A journey to Abralem.

Started by uoheinrich, August 08, 2010, 02:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sairin

"I don't listen to anyone!" Avis yelled spitefully, "now let me go, or I'll scream all day and night!"

uoheinrich

"And then the bandage wrapping up my wounded leg will be stuck in your mouth and you won't even be able to move your head. Is that clear." He looked at her dead in the face with utter seriousness. "I'm in no mood for your shit. Maybe if you're quite I'll let you go and NOT turn you into the Regional Guards."
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Sairin

Avis spit in his direction before looking the other way. Fine, have it his way. For now. But once she was out of her bindings...
Avis glanced around, wondering if he'd taken her dagger. Where had she even put it?

uoheinrich

He looked at her in disgust. "Damned Nobles thinking they can do whatever they please..." He began grumbling. Even as he laid back he grumbled and when at last he finally fell asleep he was still grumbling.
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Sairin

Avis huffed and struggled at her bindings once more but finding it no use. The man's ties were extraordinary if he was to be good at anything.
Groaning once more, Avis gave up and watched him for a bit. She took notice of his breathing, and muscels. He should be healthy, aside from the wound she'd afflicted upon him. Avis wondered what she'd been thinking in the first place.
'Heat of the moment. He'd upset you, and no one ever had before.' Avis sighed and rested her head back against the tree, waiting for him to wake up. But there was one thing she refused to do, and that was sleep in his presence.

uoheinrich

He awoke an hour or so later. His leg continued to burn and he felt feverish. He tried to stand and then collapsed, his head swimming and dizzy. "Damn you..." He pointed at her his voice faint and his body trembling.

Sairin

Avis kept quiet, but looked at him with a somewhat pleasant look. Perhaps in thought that he was in pain? Avis' eyebrow rose slightly as she looked to the ankle once more. She'd been trained somewhat in the body, and few knew that by keeping a wound dirty will further the injury. But should she even bother to tell the man?

uoheinrich

He saw the smirk on her face and became enraged. "YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY TO WATCH PEOPLE DIE!" He yelled in anger, but collapsed soon afterwards. His  body wasn't ready to exert itself especially in the state he was in. "I'll.... I'll..." He collapsed again at her feet.

Sairin

Avis let out a startled sound and made herself small against the tree. Through soft words she spoke, "You need to clean it out and rest. Granted the wound is not so terrible, these woods are filthy. Just a bit of dirt could make your cut worse. The worse it gets, the longer it will take for you to recover, if you even do that."

uoheinrich

He looked at her through feverish eyes and got right up onto her. He pulled his hatchet out and chopped the rope to pieces. He looked at her one last time before his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he slumped against her.

Sairin

Avis closed her eyes. This was her chance now. If she left, she'd be free, with that, this man would be fevorish and perhaps die. But what for? Avis had witnessed so much death in her life lately, and God was surely punishing her by their deaths. Was this just another trial? Sighing, Avis lay the man down on his back. So many things to do with so many few resources. Avis sighed and opened up her small pack. Inside she found a small cup and a little amount of water contained. Taking this water, Avis poured it into the cup and rested it on the ground. Grabbing the man's hatched, Avis cut off part of her top at the bottom and soaked it in the water.
'Well that bit is easy. As for the fire,' Avis could easily find small branches that would substain enough to boil the small cup's water. But starting the fire was something Avis had never done before. There was flint, but Avis had never used nor carried flint. Another method contained rubbing sticks together. Avis took two sticks and cast them an odd look. How could wood make fire?

uoheinrich

Harvik's eyes snapped opened, small and dilated. "Mum..." He said in a feverish voice that sounded almost childlike, "Da, Where's mum? How can Mum be with God when she's right here?" In almost an instant his arms began flailing as he began cursing at someone who wasn't there, "Damn you! How dare you kill him!" His hands swinging a non existent sword, "NEVER! I'LL NEVER BE LIKE YOU!" And just as soon as fever dream began it ended again.

Sairin

Wiping at her forehead, Avis looked down to the small fire burning beneath the cup. Now to wait for it to boil. Avis sighed and squeezed at her neck in a massaging way before the man began to dream. She blinked in surprise to the man, and wondered if she should back up from him. With his violent waving arms, he could hurt her. His nightmares, however, ended quickly as did the need for Avis to move.
Avis frowned and took a wettened rag to place over his head. The water hadn't boiled yet, so this rag would just cool him down. As for the ankle...
Avis' stomach took another turn and she closed her eyes to regain strength. Breathing slowly, Avis waited for the water to boil. Being such a small cup, it didn't take too long. Opening her eyes, Avis removed the dirty bandages and looked away while putting on the sanitary ones from the water. Fastening the last knot in a sturdy wrap, Avis bathed the dirty ones in the cup before leaning back into the tree and closing her eyes.

uoheinrich

Harvik laid there he continued to have feverish dreams but soon he began to cool down. He opened his eyes momentarily, barely keeping his consciousness. "Thank......you.." He said in an extremely weak voice to her, she had not let him die and he now owed her. He owed a woman something, inwardly he grinned at the irony.

Sairin

Avis opened her eyes to the man and bit her lower lip for a second before speaking.
"I think you should continue to sleep. You still don't look so well," Avis muttered and moved closer to press her fingers to his forehead. "You're warm, but not burning hot. It's best to rest up a bit and regan yourself."
Avis wondered though if it was safe for them to dally about though. She didn't know the country side, and what kind of bad people that may be hiding within it.

uoheinrich

He nodded his head and motioned towards his lips like he was drinking since his throat hurt badly. He shivered as his body began to regain control of itself. He then crossed himself and reached for his rosary and clasped it in a white knuckle grip.

Sairin

Avis stood and brought the man her container of water. She kneeled next to him and lifed his head back, putting the container to his lips.
"Here, drink this. It's the last of my water," Avis whispered sweetly and stroked his forehead gently.

uoheinrich

He looked up at her his eyes watery and fearful at being at her mercy. He drank slowly but deeply but never kept his eyes off of her somewhat suspicious even though she was soothing to him. He drank only half of what she gave him before pushing it away gently. "Thank you..." He weakly said as he began to slowly fall asleep again.

Sairin

(123 post :D)

Avis sighed and put the container next to him. If he wanted more he could have it.
Avis went back to the tree and leaned against its rough bark. What had she gotten herself into? She helped a strange man, one that may have killed people. Or perhaps he intended to kill her. Avis had decided to always be wary of this man and if he did try something, she'll rehimind him who saved his life. For now, however, he was helpless. As was she, unless she got some sleep. Moving down to the ground, Avis closed her eyes to sleep beneath the tree.

uoheinrich

He awoke the next day, his fever gone, yet instead there was a massive headache. He held his head and looked around, his stuff lay in a pile next to him. He looked at her sleeping, he thought of tying her back up and then shook his head. He grabbed a few of his waterskins and went to a nearby creek. He came back an hour or so later with full waterskins. He tossed one onto the girls lap and sat down directly across from her. "Hey," he said nursing his wound.

Sairin

Avis jumped awake, and lifted her hand to strike anyone near.
"Oh... It's you," She sighed and rested her hand down. Breathing in deeply, Avis closed her eyes and leaned her head against the tree. Boy, was her body sore. Avis now began to miss her bed, her servants, her freshly made food... her sister... her-
Avis cut off the thought and pulled her knees to her chest to bury her head in as to not let the man see her tears.

uoheinrich

He looked at her curiously, "Hey... Are you ok?" He didn't know anybody to go into the futile position and be fine. "Hey what's the matter?" He moved closer to her touching her lightly on the shoulder.

Sairin

"What?" Avis wiped away her tears quickly and looked up at him. "No, I'm fine," She muttered with a tender smile, "Honest." Avis hoped the smile looked convincing enough, but deep down inside, Avis ached.

uoheinrich

He looked at her unconvinced but he'd leave it. Instead he changed the subject, "Why'd you do it?" He referred to the ankle.

Sairin

This man was digging into her personal life without even knowing it. Avis half told the truth to him.
"It's a sin to let a man that should survive to die if you can do something about it. I was told this growing up," Avis looked away from him. She felt this way, but what she didn't say was there would also be the guilt that would follow her knowing it was her fault her family was dead as well.