An IP address for every bullet.

Started by Vekseid, December 18, 2007, 08:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

No, seriously

Quote from: articleFor defense strategists, IPv6 is science fiction come to life. John Stenbit, former CIO of the Department of Defense, says that every soldier, spy plane and even every bullet will eventually have its own IP address, giving the military an incredible level of real-time visibility into combat zones.

Celestial Goblin

What about shotgun pellets?

Surely they're talking about missiles and not about individual rifle bullets here?

kongming

So the general can sit and look at the mini-map? Cool. Now all we need is a way for them to click on individual units to give orders.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Avi

Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: HeretiKat on December 19, 2007, 02:32:00 PM
I'm more concerned about the end of internet anonymity.  While it will be more secure that security will have lethal consequences for dissidents in China and similar places.  No wonder they're so interested in it.

Indeed.
Though I have big hopes for technology always progressing faster than control does.
At worse, we'll have camouflaged people stalking trough the woods with wireless radio modems, then coming back home with whatever illegal information they managed to poach.;)