smith
Race: normal
Condition: New Stock
Sexuality: Sub/bi curious
Dislikes: stupid drivers
Description\Picture: Rough a round the edges, some what muscular.

Background: Born in southern Florida Parents died when he was 6 years old. Has been raised by is grandma and grandpa. Did really good in school and was well liked by everyone. Received a full scholarship to Princeton. During his softmore year at school grandma died so he dropped out of school to take care of grandpa. Things were ok had an ok job and a nice girl friend. Just before my 27th birthday my grandpa died of a heart attack and I just fell a part. Because it seems like everyone I cared about died. I got in a fight with my girlfriend and started drinking and doing drugs. Then one day I was at a bar and heard someone talking about this pawnshop that had this ability to give you the good life but for a price. I was out of work and just hoping this would turn my life around and would do anything to make it happen. So I hitch hiked my way to the pawnshop.

Xenolord

OKAHY! The Pawn Shop is now open! So get on over there and post your introductions. If you'd all like to come in all at once, or one at a time, it doesn't matter to me. Just get in there and have some fun.

Sethala

Just a quick thought, it might not be best to combine the OOC thread and character thread.  Keeping them separate means players can have conversations in the OOC thread, and anyone that wants more info on a specific character can find it more easily without having to wade through several pages of posts...

Xenolord

Huuuum... good point... Okay, I'll dat. Thanks for pointin' it out.

On that note: We have an OOC Thread
We also have a Character Thread

So get on over and start postin'!