Warhammer 40k: Deathwatch - Interest Check

Started by E1Alpha, June 27, 2015, 02:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E1Alpha

So I've recently gotten my fire lit again for some Space Marine action, but the tabletop roleplay for Deathwatch is a rather unbalanced ugly mess.
So now it crossed my mind to perhaps try and run a bit of freeform Deathwatch RP on the forums here. Most people I've met here are pretty skillful roleplayers in their own right, so it could work out.

Ofcourse, before I start plotting out an entire plan, I need to make sure that I have plenty of people available that can dedicate themselves to this kind of RP. I'd want to find some pretty litterary people for this, though. (One-liners tend to ruin games like these)
I'd also want to find people who won't just drop the game in the middle of it, without a single warning.

To give a bit more info on the game itself: It would probably be a mission for a Kill-team of Deathwatch marines. Be it killing Orks, Nids, Eldar or otherwise. The exact mission and how long/big it will be, I will decide later down the line.

For those interested, but don't know what WH40K is about... Google it, because it would take me too long to explain it all. Though I would prefer people that join up to atleast have some knowledge of the 40k universe.
For those that know WH40K, but don't know exactly what the Deathwatch is: The Deathwatch is the military arm of the Ordo Xenox, the branch of the Inquisition that specializes in fighting aliens. The Deathwatch consists of skilled and experienced Space Marines from various chapters, thus allowing a lot of different Space Marine chapters to come together in it, with very interesting results sometimes.

So, anyone interested? Also, any questions, feel free to toss them my way.

De Leon

I am unapproved, but
I am very interested in this game..
I know quite a lot about 40k and I am particularly interested in the Inquisition. I am able to post multiple times everyday.. Freeform is also my prefered sort of roleplay.

The only thing is that writing is not one of my strength and I am quite new to online roleplaying..
Responce Time: AaAaAaAaAaAa!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Availability: Open & Seeking RP!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RP prompts / Profile / Os & Os

E1Alpha

There's no need to be approved to take part in this game, considering it's not in the slightest adult oriented. Or atleast not adult-oriented in an erotic fashion.
As for beng new to roleplay, everybody has to start somewhere. As long as you can put your character's actions to words, all will be fine ^^
Let's hope some others express their interest aswell.

De Leon

Alright then! Let us hope some others will take interest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

De Leon

I will asume that Angry Marines is not a viable chapter for a Deathwatch Marine?  ;D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baalborn87

Will this be narrative or d10 based? (If it comes to a vote, i'd go for narrative) That being said. I'm cool for d10 based, just gotta find my copy of the rulebook.

I also have a rough idea for a character (which I'll pm you)

E1Alpha

@De Leon:
No, the Angry Marines won't cut it xD Only canon chapters, or a very good custom chapter :P

@Baalborn:
This will be narrative. I've never found the Deathwatch rules to be beautifully balanced from what I've seen.
And feel free to send me the character ^^ Though I'll be making a little template for people to follow once this goes up (if it goes up)

E1Alpha

Just gonna quickly toss this in here: I might already get this gig moving once we have 3 people up for it. So if one more person expresses interest, I'll start working on everything.

Landshark

Im in and since its narrative and not system based we can use any "good" chapter yes?

Id like to try a techmarine or a Librarian...id even be good with a special weapons guy. Chapter wise ive always liked the Dark Angels and if we can submit a well written custom chapter I have one of those as well :)

De Leon

Since from the "canon" chapters I really like or know anything about are Blood Angels, my Marine would be a first company assault veteran. (Jump pack, handflamer, and loads of power weapons included)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Landshark

Hehe well me and Baalborn are freakin gurus so if ya wanna know anything feel free to ask :P

De Leon

I remember that my first shot at RPing was when I was 14 or 15  and I participated in freind's 40k freeform adventure as Blood Angel Reclusiarch.
GM totally murrrdered my Fluff and Crunch for that character!  ::)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

E1Alpha

Landshark! Three cheers for your interest as three people is enough for me to start working on the actual RP ^^ Though more are always welcome.

And aye, any and all "good" chapters are applicable. And while I said good custom chapters can work, I will be making a character template that'll need you to have a very good grip on your chapter.
Even though it's narrative and not system-based, I will still be keeping my deathwatch rules near me, just for reference.

As for what you want to be, be it techmarine, librarian or otherwise, you are completely free in that regard ^^ though I will be limiting us to one of these "special" marines. Wouldn't want a kill-team full of Librarians now would we.

@De Leon: A Blood Angels Vanguard Veteran? Very viable pick for the Deathwatch x3 Don't pin yourself too much on your weapons, though, as I will be limiting your choice. I am even musing the idea of keeping track of your ammunition aswell ;P

Baalborn87

Quote from: E1Alpha on July 02, 2015, 05:11:25 AM
Wouldn't want a kill-team full of Librarians now would we.

Black Templar player when he realizes everyone else in his kill team is a psyker.

E1Alpha

Hah xD Awesome. Ironically enough, knowing that there is a chance we'll have a psyker, I was already looking at including a Black Templar NPC

Landshark

hehe dont worry about it im actually leaning more toward being the heavy/special weapons guy instead and just to keep things simple ill make him from a founding chapter though not one in the books. Thinking Iron Hands maybe or Salamanders though ill have to study up on them. DA are my fav but they are hard to get along with and i cant stand Space puppies.

Baalborn87

EMO SPACE MONKS!

But on a serious note. Hvy bolter, missile launcher, multi-melta, or.....OR.........Grave cannon?

E1Alpha

Keep in mind what I said about not locking yourself into weapons. I might limit the armory ;P

Landshark

Always been a big fan of the multi-melta myself :D
depends on the mission though. If they say we are going after rebelious humans ill take the hvy bolter. If we are going after Genestealers hvy flamer. Rogue militants..Missle launcher or multi-melta. Rocket launcher has the nice bennifit of frag or krak though so for rp purposes its the best imho :P

Landshark

If no hvy weapons but assault are given i preffer the melta or flamer once again depends on the enemy

E1Alpha

Well, of the things you listed, Genestealers are the most likely opponent then, considering Deathwatch is part of the Ordo Xenos :P

Landshark

Well yes they are under the ospice (?) of Ordo Xenos but if they are around and something else comes up I have little doubt they would be sent in if for no other reason than to be a stop gap till other forces arrive. Also you might get sent in on a report of an alien presence only to find out its actually demonic or some such. Problem with fighting nids is that once the actual nid army shows up the planet is basically lost. Even if you win the planet gets scorched just to be safe. Sure its not always the case but it is more often than not. Orcs are almost as bad but thankfully they dont burn planets over orcs :P Eldar are just a massive pain in the butt what with their seers and all then you have the merriad of other random aliens. Either way knowing what your fighting is always helpful when detemining your loadout.

E1Alpha

Fair enough. But worry not, you will be getting a good mission briefing along with the character template aswell. So you'll know what to prepare for.

Landshark

Cool cant wait. Baalborn you were looking at what kinda character? De Leon you sticking with an Assault style marine?

Baalborn87

Already discussed an idea with Alpha. Bare bones, He's a tactical marine. But he's a bit of a mystery.