Tales of Xernia [Pokemon Gijinka Game] [Recruitment Thread]

Started by PentheWonderful, June 26, 2021, 06:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marie Reynolds

@Choasfox, why not combine the two? Make a White Collar Criminal Type Or a Performer type that runs a type of syndicate, Maybe take some influence from burn notice a bunch of ne'er do wells how right wrongs for the disenfranchised.

Chaosfox

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on June 27, 2021, 07:39:37 AM
@Choasfox, why not combine the two? Make a White Collar Criminal Type Or a Performer type that runs a type of syndicate, Maybe take some influence from burn notice a bunch of ne'er do wells how right wrongs for the disenfranchised.

Because they are not the only two ideas I have, and  I could possibly combine those two ideas. But as I said the one requires something of an interesting set up in the characters back story. It would relate to Dimitrius's rise to power hence why I nee to talk to Vergil It would not interfere with his back story but could be an interesting idea  for how at least one of his rivals  might have been.... eliminated.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Marie Reynolds

@Choasfox Well maybe having that chat with Vergil might help you decide. What are some of your other Ideas? If you don't mind sharing and are looking for someone to help you brainstorm a bit.

Chaosfox

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on June 27, 2021, 07:51:26 AM
@Choasfox Well maybe having that chat with Vergil might help you decide. What are some of your other Ideas? If you don't mind sharing and are looking for someone to help you brainstorm a bit.

I have thought about having her be something like a lone wolf type Selling her services to the highest bidder  but refusing to take any jobs that directly pit her against Dimitrius, I have though  of having her own a alchemy shop that makes poisons,, potions and perfumes (I'm assuming potions are a thing in this universe)' I have thought about having here work For YC Marie Reynolds as you said you  might have  locals in Delinquent town.  Just kind of  various other ideas. 
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Vergil Tanner

If you have any specific ideas you need to run past me, then just PM me and we'll see what we can work out!

Though this IS the recruitment thread, and I'm seeing a lot of chatter without many character profiles.... ;)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Marie Reynolds

@Choasfox Well what kind of position would you be looking for to work for Hina. Cause some of the positions if you were looking to go with the business partner Idea with Lady Anne and working in the information brokering type of field . Some of the positions  could work well for that.

Also Just a general announcement I got some updates in my character sheet! inherent abilities and  an Egg move.

Also for my second special ability I am torn between the Hidden one Swarm or Unnerve. Will berries be used often in this game?

Vergil Tanner

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Vergil Tanner

Eh, you can flavour it differently, like making it make other Pokemon nervous or anxious. Take the spirit of the ability.

Crensler

Vandris Callaghan
Crensler

Name: Vandris Callaghan
Species [Type]: Gallade [Psychic/Fighting]
Orientation: Straight

Residence: In the Palace with the other knights

Appearance: Standing at 5'10 and weighing in at 152lb, Vandris is long and lean, his green hair kept short and his eyes a ruby red.  He might be the "younger" twin, but he's still taller, a fact he'll point out to his dear sister whenever the opportunity strikes.  He also possesses a blood red stone, in the shape of an inverted triangle, in the center of his chest and between his shoulder blades.  This serves as a focus for his psychic power and the link with his sister, who has the same stones on her own body as well.

Personality: Vandris is a young man with a need to protect others, his sense of justice and fair play well known among his fellow knights, a fact his sister will gladly exploit to her benefit.  He believes everyone should be treated with respect, as long as they don't do anything to make him feel otherwise, and is very much of the mind that it is the duty of the strong to protect the weak.  While he doesn't like to lie, he will do so if the situation calls for it.  Just don't expect him to be very good at it.  Another thing his sister takes advantage of, much to his chagrin. 

He also takes his duty to the crown fairly seriously, as to be expected from a Royal Knight, and one way to make him angry is to do something to defame the knights either by word or action.  He isn't very popular with some of his fellows as a result, but that doesn't bother him nearly as much as their poor behavior does.  Now, that isn't to say he's a stick in the mud; he enjoys having a good time as much as anyone else.  In fact, when he was younger, he used to be quite the prankster and can still get one over on his "big sister" whenever he feels she's getting too big for her drawers.  A favorite saying of his is as follows; "It is the duty of a knight to protect the innocent, shore up the weak, and punish the wicked.  For if we do not show courage in the face of evil, then who in God's name will?"

Inherent Abilities:
  • Capable of Psychic attacks
  • Supernaturally strong and fast
  • High defense against Special Attacks
  • Capable of limited "precognition" in battle due to the ability to read a foe's thoughts

Special Abilities:
  • Psychic Link - Vandris has a psychic connection with his sister, allowing him to communicate with her telepathically, sense when she's in danger, and, to a limited degree, share sensations as well.  The link can be dulled or muted thanks to practice, allowing for the avoidance of... awkward situations.  This ability works better depending on how close the twins are to each other and works as follows:
    Tier 1 - Ranges from zero to two hundred feet.  Here the most clarity is allowed, giving them the ability to talk to one another as if holding a regular conversation.
    Tier 2 - Ranges from two hundred and one to five hundred feet.  Ability to communicate diminishes, allowing only short sentences to convey meaning.
    Tier 3 - Ranges from five hundred and one to one thousand feet.  Communication is limited even further, allowing only images and sensation to get across concepts to one another.
    Tier 4 - One thousand and one feet and beyond.  Communication at this range is impossible.  Only shared sensations and a general sense of direction remains.
  • Justified - Grows more powerful when struck by Dark attacks
  • Steadfast - Becomes faster whenever effected by Flinch
  • Sixth Sense - Able to sense when innocents nearby are in danger

Egg Move: Misty Terrain

Strengths: Swordsmanship, accuracy, reflexes, tactical acumen

Weaknesses: Can't lie well, a touch naïve at times, chocolate, spiders, and his sister

Likes [Non-Sexual: His sister, playing the piano, a good book, chocolate, and having fun with friends
    Dislikes [Non-Sexual]: Spiders, door duty, being underestimated, people who cruelly use others, loud, arrogant assholes, and knights who give the order a bad name

Ons: Oral, rough play, breasts in general, being ridden like a wild bronco, and romance
    Offs: Blood, anything that belongs in the toilet, the idea of being eaten alive, and tentacles

Backstory: One of a pair of twins born to the lesser noble family of Callaghan, Vandris, along with his sister, was born into a cruel set of circumstances, as his mother died giving birth to them both, leaving their father, the Lord Edward Callaghan, to raise them alone.  While the Callaghan patriarch was a good man and did his best for them, he couldn't raise a pair of trouble-prone twins and attend to his duties as a member of the nobility alone.  Enter the Lady Amelia Renova, the woman who would become their stepmother.  Thankfully she proved to be a firm, but fair, caregiver, and while they drove her to frustration at times, they came to appreciate all she did for them despite their tendency to cause havoc whenever the mood struck them.  Under her watch they were tutored in all the lessons young noble children had to learn, and more besides.  The good Lord Callaghan, meanwhile, taught them the ways of the sword and chivalry, their family descended from a long line of Royal Knights, a duty he expected one of them to uphold when they reached the age of majority.

They took to the martial lessons better than their father had hoped, pushing each other to excel in a sort of sibling rivalry that, while causing tension at times, only served to better them both.  One thing that never went away as they grew, however, was the odd bond the pair of them shared, something they had never truly discussed with either their father or stepmother.  Some strange circumstance of their birth had gifted the twins with a psychic link, allowing the pair to sense each other from a distance, hold entire conversations without speaking, and even share a limited range of sensations.  It also allowed them to sense when the other was in danger, something they discovered when their father took them hunting one day.  Vandris had managed to get himself cornered by the very boar they hunted after being thrown from his horse and his sister rode to his rescue despite him having been separated from one another when the young man's steed took flight.  This bond would later drive both siblings to seek entry into the ranks of the Royal Knights, not an easy process to be sure, but after a long period of training, tests, and other evaluations, they did their father proud and gained entry into their esteemed ranks where they serve to this day.
Here he is, ladies and gents, my Gallade.  Hope you all like him and I look forward to being able to play him as well ^w^

Marie Reynolds

@Crenselr: Nicely done!

@Sukada: Well if you are interested in pursuing ties with Hina Please feel free to send me a pm.

Sukada

Alright, deleted my last character sheet post, here is both my characters fully fleshed out for approval. I ran with the idea for Dimitrius helping my Ampharos with her Inn in Delinquent Town, but if there's anything that needs to be changed leg me know Virgil.

Scyla Ironhide
Sukada

Name: Scyla IronHide
Species [Type]: Metagross [Steel/Psychic]
Orientation: Pansexual/Demisexual

Residence: Small plot of land along the North Road on the borders of The Deepwoode, Spends most of her nights in the Royal Guards Barracks in the City

Appearance:

Scyla is relatively short compared to a lot of others in the guard, coming in at 5' 6, what she lacks in height she makes up for in power. She is incredibly strong, the armor she wears as part of the guard weighs in excess of 600 pounds, the cobalt blue metal plates cover her black catsuit clad body, layered over her shoulders, arms, and legs, ending in 3 clawed boots indicative of her species. Her skin has a blue tinge to it, flesh fused with metal, and her eyes are a deep red, with long, black hair down to her waist when loose hidden by her helmet. Her movement in her armor can be somewhat limited, but this is made up for by the dual, clawed arms that are growing from her back. She is able to throw punches capable of cracking stone with her hands, and her extra can act independently of her main arms, capable of slashing through metal with ease, lifting extreme amounts of weight, and crush boulders with their strength. Her eyes are a deep red, often appearing emotionless, and always seeming to be calculating and figuring out some problem in front of her.

When not on duty she sheds the armor plates, often opting for just her catsuit, her metal arms fold against her back like a set of wings for ease of movement. Her body is shapely, legs sleek and smooth, coming to wide hips that have a tendency to sway when not clad in armor, a hint of her smooth pussy can be seen when naked, her lips and inner folds a deeper blue than the rest of her body, and a tight firm butt from all the physical conditioning required for fighting in her armor. Her waist is slender, leading to a flat stomach and a pair of C-cup breasts, the nipples the same deeper blue as her sex. Across her chest, usually hidden by her suit is a white X, the center of which lies directly between her breasts, with the arms of the X moving across the top and bottom of her breasts. She is fairly simple when it comes to dress, if not in her combat armor or catsuit she wears a black slip, thin straps on her shoulders and going down to just above her knees, though that is usually only in private in her bed chambers or around those she considers close friends/comrades.

Personality:

In public Scyla is rather quite, she doesn't talk much and when she does it often comes across as emotionless, and she is fine with that portrayal. She takes her position seriously and is immensely proud of how far she has come from her humble beginnings. She is extremely intelligent, though tries not to show this aspect of herself for fear of others thinking she is trying to show them up, and will often only answer questions or give advice in situations if things look like they are going to end badly, or no one else can seem to come up with a workable solution. She is immensely loyal to Lord Commander Dantarius and the Royal Family, and will often put herself in harms way too see them protected as a good knight should.  She approaches all professional circumstances in her life in a cold and dispassionate way, seeking and carrying out the quickest most efficient method of accomplishing her goal. She believes emotion in dangerous situations can cloud judgement, and that to best do her duty she must shed those emotions and focus on the mission in front of her.

In actuality and outside the line of duty she is a very friendly and open person, quick to warm up to others she considers friends she can talk their ear off on any topic that catches her interest. Due to her intelligence she often gets bored easily when not working and has a bad case of 'oooo shiny' syndrome, getting drawn away from what she is doing to the next curiosity she sees. This also applies to her sex life, she has had few partners but she is always willing to experiment and try new things,  to learn and explore. She is also often submissive in the bedroom, being forced to give up her power and control is something that drives her wild and has her seeking to please the one allowing her the temporary escape from her in-control life.

Inherent Abilities:

• Levitation/Psychic Flight
  • Extreme Strength
  • Capable of Psychic attacks
  • Telekinesis
  • Highly resistant to physical attacks and poisons
  • Vulnerable to flames

Special Abilities:

• Clear Body - Prevents stat reduction caused by other's moves and Abilities, including Strength, Defense, and speed. (s
  • Light Metal - Psychic abilities allows her to halve the weight of her armor, increasing her mobility in battle
  • Enhanced intelligence - Her mind is the equivalent of a supercomputer, able to process information in moments and determine the course of action with the highest chance of success and solve problems others struggle with

Strengths: Intelligent, focused, skilled with a winged lance, loyal

Weaknesses: Can come across as distant and seems to act superior, hard to focus when off duty, easily distracted

Likes [Non-Sexual: Reading, running, swimming, meditating, word problems, complicated situations she can resolve
Dislikes [Non-Sexual]: Boredom, repetitiveness, unintelligent people, law breaking, vegetables.

Ons: Bdsm, force, roughness, whips, floggers, paddles, being tied up, being used as a play thing, D/s, oral (giving and receiving), pseudo Non-con, light humiliation, penetrative sex (vaginal, curious about anal)
Offs: Gore, toilet play, non-sexual roughness, vore, snuff

Backstory:

Scyla was born in a small mining village near the mountains surrounding Xernia, her family were commoners, their enhanced strength and partly metallic bodies perfect for mining out the various metals needed for the kingdom. She grew up the only child of Cynthia and Desmond Ironhide, her father Desmond died when she 5 in an accident when a mine collapsed, several tons of rock and ore from the mine too much for even his strengthened body to handle. From then on her mother struggled to provide for them, it was a tough time, guards were few and bandits often struck in the middle of the night stealing what few belongings those who couldn't protect themselves had, sometimes taking the villages as well. Cynthia Ironhide was one such person taken, just several years after Desmond time, when Scyla was 8, Cynthia was kidnapped, brought back to the bandits lair in The Deepwoode. Scyla at this point was already showing signs of extreme intelligence and knew things had to change, when she discovered her mother missing she tracked the bandits, following any small sign of them until she found their hideout 3 days later.

Upon discovering the location she used her still developing metallic arms to clumsily levitate over the crude wooden walls, hoping to get an aerial view and find her mother. What she saw shocked her, her strong powerful mother had been badly beaten, burns covering her body, her metallic arms half melted and fused together for the heat. She looked as if she had been tortured and used by the men and women of the camp, in a burst of anger and emotion Scyla lost control of her still developing abilities, her levitation failing, causing her to fall to the ground, but in it's place a psychic burst emanated from her body, a force more powerful than her still developing mind could handle, causing her to pass out. Upon waking several hours later she found that all the bandits in the camp were dead, blood pooling from their eyes and mouth, her mother however was untouched by her psychic burst, but it was far too late to save her. With her last breath she told Scyla to run, escape to the city before someone found the camp, and to make something of herself.

With tears in her eyes Scyla held her mother in her arms until the woman who gave up everything raising her passed on, a small content smile on her face at the knowledge her daughter was safe and would hopefully have a better life. After taking her mother deep into the woode and burying her in a small clearing, leaving a simple wooden cross marking the location Scyla turned away from the life she had known. Heading towards the city with only what she was carrying a a few supplies gathered from the bandit camp it took her another 4 days to reach Delinquent Town. She spent the next several years among the mistypes, occasionally wandering into Midtown to seek anything of value discarded, or a bit of spare food.

On the eve of her 17th birthday Scyla saw a notice on one of her trips through Midtown for The Xernian Guard, the notice stated that they were looking for skilled and qualified individuals to join. Thinking this was finally her chance Scyla went to the barracks the next day to put her name down on the roster for those seeking to join, at first the recruiters laughed at her, stating her small stature and past as a miner would never see her pass the training and be qualified to join. She persisted though, and convinced them to allow her to sign up, though they were sure she would wash out of training before the first week was up. Scyla persisted though, while actual combat and military formations were new to her she learned quickly. She chose as her primary weapon dual short swords, the rapid strikes she could deliver with them a good combination with her now fully developed metal arms. The extra arms were excellent at shielding her body, protecting her from her opponents blows while at the same time able to pin down her opponents movements allowing her to deliver the final strike in many of her training duels.

On the eve of graduation Scyla was near top of her squadron, having proven despite her size she had the skill and determination to excel in the Xernian guard. She was posted to a guard patrol in Midtown, living in the local barracks and quickly making a name for herself as someone who cracked down hard on criminals, especially theft, violence, and brutality against women. By the time she was 20 she was recognized for her skill and loyalty to upholding the law that she was given the option of recruitment into the Royal Guard. She accepted without hesitation, throwing herself into her new duty, and after the extensive testing process she was eventually declared fit to join their ranks. She quickly came to admire Lord Commander Dantarius, and started to base her personality while on duty on his emotionless, logical approach, remembering what happened the last time she lost control of her emotions in a stressful situation and not wanting to lose control of herself again.

Tera Joule
Sukada

Name: Tera Joule
Species [Type]: Ampharos [Electric]
Orientation: Bisexual

Residence: The Light Beacon (Inn in Castletown), Beacon of Hope (Inn in Delinquent Town)

Appearance:

Tera is a tall, voluptuous young woman, standing at 6' 1 and 155 lbs she stands out in a crowd, if not for her height then for the shining gem in the center of her forehead and on her tail. She moves with an agile self assured grace, giving off a sense of calm and peace that can draw others to her and help them trust that she is truly there to make them feel welcome and at home at either of her inns. Her legs are sleek and long, with low musculature, leading up to a larger than average bubble butt with a long strong tail growing from the bottom of her spinal cord. The tail is yellow with black markings running along it's length and ending in a large red jewel that can light up like a beacon in the night. Her hips are wide and shapely leading to a very narrow waist and stomach, making both her hips and ample bust seem even larger than they really are. Her bust itself is a large DD, her arms share the same characteristics of her legs, having minimal muscle, and her hands are soft, despite working hard to keep two businesses running. Her face is sweet and caring, with soft friendly features and a constant kind but knowing smile, like she always understands what her guests need and is happy to provide it for them. Her eyes are a soft gold, and yellow hair frames her face, with a pair of large ears, the same color and markings as her tail growing out of the top of her head. The gem in the middle of her forehead glows with her emotions, the brighter it is the happier she is, though it never gets bright enough to hurt ones eyes unless she is using it to focus electricity.

Her clothes are minimal and simple, a yellow pair of hip high boots protect her feet and legs, designed to be skin tight so she can move in them with a fluid ease. Her skirt and top are the same yellow, the skirt parted high on the right side revealing the bare skin above her boots, and coming down to just above her knee on the left, allowing it flow around her and not inhibit her movement. The top is again yellow, she takes great pride her the color of her tail and ears after all, and is a simple vest with a opening showing off her ample cleavage, barely able to be contained by the fabric, a good trick she picked up early to earn bigger tips from appreciative customers. She wears black wings around her waist, neck, and wrists mimicking the natural rings on her tail and ears.

Personality:

Tera is welcoming and friendly, with a smile on her face for any who cross the threshold into her domain, she cares a great deal for everyone, and doesn't see the point of fighting unless in self defense. With a warm smile and a cold cup of ale she will welcome any who seek refuge, whether they be noblemen and women in Castletown, or the downtrodden and down on their luck mistypes of Delinquent Town she does all she can to help those in need. She is very outgoing, often boarding on hyper, and always seems to contain a well of energy ready to burst forth on whatever needs her attention. Often too quick to trust, but with a good heart, she can often have even the most sour of people smiling, and enjoying the company around them as they rejuvenate themselves with her home brews and a home cooked meal.

Inherent Abilities:

• Immune to electrical currents
  • Can produce and shape electricity to suit her needs
  • Can power small devices
  • Generates a static charge on her skin

Special Abilities:

• Electric Discharge - Can fire produced electricity from the gemstone in her forehead, often done only in self defense, or coat her body in it to keep others from touching her, also allows the gem on her tail to light up as a beacon in the night
  • Plus - When near other electric type gejinkas her electricity will seek to merge with theirs, providing both a temporary power boost as long as they are close enough together, no more than 20 feet apart

Egg Move: Iron Tail

Strengths: Cooking, brewing alcohol, knowledge about running a business, finances, kind, caring, first aid

Weaknesses: Overly trusting, overly generous, sometimes naïve

Likes [Non-Sexual: Cooking, reading, caring for others, games, dancing
Dislikes [Non-Sexual]: Pushy people, rudeness, fighting, dirt

Ons: Light bondage, soft D/s dynamics, oral (giving and receiving) breast play, cum on skin, taking care of/serving others, light spanking (ass and breasts), pregnancy/risk of pregnancy, penetrative sex (vaginal/anal), tail pulled as a means of controlling while being penetrated
Offs: Violence, toilet play, public play, gore, snuff, non-con

Backstory:

Tera was born in Castletown, in the private set of rooms her parents had in their Inn, The Light beacon, to Francis, and Fyra Joule. She was raised in the Inn, learning the business as she grew up, surrounded by the love and affection of her family and able to charm and put at ease any of the guests visiting her parents business. She thought everybody lived like she did, in a loving home with good food, lots of friends, and a happy home, until she discovered the secret behind her parents Inn. Back before restrictions forbid entry though it was looked down upon, her parents gave a backdoor service to mistypes, putting them up on small rooms, providing free meals, and tending to their wounds when injured. She learned with her own eyes that their were those who lived much harsher lives than she did, and she was determined to do all she could to help ease their suffering and swore to always provide a soft bed and warm food to those in need.

Her parents were older than normal when Tera was born, and had seen much of the cruelty and harshness of the world directed at others, so they encouraged her altruistic beliefs hoping their daughter would be able to do more good in her own life than they did. When Tera turned 16 her parents passed the business onto her, they had been asked to tend to the lighthouse on the coast, their beacons perfect for warning ships of the coastline at night. Unfortunately 10 years prior the attempted assassination of the royal family occurred, and those that she swore to help were banished from Castletown when she was just a child. In fear of the guards giving them trouble her family boarded up and hid the back alley entrance to the Inn. Tear spent the next couple years since her take over planning and saving, trying to find a way to continue providing the aid to the mistypes that her parents used to give. Eventually she had enough saved from the tips she earned and excess she could take from the Inns daily takings to buy and outfit a rundown building in Delinquent town. She hired good staff to run the Castletown Inn, leaving it in their hands and only checking in a couple times a week to deal with ordering supplies and paying her employees wages.

When she first entered the rundown section of the city she was nervous, dark eyes stared at her from alleys, obviously recognizing that she didn't belong their. However she persevered, getting her new Inn, The Beacon of Hope set up in a few short months. It was a slow process, often times the building would be damaged overnight by those who thought she was their to take advantage of them, but she got the job done with the help of a few hired hands. On the day she opened she was nervous, not many people came in, thinking they couldn't afford a room, or the food of someone from Castletown, but slowly she picked up a clientele. Her policy was, 'pay what you can,' and while often many didn't pay her anything for the use of a room for a night, or a good meal, she didn't mind, she was happy to cover the costs herself.. The business in Castletown was booming, and their was an surplus of funds she could channel into keeping the new business open with supplies, but not enough to pay anyone to work their, so she did everything herself. Cooking, waiting tables, cleaning and resetting rooms, you name it and she took care of it. What she didn't know was Dimitrius Maranzano, 'Mayor' of Delinquent Town, was a frequent customer. He always paid well when he came, and was friendly and open, but she could always feel his eyes on her, watching her, as if judging what she was really their for.

One evening as she was getting ready to settle down for the night after insuring her guests were comfortable and didn't need anything she heard a crash downstairs. Rushing down she saw a group of men all wearing masks had broken in and were starting to ransack the place, believing they could make off with a tidy sum of money from all the business she received. Scared and not wanting to fight, but knowing she had to protect herself and her Inn she started forming and firing thunderbolts at them, it was something she wasn't used to and she underpowered her strikes, not really wanting to harm the intruders, just scare them off. It didn't work however and as they started making their way to her with malice in their eyes suddenly Dimitrius was there. He incapacitated all of the intruders and then sat her down, fixing her a cup of tea as she fought to hold in her tears and settle her shaking body. He told her who he really was, and that he was observing her to see if she was running some kind of scam on the mistypes, however he deduced that she really was their with nothing more than the intention to help, and offered her his assistance, both in the form of men for protection, and funds to hire staff to help her run the place. With joy she accepted, knowing he had a bad reputation in Castletown, but seeing for herself that he really just wanted to do his best for those he looked after.

indarkestknight

What does education in the Xernia look like? Is it compulsory for all children, or is it a privilege only afforded the likes of those who can make it to Castle Town?

Vergil Tanner

Crensler:

Teleport would be a move the character knows, not an inherent ability. Inherent Abilities are things that (most) psychic types can do.
Similarly, possessing moves outside his type is...not really an inherent ability, since most Pokemon can learn at least one move outside their type xD

By "Minor Noble," are they a Baron, a Marquess?
Also, does the telepathic connection have a maximum effective range?

Crensler:

Looks good!

Indarkestknight:

Largely paid-for. Not expensive, so most residents in Midtown can afford it, but people in Delinquent Town can't really afford it. Though there are some initiatives being started by a couple of key members of the DT community to try and set up a basic education, it's slow going to find qualified people willing to teach in the rougher part of town.

Sukada

Vergil Was that second Crensler where you said looks good meant to be me?

Crensler

Vergil Tanner:

I just figured the moves outside type figured in because they're part of Gallade's leveling abilities, not TMs or other stuff, but okay.  As for the teleport, alright, I can just edit.  As for effective range... what sounds reasonable to you?  It could probably have tiers depending on distance, with closest obviously meaning more.  At the farthest distance it would be limited to sensations and knowing your twin is still there, or so I figure.

Vergil Tanner

Sukada:

Whoops, yeah xD

Crensler:

As I said earlier, TMs aren't a thing in this universe. If the pokemon can learn it via TM, then they can use it "Naturally" in-game.

And yeah, I think having tiers of effectiveness might help. I just don't want them able to communicate over miles and miles and miles xD There needs to be an "out of service" range. xD

Crensler

Vergil Tanner:

Alright, I'll get to work on that, no worries.

Sukada

Awesome! Then I'm all set until we begin I guess, as soon as a Character registry post is made, if there is going to be one, I will get my Character sheets moved over there.

Amarlo

I have a question about evolution. Is everyone just born as the type they are or can they start at their starter, then maybe evolve once they hit certain milestones in life -- kind of like puberty? Or is there a different mechanic here? o.o

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Evolution kinda reflects maturity. So you're born as, say, a Houndour, and when you hit 16 - 19, you turn into a Houndoom. Or you're born as a Charmander, you hit puberty and go into Charmeleon, get to adulthood, Charizard. If that answers the question!

Crensler

Amarlo

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 27, 2021, 09:22:44 PM
Evolution kinda reflects maturity. So you're born as, say, a Houndour, and when you hit 16 - 19, you turn into a Houndoom. Or you're born as a Charmander, you hit puberty and go into Charmeleon, get to adulthood, Charizard. If that answers the question!
That was basically my guess! Thank you. ;D

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

PentheWonderful

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 27, 2021, 09:22:44 PM

This, unless stated otherwise by their Bulbapedia entry. Some Pokemon need to fulfill certain requirements to evolve. Ex. Cubone needs to make peace with their mother's death to become a Marowak
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."